OtakuBoards

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Trading, Discussion and SRS BIZNESS

The Spectacular Professor

[b]Thanks for the help guys.

I now caught Raikou, thanks to the fast ball strategy. Although Entei is still eluding me. Also I decided on LeafGreen if I can find it, and I finally beat Misty. (She was harder than I thought she was.)

Is it worth spending any time in the Safari Zone by the way? I heard you have to wait like months though for the Pokémon you want to show up. I hope that's not true.[/b]

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pokewalker has been destroyed thanks to the washing machine in my house. My moms grabbed my pants before I got to empty the pockets and turns out that my pokewalker was still in the pants. Whats worse about the whole situation was that my Zapdos was in the pokewalker. I have no idea why I put it in there but now its gone forever. Man I hate this.

But as for some serious business....how do I get an Electabuzz and how do I get my Magmar to evolve into Magmortar?

[quote name='Humaru' date='08 June 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1276061163' post='694938']
My pokewalker has been destroyed thanks to the washing machine in my house. My moms grabbed my pants before I got to empty the pockets and turns out that my pokewalker was still in the pants. Whats worse about the whole situation was that my Zapdos was in the pokewalker. I have no idea why I put it in there but now its gone forever. Man I hate this.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]No its not. There's a code that you can use to bring your Pokemon back from the Pokewalker in case something like that happens- Nintendo was prepared for that one :P

From Bulbapedia: [/color]

[quote]A Pokémon that has been transfered onto a Pokéwalker isn't actually sent to the device, but rather copied and the data for the Pokémon is sent. The targeted Pokémon is instead put aside, and can't be used in the game, until the data has been returned to the game. Therefore, if a Pokéwalker is lost or damaged, the Pokémon is not lost. Pokémon can be restored to the game it was taken from if a Pokéwalker is lost or broken by pressing and holding Up, Select, and R at the Pokéwalker connection screen. The Pokémon will be returned to the PC box with its level or happiness unaffected.

Nintendo has started selling individual Pokéwalkers, battery covers, and clip covers as replacements on their online store. These replacements can be used with any HeartGold or SoulSilver game card, regardless of the default language. [/quote] Edited by RedJ

[quote name='Humaru' date='09 June 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1276061163' post='694938']
But as for some serious business....how do I get an Electabuzz and how do I get my Magmar to evolve into Magmortar?
[/quote]

Electabuzz: Route 10, and the Safari Zone with a Level 4 Peak block in the Forest area.

And you can evolve your Magmar by trading it while it's holding a Magmarizer. Edited by Citric

[b]Wow, I had a really lucky break today. I found a non-bootleg copy of LeafGreen. It was a used copy too! So thanks to getting to the Pal Park just recently and having bought myself a DS Lite, I was able to transfer all of the Pokémon off of it before starting a game.

Which leads into my next question. If you use a Ditto with a Pokémon that doesn't evolve, can you still get an egg out of it? I found out you can't rename them even if you get them from the Pal Park, and I want to change their names. D:[/b]

[quote name='RedJ' date='09 June 2010 - 10:53 AM' timestamp='1276095229' post='694951']
[color="#FF0000"]No its not. There's a code that you can use to bring your Pokemon back from the Pokewalker in case something like that happens- Nintendo was prepared for that one :P

From Bulbapedia: [/color]
[/quote]

Thanks RedJ....you are a life saver...or a pokemon saver at least. Much props goes out to you.

Can anyone help me trade my HG team from my Platinum game back into Heart Gold? I sent them over for additional training and now none of my friends can help me put them back.

Here are my friend codes;
HG - 5928 3106 5487
Platinum- 1290 4212 2011

I neeeeeeeed to finally beat the Elite Four.

[quote name='Tonks' date='13 June 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1276452293' post='695183']
Can anyone help me trade my HG team from my Platinum game back into Heart Gold? I sent them over for additional training and now none of my friends can help me put them back.

Here are my friend codes;
HG - 5928 3106 5487
Platinum- 1290 4212 2011

I neeeeeeeed to finally beat the Elite Four.
[/quote]

If you can explain to me how I can help you, I will surely try!

I will need to know: How to find out my friend code.
How to contact you with your friend codes.
How this trade triangle is going to work.
What date and time we should do this.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey can anyone out there trade me their Groudon from SoulSilver? Apparently, the Groudon from Ruby isn't enough for Prof Oak's standards(total copout). I will trade the current Groudon I have though it is not as strong.

[b]I would Humaru, but I am in the same boat as you. I have HeartGold. I do have a DS Lite and DSi though. But I don't think it would be worth getting SoulSilver just to get a Groudon.

I do have Platinum though, so can I trade to my HeartGold or do I need to use the GTS?

Also I finally beat all 16 gyms! :) I'm just trying to figure out what to do now lol. I know I can build up a team for Red, but aren't there a lot of places to rock climb as well?[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='22 June 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1277258088' post='695843']
[b]I would Humaru, but I am in the same boat as you. I have HeartGold. I do have a DS Lite and DSi though. But I don't think it would be worth getting SoulSilver just to get a Groudon.

I do have Platinum though, so can I trade to my HeartGold or do I need to use the GTS?

Also I finally beat all 16 gyms! :) I'm just trying to figure out what to do now lol. I know I can build up a team for Red, but aren't there a lot of places to rock climb as well?[/b]
[/quote]

Thank you Lilt. Yeah there is no reason to buy a completely new game just for one pokemon. I wouldn't know about the whole Platinum/Heartgold trading business. Sorry.

Yes there are plenty of places to use rock climb and most of which lead you to items that help in trade evolutions or egg hatching(Bonsly, Muchlax, Mime Jr., Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Happiny,Mantyke) Sadly though I dont know where all the spots are but the ones I know are in the cave before you get to the safari zone and on cinnabar island.

[quote name='Lilt' date='22 June 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1277258088' post='695843']I do have Platinum though, so can I trade to my HeartGold or do I need to use the GTS?
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]If you have two DSes and two DS Pokémon games, it shouldn't be a problem to trade directly between them. Just use the union room in the 2nd floor of the Pokémon Center.[/font]

[quote name='gallowsCalibrator' date='23 June 2010 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1277260338' post='695846']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]If you have two DSes and two DS Pokémon games, it shouldn't be a problem to trade directly between them. Just use the union room in the 2nd floor of the Pokémon Center.[/font]
[/quote]

Thanks so much! :) Now I can get a lot of the Pokémon from Platinum that I wanted onto my HeartGold.

And how did everyone end up choosing a team to beat Red?

[quote name='Lilt' date='23 June 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1277336681' post='695894']
Thanks so much! :) Now I can get a lot of the Pokémon from Platinum that I wanted onto my HeartGold.

And how did everyone end up choosing a team to beat Red?
[/quote]

To beat Red it took me 2 attempts. I underestimated him the first time. But I based my team around being able to take out his Pikachu and Snorlax quickly. Those were the biggest headaches to over come. But the team I used goes as follows : Mewtwo lv83, Typhlosion lv85, Blastoise lv90, Raichu lv74, Dragonite lv80, Machamp lv86.

My Machamp had some super strong fighting type moves but I also equipped it with two ground attacks to eliminate his Pikachu. Both after some intense battling I defeated Red and he said absolutely nothing to me. I was hoping for a great job and you are a true pokemon master but all he did was disappear

[color="#FF0000"]I attempted to beat Blue last night, against my better judgment. I was actually doing pretty good and had him down to two Pokemon. He throws out Gyrados and proceed to finish off what's left of my team except for Meganium and Roserade, and a good Frenzy Plant to the face finished that off. And then he was down to one Pokemon. There was just one problem-

It was his Acanine that I had nearly one hit KO'd earlier. He sends it out, uses a Full Restore, and I don't think I need to continue.

Bleh -3-
[/color]

[quote name='RedJ' date='24 June 2010 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1277395525' post='695924']
[color="#FF0000"]I attempted to beat Blue last night, against my better judgment. I was actually doing pretty good and had him down to two Pokemon. He throws out Gyrados and proceed to finish off what's left of my team except for Meganium and Roserade, and a good Frenzy Plant to the face finished that off. And then he was down to one Pokemon. There was just one problem-

It was his Acanine that I had nearly one hit KO'd earlier. He sends it out, uses a Full Restore, and I don't think I need to continue.

Bleh -3-
[/color]
[/quote]

I feel your pain. I had a similar situation with Sabrina. I didnt have any super effective moves for psychic types and her Alakazam wiped me out. But I got her back though. Good luck on your next battle with Gary(Blue)

I have always beat every gym leader on the first try except for Claire. I slaughtered all of the Kanto gym leaders easily as well, mostly due to two things. One: My Charizard, Valor. Two: My Raichu, Runa. These two have so far easily overpowered everything any trainer or gym leader has ever thrown at me.

Here's my team for Red that I'm leveling up:

Charizard
Raichu
Empoleon
Swampert
Infernape
Jigglypuff

[quote name='chibi-master' date='24 June 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1277411914' post='695938']
I have always beat every gym leader on the first try except for Claire. I slaughtered all of the Kanto gym leaders easily as well, mostly due to two things. One: My Charizard, Valor. Two: My Raichu, Runa. These two have so far easily overpowered everything any trainer or gym leader has ever thrown at me.

Here's my team for Red that I'm leveling up:

Charizard
Raichu
Empoleon
Swampert
Infernape
Jigglypuff
[/quote]

Awesome team. Im not really sold on the Jigglypuff selection though but hey if it works,more power to you.

[quote name='Lilt' date='24 June 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1277415114' post='695943']
[b]Wow, that's almost a whole Starter team, isn't it? How did you decide on that team, Chibi? And where did you get a Swampert?[/b]
[/quote]

Almost. I decided like this...

Charizard: His name is Valor and he is amazing. Never gets hurt when confused, never misses, and he's been my right hand man for all of LeafGreen. I love him and I'm counting on him to one-hit KO that Venusaur of Red's.

Raichu: Her name is Runa and she can take down any water type you throw at her. She and Valor are my Golden Duo. I'm hoping she'll take care of the Blastoise and the Lapras.

Empoleon: Borislav is an amazing badass with the soul of Siberia burning in his Russian heart. He's going to show Red's Charizard what's what!

Swampert: This guy is Edvard and he, like Borislav is from SOVIET RUSSIA. His ground type abilities and attacks are going to take down that assclown known as Red's Pikachu.

Infernape: I hate Infernapes. I hate them to the fiery pits of Satan's stomach. But Athena is the highest level fighting type I have, sooo... I'm pitting her against that tank of a Snorlax.

Jigglypuff: She's the second highest level team member I have. With several elemental punches, she has a wide range for battle. I'm hoping her Thunder Punch will take out Lapras if Runa, my Raichu, faints.

I prefer to battle with my favorites, so this is it. (Minus Infernape.)

I got my Swampert from my Pokemon Emerald game and transferred him into my HG game. Edited by chibi-master

[b]Wow, that was inspiring. XD I now know how to pick my team to beat Red. Thanks Chibi., :) Also I had no idea Jigglypuff had elemental punches. That is good to know.

Although if I could, I would like to beat Red with a team of Eeve's evolutions. XD That would be cool.

So how did you guys train your team for Red? Or if you're training now, how are you doing it? I can get to level 70 in Victory Road, with grass and water types. But besides that, or past level 70, I can't seem to level.[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='25 June 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1277483367' post='695978']
[b]Wow, that was inspiring. XD I now know how to pick my team to beat Red. Thanks Chibi., :) Also I had no idea Jigglypuff had elemental punches. That is good to know.

Although if I could, I would like to beat Red with a team of Eeve's evolutions. XD That would be cool.

So how did you guys train your team for Red? Or if you're training now, how are you doing it? I can get to level 70 in Victory Road, with grass and water types. But besides that, or past level 70, I can't seem to level.[/b]
[/quote]

Well transferring Pokemon from other games helps a lot because they grow a lot faster. But I continually train against the Pokemon League and battling Gym Leaders over and over. They seem to be the only trainers that give me some real experience points. Ive been doing that for quite some time. My Pokemon finally got up to levels between 72-80 and I figured this was my best shot at taking down Red. It was quite fun training them though every trainer in the game is a chump tome now.

[b]Thanks, I might try that.

Right now though, this is the team I was thinking of using. Any suggestions or thoughts on this team?

Dugtrio - My ground type for my team.
Arcanine - My fire type
Manectric - Electric
Primeape - Fighting
Jynx - So I can have both Ice and Psychic
Octillery - Water type, but she also has some Ice and Psychic moves

So what do you guys think? Can I beat Red or do I need a better team?[/b] Edited by Lilt