OtakuBoards

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Trading, Discussion and SRS BIZNESS

The Spectacular Professor

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually took a break from HG yesterday to work some more on LG. I ended up catching Zapdos and now have every legendary Pokemon the game has to offer me. I can't wait to transfer my LG Pokemon. Especially since I have a beautiful Raichu that's much faster and more powerful than Ampharos.

[quote name='Citric']Mine are all 72 now.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You should be good so long as you either have something that's faster than Pikachu or resistant to Volt Tackle. Once that thing's down, Red is a cakewalk. Except Snorlax. It tends to live far longer than it ought to.

Caught all three Legendary Birds within the last two days. Now all that's left are two of the Beasts, Ho-Oh, Latios, Groudon and Mewtwo.[/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I still haven't even bothered to go see Red. Though being distracted with several other games at the moment probably isn't helping. [And I'm a good 5-10 levels lower than I should be to face him, 'cept for Mewtwo...][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You should be good so long as you either have something that's faster than Pikachu or resistant to Volt Tackle. Once that thing's down, Red is a cakewalk. Except Snorlax. It tends to live far longer than it ought to.

Caught all three Legendary Birds within the last two days. Now all that's left are two of the Beasts, Ho-Oh, Latios, Groudon and Mewtwo.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Raikou and Dragonite should fair alright against Pikachu then.

Stupid question but it is possible to transfer your LeafGreen and FireRed pokemon directly to the HeartGold and SoulSilver games or is there so other way?

I really hate myself for asking this...oh well. What are you going to do.

[quote name='Humaru']Stupid question but it is possible to transfer your LeafGreen and FireRed pokemon directly to the HeartGold and SoulSilver games or is there so other way?

I really hate myself for asking this...oh well. What are you going to do.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Yeah, via the Pal Park. You put your FR/LG [or R/S/E] cartridge into the GBA slot of the DS [so if you only have a DSi, you're out of luck], and then catch them in the park [don't worry about not being able to catch them, since the Safari Balls work like Master Balls, they'll always catch it]. In HG/SS, the park is in Fuchsia City. You can only migrate Pokemon from an individual cart once every 24 hours, though [unless they changed that for HG/SS, as I've not used it yet; and no, messing with the DS's internal clock won't work, either, as it detects a time change and forbids you from migrating].[/SIZE][/FONT]

Yes, there is. There's a Pal Park in Fuchsia City, if I remember correctly, and that'll let you bring over any Pokemon you have on a Gen III game. So as long as you have a DS that has a GBA slot, that is.

EDIT: GAH, GOME! B(

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]You can only migrate Pokemon from an individual cart once every 24 hours, though [unless they changed that for HG/SS, as I've not used it yet; and no, messing with the DS's internal clock won't work, either, as it detects a time change and forbids you from migrating].[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I think I read somewhere that they did. Which is good for me, because I use a DSi and I'd have to borrow a friend's Lite for over 24 hours just to make the transfer if they did it the old way.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I just noticed that my Tyranitar is a girl. FFUUUUUU

I've always been pretty adverse to female pokemon unless they're specific kinds, like Gardevoir. I hate catching female rock/ground types, so it's really fantastic that my Garchomp and Rhyperior are both girls. I think it's mostly because I can't think of any good names for them. (Rhyperior is Athena, which kinda works, and I named Garchomp after a friend as a joke).

So I dunno what I'm gonna name Tyranitar now. I felt Mars was a badass name. Maybe Juturna?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Clurr'][SIZE="1"]She looks nothing like a Tyranitar.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

See Sailor Moon Abridged series and you will find that they are somehwat alike.

Hey, this might be a stupid question, but breeding a Vaporeon with a Ditto results in an Eevee egg, not a Vaporeon one, correct?

[SIZE="1"]I just mated Tyranitar with a Swampert and rode up and down in Solaceon Town for 10,455 steps just so I could hatch a male Larvitar and name it as I please (yes, it is that important to me) AND IT WAS A GIRL.

A GIRL.

FML.[/SIZE]

I'm having issues with Red, for no reason at all. I have quit a few Pokemon at level 80 and just am having a hard time...usually I don't purposely make a team to counter people, but I just might have to here(Their attacks already cover all of the bases though :( )... so far I'm using...

83 Kingdra- Ice Beam, Surf, Dragon Pulse, Smoke Screen
80 Ampharos- Discharge, Thunder Wave, Power Gem, Flash
80 Lickilicky- Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Explosion, Return
82 Mamoswine- Earthquake, Avalanche, Superpower, Stone Edge
80 Wobbuffet (Shiny!)- Counter, Mirror Coat, Destiny Bond, Safeguard
81 Parasect- Spore, X-Scissor, Cross Poisson, Energy Ball

Maybe I just need to level them up some more, or use items in mass. Or I could switch out Wobbuffet (who I'm only using cause it's shiny) for something better.

Also.. EV training is so long, I don't think I wanna do all that, doing the battle frontier for the TMs I used on these guys was way to long.

[SIZE="1"]So I hatched twelve Larvitars. The majority of them turned out to be female, which was infuriating. None of them have very good natures, either, but at least I got my Mars out of the whole mess.

If anyone wants one I wouldn't mind trading.

Here are the names, if it matters:

Female: Nabooru, Antigone, Atalanta, Gaia, Megeara, Lupercalia, Hecate, Juturna

Male: Italus, Evander, Gemini[/SIZE]

[quote name='chibi-master']Another Pokemon fan in my history class told me he'd heard a rumor that having a Slugma or Magmar in one's group would cut an egg's hatching time in half. True or False?:confused:[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]True. It's due to their nature, Flame Body (or Magma Armor, but not to the same extent). Besides its in-battle effect, it also cuts the number of steps needed to hatch an egg by half if a pokémon with it is in your party. This also works if you have a Magmar, since they have the same ability.

EDIT: Rumor has it that Gamestop is going to be handing out Celebi next month. This is unconfirmed, but if it's true it would be the Celebi that unlocks the special [spoiler]Giovanni[/spoiler] Event in Ilex Forest. Cross your fingers, folks.

EDIT 2: My Weavile, Alice, has finally reached level 100. This is special because the last Pokémon I ever maxed the level of was my first Feraligatr on Crystal almost ten years ago. Yay me![/FONT]

Ace, I'm guessing the Celebi rumor is going to involve the Pokewalker like the Yellow Forest event did? Because mine is still dead. :animecry:

Where's a Pokemon center when you need one?

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]It shouldn't. GameStop events require you to connect your game to the wifi they have set up there, and you receive the event Pokemon directly onto your game.[Though if you have too many Wonder Cards still on the game, it won't transfer. They can simply be deleted, though, if you already got the Pokemon that the card was needed for.] The Yellow Road was a direct download from the Nintendo WFC, so you didn't need to go to GameStop for that.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]This is actually a DPPt request. If anyone has any Blue Shards they would give me, let's trade. I only need a few, but have a lot of Yellow and Green Shards, or Heart Scales.

My info: Tegan, 1290 4212 2011.[/SIZE]