OtakuBoards

Scrapmetal Circus: Revamped

Inuyasha Fandom

Welcome to the backstage thread For the Scrapmetal Circus: Revamped thread. Here, you will find the complete list of planets and factions, updated as we go along.

Some key Factions of Space:

The Gerul Pirates (this band of pirates is a bunch of low down hunters, always seeking their next victim or caper. These guys are thieves, mostly.)

Tai Pirates( Orientally influenced, they are like the Yakuza of Space.)

Gohn Pirates ( Comprised mostly of militant groups that have banded together under a recently appointed leader. The old leader has yet to be found.)

Cerberus (Many belonging to this group are nothing more than cybernetic thugs and murderers.)

The Intergalactic Military Police( Comprised of many races and people, they are responsible for the renegade androids that comprise a majority the circus. They are the peacemakers, among other things.)

There are nearly countless more. I will update them as we go along. Now, for some planets:

Leaferia (This planet is much similar to Earth than any other known planet. It plays as an intergalactic way station for all kinds of people and species)

Haven (An asteroid turned hub. This is more of a free zone, so many people who don't want to be found head here. But, it's also a nice place to stop on long journeys.)

Heifon (home to a sentient species called the Ver. The Ver are similar in appearance to felines, though walk upright and have opposable thumbs and well developed hands.)

Levion, The Junkyard Planet. (this planet is the junkyard of the universe. All kinds of technological refuse can be found here, spanning centuries of Earth time. Lately, it's fallen under the dominion of the Gerul Pirates.)

Waypoint (this of course is the military hub of the universe located on an asteroid, similar to that of Haven)

Teirilo (the tourist trap planet. The entire planet has been turned into a resort, and summer clothing is mandatory attire all year round, there is no winter in this planet.The luxurious hot springs are located in various mountain ranges, and are always thriving with people.)

Azerion ( this planet is teeming with aquatic life, and home to a sentient species known as the Mysidians. Mysidians are quite different from humans, able to breathe air or water with ease. They are bi-pedal, with legs and arms like that of a human though with fins adorning their limbs. The skin tones of the Mysidians range in color from pale blue to a dark gray.Over seventy percent of the planet's surface consists of its singular ocean)

Vessels to be familiar with:

[I]I.G.C.S. Carnival[/I] The Scrapmetal Circus takes place aboard this ship. I G C S stands for InterGalactic Civilian Ship. Our base planet is Leaferia, though we have another Scrapmetal Circus division located on Teirilo. The Circus itself is of intergalactic renown, and is always welcomed in any space port. The [I]Carnival[/I] was once a former military vessel, though it mysteriously disappeared twenty years ago. Since, the ship's onboard computer has undergone a complete overwrite, and so well done it's undetectable. For all intents, the [I]Carnival[/I] has always been property of the Circus. The paint job has also been redone, now displaying the purpose of the vessel in large print across the side, along with various decorations and such, making the [I]Carnival[/I] appear festive and welcoming. The vessel's past has been completely erased, and it born anew. No one, not even the people the ship once belonged to, even begin to suspect the [I]Carnival[/I] of being the stolen vessel. The ship has been retrofitted many, many times, aiding in making it unrecognizable. Two of the three absolutely gigantic hold sections have been converted into two halves of the stage, the upper half and the lower half, and every performance is a massive undertaking, being that many sets must be swapped out within mere minutes. Usually, one set is lowered under the stage,, and then another raised in it's place, already completely assembled. When traveling, even these various stages must be disassembled and packed away. On board at any given time, there between 100 and 200 people, including performers, stage hands, navigators, defensive tacticians, and munitions handlers and the captain.

Again, I will update the planets as necessary.

Any suggestions, key ideas, and questions go here, as well as suggestions for our adventures. If you have an idea, more than likely it will get used down the line.

Also! Vote here now for what performance we'll be starting with. My own is for the Phantom of the Opera or for Snow White or Cinderella.

I'm thinking Cinderella.

i have a comment... telling auditions to ask there friends to write for an rp is not cool. I can pass up on an rp once and a while, but I have no choice but to succumb to peer pressure...

[quote name='CaNz']i have a comment... telling auditions to ask there friends to write for an rp is not cool. I can pass up on an rp once and a while, but I have no choice but to succumb to peer pressure...[/QUOTE]

XD

oh, i know. That's why I did it.

BEHOLD MY AWESOME POWERS OF REASONING! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That, and I want as many players and different androids as possible.

As far as plays go, Excel? Or in general?

If you mean in general, I want to be the tall 'guard dog' android for the group. As far as our acts go though, I would like to see anything from fairy tales. There are still alot that Disney never touched.

Perhaps we Could do Anastasia...

and unfortunately, Disney is what i'm familiar with, though that doesn't mean we won't be doing our own thing from time to time.

And as for what Zeke will be doing, he will be on stage, being that he's light enough to perform. Of course, the real difficulty in this will be choosing the androids that are light enough to even BE on stage.... Some people might have to settle for back stage and stage hand work. It's unfortunate, but people can't help how they were built, now can they?

Also. I have yet to hear from some of our players about what they want to perform first. Our readily available choices are:

Phantom of the Opera
Cinderella
Beauty and the Beast
Romeo and Juliet
Alice in Wonderland
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Sleeping Beauty
Anastasia

Whatever we decide, I'll come up with something, and people are more than welcome to make their own performances, or describe scenes they watch. Any ideas on tweeking the performances are welcome. Keep in mind, altogether besides the characters in the RP, we have the peons, the other people in the Circus. Altogether, we have about 100 people aboard the [I]Carnival[/I]. Alot of rooms for the performers are more like dorm rooms.

Yes, this is an extensive roleplay, with a lot of facts and figures, though most of that kind of stuff I'll handle myself.

Alrighty people just here to tell you about some of the equipment for my android.

Target Acquiring Computer: This computer locates and locks on to one or more targets. It also can target any object and helps with aiming. It has a sub-procesor that tracks individual targets. Works with the F.O.F. computer.

F.O.F: Friend or Foe computer indicates which object or person is either friendly or an enemy. It works with the Target Acquiring Computer or TAC for short. It also detects F.o.F transmissions from either built in or carried devices.

Class C Speed Excelarator Servos: Servos are no longer used in any android due to more effective motivators. Even though their extremely durable.

Modified Class 5 Ammo Back Pack: The Class 5 Ammo Back Pack unmodified is a bulky unarmored ammo pack with high ammo storage count. This modified version holds 15% less but is slighlty lighter, more streamline, and has armor to protect from grenades and small arm fire.

2x Dual Devastator Tri-barrel Vulcon Mini-gun (2 per shoulder): This version of the Tri-barrel Vulcun Mini-gun uses a mixture of anti-personal, anti-material, DU (Depleted Uranium), and explosive .65 cal rounds. Fires at 10,000 rounds a minute but has been lowered to 4,000 rounds to reduce ammo waste and kickback.

Learning software mark 9: The Mark 9 was in its experemental stages and only 4 out of 100 units equipted. After EJA-62345687A went rogue the 3 other units where dismanteled and the chips destroyed and fitted with the shackled Mark 8's. Its learning capabilities where 100x faster than the Mark 8's. The Mark 8 was little lower than a 5 year olds mind. That in mind the Mark 9 is almost 60 year olds mind. Making learning new things extremely fast.

Plasma Saw Hiden in Left Forearm ejects towards the hand: Used to cut through enemy vehicls, bunkers, and enemy troops. Its draw back is its high power consumtion and duration. It also relies on heat sinks to avoid core overload.

High Energy Rifle on Right Arm: It detaches to be used has a weapon. Its shots are limited to 15 but is a highly effective on metal targets like other androids and drones.

Two Hybrid Hand Cannon: They fire a new type of semi-solid slugs by liquifying the inner core of the bullet to a plasma state. After being fired, it develops an electric charge on the outer shell of the bullet and discharges on contact. Works with most old and new bullet models.

Thermite Grenades: Works on the principal of melting metalic objects and some inorganic materials like concrete and rock. Creates small explosion causing shrapnel.

Armor: A highly resistances metal and ceramic compound mixture. Test indicates that the armor is on of the most effective long term armor types out their when paired with the Nanotek Synthisizer to repair armor with materials found nearby like other materials or android parts. The armor is detachable but requires a small crane or 2 other androids.
I hope this clears up some pondering minds.

I'm in the same boat as Wolfie. I need a role for Leto that won't steal a big role for someone else. (The fairy godmother, for example.)

Also, Leto's profile is finished so I will be posting as soon as Leto knows what costume to wear.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]I know both Dragons Wolfie and Lilt have already stated it, but the same issue holds true for Alaska, CaNz and I.

Maybe Inu, you could write out a list of necessary roles/stage jobs (and maybe your suggestion for who should do what) and then the other players can choose their parts accordingly.[/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"]I'm personally hoping for not too heavy a focus on performances, being that this is the case with a lot of players.

I don't mind them, but I love building stories and interacting with them in an IC environment, y'know.[/FONT]

Basically, lighter model androids can make it on the stage, and those who are too heavy and don't look human have to take backstage roles.

It's really up to you guys what you want to be. It's your characters. Performers are more than welcome. Let me reread things and make suggestions. I'll get back to you guys later on today.

[quote name='The 10th'][FONT=Book Antiqua]I know both Dragons Wolfie and Lilt have already stated it, but the same issue holds true for Alaska, CaNz and I.[/FONT][/quote]
i know exactly what i am doing for this performance as well as any others unless i am asked specificly to participate (and i doubt i will be since i got a tv for a head.

I will film them... but i wont be helping out with them... so dont bother thinking up a role for me... its probablly too difficult and i dont feel like writing about dramas (i kinda hated that class)

P.S. I can still speak for myself The 10th... not like i gotta bad internet connection too!