Lady Asphyxia Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 [quote name='James' date='10 June 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1276166534' post='695013'] [font="Palatino Linotype"]We made a couple of announcements about the change in advance and we've now been on the new version for almost two weeks. A couple of weeks can be a long time when a big change happens, though! [/font][/quote] [font="'Arial Narrow"] [/font] [font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2]Haha, teach me for staying offline during exams! It's alright, I'm on an even keel now. I found the 'previous username' button and everything is fine. I actually really like the new version, it's nifty. [/size][/font] [font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2] [/size][/font][size=2][/size] [font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2]In regards to the posts, are you sure it's not some strange glitch? If I check through [/size][/font][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/user/828-lady-asphyxia/"][font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2]these posts[/size][/font][/url][font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2], it says there's 13. But, for example, if I go to your profile, you've got several hundred. I'm aware that I don't post that much lately, but...wait, nevermind. If you search via user posts it seems to only register for a year's worth of posting, i.e. until June 10 last year. Since I haven't been that active there's only 13 posts (kinda shameful, really). But if you search via author post in the search function and set the year to a longer range, you can access them all. Okay, it's figured out. *nods* [/size][/font] [font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2] [/size][/font] [font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2]But awesome job on the changeover, James. I know I'm two weeks late but it looks amazing! [/size][/font]
Petie Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 [quote name='Lady Asphyxia' date='10 June 2010 - 05:42 AM' timestamp='1276162954' post='695007'] [size="2"][font="Arial"]Also....can I have my star back, pls? I feel so naked without it. [/font][/size] [/quote] [color="#0000FF"]I'll be taking care of that and all other titles that once had HTML in them in the near future (probably tonight). Don't worry [/color]
Cat Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 I really don't know how to explain this little weird discovery but it seems the post count when making a post are different then post counts in peoples profile. [url="http://img291.imageshack.us/i/postcount1.jpg/"]Example 1[/url] [url="http://img819.imageshack.us/i/postcount2.jpg/"]Example 2[/url] Mine might not be the best example but some people are off by 30 or so post. I also don't know if this will interfere with anything involving the boards. Just wanted to put it out there.
Desbreko Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 [color=#4B0082]Yeah, I've also noticed that post counts in the postbit and the profile tend to differ. I think we might need to have the software rebuild post counts.[/color]
Petie Posted June 11, 2010 Posted June 11, 2010 [quote name='Desbreko' date='10 June 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1276212065' post='695052'] [color="#4B0082"]Yeah, I've also noticed that post counts in the postbit and the profile tend to differ. I think we might need to have the software rebuild post counts.[/color] [/quote] [color="#0000FF"]Nope. I tried rebuilding the post counts after confirming the issue for myself to no avail. Something else is wrong here.[/color]
Desbreko Posted June 11, 2010 Posted June 11, 2010 [color=#4B0082]Maybe it's counting unapproved posts in the profile but not the postbit? From what I've seen, the count in the profile has always been higher than in the postbit.[/color]
Lady Asphyxia Posted June 11, 2010 Posted June 11, 2010 [quote name='Petie' date='11 June 2010 - 07:28 AM' timestamp='1276201737' post='695043'] [color="#0000FF"]I'll be taking care of that and all other titles that once had HTML in them in the near future (probably tonight). Don't worry [/color] [/quote] [font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2]Petie, I love you so much. [/size][/font]
Petie Posted June 11, 2010 Posted June 11, 2010 [color="#0000FF"]That's what I thought too but I haven't gotten around to checking it yet though I just realized doing so would be fairly simple so I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.[/color] [color="#0000FF"][b]Edit:[/b][/color] [color="#0000FF"]Well, that doesn't seem to be it, or at least not for new unapproved posts. It may just take a little time to update but the way the soft-deleted posts transferred over could have caused them to be treated differently.[/color]
Magus Posted June 14, 2010 Posted June 14, 2010 (edited) An every once in a blue moon type of thing... (everyday just once a day) I don't know if other people have encountered it either, but sometimes when viewing threads I'd notice little post mergers or something where a member would post a message, and the next poster's message would overlap the previous poster's message. (Well not their message but it comes pretty close to it, but their signature would get swallowed up big time though) It's not a big deal since it goes away if I refresh the page or whatnot, and I figured it was just me having computer issues. Edit: Everytime I try to change my avatar it goes back to the same one that I'm trying to get rid of. O_o Edit2: Ohhh, so now we have to use the 2nd option for avatars... Can't use the browse from computer option...? Edited June 14, 2010 by Magus
Petie Posted June 14, 2010 Posted June 14, 2010 [quote name='Magus' date='13 June 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1276478302' post='695234'] An every once in a blue moon type of thing... (everyday just once a day) I don't know if other people have encountered it either, but sometimes when viewing threads I'd notice little post mergers or something where a member would post a message, and the next poster's message would overlap the previous poster's message. (Well not their message but it comes pretty close to it, but their signature would get swallowed up big time though) It's not a big deal since it goes away if I refresh the page or whatnot, and I figured it was just me having computer issues. Edit: Everytime I try to change my avatar it goes back to the same one that I'm trying to get rid of. O_o Edit2: Ohhh, so now we have to use the 2nd option for avatars... Can't use the browse from computer option...? [/quote] [color="#0000FF"]I haven't seen your first issue so I can't comment right now but as for the second, browse from computer works (I'm using it now). If the new avatar doesn't show up for you once it's uploaded, force reload the page and you should see it. Force reloading varies by OS and browser but can generally be accomplished with CTRL + F5 on a PC and Command + F5 on a Mac.[/color]
Magus Posted June 14, 2010 Posted June 14, 2010 Yeah, must be my computer then. But it's only been for this message board. Now instead of overlapping a post, it gives me this wide space after someone has posted... Like I said, it's nothing major. Randomness at most. It really hasn't caused any problems.
Allamorph Posted June 14, 2010 Posted June 14, 2010 [FONT=Calibri]Every now and again, clicking the "latest post" balloon on the right will not take me to the latest post but will plop me on the first page of the thread. It's not consistent, so I'm not sure how to replicate it. Incidentally, is there a way to get back the "latest unread post" option. Hunting backwards through the new posts isn't technically difficult or strenuous, but it does take up a good bit of time.[/FONT]
CaNz Posted June 14, 2010 Posted June 14, 2010 :angel::drunk::help::blah: all the old gif emoticons are not working for me...
James Posted June 14, 2010 Author Posted June 14, 2010 [quote name='CaNz' date='15 June 2010 - 09:07 AM' timestamp='1276553251' post='695291'] :angel::drunk::help::blah: all the old gif emoticons are not working for me... [/quote] [font="Palatino Linotype"]That's because they are no longer on the system. What I'm a bit concerned about is the way the text in your post stretches off over the site's borders. That's a little strange.[/font]
Desbreko Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [color=#4B0082]It's because it's one long string of characters with no spaces, so line breaks don't get inserted. It's the same issue we used to have on vB with content overflowing and stretching the layout. It just doesn't happen as often or in quite the same way on this layout.[/color]
Allamorph Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [FONT=Calibri]Speaking of smilies, my old () face is now ruined by some horrid-looking yellow ping-pong ball in the middle of it. Is there a way we can disable auto-conversion of text to smilies for individual posts? Or is that something that is applied to the entire user-view of the site? If it's the latter then nevermind, I can cope.[/FONT]
Desbreko Posted June 15, 2010 Posted June 15, 2010 [color=#4B0082]On the new reply page, you can disable emoticons in the post under the expandable "configure post options" section just above the Add Reply and Preview Post buttons. Of course, when we get a new set of smilies added, we probably won't use ^_^ as a replacement, so they'll go back to normal.[/color]
Allamorph Posted June 28, 2010 Posted June 28, 2010 [font="Calibri"]Another 'question' instead of an actual 'problem': is the custom title field gone for good now? [b]Edit: [/b]Actual bug issue: the "Around the Network" menu at the top of the screenâ??which, by the way, was a great ideaâ??is not letting me navigate to TheOtaku when I select TheOtaku from the list. [/font]
James Posted June 28, 2010 Author Posted June 28, 2010 [font="Palatino Linotype"]We are actually still working on that Around the Network nav item - it should be completed soon. I forgot that we have it on a live skin and not a test one. Good spotting.[/font]
Allamorph Posted June 28, 2010 Posted June 28, 2010 [FONT=Calibri]Well, knowing it's still in test phase makes a touch more sense now. But yeah, love the idea.[/FONT]
Petie Posted June 28, 2010 Posted June 28, 2010 [quote name='James' date='28 June 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1277704919' post='696093'] [font="Palatino Linotype"]We are actually still working on that Around the Network nav item - it should be completed soon. I forgot that we have it on a live skin and not a test one. Good spotting.[/font] [/quote] [color="#0000FF"]Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that in advance. Sorry about that. I can't actually see the test skins right now so I did my work on the live version. I'm just waiting for the final list of links that should be included there and I'll have it up and running correctly on all skins.[/color]
Heaven's Cloud Posted July 2, 2010 Posted July 2, 2010 Yo, like the new digs. I have a feeling that the punctuation in my screen name screwed with my account being transferred when the site was updated. My screen name was Heaven's Cloud (damn apostrophe, you always have to spoil a good time). Now I think I am sort of mashed in under the name [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/user/395-clouds-heaven/"]Clouds Heaven[/url][/] and have inherited a goatee and now live in British Columbia...on the bright side I am now only 21, so legally consuming alcohol in the US in still a new and shiny feeling. I'd sign in and change the information but my old password isn't jiving and I have no clue what ancient email address is connected to my old account. Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way to salvage the old profile? I know I don't visit very often, but I have my nostalgic moments when I like to come back. look around and post.
James Posted July 2, 2010 Author Posted July 2, 2010 [quote name='Charlie' date='02 July 2010 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1278033412' post='696290'] Yo, like the new digs. I have a feeling that the punctuation in my screen name screwed with my account being transferred when the site was updated. My screen name was Heaven's Cloud (damn apostrophe, you always have to spoil a good time). Now I think I am sort of mashed in under the name [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/user/395-clouds-heaven/"]Clouds Heaven[/url][/] and have inherited a goatee and now live in British Columbia...on the bright side I am now only 21, so legally consuming alcohol in the US in still a new and shiny feeling. I'd sign in and change the information but my old password isn't jiving and I have no clue what ancient email address is connected to my old account. Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way to salvage the old profile? I know I don't visit very often, but I have my nostalgic moments when I like to come back. look around and post. [/quote] [font=palatino linotype]Hey, good to see you back again! I will sort out your account. I'll either email you with further info or I will PM you here on OB (to your username [b]Charlie[/b]).[/font]
Desbreko Posted July 6, 2010 Posted July 6, 2010 [color=#4B0082]Apparently quick reply never got enabled in sub-forums. I just fixed it.[/color]
CaNz Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 this is so unimportant that i doubt its even worth fixing, however i have become more conscious of my profile views as of late, (no particular podcast had anything to do with that!) and realized that I have been stuck at the number 3118 for about two weeks. go ahead and check it. if it is anything other than that number i am wrong. anyways, i think this might not be effecting just me. I tried my sisters profile and the same thing was happening, so if that's true you may want to fix it, or remove profile views altogether.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now