XeEmO Posted June 1, 2010 Posted June 1, 2010 (edited) Not sure when this was done last, but regardless I'm interested in seeing what everyone's computer desktop looks like. Feel free to show your actual desk as well. To make things interesting why not also talk a bit about your setup. I'll start: This is my Desktop which is currently running the latest version of Ubuntu Linux. My wallpaper is something from www.theotaku.com . I chose Linux as my operating system because Windows is less secure for a variety of reasons. I dual boot with Windows and Linux on both my desktop computer and my netbook. [attachment=14691:Screenshot.png] Edited June 1, 2010 by XeEmO
DeathKnight Posted June 1, 2010 Posted June 1, 2010 [color=crimson]I'm rockin' the hammer and sickle on my laptop.[/color]
XeEmO Posted June 1, 2010 Author Posted June 1, 2010 [quote name='DeathKnight' date='01 June 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1275436062' post='694155'] [color=crimson]I'm rockin' the hammer and sickle on my laptop.[/color] [/quote] nice! is that cpu monitor built into windows 7?
Raiha Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [color="#9932CC"][font="Times New Roman"]Gotta say, I can only surmise that us posting our desktops will for the most part, prove that most of us are filthy perverts. .....I include myself here.[/font][/color]
DeathKnight Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [quote name='XeEmO' date='01 June 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1275436745' post='694157'] nice! is that cpu monitor built into windows 7? [/quote] [color=crimson]I found it via the [url=http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/personalize]gadget database[/url] for Windows 7 provided by Microsoft.[/color]
Gavin Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Why not. Gonna have to snag that CPU monitor myself.[/size][/font]
Katana Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [quote name='Raiha' date='01 June 2010 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1275440731' post='694170'] [color="#9932CC"][font="Times New Roman"]Gotta say, I can only surmise that us posting our desktops will for the most part, prove that most of us are filthy perverts. .....I include myself here.[/font][/color] [/quote] [color=royalblue][size=1]We live in perverted times, my friend. You could [i]make[/i] my desktop perverted, just gotta imagine a story with it. :D[/size][/color]
Magus Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Raiha' date='01 June 2010 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1275440731' post='694170'] [color="#9932CC"][font="Times New Roman"]Gotta say, I can only surmise that us posting our desktops will for the most part, prove that most of us are filthy perverts. .....I include myself here.[/font][/color] [/quote] Don't lump me with you perves... Your desktop is errr.... nevermind Since I can't remember how to post the desktop itself, I'll just attach the pic I'm using. ....And that didn't work... Hmm... There we go Edited June 2, 2010 by Rebellion
Japan Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 I use Windows Vista but I installed Rocketdock (As seen below) because I really like the dock feature from Macs. Wallpaper is Nia from Gurren Lagann. [attachment=14699:japanwallpaper.jpg]
Red Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 (edited) Windows 7 'ere. Love Aero and things like the ickle gadget I'm using (which is called system control), but hate that customisation only goes so far when there's huge potential for tweaking shenanigans. Edited June 2, 2010 by Red
Claire Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd177/nilsnectar/desktop0610.jpg[/IMG] Wallpaper by Kevin/Goodbye, Face.
Katana Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Lady Shy' date='02 June 2010 - 04:34 AM' timestamp='1275471244' post='694252'] So, what? You decided to take away even the last bit of Art Studio activity by making a Desktop thread in the lounge while they've been in the Art Studio for years? Pfft. [/quote] [size=1][color=royalblue]Better start using that mod power of yours to get something going. On a different note, I am amused/impressed/something at how many people are using Windows 7, mainly because I tend to fall in the gambit of "takes forever to upgrade to a new operating system". (It's a VERY special thing that I have Windows 7 when it is so "new".) :B[/color][/size] Edited June 2, 2010 by Katana
Magus Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [quote name='Katana' date='02 June 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1275502659' post='694290'] [size=1][color=royalblue]Better start using that mod power of yours to get something going. On a different note, I am amused/impressed/something at how many people are using Windows 7, mainly because I tend to fall in the gambit of "takes forever to upgrade to a new operating system". (It's a VERY special thing that I have Windows 7 when it is so "new".) :B[/color][/size] [/quote] You're not the only one. I'm still using Windows Vista (hating every minute of it too)
Horendithas Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [quote name='Lady Shy' date='02 June 2010 - 03:34 AM' timestamp='1275471244' post='694252'] So, what? You decided to take away even the last bit of Art Studio activity by making a Desktop thread in the lounge while they've been in the Art Studio for years? Pfft. [i]Still [/i]using Vista? I'm on XP here. Also, I don't have enough powers to move this over. :^D [/quote] [color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]I have the power so... moved. [/font][/color]
Invader Chelsea Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 Found this at MiniTokyo[attachment=14718:Desktop.png]
Ellerby Posted June 9, 2010 Posted June 9, 2010 (edited) [color="#808080"][font="Tahoma"]Must have mudkip. @_@[/font][/color] Edited June 9, 2010 by White
Cat Posted June 9, 2010 Posted June 9, 2010 (edited) I'm going to post all three of the computers in one post. (Technically we have 5 or 6 computers right now) They all are using Windows XP. As my dad puts it if the government airports are still using XP then its good enough for us. All the wallpapers can be found on theOtaku. Desktop (only one of the actually screen shot cause I'm lazy) [url="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/desktop.jpg"]My link[/url] It was design for me by my friend greenLeAf863theOtaku. My Laptop [url="http://www.theotaku.com/wallpapers/view/192973/gambit"]My link[/url] This one was design by myself and won Favourite Cartoon!!!! challenge. I think the black and white cards in the background are bit busy myself. My Netbook [url="http://www.theotaku.com/wallpapers/view/161168/vampire"]My link[/url] Created by Licrel on theOtaku. Edited June 9, 2010 by Cat
moonsailor Posted June 25, 2010 Posted June 25, 2010 Tadah! It's Kida from Drrr! Wallpaper made by ys16 at Minitokyo.
Katie! Posted July 11, 2010 Posted July 11, 2010 [URL=http://img175.imageshack.us/i/picture1kxq.png/][IMG]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2416/picture1kxq.th.png[/IMG][/URL] love this wallpaper.
Heaven's Cloud Posted July 21, 2010 Posted July 21, 2010 [color=indigo]I have a little Spidey action rocking my desktop right now.[/color] [attachment=14811:Screenshot.jpg]
Burori Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 My desktop normally gets changed into the current game I have nerdgasms over. Currently it is this:
Humaru Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Here's my desktop for right now....it changes almost every week but I decided to go old school this time. [attachment=14814:SDC10846.JPG]
Nony Posted July 25, 2010 Posted July 25, 2010 [quote name='Citric' date='11 July 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1278874468' post='697114'] [URL=http://img175.imageshack.us/i/picture1kxq.png/][IMG]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2416/picture1kxq.th.png[/IMG][/URL] love this wallpaper. [/quote] Oh em gee, I love all the little Wind Waker peeps you have on your taskbar (I'm not sure if that's the right word for it, but I'm gonna call it that anyway). Well, this be my desktop. The picture was actually taken on July 3rd, but -- minus the window tabs at the bottom and the time -- it hasn't changed since then. [URL=http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss270/Iuliathe3rd/?action=view¤t=currentdesktop_07032010.png][IMG]http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss270/Iuliathe3rd/th_currentdesktop_07032010.png[/IMG][/URL]
Katie! Posted July 25, 2010 Posted July 25, 2010 [quote name='Miss Anonymous' date='25 July 2010 - 05:14 AM' timestamp='1280049259' post='697856'] Oh em gee, I love all the little Wind Waker peeps you have on your taskbar (I'm not sure if that's the right word for it, but I'm gonna call it that anyway). [/quote] Haha, I was waiting for someone to notice them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now