OtakuBoards

The Unseen Underground

Ellerby

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='PseudoWhim' date='21 July 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1279733489' post='697611']
lol, we'll get it all worked out, I'm sure!

EDIT: That works fine for me! ^_^
[/quote]
glad thats all worked out.. it was all falling apart for a second.
ever noticed how you can read a post a hundred times and find something else you want to edit each time?

[b]Is it safe to post now? Also, what kind of car does Zach drive? Or should Trin have her own set of wheels?

Oh and I would like a ferret for a psychic pet if that is okay. How will they work by the way? If it's not a spoiler for later on. Do they talk? Do they disappear until we summon them again? Stuff like that.[/b]

well... i am not sure about how white wants to do the pet thing... (i know i started the idea, but i just wanted a normal pet so this stuff is new to me) but i am sure that you can post with the rest of us!

[quote name='CaNz' date='24 July 2010 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1279999846' post='697780']
are we looking at the same animal? those guys don't strike me as cu
now... Lynx kittens! adorable lil' tiger kittys ^~^
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]OMFG HOW CAN YOU EVEN SAY THAT. Yes kitties are cute, like any kitty at all, but slow loris' are unique and sooo cute and they kind of remind me of sloths and I love sloths... I can't even handle them, I love them so much.[/font]

[quote name='CaNz' date='24 July 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1280003398' post='697787']
i can see how they can be found cute...but thoes eyes just kinda look odd to me... they are nice and fuzzy though...
[/quote]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9f-6jygRJk[/media]

[quote name='CaNz' date='24 July 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1280003814' post='697790']
eeeh... i could post a thousand tickling kitty videos...
they are cute... but i just like other animals more!
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]hahaha yeahhh I know. I seriously just love any fluffy animals but slow lorises and fennec foxes hold a special place in my heart for whatever reason.

DERAILED THREAD IS DERAILED WHAT ANIMALS DO OTHER PEOPLE WANT?

also yay let's keep it going, post post post :3[/font]

I'm a little slow to reply on the board as I'm still getting use to the "everyone controls everyone elses' characters"... thing, which isn't how I use to play. But, I'm still here, just... observing a bit so I don't mess things up. ^_^

As for psychic pets... Blu would likely have some type of small bird. A sparrow, perhaps, or, even better... a sparrowhawk, which is a small bird of prey (Also sometimes called a sparrow hawk)!
[img]http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00630/images/sparrowhawk_2.jpg[/img]

Sparrow Hawk ^

Or maybe a kestrel. Who knows. Blu seems like a bird girl to me. Edited by PseudoWhim

[quote name='PseudoWhim' date='24 July 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1280025136' post='697828']
I'm a little slow to reply on the board as I'm still getting use to the "everyone controls everyone elses' characters"... thing, which isn't how I use to play. But, I'm still here, just... observing a bit so I don't mess things up. ^_^
[/quote][color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]
Yeah I know that's not really the norm for roleplaying but it's how my friends and I did it when we were kids and I find it more enjoyable. We're collaboratively writing a story about characters we've created separately as opposed to being limited to your own character and having to write an entire post of your character doing basically nothing. It ends up being a lot of thinking and no action and that bores me. I feel like this way all you guys get as much creative freedom as you need to mold the story with me.

That being said I've got a lot of questions pertaining to specifics like what car does my character drive, how the blood circles work, etc. Honestly, use your own discretion. If someone makes Zach own a van, I don't really care, just give good reasoning for it (like he's got all this tech equipment or drives other members places a lot). Not everyone wants their characters to be [i]that[/i] flexible but that's how I want you guys to continue this story. If you're apprehensive about throwing something new in there, just do it and we'll see how it goes instead of not posting at all. ^__^

Those of you in the active group, you're doing great and you guys can keep going. Don't feel like you have to wait for us. I actually split the group in two because I figured more than a few people would be inactive from the start and I didn't want it to hinder everyone else's experience. That being said [b]Knuckles' Girl[/b], [b]Vongola[/b], and [b]Lilt[/b] (though I think she's about ready to post) all have yet to post. I'm going to give them around 7 days, send a final warning and if they still don't reply I'll be killing off their characters. I don't have much patience for inactivity these days and I want this RP to go smoothly (and if worst comes to worst and someone couldn't post in that week but still wants to participate we can write them back in).

Here's what I've got for pets:

[b]Inuyasha Fandom (twins) [/b]- None (which is totally fine, I'd rather only have a [i]few [/i]pets in a big group like this)
[b]CaNz (Ally)[/b] - Kitten?
[b]Lilt (Trin) [/b]- Ferret (good choice, so keeeuute :biggrin: )
[b]PseudoWhim (Blu)[/b] - Sparrow Hawk
[b]Anom-nom (Eun Jung)[/b] - A slow loris, lawl

So the way I was thinking of doing the whole psychic pet thing was just having one spirit that has split himself into all of our animals, so when the pets are close to each other, they just talk as one person (telepathically of course) and when they are split up they're able to think and behave separately. ...but I'm starting to think that's too confusing. How would you guys feel if we just had separate spirits in the pets so each one IS different? I'll explain it better in the RP (I've got quite the idea set up to introduce them) but let me know what you think. Keep up the great posts and feedback guys! :suave: [/font][/color]

[quote name='White' date='24 July 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1280027938' post='697834']
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]
Yeah I know that's not really the norm for roleplaying but it's how my friends and I did it when we were kids and I find it more enjoyable. We're collaboratively writing a story about characters we've created separately as opposed to being limited to your own character and having to write an entire post of your character doing basically nothing. It ends up being a lot of thinking and no action and that bores me. I feel like this way all you guys get as much creative freedom as you need to mold the story with me.

[b]Inuyasha Fandom (twins) [/b]- None (which is totally fine, I'd rather only have a [i]few [/i]pets in a big group like this)

So the way I was thinking of doing the whole psychic pet thing was just having one spirit that has split himself into all of our animals, so when the pets are close to each other, they just talk as one person (telepathically of course) and when they are split up they're able to think and behave separately. ...but I'm starting to think that's too confusing. How would you guys feel if we just had separate spirits in the pets so each one IS different? I'll explain it better in the RP (I've got quite the idea set up to introduce them) but let me know what you think. Keep up the great posts and feedback guys! :suave: [/font][/color]
[/quote]

Thanks for the support, White. ^^ I'll slowly gather up more courage, and I do understand the reasoning behind this style of roleplay, I'm just slowly getting my sea-legs, so to speak. Or... ghost-legs? *cough*

As for the psychic pet thing, either way works for me. If it IS an individual spirit per animal, though, I've got an idea for whose spirit may have taken up residence in Blu's animal, to guide and support her....

[quote name='PseudoWhim' date='24 July 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1280028240' post='697838']
Thanks for the support, White. ^^ I'll slowly gather up more courage, and I do understand the reasoning behind this style of roleplay, I'm just slowly getting my sea-legs, so

As for the psychic pet thing, either way works for me. If it IS an individual spirit per animal, though, I've got an idea for whose spirit may have taken up residence in Blu's animal, to guide and support her....
[/quote][color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]
Yeah, I just don't want you to think that's how everyone on OtakuBoards roleplays, because that's not really the case. And I'm not sure if this is what you meant but I didn't even consider the idea of the spirit being someone well-known (Einstein come back in the body of a Kitten? :P) so kudos there. Once we've got everything figured out I'll make a small pet sign-up sheet for everyone to fill out that will contain all the vital information we need.

Also I just read those last few posts, awesome stuff guys that's exactly the kind of thing I want to see. I got excited just reading it. ^_^[/font][/color] Edited by White

[quote name='White' date='24 July 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1280028588' post='697840']
Yeah, I just don't want you to think that's how everyone on OtakuBoards roleplays, because that's not really the case. And I'm not sure if this is what you meant but I didn't even consider the idea of the spirit being someone well-known (Einstein come back in the body of a Kitten? :P) so kudos there. Once we've got everything figured out I'll make a small pet sign-up sheet for everyone to fill out that will contain all the vital information we need.

Also I just read those last few posts, awesome stuff guys that's exactly the kind of thing I want to see. I got excited just reading it. ^_^[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Oooh. I was thinking... sort of along those lines? Like someone from the person's family line, or a mentor - that could easily go for someone they admired (a well-known famous/inspirational figure). Sounds like we've got lots of options to make the most of the animals.

And... I'm gonna post tonight. I will! I shall!!

i am looking forward to it! doing something like writing for other peoples characters seems really odd at first... but when we get a better feel for the other peoples characters it normally flows pretty nicely. I very much agree with White that if we didn't use each-others characters the action in the rp would plummet... so i am really happy we get to do it this way.

as for pets... i would not mind doing your cat possession idea from the first unseen (i really liked that character) since i don't really need my cat to be spiritual. i just wanted a kitten as a pet, so if a ghost happens to posses it once and a while i am all for it.

also... i had a question on how we were "fighting" ghosts... because i'm reading about enchanted guns... which doesn't really bother me... i would just like to know more about it since i have just been sticking to traditional ghost weaknesses...

The enchanted guns part might be very well my fault. I wasn't envisioning the guns themselves as magical, but rather the ammo. Lucas and Ayeika are extremely paranoid (especially with the fire incident in their past) about being unprepared. They ALWAYS have way too much in store for what they perceive as enemies, so it's kind of ridiculous as to what they actually DO have prepared for various situations. (imagine they having a completely random rubber chicken to combat the ghost of a clown)

The twins are prepared, but not for everything, as much as they would like to think they are.

White, if there's something that you want to happen that you DON'T want the twin's ready for, then please let me know and I will be sure to come up with something no matter how ridicoulous the reason that they aren't prepared for it. If you want to tell me the reason they aren't prepared, then by all means do so, because this is after all your story.

Anyway, continuing on......

I took the liberty (and coinciding with the twin's backstory) of they having the transportation issue solved, at least from major cities within the contiental USA, Europe, Japan, and Zach's apartment. From what I undertood, PIT had to have had monetary backing from somwhere, so I just fulfilled that. The twins have an almost infinite amount of money backing them, though even their connections can't insure everything goes well.

*burps loudly*

Classy classy twins.......

[quote name='White' date='25 July 2010 - 05:18 AM' timestamp='1280027938' post='697834']
That being said I've got a lot of questions pertaining to specifics like what car does my character drive, how the blood circles work, etc. Honestly, use your own discretion. If someone makes Zach own a van, I don't really care, just give good reasoning for it (like he's got all this tech equipment or drives other members places a lot). Not everyone wants their characters to be [i]that[/i] flexible but that's how I want you guys to continue this story. If you're apprehensive about throwing something new in there, just do it and we'll see how it goes instead of not posting at all. ^__^

Those of you in the active group, you're doing great and you guys can keep going. Don't feel like you have to wait for us. I actually split the group in two because I figured more than a few people would be inactive from the start and I didn't want it to hinder everyone else's experience. That being said [b]Knuckles' Girl[/b], [b]Vongola[/b], and [b]Lilt[/b] (though I think she's about ready to post) all have yet to post. I'm going to give them around 7 days, send a final warning and if they still don't reply I'll be killing off their characters. I don't have much patience for inactivity these days and I want this RP to go smoothly (and if worst comes to worst and someone couldn't post in that week but still wants to participate we can write them back in).

[/quote]

[b]I think seperate spirits in the pets would be better. That way we don't have to worry about misportraying the personality of that one spirit.

And White, I'm just going to give my character her own vehicle.

Also sorry about the delay in posting. Weekends are never good for me, also my compy got fixed just recently. I should have a post up tomorrow if not sooner.[/b] Edited by Lilt

well... i took a few more liberties with this last giant post (i swear its mostly dialogue x_x) but i hope you dont mind Vongola and Anomaly in particular.
(i actually really liked my old character... so i thought i would have a guest appearance.