OtakuBoards

The Mansion: Backstage

Shy

[quote name='Gavin' date='23 August 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1282584848' post='699765']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Actually I'm kinda curious about this myself, to what extent are we to let on exactly what happened on the night in question Josh ? Will the perpetrator be revealed etc ?[/size][/font]
[/quote]
We'll be touching on that more in the next round, but I'm grateful Sandy is giving us a bit of a tease for what's to come.

There are still TWO Death Cards in play. I wonder who will make it through to the next round....

- Shy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shy' date='23 August 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1282587686' post='699766']
We'll be touching on that more in the next round, but I'm grateful Sandy is giving us a bit of a tease for what's to come.

There are still TWO Death Cards in play. I wonder who will make it through to the next round....

- Shy
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Three isn't it Josh ? Nathan, Excel and CaNz ?[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='24 August 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1282675801' post='699801']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Three isn't it Josh ? Nathan, Excel and CaNz ?[/size][/font]
[/quote]
No, there are only six Death Cards in play this round. Every player has received at least one card, but not every player has received a Death Card. We are waiting on two players to use their Death Cards.

- Shy

[quote name='Shy' date='24 August 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1282677177' post='699802']
No, there are only six Death Cards in play this round. Every player has received at least one card, but not every player has received a Death Card. We are waiting on two players to use their Death Cards.

- Shy
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Ahhh my bad, thought everyone got a Death Card every round.[/size][/font]

...and so another round comes to an end, and two players are out of the game! Thank you [b]Sandy[/b] and [b]Excel Excel[/b] for your participation. We'll be hearing from you soon!

[b]Edit:[/b] Congrats to [b]Heaven's Cloud, Anomaly (Current User Name: "White") and Nathan[/b] for receiving Bonus Cards this round. Those cards were awarded to players who wrote posts which featured characters running away from one another. I will only be handing out a single Bonus Card this round.

If multiple characters complete the secret objective it will be given out at random. It's a doozy, too.

This round has [b]12[/b] cards, [b]7[/b] of which are Death Cards. Given the power of the cards in play it's very unlikely that things will end this round, but certainly a clever group of players could make that happen. A word of warning: You WILL want to play those Death Cards as quickly as possible. Trust me on this.

Apologies for the brief post, but I will be posting throughout this round in flashback.

[b]Double Edit:[/b] Nobody has played any Life Cards yet, but I'd like to explain something about their use in this game: If you have no remaining characters and have a Life Card you are required to play that Life Card before using any other card. BUT if you don't have a Life Card and your characters are all dead then feel free to use your remaining cards before the round is over.

-Shy

well... on a side note since the haste card was played (effectively giving a person two death-cards in one turn if they post first! crazy/awesome) unless some life cards are played the person with Daniel Mathis alive at the end should win this round. considering there is only 5 characters left and 6 deathcards... there has to be two life-cards or this turn cannot end. i am pretty sure Shy planned for that... but i just think its funny how it turned out.not to say the game is over.. if there is three lifecards two characters will remain.. (as long as there are no more killing cards like FATE or whatever that might still work on the protected character... if that one comes into play all the characters could die!)

i forcast a lot of deathcards now from the people whos characters are still alive. with only 7 characters its not unfair to assume almost everyone only has only one character (i am only unsure about the owner of Belle because of the way the card effect was written. and shy still appears to be out of the game even though he played the card. it may be possible that he gave the character card to someone and remained out of the game... in which case one person had two characters.... but who knows... maybe he has it under his control and is just keeping it there as a dummy character again, and he crossed his name off because he was out already once.)

for the people who have life-cards i assume anone who can play a death card will do that first and save them till as long as possible, since so long as you don't post you don't have to play the card... and as long as you post before the round is over you can potentially wait till all the killing is done then post your life-card when there is the best chance of survival (right at the end.... i did that with my creation thing last time though it didn't really help since it got killed first turn this round! and if not surly only one more round could be scrounged up.) though i do like that Shy made it so you must play the life-card before the other cards.. if that role wasnt in place i am sure everyone would die before a life-card comes into play(i am sure it will still be a while... but eventually someone is gonna have to play one now.) This game is a lot of fun... and it does have some strategy in it.

Thanks, CaNz! I look forward to your post. Right now every single card can severely change the outcome of the game, so I'm interested in seeing who posts next and what actions they take.

By my count there are still five Death Cards in play (the Haste Card does not count) and four characters remaining. There are still plenty of other cards out there, though. Anything can and WILL happen.

- Shy

[font="Arial"]Just a little something for the story surrounding the spirits. I thought it might be nice to include a little more of that this time around. Especially since Angel is convinced that The Gravedigger is totally up to no good. :P[/font]

honestly i think its stratigicly better to wait, but i will post in the next twelve hours... i have some free time when i wake up... and if i still cant sleep i may even start now... who knows... but i i think if i kill someone, it will ruin their chances(unless they have a life card) they will post to kill the next person (who may post if he has a life card.) untill it gets down to the two people with life cards, (saying there is only two, which would end the game, but their could be more. which i believe is a good chance since their are more bonus cards to be accounted for)

people with life cards cannot hope to win if they play their death cards first (unless they have two characters... but that is unlikely) so stalling is unavoidable, the round wont end until all deathcards are played, so if you have a life card and a death card, you will have your character alive, then kill the last person in the round. probably making you the winner. but if you have a life card and you play the death card, the round could possibly end before you play the life card (or more likely, the game wont end until you bring back the character for the last person to kill. because i am sure the number of people meant to die this round will be exactly the number necessary to end it. )

anyways my strategy time is over so i will post soon... but if anyone else wants to go before me feel free.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]While waiting is probably a good strategy CaNz, it doesn't really work if everyone waits and nobody posts. Given we have more Death Cards than characters at this point everyone is going to lose their characters, so it's really down to what happens afterwards but before the round ends.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='07 September 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1283871561' post='700306']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]While waiting is probably a good strategy CaNz, it doesn't really work if everyone waits and nobody posts. Given we have more Death Cards than characters at this point everyone is going to lose their characters, so it's really down to what happens afterwards but before the round ends.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

[color=indigo]I just haven't posted because I haven't had the chance. I plan on posting either today or tomorrow as well. To be honest, I have absolutely no strategy in this game, every thing I have done has been entirely random :wacko: [/color]

[quote name='Gavin' date='07 September 2010 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1283871561' post='700306']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]While waiting is probably a good strategy CaNz, it doesn't really work if everyone waits and nobody posts. Given we have more Death Cards than characters at this point everyone is going to lose their characters, so it's really down to what happens afterwords but before the round ends.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
I agree with you, really the only people who are negatively effected by posting early are the people with Life cards, unless there are some mytery cards out there that i dont know about, and if Shy Planed for this, he may not have given the people with Life cards Death Cards, and gave multiple death cards to people to make it seem like everyone got one. i dont think thats the case but i cant rule it out.

and I dont think their is anything wrong with playing a game like this without strategy Hc. its usually the people who think that having the best strategy that have the least fun when they lose and get all whiny (i know cause i was like that at one point) games like this are fun because the outcome is going to be pretty random. you can play the game to the best of your ability but your role in the game is decided by what cards you get and the actions people take, which are almost always picking a random person to kill. Random games are really fun though, so it shouldnt matter who wins at the end. I think the game is fun because of the way it was played.

I realized I didn't write to this topic after I lost my characters, but I'm correcting that now. I wish to see this game taken to the end, and I really hope all of you who're still in the game feel the same way.

It was a fun experiment for me personally to venture back to OB to participate in this game, and I don't regret it. I'm really glad to see The Mansion continue the RPG series I started years ago, and I'm equally glad that new generation of members gets to enjoy this as well.

Don't let the game down, but enjoy the unique experience it offers till the end for me. ;)

*bows out* Edited by Sandy

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Arial"]I also have something to play but since I thought others hadn't posted yet and I've been busy with work I didn't worry about it too much. Once I clarify something with Shy I'll get that post up so we can move on.[/font]

Sorry, I was really just waiting for someone to post some more back story, bring another character back to life, or push the plot forward a bit before I killed a few folks. I was also struggling to figure out what to write since my plot device was killed within one post. Really Anomaly, you couldn't wait a few turns to kill the only character that has a connection to one of these specters? Ah, it isn't your fault, you just killed my plot line and I really am not sure where to take the story from here.

I'll wait for Nathan to post and then I'll kill a person or three. Edited by Heaven's Cloud

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='30 September 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1285900828' post='700826']
Sorry, I was really just waiting for someone to post some more back story, bring another character back to life, or push the plot forward a bit before I killed a few folks. I was also struggling to figure out what to write since my plot device was killed within one post. Really Anomaly, you couldn't wait a few turns to kill the only character that has a connection to one of these specters? Ah, it isn't our fault, you just killed my plot line and I really am not sure where to take the story from here.

I'll wait for Nathan to post and then I'll kill a person or three.
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"]K, yo, but come on I waited for SO long to see if someone else would post after you :C So it wasn't a vendetta but there had been no movement and it was the only thing I could think of, blahhhh.[/font]

[quote name='Anomaly' date='30 September 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1285904808' post='700829']
[font="Garamond"]K, yo, but come on I waited for SO long to see if someone else would post after you :C So it wasn't a vendetta but there had been no movement and it was the only thing I could think of, blahhhh.[/font]
[/quote]

[color=indigo]Oh, it's a vendetta. Actually its on now. I challenge you to a whistle off. Whoever can whistle the best through type wins...

I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm sure I killed more than one character that wasn't ready to die in this RPG.[/color]

i could post some back-story if its for a good cause. :P
but i am spent in the cards department so i cant advance you any further along the game.

also...
whistling through type is easy.
fwiiie fwuuu
fwiiiee fwuuuu
fwiiiuuuiiie fwuuu!