OtakuBoards

The Mansion: Backstage

Shy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='CaNz' date='13 August 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1281726175' post='699348']
so are all the death cards going to be played before the new cards are dealt?
[/quote]
Correct! The round ends once all of the Death Cards have been played. Other cards that may have been dealt out may be saved for later rounds.

People have asked me this a couple of times already, but I thought I would repeat this for the group; You can use your ghost's individual Power Card as often as you'd like, but once you attach it to a specific character it remains in that character's posession until you (and only you) say otherwise.

So, for example, Diana Ross is going to be subject to the Gloom card until Heaven's Cloud says otherwise.

- Shy

Phew, that took a long time to write! Hope you enjoy the little ghost stories inside the ghost story. ;D

And now it looks like it's the younger caucasian men who are getting axed. Soon we'll have only young women and the two black guys in play. ;P

[quote name='Shy' date='13 August 2010 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1281730719' post='699355']
Correct! The round ends once all of the Death Cards have been played. Other cards that may have been dealt out may be saved for later rounds.
[/quote]

so... i guess we are free to post random stuff till the people who have cards use them?
[i][size="1"]could i be correct twice! drum rolls please![/size][/i] Edited by CaNz

[quote name='Sandy' date='13 August 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1281733601' post='699357']
Phew, that took a long time to write! Hope you enjoy the little ghost stories inside the ghost story. ;D

And now it looks like it's the younger caucasian men who are getting axed. Soon we'll have only young women and the two black guys in play. ;P
[/quote]

you know.... that sounds SO dirty.....

Maybe I'm just deprived lol

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Seems we're just left waiting on Anomaly and Nathan then, very curious to see who the last two deaths are going to be and what extra cards might come in to play afterwards.

Josh, quick question, are we allowed have the spirits interact with one another ? For instance the Butler is going to be pretty peeved if the other ghosts start wrecking up the Manor. [/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='14 August 2010 - 05:07 AM' timestamp='1281787641' post='699398']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Seems we're just left waiting on Anomaly and Nathan then, very curious to see who the last two deaths are going to be and what extra cards might come in to play afterwards.

Josh, quick question, are we allowed have the spirits interact with one another ? For instance the Butler is going to be pretty peeved if the other ghosts start wrecking up the Manor. [/size][/font]
[/quote]Yup. That's perfectly fine.

- Shy

[font="Garamond"]I FINISHED SUMMER SCHOOL 20 MINUTES AGO. Very excite and also now I have free time. I will post tomorrow when I arrive back home (I'm at uni right not, heading back to Edmonton for a couple weeks).
Sorry to keep you waiting!

edit: And I've played my card. Sorry, everyone! ^^;[/font] Edited by Anomaly

Great post, Nathan! A perfect way for us to end our round.

As it stands [b]TWO[/b] players have had both of their characters eliminated and since they did not have a Life Card at their disposal they are removed from the game. So let's take a moment to thank both [b]Inuyasha Fandom[/b] and [b]Shy[/b] for their enthusiasm and participation... wait a second here....

Both of my 'dummy' characters were among those eliminated, and as such I am removing my own Power Card, the Poison Card, from play. Also: [b]The Playtime Card and the Twins are out of the game as well, and I'd like to ask that IYF refrain from posting from now on, and that people no longer use the Twins in their posts[/b]. Don't worry, though. You'll all have an opportunity to give the Twins a proper send-off soon, I promise!

Thanks to the unwise decision I made of having an energy drink I'm going to launch the next round right now with a post. IYF had one Power Card in their possession that never saw play, and I'm going to shuffle that back into the rotation for our remaining players. That will give us a total of TEN Power Cards in play this round, SIX of which will be Death Cards. Just like the previous round, this one ends when all of the Death Cards have been used.

Two Bonus Cards were earned, One for Heaven's Cloud and one for Nathan. How did they earn it? [i]Showing significant compassion or mercy between mortal characters in his post[/i]. There will be a new special criteria for earning a Bonus Card this round, and it may not be so pleasant....

- Shy

NOTE: Some players have already received Non-Death cards. Unless my instructions state otherwise, all of those cards are used just like Death Cards and should be included in the body of your post. Each of these special cards are unique, though, so I would appreciate if you included the description of the card in your post as well.

[strike]There has been some confusion in ExcelExcel's latest post. Until the matter can be resolved please refrain from using any of the characters they featured in it. You are welcome to play as normal, though. Hopefully this won't effect the flow of the game too much.[/strike]

All taken care of! Carry on!

The Truth Card has been played, and as such [b]Jacqueline Masey[/b] has been revealed to belong to none other than [b]Heaven's Cloud[/b]. Time will tell how this information ultimately changes the game.

- Shy

First blood for the third round has been drawn, yay! ;D

I interpreted the removal of the Poison Card so that Kevin was healed from the poisoning at the same. Of course the little love story I cooked up couldn't have a happy ending... ;P Edited by Sandy

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][strike]I'll try and get a post together tomorrow, dying of the flu at the moment. :([/strike]

Scratch that, not going to be able to post before Saturday evening at the earliest. Bowled over at work because of the rampant incompetence of others and still not feeling any better from this flu. [/font][/size] Edited by Gavin

Okay, two new cards have been played. The [b]Fate Card[/b] and the [b]Creation Card[/b]!

As the Fate Card says, one of the two characters targeted must be killed with a Death Card (or some similar card) within the next FIVE posts or both characters are killed. My posts do not count towards this, so you still have five posts.

With the Creation Card a new character was introduced into the game, and it belongs to one of you players. The harpy can be targeted by Power Cards and Death Cards just like everyone else, so have fun with it! Belle may be the first new face we've seen in this game, but she certainly won't be the last.

- Shy

[quote name='Shy' date='20 August 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1282334845' post='699659']
Okay, two new cards have been played. The [b]Fate Card[/b] and the [b]Creation Card[/b]!

As the Fate Card says, one of the two characters targeted must be killed with a Death Card (or some similar card) within the next FIVE posts or both characters are killed. My posts do not count towards this, so you still have five posts.

- Shy
[/quote]

[color=indigo]Bummer, I was hoping that I would get to float the effect of the Fate card under the radar for five turns!

I think I need to post again this evening, I'm not terribly happy with my last post. I haven't participated in an RPG in so long I forgot that sometimes it can be hard to coherently keep with with all of the various plots and story lines.

[/color]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]As promised as post delivered, although I must say it required an almost complete rewrite of the draft I had for the second half because of HC's post to bring it back into line with the rest of the story. Hope people enjoy the death, I had actually planned on killing that character originally albeit in a different manner though I think this way is a more enjoyable read. Didn't feel right either that one character would get away unscathed after the whole thing so now both are out of commission for the time being.[/size][/font]

I realized we haven't really touched the subject of what happened in the Rosengard mansion to make it haunted, so I tried to nudge the story into that direction with my post. You're all free to continue from where I left off.

[quote name='Sandy' date='21 August 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1282406876' post='699695']
I realized we haven't really touched the subject of what happened in the Rosengard mansion to make it haunted, so I tried to nudge the story into that direction with my post. You're all free to continue from where I left off.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Actually I'm kinda curious about this myself, to what extent are we to let on exactly what happened on the night in question Josh ? Will the perpetrator be revealed etc ?[/size][/font]