Darks Anthro Posted January 16, 2011 Posted January 16, 2011 Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all your work. Its good to be back on OB!
chibi-master Posted January 20, 2011 Posted January 20, 2011 Hi, I'm having some PrivateMessage problems at the moment. It appears I'm not being allowed to send them! I keep getting a little warning thing that says 'An error has occurred while sending. Please try to send again later." I have no clue what's going on.
Lilt Posted January 20, 2011 Posted January 20, 2011 [b]Is there a delay for your new photo to show up on your profile? Because I just uploaded a new photo for my profile and it's showing up everywhere except on my profile page so far. My old one is still there and I don't know how to remove it. If this isn't a bug but it just has a time delay, ignore this please.[/b]
Boo Posted January 20, 2011 Posted January 20, 2011 Did you try to hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) your profile?
Desbreko Posted January 21, 2011 Posted January 21, 2011 [quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1295508629' post='704050']Hi, I'm having some PrivateMessage problems at the moment. It appears I'm not being allowed to send them! I keep getting a little warning thing that says 'An error has occurred while sending. Please try to send again later." I have no clue what's going on.[/quote] [color=#4B0082]Is it doing this all the time, so that you can't send any messages at all, or only sometimes? I checked the PM permissions in the admin cp and you should be allowed to use PMs.[/color]
chibi-master Posted January 21, 2011 Posted January 21, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Desbreko' timestamp='1295573604' post='704074'] [color=#4B0082]Is it doing this all the time, so that you can't send any messages at all, or only sometimes? I checked the PM permissions in the admin cp and you should be allowed to use PMs.[/color] [/quote] I'm getting messages, but I can't seem to send any. This has been going on for about a week now... By the way, Petie, I got the test PM from you. Can't reply, though... Edited January 21, 2011 by chibi-master
Petie Posted January 21, 2011 Author Posted January 21, 2011 [color="#0000FF"]chibi, this may seem like a sort of ridiculous question but you don't, by chance, somehow have 20,000 PMs saved, do you?[/color]
chibi-master Posted January 21, 2011 Posted January 21, 2011 [quote name='Petie' timestamp='1295627787' post='704096'] [color="#0000FF"]chibi, this may seem like a sort of ridiculous question but you don't, by chance, somehow have 20,000 PMs saved, do you?[/color] [/quote] Close, but not quite. Would that be a problem?
Desbreko Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [color=#4B0082]20,000 is the max number of PMs that members are allowed to save. But if you'd hit the max, you shouldn't be able to receive any more PMs either, except from staff. I guess you could try deleting a few just to make sure that's not an issue.[/color]
Petie Posted January 22, 2011 Author Posted January 22, 2011 [color="#0000FF"]You could also try sending one without having it save a copy in your sent folder. If you still get an error, that isn't the issue (which it shouldn't be regardless, since you're still under the max).[/color]
chibi-master Posted February 3, 2011 Posted February 3, 2011 Hi, I'm back again. It may seem silly or unimportant, but my post counts from my posts and my profile do not match up. For example, this will either be my 2,989th post (post) or my 2,999th post (profile). This is kind of something I would like to be sure of. Any ideas as to what's going on?
Sangome Posted February 3, 2011 Posted February 3, 2011 [color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'm not sure about this, but I think the number of posts that your profile claims you have also includes posts you may have deleted.[/font][/color]
James Posted February 3, 2011 Posted February 3, 2011 [quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1296708507' post='704656'] [color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'm not sure about this, but I think the number of posts that your profile claims you have also includes posts you may have deleted.[/font][/color] [/quote] [font=palatino linotype]That could be the case. As far as I know, when a member deletes their own post, it is only "soft-deleted". Only staff members can completely remove posts. We will be making a few changes to that, but in terms of the actual post count, it could definitely be the case that OB is picking up soft-deleted posts. [/font]
Nerdsy Posted February 12, 2011 Posted February 12, 2011 [color=deeppink]This isn't so much a bug as a suggestion, but I don't feel like wasting a thread on it. Can we make it so non-logged in members can click the "add reply" button or "add thread" button, and have it take them to a sign-in page which then directs them to where they intended to go originally? As it stands now I have to manually click the sign-in link at the top of the page, which then sends me to the main page and I have to hunt for the thread/post I was replying to. Minor annoyance, but I hate it so.[/color]
Desbreko Posted February 12, 2011 Posted February 12, 2011 [color=#4B0082]I really wish I could change that, but I don't think it's possible. It's been annoying me as well ever since we switched to IPB. A work-around, though, is to just use the back button in your browser after logging in and then reloading the thread's page.[/color]
Akieen Cloud Posted February 17, 2011 Posted February 17, 2011 [font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]I'm actually have a huge problem at the moment. When I go to sign into my actual account it won't let me. If I ask for a new password I have to use my e mail because it says my user-name is not in the system. I've requested a new password, inputted it many times and it still refuses to let me into my account. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but it is quite frustrating. I had to create a whole new account just to be able to let everyone know what was going on and that I hadn't bailed on any RPs I was in... Any advice or a way to fix this? It's just so frustrating to the point I'm ready to pull out some hair. Heh [/color][/font]
Desbreko Posted February 18, 2011 Posted February 18, 2011 [color=#4B0082]What's the user name of your actual account? I can't do anything if I don't know what account to look at.[/color]
James Posted February 21, 2011 Posted February 21, 2011 [font="Palatino Linotype"]I've just sorted this out for Knuckles' Girl and I'm awaiting her reply via email or PM. So no worries. :)[/font]
James Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 [quote name='Boo' timestamp='1302112464' post='706281'] I don't like having to manually mark stuff read :( [/quote] [font=palatino linotype]Are you talking about marking forums read or are you talking about the notifications system? I have a major problem with the notifications system, where even when I've read a private message, OB keeps the notification "active" no matter what I do. I have to literally go into my notifications list and delete them all. And when I get a string of messages, my notifications bar on the right gets really huge and won't change no matter how many times I go in and check the notifications. So I'm really wondering if others are having a problem with this too.[/font]
Boo Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 That too. I have to specifically click the link that the note is about. I originally meant the forums though, because I'm used to OB just checking all forums as read within sometime of you logging in, which can sometimes be a poo, but now I'd have to manually mark (sub)boards as read. D:
Desbreko Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 [color=#4B0082]I haven't had that problem with notifications. Once I click the little notification drop-down in the userbar, all notifications change from unread to read the next time I load a page. There is a setting to do read/unread topic marking based on cookies, which I believe would act more like the automatic way we had before under vB. But I'm not sure exactly how it works. If you want to give this a try, James, it's the [i]Enable Topic Marking Tracking[/i] setting under System Settings > Performance > CPU Saving & Optimization. Set it to [i]No[/i] to switch it to cookie-based tracking.[/color]
James Posted April 7, 2011 Posted April 7, 2011 [font="Palatino Linotype"]Thanks Des, I'll play around with that and see if it makes a substantial difference. :)[/font]
Lyndy Posted April 11, 2011 Posted April 11, 2011 [color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Are the notifications that go to your email not working anymore? Because the last one I got was this morning around 10AM, and I should have received a couple other emails about notifications today, but I didn't get anything. I checked my settings and it said I should be receiving them, so yeah.[/font][/size][/color]
Recommended Posts