OtakuBoards

OB Bug Reports

Petie

[b]Is there a delay for your new photo to show up on your profile? Because I just uploaded a new photo for my profile and it's showing up everywhere except on my profile page so far.

My old one is still there and I don't know how to remove it. If this isn't a bug but it just has a time delay, ignore this please.[/b]

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1295508629' post='704050']Hi, I'm having some PrivateMessage problems at the moment. It appears I'm not being allowed to send them! I keep getting a little warning thing that says 'An error has occurred while sending. Please try to send again later." I have no clue what's going on.[/quote]
[color=#4B0082]Is it doing this all the time, so that you can't send any messages at all, or only sometimes? I checked the PM permissions in the admin cp and you should be allowed to use PMs.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko' timestamp='1295573604' post='704074']
[color=#4B0082]Is it doing this all the time, so that you can't send any messages at all, or only sometimes? I checked the PM permissions in the admin cp and you should be allowed to use PMs.[/color]
[/quote]
I'm getting messages, but I can't seem to send any. This has been going on for about a week now...

By the way, Petie, I got the test PM from you. Can't reply, though... Edited by chibi-master

[color=#4B0082]20,000 is the max number of PMs that members are allowed to save. But if you'd hit the max, you shouldn't be able to receive any more PMs either, except from staff.

I guess you could try deleting a few just to make sure that's not an issue.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]You could also try sending one without having it save a copy in your sent folder. If you still get an error, that isn't the issue (which it shouldn't be regardless, since you're still under the max).[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I'm back again. It may seem silly or unimportant, but my post counts from my posts and my profile do not match up. For example, this will either be my 2,989th post (post) or my 2,999th post (profile). This is kind of something I would like to be sure of. Any ideas as to what's going on?

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1296708507' post='704656']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'm not sure about this, but I think the number of posts that your profile claims you have also includes posts you may have deleted.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]That could be the case. As far as I know, when a member deletes their own post, it is only "soft-deleted". Only staff members can completely remove posts.

We will be making a few changes to that, but in terms of the actual post count, it could definitely be the case that OB is picking up soft-deleted posts. [/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=deeppink]This isn't so much a bug as a suggestion, but I don't feel like wasting a thread on it.

Can we make it so non-logged in members can click the "add reply" button or "add thread" button, and have it take them to a sign-in page which then directs them to where they intended to go originally? As it stands now I have to manually click the sign-in link at the top of the page, which then sends me to the main page and I have to hunt for the thread/post I was replying to.

Minor annoyance, but I hate it so.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]I really wish I could change that, but I don't think it's possible. It's been annoying me as well ever since we switched to IPB.

A work-around, though, is to just use the back button in your browser after logging in and then reloading the thread's page.[/color]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]I'm actually have a huge problem at the moment. When I go to sign into my actual account it won't let me. If I ask for a new password I have to use my e mail because it says my user-name is not in the system. I've requested a new password, inputted it many times and it still refuses to let me into my account. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but it is quite frustrating. I had to create a whole new account just to be able to let everyone know what was going on and that I hadn't bailed on any RPs I was in... Any advice or a way to fix this? It's just so frustrating to the point I'm ready to pull out some hair. Heh
[/color][/font]

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Boo' timestamp='1302112464' post='706281']
I don't like having to manually mark stuff read :(
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Are you talking about marking forums read or are you talking about the notifications system?

I have a major problem with the notifications system, where even when I've read a private message, OB keeps the notification "active" no matter what I do. I have to literally go into my notifications list and delete them all. And when I get a string of messages, my notifications bar on the right gets really huge and won't change no matter how many times I go in and check the notifications.

So I'm really wondering if others are having a problem with this too.[/font]

That too. I have to specifically click the link that the note is about.

I originally meant the forums though, because I'm used to OB just checking all forums as read within sometime of you logging in, which can sometimes be a poo, but now I'd have to manually mark (sub)boards as read. D:

[color=#4B0082]I haven't had that problem with notifications. Once I click the little notification drop-down in the userbar, all notifications change from unread to read the next time I load a page.

There is a setting to do read/unread topic marking based on cookies, which I believe would act more like the automatic way we had before under vB. But I'm not sure exactly how it works. If you want to give this a try, James, it's the [i]Enable Topic Marking Tracking[/i] setting under System Settings > Performance > CPU Saving & Optimization. Set it to [i]No[/i] to switch it to cookie-based tracking.[/color]

[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Are the notifications that go to your email not working anymore? Because the last one I got was this morning around 10AM, and I should have received a couple other emails about notifications today, but I didn't get anything. I checked my settings and it said I should be receiving them, so yeah.[/font][/size][/color]