OtakuBoards

Pet Peeves

Ducky

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=deeppink]Youtube notifying me of old content from my subscriptions. I know the muppets channel was updated a month ago, I saw it then. Stop telling me.

And while I'm on the subject of internet, I hate it when a page won't scroll down until it loads. Or, even worse, when it [i]constantly shoots me up to the top of the page[/i] everytime a new widget finishes loading or whatever the hell is making it do that.[/color] Edited by Nerdsy

[quote name='Jeje' timestamp='1298133284' post='705113']
[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]That would work only if I [i]had[/i] a dryer. And besides they would have to be washed again since they were left in there for so long. [i]And[/i] there was no other place to put the clothes, too.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
THen I retract my statement, I'd just set it on top or whereever. My bad.

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1298135572' post='705114']
You could stop being lazy and do what I do. Use a better vocabulary that does not consist of swear words so that the censors aren't usually a problem. There are some good times for swearing, but the internet is not just for adults and you have to be considerate of others.
[/quote]
I'm not being lazy and even on uncensored sites I don't use that much profanity unless I want to. I'd like the option to use it.

[quote name='Nerdsy' timestamp='1298583107' post='705232']
[color=deeppink]Youtube notifying me of old content from my subscriptions. I know the muppets channel was updated a month ago, I saw it then. Stop telling me.

And while I'm on the subject of internet, I hate it when a page won't scroll down until it loads. Or, even worse, when it [i]constantly shoots me up to the top of the page[/i] everytime a new widget finishes loading or whatever the hell is making it do that.[/color]
[/quote]
OR when you think it loaded but when you scroll down and it just sorta "stretches" the top part of the page.

I hate when backpacks or suitecases or similar have two zippers and people just slide both of them to one side instead of in the middle.

Farts. It's nasty-go outside or to the bathroom.

People who stand on escalators. I don't know why but I feel as if it makes you lazy. If you walk you'll get there faster.

[color=deeppink]I hate that nobody has any hallway etiquette. If there is only enough room for 3, maybe 4 people shoulder to shoulder, [i]don't stand 5 deep while waiting for class[/i]. It's much better for traffic when people going both directions don't have to funnel through the same foot-long opening.

Don't walk shoulder-to-shoulder in groups of 4 and expect me to make room for you when my elbow is already scraping the wall.

Don't just [i]stop[/i] in front of me. I will cut you.

[i]Please[/i] don't funnel through the most inconvenient door for the rest of us. And [i]please[/i] don't use both doors for the same damn direction, making it so NO ONE ******* ELSE can get through.

Anything other than that is minor but still annoys me. I wish people would treat hallways like roads and keep to the damn right. I've seen people run into each other simply because they both have to cut that corner as close as possible.[/color]

I'm annoyed when a teacher asks a student to do the teacher's job! Especially when they ask in a way that you know very well means it is not a choice. No, sir, I do NOT want to put those grades in your grade book for you and be late to my next class! No, sir, I do NOT want to grade a stack of your papers in lieu of going to lunch! He went to college to become a teacher, so why doesn't he do his own work instead of relying on a sixteen year old!

When people text in class, it drives me insane. Who is so important that you have to text them over and over [i]right this second?![/i] It's distracting and generally rude to those around you! And for those of them that say something when they're caught like, "Oh, I was texting my mom!", well why doesn't she just call the office to tell you something? Unless it's an emergency(what's for dinner is not an emergency), then just keep your phone in your backpack so that you don't get tempted like a crack addict to go diving into your pockets after the keypad!

Soda is called soda. Not pop. Pop is a silly description of what bubblegum does. And heaven forbid I hear the two joined together in an unholy union as sodapop.

[quote name='Felix the Cat' timestamp='1298995507' post='705400']
What about softdrink?
[/quote]

Neither. It's fizzy drink, pop or called by its actual name (i.e., lemonade, coke .etc). Or if you're not sure whether the person would prefer one of the varieties, it's normally fizzy drink or perhaps "would you like a drink?". At least it works that way in normal non-backwards UK :P.

Soda? The only soda around here is damn baking soda.... :P Edited by Vicky

[quote name='Vicky']Soda? The only soda around here is damn baking soda.... :P[/quote]
[font="Calibri"][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonated_water"]Soda water[/url].

[FONT=Calibri]"[/font]In the United States, [i]carbonated water[/i] was known as [i]soda water[/i] until WWII due to the sodium salts it contains...."[/FONT] Edited by Allamorph

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1299101307' post='705438']
[font="Calibri"][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonated_water"]Soda water[/url].

[FONT=Calibri]"[/font]In the United States, [i]carbonated water[/i] was known as [i]soda water[/i] until WWII due to the sodium salts it contains...."[/FONT]
[/quote]

Only posh people at sports or golf clubs drink this "soda water". It's mildly fizzy tap water, it barely constitutes a new name :p.

Soda? Soda. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all pet peeves, and thee.

:)

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Would somebody please tell me the point of wearing headphones if you're going to have your music so flippin' loud, I can hear it as clear as day anyway? Some people may not realize it's so loud, but others...there's just no way. This is distressingly common at my college, and has me convinced half the alumni are going to become completely deaf by age 30.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1299772889' post='705581']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Would somebody please tell me the point of wearing headphones if you're going to have your music so flippin' loud, I can hear it as clear as day anyway? Some people may not realize it's so loud, but others...there's just no way. This is distressingly common at my college, and has me convinced half the alumni are going to become completely deaf by age 30.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"]I'm certainly guilty of that, haha. My main reason for doing that is that I'm tuning other people out and I don't really want to listen to the outside world at the moment. I blasted the music in my car too. But if someone asks me to turn it down, then it's no biggie to do so. :P

[/font]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1299772889' post='705581']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Would somebody please tell me the point of wearing headphones if you're going to have your music so flippin' loud, I can hear it as clear as day anyway? Some people may not realize it's so loud, but others...there's just no way. This is distressingly common at my college, and has me convinced half the alumni are going to become completely deaf by age 30.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Theres this and then there's those who can't control their voice volume and try to talk over the music so they can hear themselves. And when people talk to you expecting you to hear then over your earphones-sometimes I can but you shouldn't expect it. I DO like to mouth words till people pull off their earphones or pause only to see I'm not really talking.

• 2 weeks later...
More video game stuff...

I hate it when games don't autosave.
I know in those games it is my responsibility to not die... however if I knew when I was gonna die, I would prevent it!

I hate games that don't let you skip cutscenes.
I don't care how long or short they are, If I replay the game I probably wont want to sit through it

I hate Characters that are Naive, especially when you are supposed to be influencing the character with your personality.
If you are supposed to be the character, your intelligence should effect it as well! Sometimes I just wanna smack my stupid characters when I am forced to choose a stupid response.

I hate it when you have to fight a boss multiple times. when you fight a guy and he runs away and fights again later.
Just because you have more health this time doesn't make you more interesting!

I hate it when your computer controlled allies do no damage, so even though they are attacking you still have to kill everyone.
Why would they even be there if they are that useless.

The thing I hate the most is when environments look like they are easily traversable, yet you can't go there.
Invisible walls or inclines and cliffs that are easily climbable yet become insurmountable obstructions make me want to just eject the game disk and put it in a garbage disposal. Edited by cAnZ

[quote name='Ducky' timestamp='1301362834' post='706042']
People who feel the need to proclaim their political associations through bumper stickers.

Guess what? DON'T CARE. Now move your ass before I give you a bumper-tap. :I
[/quote]
This has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. The political ones are the most annoying, but I also just dislike bumper stickers in general. I don't know, they just annoy me. :T

• 3 weeks later...
[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Teen couples that talk in babynese to each other. This is in my top five pet peeves. I mean really. Can't they talk to each other like intelligent beings and not like babies or babbling idiots? And them making stupid sounds to each other counts as well. Do it when no one is around. But then again.. most couples only do this around people. ...they actually think that their peers want to see or hear this? It's freaking annoying and ....ugh.[/font][/size][/color]