OtakuBoards

Pet Peeves

Ducky

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1297358422' post='704833']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Being called at 11 at night to be informed that I have to wake up an hour earlier than usual the next morning so I can drive someone to work and be expected to pay for the gas to do so even though it's their freaking car.[/font]
[/quote]
[color="#2E8B57"]
Sorry. I'll call earlier next time. Also, my major, number one pet peeve? Being interrupted. in the stupid job I have working in a customer care call center, I just have to deal with it, but when I'm in the middle of giving information or explaining, and the person on the other end of the phone interrupts to argue something that they don't even have all the information on yet makes me irate. [/color]

I hate it when I'm working at the bowling ally, and some drunk person from our bar gets mad, and starts bein' super obnoxious and loud... I wish it was 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, floor, but it's 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, get in "the guy who fixes your lane's" face... It's worth it when they get tackled by 4 cops though, hehe! Edited by ItalyBros_PASTA!

[color=crimson]I work at a hookah bar. I put tobacco into ceramic bowls, put ceramic bowls on hookahs, and prep them for the customer to smoke. I take coals out to people who smoke. I make $8 an hour to do this. I am pleased.

We use natural coals and Coconara coals. Natural coals are large pieces of mesquite charcoal that are A.) messy and time consuming to start (fire required), B.) make your tobacco taste like some variety of bbq, and C.) turn to ash quickly thus requiring me to run out every few minutes. Coconara coals are compressed charcoals made from coconut shells that are A.) nice neat little squares (instead of actual logs of charcoal turning your skin black), B.) enjoy being lit on coil burners, and C.) last twenty minutes before needing a nice little ashing and flip, then last another ten minutes or so before needing to be replaced.

Many middle eastern people loveeeeeee themselves some natural coals. LOVE IT! I don't know if it is the smoky taste of brisket with their tobacco, the unnecessarily vast amount of ash the coals produce, or the fact I have to run around like a small rodent to keep all of their hookahs lit, but, damn if they don't like themselves these coals. These customers specifically ask for natural coals instead of Coconara coals. They get incredibly irate if I attempt to give them Coconara coals. I am not sure why their preference goes along these lines.

It is irritating.[/color]

[font="Times New Roman"][color="#556B2F"][size="3"]I [i]really[/i] hate it when my mom starts a load of laundry on Friday night and doesn't finish it until Sunday night/Monday morning so I can't wash my clothes. Not only do I not get my clothes clean, my mom would have to wash the clothes again and waste more water. I swear, this might be my new biggest pet peeve, if not a close second. I mean, really, how EFFING lazy can you be to not finish a damn load?! ._. UGH[/size][/color][/font] Edited by Lyndy

[center] Pet Peeves....I drive the speed limit and I usually am the one that is passed...I dont care if people are going 45 in a 55...I can pass them...or if they go way faster than me and pass me BUT what I do hate is when I get behind someone going 51 in a 55. 41/45 ect. Takes alot more speed to pass them then half the time they speed up and get on your @ss right after you pass them. >/
[/center]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN I just thought of another one that I can't believe totally escaped me until now.

I hate it when I'm on the computer, and people are RIGHT SQUARE BEHIND ME, or sitting right next to me, watching every last thing I do.

See, I have 2-3 hour breaks every day between classes at school, so naturally, I bring my computer to pass the time. I could always go to the library, I suppose [and I do sometimes], but I enjoy being in the cafeteria, that way I'm within decent walking distance to go get something to eat. Sometimes my friends and acquaintances come out talk to me, which is fine.

HOWEVER, some of them have this bad tendency to sit RIGHT NEXT TO ME and stare at EVERY THING I DO while I'm online. That alone is bad enough, but then they make commentary on it. "WHAT'S THAT?", "GO BACK TO THAT PAGE I WANNA LOOK AT THAT", or variations thereof. Look, nothing I look up is any weirder than your fandoms, especially when I've told you more than once to stop leering over my shoulder, so don't get all upset when I tell you to stop. 8|

I guess I just have some kind of problem with people being directly behind me, and I couldn't tell you why. It's not like I feel intimidated [I'm actually taller than the average female], so I guess I just hate the idea of someone breathing down my neck. Ghh.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1297960050' post='705056']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]
I guess I just have some kind of problem with people being directly behind me, and I couldn't tell you why. It's not like I feel intimidated [I'm actually taller than the average female], so I guess I just hate the idea of someone breathing down my neck. Ghh.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Bet you love it on public transport/in queues when some rancid old man decides to breathe on your neck with his 90-year-old cigarette breath. I know I love it.

[color=deeppink]I absolutely [i]loathe[/i] it when I get to the phone a second too late, but when I try to call the person back they don't pick up. You go from using to phone to not being able to tell that your phone is ringing within 15 seconds? BLARG![/color]

[center]Video Game Courtesy!
[/center]
I dislike it when people Teabag in video-games.
What are they so darn proud of that they need to rub it in other peoples faces? I get that its a humorous spectacle, but too many times has it been done to me lately... and there is seldome ever a reason at all. Plus bragging about being better at a video-game probably doesn't really say many good things about them.

I dislike campers In video-games.
For one... how fun can it be to just run to the same spot and wait till some unfortunate person falls into your little trap game after game after game.... Other than that it just gets annoying when people play like that. I have played long enough so that I can avoid the common spots.. however I will often lose because I am playing with a person who is less familiar with the game. It just seems dumb to me that I should lose, not because I played worse, but because my team doesn't know the map as well...

People who quit out of their games on purpose.
So what if you are about to lose a match, or you suddenly feel like playing something else, by quitting you are probably making things harder and less enjoyable for the other moembers of your team, especially with objective games,. Take another five minutes to finish what you started please.

[list=1]
[*]Eating with your mouth open/noisy eating.
[*]Cork in wine.
[*]Slutty females.
[*]Chavs.
[*]Pop music.
[*]Bad internet connection.
[*]MY NEIGHBOR AND HIS LOUD TV AND HORSE-LIKE GIRLFRIEND NOISING AT ME AT 20 PAST 1 IN THE MORNING! (Lee's just gone out to tell them to stfu.)
[/list]

[quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1297643995' post='704958']
[font="Times New Roman"][color="#556B2F"][size="3"]I [i]really[/i] hate it when my mom starts a load of laundry on Friday night and doesn't finish it until Sunday night/Monday morning so I can't wash my clothes. Not only do I not get my clothes clean, my mom would have to wash the clothes again and waste more water. I swear, this might be my new biggest pet peeve, if not a close second. I mean, really, how EFFING lazy can you be to not finish a damn load?! ._. UGH[/size][/color][/font]
[/quote]
You could stop being lazy and do what I do, whatevers in the washer goe sin the dryer and if theres something in he dryer(Like there always effing is) put it in their bedroom.

I hate slow walkers, and hate if even more when the situation is on a set of steps.

When your at a light and are either: in the left lane and the right lane has parked cars the block over, Or are in he right lane and a car pulls over in the parking lane with parked cars a block over. And they think they can just zoom off to jump in front of you. I happen to drive a Bronco and it can hold it's own. I hate these idiots that do this and it happens in the same few places where cars are known for parking. WHy oh why you dumbaz mutha luver do you do this. I love reading he opposite light and taking off a second before the green to prove my point of how stupid they are or if traffic is already flowing, keeping it neck & neck so they hafta stop and wait for who knows how many cars. Sometimes it doesn't work, but when it does, I think they should get the picture when you put them in their place.

The cigarette ban, Eff you, mother effers!

People who read aloud, especially when they can't read. Here's a hint if you read aloud and you sound like there's a 3-8 second effing gap between each word, but you can carry on a conversation with fluency and ease, then STFU, you can't read. I don't wanna hear your stammering 2nd grade level reading skills. I want to take the book your reading and beat you about the head with it's spine, maybe then you'll forget how to read or will read as though you already knew every line of text.

Babies- just for being the involent whiny, cryingy, annoying, don't do what their told little effers. I pretty much hate babies for being babies.

Websites that censor profanity. as a grown-azed man I should not be censored.

People who call stuff what it's not, like my Bronco a truck(its a god damned SUV) or like when my fiance keeps calling a certain Circle K a Dairy Mart because at one time that's what was there, but those are gone forever. And it was forever ago when it was there.

People telling me to have a seat, i'll sit when ready and people telling me to calm down when I'm mad just makes me more mad.

[quote name='Jax Rhapsody' timestamp='1298117241' post='705111']
You could stop being lazy and do what I do, whatevers in the washer goe sin the dryer and if theres something in he dryer(Like there always effing is) put it in their bedroom.
[/quote]
[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]That would work only if I [i]had[/i] a dryer. And besides they would have to be washed again since they were left in there for so long. [i]And[/i] there was no other place to put the clothes, too.[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Jax Rhapsody' timestamp='1298117241' post='705111']
Websites that censor profanity. as a grown-azed man I should not be censored.
[/quote]
You could stop being lazy and do what I do. Use a better vocabulary that does not consist of swear words so that the censors aren't usually a problem. There are some good times for swearing, but the internet is not just for adults and you have to be considerate of others.

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1298135572' post='705114']
You could stop being lazy and do what I do. Use a better vocabulary that does not consist of swear words so that the censors aren't usually a problem. There are some good times for swearing, but the internet is not just for adults and you have to be considerate of others.
[/quote]

You legend.

I came up with a new pet peeve recently, just to keep on topic. We have two dogs -- one is very well behaved and lovely, the other is a young dog who's terrified of other dogs (so terrified that he barks but he isn't physically aggressive). He runs at other dogs and stops halfway, barks and then runs back to us when we call him. If a dog walks up to him, however, he attacks (he's a puppy so he can't do any damage to be honest). The owners can CLEARLY see this dog is terrified -- heckles up on his neck, aggressive barking, growling and our frantic attempts to walk him further down the field. So what do they do? Follow us. Follow us with their horrible old dogs and give us dirty looks. We're trying to train him and we don't want our dog getting too close while he's so nervous just in case and in a huge field/forest there's no need to walk RIGHT BEHIND us OR throw the ball for their dog AT MY DOG. He's no bigger than a pencil case, it's blatantly disrespectful to do that to a terrified dog.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Pet Peeves...

Stupid people. And I'm not being mean or anything else, I'm talking about the kind of stupid people you want to pin a sign onto letting the whole world know. Like today in the supermarket for instance. My son had picked up a jar of pickles trying to ask me to buy them for him, it slipped from his hand and shattered. First things this middle aged woman asks me?
"Did that break?"
That kind of stupid....yeah. Drives me nuts.

Another one, people who ride your tail while your driving. If you can look in your rear view mirror and clearly see the label on their ball cap...they are to effing close!

And biggest one for me...the word/term of MILF. I hate it with a passion. [/color][/font]

[quote name='Vicky' timestamp='1298159045' post='705124']
You legend.

I came up with a new pet peeve recently, just to keep on topic. We have two dogs -- one is very well behaved and lovely, the other is a young dog who's terrified of other dogs (so terrified that he barks but he isn't physically aggressive). He runs at other dogs and stops halfway, barks and then runs back to us when we call him. If a dog walks up to him, however, he attacks (he's a puppy so he can't do any damage to be honest). The owners can CLEARLY see this dog is terrified -- heckles up on his neck, aggressive barking, growling and our frantic attempts to walk him further down the field. So what do they do? Follow us. Follow us with their horrible old dogs and give us dirty looks. We're trying to train him and we don't want our dog getting too close while he's so nervous just in case and in a huge field/forest there's no need to walk RIGHT BEHIND us OR throw the ball for their dog AT MY DOG. He's no bigger than a pencil case, it's blatantly disrespectful to do that to a terrified dog.
[/quote]

[color="#2E8B57"]You should set those people on fire. [/color]

[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I hate it when someone messages me, and then I reply, and then they don't reply back. It really pisses me off. If you're not going to reply to the IM I am going to reply to you with, why IM me in the first place?[/font][/size][/color]

I hate it when people type in shortcuts such as "u", "r", "n" and the likes. Whereas I don't mind it if people don't do it a lot, it catches my eye, and therefore bugs me even more, when people use "u" and "your" (not "ur") in the same sentence because it's like.. Hmmm I can't even explain. It just annoys me I guess? Edited by Felix the Cat

[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]People who effing burp all the effing time and the burp is effing nasty. I want to punch the person who does the burp. It's disgusting and it pisses me off. Get some manners. Oh, and the only person who does this? My mom. ._. Disgusting habit. [u][i][b]DISGUSTING[/b][/i][/u]. I HATE IT. I WANT TO PUNCH SOMEONE RIGHT NOW. D<[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Jeje' timestamp='1298400076' post='705178']
[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]People who effing burp all the effing time and the burp is effing nasty. I want to punch the person who does the burp. It's disgusting and it pisses me off. Get some manners. Oh, and the only person who does this? My mom. ._. Disgusting habit. [u][i][b]DISGUSTING[/b][/i][/u]. I HATE IT. I WANT TO PUNCH SOMEONE RIGHT NOW. D<[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

*Punches you instead*.

:)

I jokez, I jestz!

Bus drivers now annoy me. Jezuz chrizt, smile already. Don't like your job? Quit. I'll have it. Sad people.

[FONT=Calibri]People who say 'libary'.

People who talk to hear themselves talk; people who talk just to get someone else to say something so they can talk more.

People who ***** at their grandparents.

People who are willfully and knowingly stupid â?? notably, men who act 'gay' so women will talk to them (whether or not they're [i]actually [/i]gay, a factor which I find mostly irrelevant), or women who have decided that having a brain is a bad thing.

People act like horse's butts just to prove that they're 'mature enough' to act like a horse's butt. Sort of counter-intuitive (and counter-productive), you know.

People who don't teach their children any flippin' respect whatsoever and then act offended when their kid is disrespectful.

I notice a common theme, here.[/FONT]

[quote name='Vicky' timestamp='1298401162' post='705179']
Bus drivers now annoy me. Jezuz chrizt, smile already. Don't like your job? Quit. I'll have it. Sad people.
[/quote]
[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]LOL. My mom is a bus driver..
But she says she likes it.[/font][/size][/color]