OtakuBoards

Witches: Gods Rising

Akieen Cloud

[color="#000080"]Ali walked through the hall, heading towards her room, and stopped as a recuirt stopped and saluted. She merely rolled her eyes and waved the young man off feeling a pang twist her heart as he reminded her of someone she knew. Closing her eyes she continued walking til she reached her destination, pulling out her key card she swiped it and pulled her wallet out to replace it, pausing as she caught sight of the picture folded up and tucked away saftly in the folded leather. Shaking it off she walked inside and instantly held up her hands as three voices began to talk to her all at once.
"Alright, you know the rules, one at a time. Neos, you first."
Lily scoffed and crossed her arms.
"He always goes first."
The three year old turned and stuck his tongue out at her and faced his mother again and grabbing her hand and pulling her down to his level. Her son never ceased to amaze her, he was smarter than any three year old she had ever heard of, already speaking full sentences, and able to do simple math, but beyond that his power made her shiver. He was powerful, able to create and destroy with simple motions of his hands. She frowned as she began to think about another person she knew who was able to use a power similar to that. It made her stomach turn uncomfortably, she was still shocked by how much guilt she felt and how many feelings were still left...even after three years. She came back and listened as her son talked to her about school and everything they did, once he was finished she looked over at Tank, her adopted son, his was taller now at the age of 16 and he looked so much like her husband that not many people believed them when they said they adopted him. He gave her a broad smile and a large, warm hug that lifted her feet off the floor.
"Hey mom."
"Hello love. How was school?"
"Good."
"Football?"
"Good, Rock finally beat me."
"Did he? I bet he was proud."
"I broke his armor."
Ali choked on the water she had just began to drink and looked over at the young man.
"You'll have to tell your father."
He nodded and walked away and she smirked as she saw a large sandwhich in his hands, she looked down at Lily, the young 13 year old girl staring up at her with a frown.
"How come they went first?"
"Because, you decided to throw a fit. What have I told you?"
"Be patient."
Ali nodded and cursed as her phone beeped at her, she looked down at her adoptive daughter and kissed her forehead.
"I have to go, got a call. Tank dinner's on you tonight buddy!"
She could hear Lily groan about him making nothing but pasta as Ali slid from the room and began to walk down the hall stopping for a moment to glance at a door on her left, shaking her head she continued walking til she reached the Commandant's office. Entering no one said anything to her as she walked to the back and leaned on the door frame, her heart warming as she looked in on him, his large frame bent over his desk as he tried to seal something.
"Would you like some help love?"
Demetri looked up and gave her a large smile making her melt alittle on the inside.
"You know me...all thumbs."
She walked forward, shutting the door behind her, and wrapped her arms around him kissing him deeply.
"Not with everything."
He chuckled and thanked her as she sealed the envelope, she leaned on his desk and looked up at him.
"So what was the call for?"
"We found one of the gods. Get the team together. We leave in four days."
She nodded and left walking back to her own office to send word to the other bases.

We are the HDF, Human Defense Force; we hunt all things that crawl in the dark, and even some that lurk in the shadows of the day. We are soldiers and we protect human kind from the monsters that hide under their beds. There are four bases in all and we are deployed all around the world for the soul purpose of protecting man kind. Our latest task has been harder than ever, three years ago a mad man unleashed Egyptian gods, we managed to kill him but the gods remained roaming free and now, we know where they are and we're planning on sending them home. Sound like a big order? Well the biggest thing about us you have to know, is we have powers. We were all born with an extra DNA strand that allowed to evolve further than humans. Some of us can control emotions, others can control metal while the stronger one among us can control elements such as wind or fire, and even tap into another dimension to use a power close to magic. We are the HDF, and we hunt what lurks under your bed. And we don't do it for fame...as far as the world knows, we don't exsist.
When things go bump in the night....we bump them back.

Name: Alex Talon
Appearance: [url="http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m277/impheatus_ss/anime/ino_izayoi_no_hanayome_kiryuu_iyori.jpg"]Alex[/url]
She has a small, circular scar on her chest, between her breasts, as well as a larger one on her back between her shoulder blades, both of which reminders of her work, another scar on her right lower back, above her hip. A tattoo covers her left shoulder balde and a small light blue mark graces her right cheek, almost like a tear trail. Usually in jeans and a tank top when not in unoiform, always in combat boots with open fingered gloves. A small cross now sits high on her chest and a pair of silver rings lay on her left ring finger.
Personality: More open than she used to be she is still somewhat closed off and rough around the edges, she laughs more than she did three years ago and she enjoys more but she's still serious when not behind closed doors.
Power: Empath/Telekensis. Her powers having grown over 3 years to the point where she can implante memories into a person mind or even her own making them believe whatever image she implants with in their mind.
Weapon: A close range fighter she uses hand to hand having given up the raiper a long time ago for a pair of curved daggers. Able to kick a full grown man a good foot when at her max. She also carries at least two cases full of throwing knives on her at all times.

No Bio, we were never born. lol [/color] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

[b]Woohoo! Yay for sequels! ^^[/b]

[b]Name:[/b] Calypso "Pocket" Velius
[b]Age:[/b] 24
[b]Appearance:[/b] [url="http://i53.tinypic.com/2h7gdug.jpg"]Calypso[/url]
Pocket's appearance has changed quite a bit since she first joined the team. Her usual red hair now has a half black shade on her left side. It's divided so neatly, most people think she just dyed it. She has gained a few scars, but not as many as her other team members are sporting. In the past three years though, she has worked on moving from a defensive role to a more active offensive/defensive one. So her scar collection should grow in time.
No tattoos, but she does admire Ali's and it has given her ideas of her own if she ever got one. She wears a red ring on her left index finger and has changed out her glasses as they sometimes get lost or destroyed on missions. She has several pairs in several different colors though, so this is no big deal. She has had all of the lenses replaced as well, since she has had surgery within the last three years to fix her eyesight. So now she just keeps her glasses as a fashion statement. She's usually seen in a baggy t-shirt or a hoodie and cargo pants and different styles of sneakers.
[b]Personality:[/b] Three years older and no longer the youngest recruit, Pocket has become a bit more serious. However, this doesn't mean she has lost her love of fun and laughter and will still tease her Team Alpha team members. She prefers to introduce herself to new recruits as Calypso but usually they end up laughing with her and calling her Pocket too. Behind closed doors though, she is mostly serious and tries to find out more about her powers.
[b]Power:[/b] Mental (Magical?) Storage
Pocket, thanks to Marcus' help, has gained a clearer idea of her power. However, with new answers come more questions. So she is still trying to learn the limits of her new power and usually asks Marcus for help with that. Thanks to him though, she found out that her power to store and retrieve items might be partially or completely magic based. Because of this, she is able to bring out weapons she has never stored in the first place. She spends time training with each bladed weapon though, as sometimes she's not sure what she will get when she makes it appear. She can still use her power for storing useful items for her team members or useless items to try to get them to laugh.
[b]Weapon:[/b] Her old Barett rifle, although with her practice with her bladed weapons, she has been using it less and less and trying to fight close combat more and more. Edited by Lilt

[size="1"][b]"Its been a long time since I've seen them all."[/b] He said as he sat in the office of commander of one of the far east branches of the HDF. This one was more specifically placed in Japan, this was only one of many he had visited in the past three years, having been almost all over the world in his efforts to find the information he needed. And for another reason, one that took precedence no matter what he did she always came back to his mind, she followed him always, and he couldn't and wouldn't let that go anymore.
[b]
"Mr. Demos, you seem to be drifting. Something on your mind?"[/b] Marcus looked to the voice, seeing the Commander of the base. Marcus had taken upon himself to provided a security measure for Commander Phoenix. She was a hard woman, very out spoken and always against him hanging around, telling him constantly that he should be working on finding ways to stop the gods. As his power developed the past three years, he could he could be in two places at once. Still part of the real world, interacting and working at full capacity, but he could let his ethereal self float on the infinite path ways of the mind. He simply stared at Commander Phoenix, common for him to remain silent during most conversations.
[b]
"Colonel Demos, Your silence-"

"Oh now were using rank? Last time I checked, I was still just a Captain because I turned down promotions."[/b] Phoenix focused on him intently as she laced her fingers together still sitting at her desk.
[b]
"You no longer have a choice Colonel. You are being given a choice here, I advise you to think about it." [/b]Marcus watched her as she watched him, their eyes locked in a battle of wills. Time seemed to pass slowly as they just stared at one another, Marcus will won out with Phoenix turning away. Still, he rose and bowed his head to the Commander, making his way out of her office to his temporary quarters. His things were still packed from when he arrived almost 6 months ago, he didn't bother pulling anything out since he moved so often now. He did however, had one object out, a mirror that looked pitch black, as if you could plunge you hand into it and find no end. The edges looked like twisted black metal, foreign to the touch, the mirror had origins he didn't like to think about. Holding the mirror in his hand now he looked into the dark abyss.
[b]
"Show me her, one more time." [/b]The image took form, at first it was blurry, everything unclear, moments later it cleared. He saw her face then, sitting alone in an office as he had seen so many times before. Her hands cupping her face as she saw her shudder, seeing the clear signs of her tears. His heart started to crack and break, melting the walls he tried to put up all to easily. He was almost glad that he couldn't hear anything she said, the sound of her weeping always broke him, made him buckle under the pressure. Her face became clear now, the mark he had left on her face no visible with the tears trailing down her face. His breath suddenly caught when he saw a single word escape her lips that he knew.

[b][i]Marcus[/i][/b]

It was all he needed now, she was weeping for him, his mind focused now. His decision clear now with as he pocketed the mirror into his new robe. He finally knew what he had to do, he had gathered as much information he could in three years, he had done as much work as he possibly could to keep his family safe. Now, there was only one things left for him to do, and a smile creased his tattooed face. He was going home.[/size]

[size="1"][b]Name:[/b] Marcus Demos

[b]Age:[/b] 35

[b]Appearance: [/b]Marcus is well known for his complexion, his entire body is covered in tattoos, each one a rune that he sanctified and gave life to through his powers. Seven crows are on his chest, each crow made up of smaller symbols, his body devoid of body hair due to his runes creating a charge through his body that prevents his hair from growing anymore. He stands at a normal height of 5'10" but his build has changed in his three year travels, becoming more muscular with the constant training he does. His eyes a dark brown that adds to his dark visage that has terrified more then one recruit or by standards.

His clothing choices have grown since his early days, originally only wearing a robe and sandals as his primary attire. Now it can vary depending on the situation and what he has on hand. These days, however, he has taken to wearing wearing a feudal era Japanese robe that he typically keeps the top off hanging down, he also wears a blue bandanna tied around his left bicep from a deceased friend. Also carrying the swords the same friend left behind.

[b]Personality[/b]: Marcus is the same when it comes to his secrets, he doesn't explain much when he feels it'll take to much time, choosing to keep people in the dark as long as he can before revealing any information. Only a few people have gotten him to give up his secrets before, other then that he tries to be as helpful as possible and always tries to have a plan. He is no exception when it comes to his emotions, feeling as much as the next person, just keeping them contained better and trying to keep everything logical if he can.

Behind closed doors and with close friends, he actually exhibits a rather playful personality, able to have as much fun as the next person with the right company.

[b]Power:[/b] Marcus power revolves around the power of runes and symbols, everything have a unique function and ability, many can be used together to create massive forces. His power use to require that he either draw the rune or speak the runes name to use its power. But that has changed, he can now control the power at will, no longer needing to speak the words or even make a rune anymore to use his power effectively.

[b]Weapon: [/b]Marcus body is one of his weapons, the runes providing his primary source of fighting strength. He also carries to single edge swords at his waist on both the left and right side. He has placed runes on the blades, that keep them from becoming dull and giving them extra protection to make them nearly unbreakable.[/size] Edited by Dassem Ultor

[b]Name: [/b]Demitri Athens
[b]Age: [/b]33 years old[b]
Appearance: [url="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oUd0eKSUIR8/TJjewLZhv-I/AAAAAAAAE-A/-gEODrnK8vw/s400/alex-do-street-fighter-9.jpg"]Demitri[/url]

Personality: [/b]Demitri was always knwon for being carefree and free spirited, but he was also one hell of a team member when he was in the field a lot with his team mates, now that Demitri has obtained the position of Commandant like his father before him, he's grow to be a little but more serious. The man is well respected by all of his peers at HDF, and he's earned their respect from countless missions and high success outcomes. Though his betrayal years ago still linger in people's mind, they have all nearly forgotten about those dark times for the man.

Now being a father of three, two who are too young to join HDF and one who's been a team member since he was 13, Demitri has grown protective over them. His adopted children love hanging out with their father and mother together or one at a time, and his natural born son always looks up to his father as his hero. Demitri would do anything for his family first, the same goes for his team members he's fought along side with through the countless years. But he man would give everything up for the love of his life, the woman who never gave up on him, no matter what the circumstance was.

Unlike his father, Demitri likes to make himself public as the Commandant and help out everywhere in the base, training new recruits, more social gatherings for his soldiers and make sure that everyone is as close to one another as he was with Alpha Team.
[b]
Powers: [/b]Demitri is now a master of the wind element, before he was limited to one attack at a time, but with training over the last three years and extensive combat rituals, his powers have evolved faster than normal soldiers would. Able to produce shotgun like wind blasts, barriers, cutting attacks and even suck the air out of another person when the time calls for it. Not only mastery of his own powers, but Demitri is somewhat vulnerable to lightning/electrical attacks thrown at him.

Demitri has also adapted his powers in a new way, able to teleport himself by moving like the air around him, enabling the man to vanish in a second to reappear in another area of his choosing. It is limited for now, but the soldier has been practicing more and more as the years passed, extending his distance in the process.
[b]
Weapon: [/b]Demitri's skills with his pistols is matched by none other, keeping two at his thighs with leg holsters and two attached to the back of his pants belt. Spare ammo clips on either side of his lips, four in all. Demitri is also well skilled in hand-to-hand combat and now teaches new recruits techniques and combos whenever he gets the chance.

"Hello Uncle, Missael"

"How did you know it was me" Missael asked already knowing the answer.

"You may have forgotten where you come from, but your body and soul remembers, you walk with a certain rhythm."

Missael walked over to where his nephew was sprawled out on his back, barefooted and barely dressed with his eyes closed and sat down on the ground softly next to him, looking him over. He had grown a little since the last time Missael visited ....

"Go on..." Missael shifted , his HDF uniform was comfortable but not for sitting on the uneven ground.

"...and the land remembers you also, I can feel the echo of joy your feet make when it connects with the earth ... and you are also happy to be back, regardless of how brief your stay will be."

"Luwein.... Have you thought about my proposal?"

Luwein opened his pale eyes staring directly upwards toward the sun.

"Uncle, how did you know I would be here....."

"You are your mother's child, this was her favorite spot to sun bathed as well as star gazed."

"I miss the stories you told me about her, all her adventures and....... misadventures. I truly wish you would visit more often... so you could tell me more."

"Or you could finally come back to the HDF, you're more than eligible to be accepted. No documented proof of existing .....besides the information we have on you, plus I'm well connected there I could make sure you're well taken care of. We would see each other so much more.... and we'd be able to have conversations like this sometimes."

Luwein sat up and crossed his legs, his back towards his uncle. " Agent Mist, that's what they call you there right?"

"Correct" Mist said.

"You know what they call me here?... Cronus, Skygod, De Hora, and other various names of reincarnations of Gods who's power was that of time itself.... There is one name that sticks out above all the rest, Protector." Luwein turn around and moved directly in front of his uncle. "My place is here, I couldn't do to these people what you and my mother did.... go off and fight things that go bump in the night... theres so many horrible things that torment us in broad daylight under the all seeing sun. Famine, Plague, invaders, and people who come to lay ruin to the land."

"Protector .... more like prisoner, you know nothing of the world outside of this nomadic life style and that saddens me the most, you talk about protecting the land and respecting the earth, you cant respect what you do not know, you can not know what you have not experienced."

Luwein held his uncles face in his hand feeling around slightly, "Your face has changed ..... this is to be expected, but not too much to where I cant recognize you. It is true the Missael, of the moist fragrant air, is here before me yet I can not see him."

"Well you are blind, so that is not saying much." Missael snapped and regretted it as soon as he said it... Luwein reminded him so much of his own father, who was such a devote to what he believed in and what he felt his children should believe in... sometimes when he spoke to his nephew it took him back to the ramblings of his father.

Luwein slowly withdrew his hands from his uncle's face, but Mist grabbed him by the hand and clasps them in his.

"I am more aware of my surroundings then witches twice my age and 8 times my experience." Luwein answered calmly but still slightly hurt, not at his uncle's words but they're intent and the rough way he spoke.

"Which is why i want you to come with me.... you are needed on a grater scale than this"

"These people need me uncle, how will they survi-"

"I can have them placed under the protection of the HDF, no more traveling around unsafe territory"

"How do you know they would help and why now after all this time"

Mist smiled, of course Luwein couldn't see it but he felt Missael's pulse through his hand, it had skipped in a slight way that just translated into....happy

"Because they're all witches, basically homeless and untrained. The HDF owns a lot of land a lot of fertile land where they can call home if they refuse to become trainees....There was a shift in power the branch that should have been overseeing our tribe of witch nomads has come under new management."

Luwein forcibly took his hands back. "You're so foul Uncle, you tricked me... you get me all worked up... when instead you could have told me this information first."

"I had to get your attention .... Dont be angry with me" Missael whined. "This is a great opportunity, for everyone.... All i ask is that you join the HDF."

"....On one condition, if you say your corporation owns all this land get them to buy this land... it would be unfair for our people to have to uproot from the soil they were born on."

"That doesnt sound impossible, I'll see what I can do." Missael got up to leave. "I will be back to retrieve you once I get the O.K from my Superiors."

Luwein rose hastefully to his feet. "..Uncle...Thank you" Missael nodded, not needing to ask what for....

Luwein would never openly admit to feeling like a prisoner by his own duties to his people, a task left to him be his late father this was ask close to that as possible though. Finally Luwein would have a chance at a decent life. And this way Mist would have him close by, the way that things are right now it's dangerous for someone with the amount of power Luwein has to be unsupervised. Mist would have to call in a few favors to get his nephew under the best supervision possible.

'[i]One battle at a time[/i]'

Name: Luwein Ouranos

Appearance: 5'7 a light lean but muscular build. Luwein prefers to be wild haired, barefooted and half naked to be more connected to everything around him, but in a work setting he has to settle for something "respectable" he ties his long hair in something that resembles a pony tail he still wears beads and feathers in his hair when he can get away with it. ripped tight but movable jeans and a loose fitting tank top a few ear rings and a bangle which is a family heirloom . he tries to mix his wild nomadic normal wear with todays casual laid back style for the most part.

Personality: Sensitive and sort of reserved. Extremely curious, ignorant but wise. Luwein is kind and gentile young man. Although people are drawn to his honestly and purity his completely innocent but blunt moments can put people on edge. Luwein always means well in the end, though sometimes people would think he'd enjoy the company of a fern over a person. He is quite the opposite Luwein wants to connect to people even though he knows his sudden intense devotion and quick attachment may be off putting to some he hopes it will some how show how he wants to be accepted as a peer, and companion. Luwein wants this more than anything, it's nerve wracking to be born with a purpose and having been operating in that expectation since birth and suddenly trusted into the world with no identity.

Power: Time manipulation, Luwein can slow, speed or stop time this can be directed at a single target including himself or affect a small area, and within 4 walls he could freeze the whole room, however it's affects on powerful demons and witches is weaker. Luwein can cause air molecules to speed up, rapidly causing friction therefore causing combustions. being as this is not a common power no one knows how and if it will evolve further.

Luwein's Grandfather was an Earth Master, he taught Luwein to be in tune to the earth allowing him to never be caught unaware when in his natural surroundings. Luwein is blind but with meditation and a close bond with nature his senses are supernaturally refined, to where he can sense dishonestly and moods just by a persons voice not to mention almost having a radar like sight when barefoot and connected to the earth.

Weapons: Hand to hand, and a silver flexible pole that extends great lengths and retracts. sometimes he carries a large over sized mallet with him.

(Yous guys are already on page two!!! waiiiit up ahahah, i hope this is okay if there is any changes i need to make please let me know KG :]) Edited by Takuuya

• 2 months later...
Name: River Tam

Appearance: [IMG]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu106/Kristen10187/objects083-1.jpg[/IMG]

Personality: While at first glance she seems to be just shy and withdrawn, in truth the innards of her head have been toyed with and mutilated, and as a result, her mind has shattered into so many pieces that she might never be able to recover. She is prone to violent and sudden mood swings, though she never intends to actually hurt any one, though sometimes injuries do occur. She's also been known to viciously attack anyone who has shown her kindness and truly cares for her. Just as quickly she's been known to shy away. Medical examinations are often met with an unusual amount of anger and screaming, she's terrified of doctors and their needles. However, she still shows signs of being a brilliant prodigy and dancer, when she isn't simply wandering about. She has good days, and then there are her bad days. One can never be too sure just what's going through her mind. At night, her dreams are haunted by the nightmares of all that was done to this poor little girl, frequently she wakes screaming, not knowing is she's still asleep or awake.

Power: Hypercognition/psychotelemetry/empath/telepathy: As a result of the expierments performed on her, River has unparallelled psionic powers. However, this is constantly active, sometimes fading, sometimes screaming inside her head. She has absolutely no control over these powers, and it is also because of her powers that her mind has been all but completely obliterated. While River has no idea about what's really going on inside her head, it is because of all that she can sense that she can shoot or throw a weapon with deadly aim blindly. She's capable of amazing feats of agility and strength, but it is because she can will her body to do so. Despite the extremely through testing she has undergone, it is not known just what her maximum capabilities are.

Weapons: As a safety precaution, River is not allowed to handle a weapon of any kind.

Attached Video File of Subject's mental deterioration:

http://youtu.be/-5Wq4AOP-FU Edited by Inuyasha Fandom

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Hey Inu, I really hate to do this to you, but Mage, Dassem and I are already working on the end of this, but we do have another in the works for when I'm out of bootcamp, if you want to hold off on this until than we'd make sure to save you a seat, but on one condition brother, you gotta narrow your power down to one. lol. Again, I really hate to do this, cause I've missed you and it's good to see you back, but like I said, we're already planning the end of this one and leading into a new one that we'll have up in a few months if you wouldn't mind waiting for that one we'll keep you posted. I promise. [/color][/font]

I can do that no problem when the new witches is out. However, it was because of all that psionic power that has made her into what she is. I was just planning on using the telepath and hypercognition abilities. If you really want me to still narrow it down, then I will when I can post a sign up. Edited by Inuyasha Fandom

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Yeah there will be an audition for the next one, it's gonna be on another level than the last two have been, so we'll need new players. One Mage, Dassem and I have a story line mapped out and game plan in the works one of the 3 of us will get the sign ups going for it. We've already got a somewhat decent idea of where we're going with it, we just have to iron out a few kinks and what not. But like I said, once we do we'll let you guys know for sure. If you guys have any questions while I'm in basic, feel free to ask my cohorts, they should be able to answer.

And Inu, it would be easier to narrow it down, easier for us to keep a track on it if we have a lot of people in the group. lol. To many powers from one person makes it hard to keep track on it. lol. [/color][/font]

The main issue both Dassem and I are having with your character profile Inu is that it's not an original character. From the very name, we both know that's already a character used in Firefly. We've all used original characters either by creative thought or assistance with book texts or other means, you're pretty much taking a character from a series and adding it to the new story. I will admit the mental technicalities are interesting, but the excess powers have got to go. Also, change up the name and give a bio and what not. Be similar to River Tam, but start small then grow big.

Other than that, if we can see that in your sign up (the changes and what not) to your character, we wouldn't mind. But if not, sorry, but we've started this from the beginning and keep going strong, a character like you're has no room.

That's fine, and I understand. While her basic profile comes from Firefly (props on knowing about the show) I had my own way and ideas as to how she was going to be used for the purposes of Witches. As for powers, I personally believe that it will be easy to narrow it down, as two of them are just slightly different from one another, and a third is definitely similar as well, at least in operation and execution. When the new Witches has it's audition thread, you'll see quite a change, rest assured. Until then, adios.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Yeah, there is a new one in the works, we'll be using all new characters in this one since its gonna be pretty different. But it won't be for at least a month or so down the road since I'll be in boot camp. But certainly keep an eye out for it, and once I get out and get settled I'll be sure to throw a PM your guys way so you all have a heads up. ^^[/color][/font]

• 1 month later...