Boo Posted May 13, 2012 Posted May 13, 2012 I like cashews and almonds most probably. Honey roasted when possible. Pretty much to the point where I will eat til I explode. I have exploded several times now. However, walnuts are pretty awesome as well in autumney dishes and in combination with goat cheese and honey. Or with yoghurt. Nuts are great replacements Recently I found these great packages with dried fruits and nuts together. Not the standard boring ones with your favourite legumes in them and some currants, but with awesome nuts and cranberries or plums and stuff. Too bad nuts, and these packages in particular, are so expensive. I'm a poor student after all. Stupid system. Talk nuts here. What are your nuts? Are you nuts for nuts? Thank you very nuts.
Silver Mech Posted May 13, 2012 Posted May 13, 2012 I love nuts. I've ranked honey roasted the highest, but I've fallen in love with mixed nuts, especially those brazilian nuts. I think that's what they're called.
Petie Posted May 13, 2012 Posted May 13, 2012 [color=#0000ff]I'm a fan of cashews myself - they're always good. I don't think I've ever tried them honey roasted though. I'll need to give that a shot.[/color] [color=#0000ff]While not actually nuts, I also do really like peanuts. Honey roasted peanuts are especially good.[/color]
PancakeSyrup Posted May 14, 2012 Posted May 14, 2012 I love all types of nuts. However, I am sad, because I have a wisdom tooth coming in and it hurts to eat the hard ones. Pistachios have to be my favorites, because they have such a unique flavor and color and they are fun to crack. That is the nut I never tire of. Cashews are my second favorites. They are like peanuts, but like...ultra. They are also nostalgic for me. They remind me of outings with my mom when I was little. And peanuts are good, too. (Peanut butter ftw.)
Allamorph Posted May 14, 2012 Posted May 14, 2012 [FONT=Calibri][url='http://www.anuts.com/images/P/Pecan%20Halves-01.jpg']Deeze Nutz[/url]. [url='http://deliciouslyorganic.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/pecanpie2.jpg']Because[/url].[/FONT]
chibi-master Posted May 15, 2012 Posted May 15, 2012 (edited) Cashews and Pistachios are pretty much my favorite nuts of all time. Oh! And almonds! However, I hate peanuts. I can't even stand to eat peanut products, for the most part. Edited May 15, 2012 by chibi-master
Silver Mech Posted May 15, 2012 Posted May 15, 2012 What's everyone's thoughts on macadamia nuts? I've never had any, but I want to.
PancakeSyrup Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 You've never had white chocolate macadamia nut cookies?! Try them. They are to die for.
chibi-master Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 Macadamia nuts are really good! They have an odd texture, but the flavor is really light. They're good alone, but are best in cookies because they get even softer when cooked that way.
Allamorph Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Silver Mech'] [quote name='chibi-master']Macadamia nuts are really good! They have an odd texture, but the flavor is really light. They're good alone, but are best in cookies because they get even softer when cooked that way.[/quote] I should look for ome on [u][b]Amazon[/b][/u], then.[/quote] [quote name='Silver Mech'][size=5]I should look for ome on [u][b]Amazon[/b][/u], then.[/size][/quote] [quote name='Silver Mech'] [size=6][u][b]Amazon[/b][/u][/size] [/quote] [center][img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/lolz/reactionz/1336812246294.jpg[/img][/center] Edited May 16, 2012 by Allamorph Boo and Korey 2
Petie Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 Actually, Amazon has a [url="http://www.amazon.com/grocery-breakfast-foods-snacks-organic/b/ref=sa_menu_gro11?ie=UTF8&node=16310101"]Grocery & Gourmet Food[/url] department now.
Allamorph Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 [quote name='Petie']Actually, Amazon has a [url="http://www.amazon.com/grocery-breakfast-foods-snacks-organic/b/ref=sa_menu_gro11?ie=UTF8&node=16310101"]Grocery & Gourmet Food[/url] department now.[/quote] [center][IMG]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/lolz/reactionz/uhhh.jpg[/IMG][/center]
Silver Mech Posted May 17, 2012 Posted May 17, 2012 Amazon is going to take over all the shopping businesses in the world. It will be the end of days when it does.
Korey Posted May 20, 2012 Posted May 20, 2012 [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]For some reason I imagine the Schwann's foods guy becoming the Amazon foods person. Driving around the frozen food truck and stuff. But I love pecans. I put them in Pancakes, pies and in certain chocolate confections (chocolate covered pecans are amazing). Prailined too. OMG x-x[/font] [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I also love to snack on cashews if I'm up for something salty. Peanuts are hit and miss for me. I don't like the effort involved in picking off the shell, but then again I didn't like Planters peanuts that came out of a can. So I just end up being stupid and eating the peanut shell and all. Tasted pretty yummy >.>[/font] [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Something that isn't exactly a nut, but it's along those lines is Sunflower Kernels. I love those things to death. They're pretty awesome in salads and even by themselves if you're up for a more healthy alternative. Lightly salted ones are amazing. [/font]
Skye Posted May 20, 2012 Posted May 20, 2012 Candied cinnamon almonds; I'm addicted. Cashews are nummy. The only kind of peanuts I can stand to eat are boiled. I don't even like peanutbutter or peanutbutter anything. Pistachios are also quite tasty; I have good childhood memories associated with them. And Nutella. ******* Nutella. Unf.
Allamorph Posted May 21, 2012 Posted May 21, 2012 [quote name='Stephanie']The only kind of peanuts I can stand to eat are boiled.[/quote] [FONT=Calibri]ahhmagawd[/FONT]
chibi-master Posted May 21, 2012 Posted May 21, 2012 [quote name='Stephanie' timestamp='1337556234' post='711830'] The only kind of peanuts I can stand to eat are boiled. [/quote] STEPH NO YOU ARE MAKING A MISTAKE
Silver Mech Posted May 21, 2012 Posted May 21, 2012 I had a bad experience with pistachios recently. They were covered in garlic. I wasn't expecting it. And my dad was seriously pissed off because he hates garlic and was the one that bought the pistachios in the first place.
Allamorph Posted May 21, 2012 Posted May 21, 2012 [quote name='chibi-master']STEPH NO YOU ARE MAKING A MISTAKE[/quote] [FONT=Calibri]Posts like this are why we need a Dislike button. Except for [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR]. He would just dislike everything.[/FONT] Boo 1
Boo Posted May 21, 2012 Author Posted May 21, 2012 I have to heehee every time I scroll past [member=Allamorph]'s disagree-baby. Btw speaking of pistachios: Pistachio ice cream yes please. Speaking of ice cream: Snickers® ice cream "ahhmagawd"yes. Skye 1
Skye Posted May 22, 2012 Posted May 22, 2012 [quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1337561663' post='711832'] [font=Calibri]ahhmagawd[/font] [/quote] Inorite?! [quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1337568564' post='711833'] STEPH NO YOU ARE MAKING A MISTAKE [/quote] I live in the South. Boiled peanuts = unf. But regular peanuts pretty much make me gag. [quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1337579704' post='711837'] [font=Calibri]Posts like this are why we need a Dislike button. Except for [color=DarkRed]Boo[/color]. He would just dislike everything.[/font] [/quote] So would I, until the novelty wore off.
Dragon Warrior Posted September 3, 2012 Posted September 3, 2012 ... huh? I'm... I'm sorry, Boo. I have just been watching your avatar this whole time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now