OtakuBoards

Allamorph

FINAL SCORE: NE 28 SEA 24

That was, without a doubt, one of the best games I have ever watched. Except for that fight right at the end, truly worthy of the legacy of the title history. Both teams played their hearts out, and those last two 4th Quarter drives were absolutely ******* incredible. The last two plays of Seattle's drive were especially nuts. Seattle should not have held onto the football to get that 1st and Goal, and New England should not have been able to intercept it on the one yard line (or, alternatively, the Seahawks should have run with Lynch instead of passing, but whatever).

I don't remember having this much fun watching a professional sports game since I got to see the Carolina Hurricanes take the Stanley Cup way back in .... oh man, 2006, wasn't it? I had just graduated high school. Criminy, that was almost a decade ago now.

Anyway, no. Incredible, incredible game. The Patriots have proven themselves again, and absolutely no one can talk **** about Seattle having a freak program after taking their conference championship and then playing New England down to the absolute wire. Great football programs, great teams, great game, magnificent Sunday evening.
Edited by Allamorph

It was a fantastic game. I could tell by the end of the second quarter that both teams really were playing their hardest. The actual decisions made like you said were not always the best, but they were certainly putting as much as they had into the game.  I wish I cared more about the two teams, but other than the Seahawks crushing the 49ers (my team) in the normal season and my cousin liking the patriots I really didn't care much about the outcome. In the end, the team I rooted for won though, so I am happy.

Agreed on all counts. I'm not usually big on watching sports on TV (for the most part, it just tends not to hold my interest) but this was an awesome game, especially those last two drives. The back to back completely improbable events (Seattle's absurd catch and then the almost equally unlikely interception) certainly kept it interesting right through to the last minute.

Didn't watch the game, but saw the last 10-15 minutes. Best sequence of events I've seen in a while, although, I nearly threw my remote at my tv when I saw that catch (Pats fan here, but Shermon is that deal). And then I saw the interception, I just cracked up laughing (had money on this game too).

The fight at the end, though, could've done without it. Heard the halftime show wasn't good. Never was a fan of Katie Perry "shrugs"

I also tend not to watch games I bet on. That's just a good way to pop a blood vessil from rage or be totally stressed out when the game is close.

The half time show wasn't terrible or anything. I can't say I like Katty Perry either, but it was far from unwatchable. The fight however was an eyesore. I doubt anyone could question the drive or skill of either team, but that idiotic tussle reflected poorly on the players.

Missy stole that halftime show, hand down. Perry was actually pretty boring, and had too many costume changes. 

As to the game, it was so much fun to watch, though I didn't care about either team. I just root against Brady. That also seemed to be the consensus at the party I was attending. 

I kinda had reservations on Brady simply because he is so good that if he wins he may overtake Joe Montana... but I wasn't even watching football during that time (I'm a Steve Young fan.) Rooting for falure just isn't as fun for me as watching success.

I really didn't mind the outcome.  Either team could have won and I would still have been fairly okay.

I respect Brady.  He may be a bit of an arrogant asshole at times, but he's an incredibly skilled player.  Peyton Manning may be more intelligent in regards to the game, and may know the nuances of offense better, but Peyton doesn't have the same grasp of the overall game as does Brady, and certainly nowhere near the same level of intuition. 

But I live in Seattle now, and I would have liked to see the Seahawks win.  Also there are enough people here at work who are all on board the "I hate bandwagon fans" bandwagon that it would have made me very happy to see them all furious the Monday after.  If there's one thing I always enjoy, it's seeing people who embrace unreasonable points of view raging as they have to eat crow.
Edited by Allamorph