OtakuBoards

Lazy Foods

CaNz

Sometimes I get hungry halfway through discussion posts, but if I take too long cooking I lose my train of thought... or maybe I am just lazy.

This thread is all about what you eat when you are too lazy to get good food. As for me I went to cooking school, and over the years I have learned how to cook quite well. I still get lazy though. I am sitting here eating a baked yam dipped in melted butter mixed with brown sugar. The hardest thing I did was put 15 seconds on the microwave and hit START.

Your turn 0B!

omgye. Reminds me of popping carrots and/or parsnip in an oven with a chunk of butter and honey, syrup or brown sugar. I'd just take a dump or something, like reading CaNz stuff, and I'd come back and have awesome. Edited by Boo

I'm all about frozen foods. If I can throw it in the microwave for a minute and at least have something that doesn't taste like hot garbage, I'm set. There are some really good Lean Cuisines; mushroom mezzaluna ravioli, french bread pizza. Lean Pockets are okay. I used to eat those Amy's burritos a lot too. 

for healthier frozen options I have Green Giant steamers. right now my favorite is brussels sprouts but the honey carrots are also quite good. 

there is one non-frozen thing I can think of that's still super easy to make. you need a single serving cup of instant rice, a can of lentil soup, and a sweet potato (you can microwave those). all it needs is some curry powder. it's absurdly filling and has a good mix of flavors. it takes less than ten minutes altogether and you don't even have to pay any attention to it because it's being microwaved. IDEAL.

Edited by Saelig

I definitly eat too many frozen burritos. they are 25-33 cents at the store so they fit into my cheap first meal budget. I steal tons of taco bell hot/verdi sauce to make them tasty. Usually I stick with my instant ramen/egg/bacon bits meal though.

Also another quick food I eat is steamed rice. I can't eat it all the time, but I usually can fill up on just that and be happy.

I went to cooking school too! ^_^ I usually have homemade beans and steamed rice made here, so that's my lazy go-to food.  Well... last night I stayed up WAY too late. I ate Pockey and some black soy milk. I shouldn't have sweets so late at night but... anime marathoning makes me really really hungry. 

During the day when I'm super busy with deadlines I make a giant extra healthy smoothie and add in frozen bananas, strawberries, raw cacao nibs... 

I'm a constant inspiration!

I need more inspiration! What should I make now?

Oh yeah, man. I forgot about ma tater croqs. I keep a bag of them in the freezer at all times. 

I have always called them tots... which kinda makes me sound like a baby eater... so I think I should switch.

I need more inspiration! What should I make now?

I have the taste buds of a six year old. I eat sloppy joes a lot. lol. I also like to keep bratwursts in the freezer. They cook really quickly on the Foreman grill. Don't judge me and my Foreman, this is lazy foods. 

No judgements!

I am not gonna make either of those though... storebought brauts are just not the same... and tacos are like  joes but in a different starch/carb wrap.

I think I will make beef & broccli. add oystersauce and heat and its done!

• 2 months later...

Fried cabbage, dawg.

Coarsely chop about 1/4 head per person, sautee in olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic power (put away the fresh garlic Chef Fancypants, this is lazyfood), worcestershire sauce if you have it. Slice up about half a link of sausage per person (I like andouille) or chop up some bacon you fried ahead of time, and add that in after about five minutes. Sautee for about another five, serve immediately.

Hm, I'm always munching on something, but when the laziness gets real; I just grab sunflower seeds and a bottle of water. The only work is the mouth exercise while I type away! Although I do enjoy looking at Pinterest and feeding my mind with delicious recipes and making myself so hungry. Then in my head I promise myself, I will make these; yet opt for yogurt to ease my denial. When I feel somewhat lazy, I pop in some meltable chips and dip the strawberries; dries in seconds and bam! One of my favorite sugar/junk food quick fix is making a drink called "Morir Soñando", which in English translates to "Die Dreaming", what a name! Which consist of sweet carnation milk, orange juice, ice cubes and sugar. You do a quick blend and then pour; boom your sugar paradise.