OtakuBoards

Do you agree...

Break

[SIZE=1]I was browsing on the net today, looking at swords, when I cam across this really good website with cheap swords on sale. I asked my mum if I could get one and she told me I was being a bit "freakish" about swords, and it was just a phase... what is that meant to mean? And do you think I should be able to get one...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I was browsing on the net today, looking at swords, when I cam across this really good website with cheap swords on sale. I asked my mum if I could get one and she told me I was being a bit "freakish" about swords, and it was just a phase... what is that meant to mean? And do you think I should be able to get one...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
Are you going to use the sword in martial arts or anything? If not, she probably doesn't want to waste her or your money on something that's going to be hung on the wall and potentially dangerous. I dunno, I guess you can get one, and if this is a 'phase' you can learn from your mistake and it wouldn't of cost you that much money because it was cheap to begin with.

[color=deeppink]Yeah, it's definitely not just a phase. I think it's mainly a boy thing. I know there's girls who think swords are cool (I'm just not really one of them), but I know guys who were 16, 17, 18 even, who were drooling over swords when I was in Toledo.

For those of you who know nothing about Toledo, it is this very very old Moorish city in Spain that is famous for its Spanish swords. When I was there with the group I went to Europe with, we went to a sword factory and shop.

The males, needless to say, where the ones "ooh"ing and "ahh"ing over the fancy weapons.

Swords are cool...just not as cool as, say, a lightsaber...too bad those don't exist :(

[i]And yes, I know lightsabers are swords, "laser swords" to be exact, but I'm speaking of the metal-bladed kind...:p[/i][/color]

[SIZE=1]Well... I planned to buy them anyway.

[IMG]http://www.swords-online.com/data/shop/images/pa1008_large.jpg[/IMG]
This is the real one I want to get, $35 :)

[IMG]http://www.swords-online.com/data/shop/images/xl333_large.jpg[/IMG]
This is a practice one that I want to practice with, it's $13 :D

I was going to practice with the practice one and then when/if I am good enough I will use the real one, but mostly they'll be on display.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hot head [/i]
[B]well well that is a very weard question but if u want one get one [/B][/QUOTE]Ok, umm..... How is he supposed to do that, if his mum isn't allowing him? :rolleyes:

Erm..... That's what my mum says aswell, whenever I want something (usually to do with Warhammer)..... Sorry, I have no idea what to do. Hows about getting a job for pocket money, like a..... paper round job? Then you can save up, for all your swords..... :rolleyes:

[color=indigo]I don't think there's anything wrong with you getting a sword (unless it's just one that hangs on a wall, that you can't actually use). I myself collect knives. I carry over three knives on me at all times (not going to tell you exactly how many). :D

Here's a picture of an axe that I own:[/color]

[SIZE=1]I was going to buy it myself! I have enough money! *points to wad of notes in a bucket* see?

But... I don't know which to get >_< is anyone here an expert on swords, and could they tell me if a Ninja or Samurai sword is better...

EDIT--
I can't get one from that website now... it was so cool... but plus shipping priority and shipping distance, it comes to--$123.94 :(

:bawl: DAAAAAAMN!!! :bawl:[/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1]I was going to buy it myself! I have enough money! *points to wad of notes in a bucket* see?

But... I don't know which to get >_< is anyone here an expert on swords, and could they tell me if a Ninja or Samurai sword is better...

[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo] I really doubt that it matters much if you get a set of Samurai swords, they should come in a pair, a short sword and a longer sword, the short for ritual purpose the long being the killing sword (although Miyamoto Musashi revolutionized the Japanese trend by developing a fighting style using both blades at the same time), or a straight battle sword.

It doesn't matter because the quality will be fairly poor unless you are willing to spend quite a bit of money. However, if it is just for decoration buy the Samurai swords...they generally are better looking, and get a bokken or a wooden sword to practice with...[/color]

[SIZE=1]Yeah, I was gonna get a straight sword... but you know the reason they are so cheap? Because the shipping is so expensive... ¬_¬ damn them...

Anyway, you're talking about Wakizashi's (short sword) and Katana's (long sword). But now I don't kno... this is a conversation between me and my dad.

dad: what are you going to do with it?
me: ........
dad: you can't take it outside.
me: ... I know...
dad: well, I'm not having you swishing that sharp thing around here, ok?

So basically... I can't get one...

:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:[/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1]Yeah, I was gonna get a straight sword... but you know the reason they are so cheap? Because the shipping is so expensive... ¬_¬ damn them...

Anyway, you're talking about Wakizashi's (short sword) and Katana's (long sword). But now I don't kno... this is a conversation between me and my dad.

dad: what are you going to do with it?
me: ........
dad: you can't take it outside.
me: ... I know...
dad: well, I'm not having you swishing that sharp thing around here, ok?

So basically... I can't get one...

:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]He wouldn't even let you take it out in the backyard? That stinks...
Swords and knives are cool.[/color]

*agrees with jg*

I myself and currentlly looking to get a sword...but if you really want a sword for any kind of use...it should be custom made and not just bought from a mass producers...the weight has to sit right in your hand and it's balance has to be perfect for your frame of body...but that cost a lot of money >.<...hhe I have a friend who's father is a blacksmith and might make me a long sword ^^ *rruns around happy like* custom built to fit me too...yay!!...err sorry guess that dosn't help...about your parents...just gonna have to wait till you can get it on your own...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I love swords, always have, always will, I'm probably more than normally usual, fascinated with sephiroth's masamune, my god I want that sword.... [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]heh...

Friend of mine has several swords...calls one of them his "sister-chaser-away-er"....heh...[/FONT]