OtakuBoards

Young Love

Sui Generis

[COLOR=deeppink]Well, it depends on how mature you are. Most teens I know wouldn't know love if it came up and zapped them with a Thunderbolt. But teens who have matured to the level of adult could easily love someone.

*sigh* I really need to figure out how to make these things sound as good in typing as they do in my head.[/COLOR]

I agree about the maturity thing. It really just depends on the people. Although, some girls at my school are so immature. Their idea of "love" is being so obsessed with the *temporary* b/f's that they end being dumped:p dorks (actually, they're the preps!). This one girls got dumped, then had a new boyfriend the next day. That's just stupid. It's nothing even close to "love". Like Nerdsy said, most teens wouldn't know love if it bit them in the face.<----well, that's not exactly what he(?) said.....:whoops:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]dorks (actually, they're the preps!) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Architypal stereotypes suck :p

Edit: Actually, I should elaborate on that a bit. I just think it's stupid when people are labled and crap like that. It's stupid.

Take me for example. I'm sure that most of you really don't know that I'm a HUGE dork internally...like I love Star Wars and video games and being online...I like everything that is considered "dorky" by modern day terms.

And I don't want to get vain or cocky here or anything (because I'm not like that), but I'm sure that most of you have seen my picture. Would the word "dork" and my face fit together if you saw me for the first time, just passing on the street? Maybe, maybe not...but more likely no than yes.

Gah, point being, don't sterotype "preps" (most people think I'm one...and I'm not) or "dorks"...because you never know who you're talking about.[/color]

Personally I don't think it's possile, for guys anyways. I think a relationship could grow to true love later, ut teenage guys, and I know, I'm one of em', are just a jumble of hormones ready to explode. These are our most shallow years, nad I wouldn't trade them for any sort of true love, writen in the stars mumbo-jumbo.

[color=deeppink]I do think people in high school can be in love... it all depends. I am very much in love with my boyfriend and I am a senior in high school. I think it depends on the person who you are in a relationship with and if the two people in the relationship are mentally capable of love.
Most teenagers do not know what love is.... and I am not saying that I do... I just think I do!:D Sometimes teenagers just want to be in love but they actually are not. But from what I know of it.... love is pretty cool! :love: [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Architypal stereotypes suck :p

Edit: Actually, I should elaborate on that a bit. I just think it's stupid when people are labled and crap like that. It's stupid.

Take me for example. I'm sure that most of you really don't know that I'm a HUGE dork internally...like I love Star Wars and video games and being online...I like everything that is considered "dorky" by modern day terms.

And I don't want to get vain or cocky here or anything (because I'm not like that), but I'm sure that most of you have seen my picture. Would the word "dork" and my face fit together if you saw me for the first time, just passing on the street? Maybe, maybe not...but more likely no than yes.

Gah, point being, don't sterotype "preps" (most people think I'm one...and I'm not) or "dorks"...because you never know who you're talking about.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

You're right, completely. I was kidding about them being dorks. I'm a dork, not them(and proud of it!). Also, I really don't call them preps, and they're my "friends". At least, the peoples I hang out with. They drive me insane. I only called them preps because one in particular used to be all sporty and stuff, and now she's into dressing like a slut, and all boy-obsessed, not that there's anything wrong with it. She's just, not cool anymore. But I didn't really mean "dorks" or "preps". I don't actually label people.

[SIZE=1]Sure it can happen. Rarely, but yes it can. I, myself have never really "loved" another. Although, I do really really like this one girl, but I don't let myself say I love her, because love is too strong of a word to just throw around.. But I do really really like her alot :)[/SIZE]

Everyone is capable of loving.. but being in love is different.. it;s a subconscience thing.... but I think it's possible But there are people i know that think they are in love but aren't it's the whole 'lust' thing... But there are people I know who are actually in love and they act different then the people who just lust. (hey that ryhmed) But I think it had to do with their maturity level ...

I guess what I am saying that there is a thick line between love and lust

[color=indigo] I know that you can find love at just about any age. The only girl that I could ever say that I have had true feelings for was a girl that I was friends with in Elementary school. I still think about her, she was so brilliant and so beautiful. I'm sure if I saw her now I would still be in love with her, although it would probably be one sided. But yes it is definately possible to fall in love in middle school, it is just hard to keep it from getting mixed up with lust with all of the hormones kicking in. You just have to be sure you enjoy being around that person no matter what people think and you have to be sure that you are not just attracted to that person physically....

By the way, although I comment on my looks equating to that of the hunch back of Notre Dame, Quasimodo, I am not nearly that ugly. Nor do I think of myself as a dork. I think that the only true dorks are people that conform only for the sake of conformity. So as long as you know that you are an individual you should have nothing to worry about.[/color]

ok I have one thing to say about what all yall are saying....your all coming at this to rationally...Love isn't a rational though...but a very irrational emotion...it can't be defined for it is different from person to person. Love is possible for all human of all ages...it just shows up in different forms depending upon maturity and age...like a 9 year old kid isn't going to show is love through sexual expression...although an adult or even a teen might...now I do agree many people, and I may be getting defensive, but not just teens, adults included, mistake lust for love. I had to include that last part because from my view as a teen way to many adults forget that they do just as many stupid things as we do...umm anyway back on subject... So IMHO young love is possible...just how it shows and feels will change from person to person...and the emotion itself will change...sometimes ending...I hope that never happens to me and my love though :/

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]I want to know your opinion....is it truly possible to actually love LOVE someone during your teen years....MS/HS?? [/B][/QUOTE]
It's possible, from where I came from, people get marry when they're 16.

Yea it is. I don't know about fitting maturity into things but I do believe in it.

I miss Kayleigh more every day she stays in Cornwall (and it's been ova a year now :eek: :bawl: ) There are days when I can't eat because I'm thinking and worrying about her. I'd been her best mate for almost 4 years before she left and all that time I cared about her so much. Just as she was leaving I also realised that I wanted more from her than just friendship..but I didn't say anything and she just left.

I love Daz with my heart and soul. I instantly wanted to be close to him the 1st day I laid eyes on him (and the 5 years (still counting) afterwards) If the greatest thing I could do for him was to give my life then I would...please don't think I'm rash...but if it was a choice like his life for mine then I would go along with it as long as he promised not to hate me for it. There's never a day or night I'm not thinking about him and everytime I see him I still melt inside :heart: I just want to be able to make sure his life is great for him all the way through, and I realise that might mean me not being there, but I'd still wish for his happiness everyday...

Heh, I say I love Jay and yea granted I cared about him for over a year...but with everything that's just happened it's made me realise that he's more something I want than something I need...and I can live without him it'll just take a while for me to stop saying "I want my reatard back".

-------------------------------------------------------------

I think there are two ways you can look at love (if that sentence makes any sense in relation to this next bit) :

"I want someone who wants me...someone who doesnt need me...but who truely wants me" -- because then you're very specail to them because they chose to be with you.

or....

"I want someone who needs me...not someone who just wants me...someone who really needs me" -- because that's sweet as well and if they feel that they need you they are more likely to try and stay with you.

Well i basically don't beleive in love because I've never received it outside of family. Actually, love is a slight metaphor...just think about it! But this is about you and I do think that love can be created during times like these...but it's just "puppy love" and really on the boundary of "liking" someone very much! So good luck in your prob-solving!;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]I want to know your opinion....is it truly possible to actually love LOVE someone during your teen years....MS/HS?? [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it depends on your definition of love. I think that the [i]mature[/i] kind of love takes a long timwwe to devolop. Mid 20s at least, unless under extreme circumstances.