OtakuBoards

Getting Made Fun of at school for watching DBZ? If so how do you feel about it?

Krillen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I haven't been to school in a loooong time, and when I did, I never talked about it much because no one knew anything about dragonball since it was not even dubbed at the time.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Wow, how old r u Sephiroth. I had thought Lady, 23, was the oldest here. I wish i had known about it way back then.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Krillin6913 [/i]
[B]your 40 and yur living in your parents basement, that is sooooo pathetic, get a job, a wife(if you can), and buy a new house for god sakes.

ps dont come hunting me down and killing me just cause you can drive. [/B][/QUOTE]
Nah, he is joking. He is really 16, he told me. He even put a pic of himself in the old otaku. He is a comedian, watch out for that fella.

[B]altho our school has no anime freaks (no offense meant) in it,...our class all love DBZ. In fact, sum ppl get bullied 4 not watching it! (yes, [I]veeery weiird[/I])
But our mosta our school thinks cartoons r g@y, so it weird. No1 picks on our class, coz there's 30 o us. (altho it hasn't got inta them yet tha there's 60 o them 4 every 1 of us...:) )
Stupid ppl....[/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][B]altho our school has no anime freaks (no offense meant) in it,...our class all love DBZ. In fact, sum ppl get bullied 4 not watching it! (yes, [I]veeery weiird[/I])
But our mosta our school thinks cartoons r g@y, so it weird. No1 picks on our class, coz there's 30 o us. (altho it hasn't got inta them yet tha there's 60 o them 4 every 1 of us...:) )
Stupid ppl....[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]
Wow *daydreams* bullied 4 not watching dbz. that is da lif!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]
Wow *daydreams* bullied 4 not watching dbz. that is da lif! [/B][/QUOTE]
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bullied 4 not watching dbz pinch me imeither dreaming , drunk , or i gotta quit sniiffing this rubber cement, wow..........................

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Saiya-jin [/i]
[B]Ummmm...I'm 23 and I like DBZ and tell the people that make fun of you...when they are in college and there is nothing else to do.....you'll catch everyone watching DBZ....so there:p [/B][/QUOTE]
Y, is that wat happened in ur college?

[COLOR=crimson]man. I feel sorry for the you people that get made fun of because of it. actually, it's the dorks at my school that watch DB/DBZ(when/where the heck is DBGT on!?!?!?), pokemon, and digimon. And in my lil group of Semi-popular peoples like Sailor Moon. But I'm not sure if it's just me or what, but everyone seems to respect what I watch and do. I'm like almost best friends with the popular peoples(girl and some of the boys). And the ones I'm not friends or almost best friends with are people that are all right. Or that one freak that has a major crush on me. YAH! He changed schools. :rolleyes: Sorry bout that last part, he's just really gross. I'll stop talkin bout me now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Well when I first got into Dbz,I didn't know anyone who liked it,and I never told anyone about it(I was shy). When I got into 7th grade,all my friends were watching Sailor Moon kind of things. I just don't get into that,SM is just a little to.. Girlie... I never told anyone I liked dbz,yeah some people did make fun of others for whatching it at my school. In 8th grade almost my whole math class loved dbz,of course thier was this one kid,Jim,uh... I hated him,every time I would say something about dbz,he would say I was wrong. He said he was whatching dbz,and Gokou went Ssjin 16. But anyways,the others were real nice about it. When i would talk about dbz,they would all listen in amazment,lol,of course that could have had something to do with them wanting to go out with me. I had a VERY small math class though. But I hope this year,now that I'm starting High School,maybe their will be more ppl into Db/Z/GT.[/COLOR] :)

I know how you feel. I'm 1 of a 3 person group who like anime particularly Dragon Ball Z and Gundam Wing and we always have to keep our anime interests hidden coz' everyone says that manga and all related material is crap and gay and that only geeks watch the stuff. I believe you should be free to like what you want and have no-one diss you for it because it's your style not theirs!! This issue really bugs me at school coz' you cant talk about it alot.
[[email protected]]Email me[/EMAIL] :devil:
[URL=http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/JCFTTD/magus.mid]Music[/URL]

I get teased every day, always the same thing, walk into school and everyone starts trying to power up, and my so called friends stand there and laugh. The day goes on and I forget about it, but when it comes to lunch I prepare myself for more teasing. I use to let it get to me but know I think why let it get to me? They're gonna do it anyway, so just carry on with your life, You only get one, stand up for yourself and be proud to be who you are!
(words of wisdom)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]
Nah, he is joking. He is really 16, he told me. He even put a pic of himself in the old otaku. He is a comedian, watch out for that fella. [/B][/QUOTE] Thats right I am the almighty COMEDIAN!! BWAHAHA!:devil:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Goku-SSJ4 [/i]
[B]I get teased every day, always the same thing, walk into school and everyone starts trying to power up, and my so called friends stand there and laugh. The day goes on and I forget about it, but when it comes to lunch I prepare myself for more teasing. I use to let it get to me but know I think why let it get to me? They're gonna do it anyway, so just carry on with your life, You only get one, stand up for yourself and be proud to be who you are!
(words of wisdom) [/B][/QUOTE]

thats some deep **** ssj 4, thats how it was every day for me, but then i just said to my self, i will never draw or talk about dbz when i am around the so called populars, it sucked cause i kept wanting to draw it, and when you get made fun of you cant do anything about, so you just hold it all in till you explode!!!! i beat the **** outa these two kids cause they called me gay and they ended up bein my friends, they think that dbz charaters are always constipated and there talking doesnt go along with there mouths. and let me add another thing, you dont just have to like anime and be geeks, get in to some sports and go outside, i play all the sports. im not saying you dont play sports im saying IF you dont play sports. so here me out peeps.

i hear wut all of u r sayin. 95% of my skool i anti-anything anime. but the big haters are against dbz. ive converted 2 of my friends to like dbz and gundam wing and outlaw star (yes, theyre dubbies). and i converted another friend to cowboy bebop. i cant draw anything anime or wear any anime clothing. and i only mention the words from the animes when i no that only my friends will hear me. i keep my anime collection in a drawr in my room, so that non of my anti-anime friends will find it. and ive hidden all my anime pics and eps. in a folder that is called Backup, so that nom one is suspicious. its hard, but i love my anime, even if others dont.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by No-Name [/i]
[B]i hear wut all of u r sayin. 95% of my skool i anti-anything anime. but the big haters are against dbz. ive converted 2 of my friends to like dbz and gundam wing and outlaw star (yes, theyre dubbies). and i converted another friend to cowboy bebop. i cant draw anything anime or wear any anime clothing. and i only mention the words from the animes when i no that only my friends will hear me. i keep my anime collection in a drawr in my room, so that non of my anti-anime friends will find it. and ive hidden all my anime pics and eps. in a folder that is called Backup, so that nom one is suspicious. its hard, but i love my anime, even if others dont. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=coral]How can you call people who can't respect the fact that you like anime, friends?? That's a d@mn shame if you ask me......[/COLOR] :o :rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Foredaddy [/i]
[B] Thats right I am the almighty COMEDIAN!! BWAHAHA!:devil: [/B][/QUOTE]
hiya Foredaddy! long time no see!:D:D

anywho, coincidentially most of my friends like some sort of anime (mostly DBZ, but a couple like Gundam stuff). hehehe, I get play-teased for liking Ranma 1/2 and Fushigi Yugi (most of my anime buddies are guys, they're not really into liking the more [i]quote girlie[/i] stuff:p). everybody else either knows about it and calls it gay, or knows about it, calls it gay, and then watches it anyway (them stuuupid closet fans*:flaming:*)
whenever somebody asks me what I like watchin', I just tell 'em, since they're the ones that wanted to know anyway. I won't try ta push the subject on them if they don't wanna hear about it, but if they give me problems about it (the girls mainly, "you [i]should[/i] be too mature for that stuff now"), I tell 'em off pretty quick, and they don't bother me about it anymore.