Bremma Posted December 31, 2002 Posted December 31, 2002 Well, I tend to only name my team Pokemon. My last set was.. Blue: Venusaur- JungleRage Ninetails- VolcanoFox Pikachu- ThunderRat/CHU Sandslash- DesertSand Gyrados- RapidRiver (temp) Fearow- WindPlume Articuno- TundraWind Mewtwo- Psycho And my current one... Blue: Bulbasaur- Viner Spearow- Windy Geodude- Stoned (much fun to take out of the Pokemon box!)
Juu Posted January 1, 2003 Posted January 1, 2003 [color=deeppink] [size=1]Hmm... Now that the topic's back, here's a few nicknames for my recent party. ^^ (Yellow Version) Vaporeon: Celestine Seel: Juubee Dewgong: Ariadne Kadabra: Audriee Snorlax: Drowsee (Can get very confusing ^^;) Articuno: Saphirre (Green Version (PC)) Venusaur: Asilier Eevee: Aino Vaporeon: Oasis Nidorino: Impact Chansey: Lavender (Gold Version) Vaporeon: Celestine Pichu: Naiady Seel: Juju (Seel's name in Korean) Dewgong: Illusion Rapidash: Imsirion Abra: Mallow[/color] [/size]
Wormmon's Tamer Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 Suicune: Speedwell Entei: Firebolt Raikou: Stormrider Ho-oh: Fawkes Lugia: Windu
Makai Kite Posted January 5, 2003 Posted January 5, 2003 I haven't named very many. Here are the ones that have nicknames from my current game of Crystal... I restarted it recently... Me- Marika Totodile- Chino Poliwag- Mono Pidgey- Rinna
GinnyLyn Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 Ah, the memories...^^ Marill: Pikablu Drowzee: Sleepy Snorlax: Garfield Oddish: OddRaddish Ekans: Viper Grass Starter: Floras Water Starter: Aquas Fire Starter: Pyras Ampharos: Amphy Gastly: Ghastly Nidoran (m): PoisonKing Nidoran (f): LadyPoison Mew: Myuu Mewtwo: Myuutwo Magikarp/Gyarados: Leviathan Snubble: Snarl Onix: Onyx I always tried to get the meaning of the name in the nickname, if I could.
Kei Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [color=royalblue]lol. Juu always makes sure she's got a Vaporeon on her team. I love Water Pokémon too, but Dewgong's my favorite. Okay, enough off-topicness. (Crystal) Feraligator: Raynedrop Pidgeot: Razrtalon Furret: Silka Entei: Didn't name Raichu: Raijin[/color]
Break Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [size=1][color=crimson]I have never [i]ever[/i] given my Pokemon nicknames, but my brothers had some funny ones, until one told the other to name all Pokemon in his party "Yellow", which is so original because he has Yellow version.. My other brother called his Beedrill; Beebum.[/size][/color]
BigCajones Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 I used to give my pokemon names on the earlier versions which was usually quite ignorant of me as it had something to do with the pokemon's state of evolvement at the present time, so when it evolved it looked stupid. Sometimes silly old me clicked on choose a name when I didn't want to so it brought up the menu, I clicked OK or enter (it stays with that Pokemon name through the whole game which is really annoying especially when searching for pokemon in Bill's PC and for example it says Abra when it's really an Alakasam :mad: ) Now I just can't be bothered to give my pokemon names it's just easier as I don't play it too often so I'm most likely to forget what I named it lol. :worried: Grant :naughty: p.s I always name trainer, rival trainer and so on though.
Sheikahmon Posted January 15, 2003 Posted January 15, 2003 Hey, Talen, have trouble with Thunder using Thunder? Try Whirlpool using Whirlpool (by the way, that's my Gyarados). Mewtwo: MIRACLE (as in genetic miracle, while I'm just a fluke) Mew: don't have a Mew Aerodactyl: QUICKSILVE(couldn't fit the R), SUNNY, SUNSHINE Ho-oh: RAINBOW Lugia: SEABEAST (should probably rename it BLU EYES WHT or something) Gyarados (Red): RED (how original) Noctowl (sparkly like Ash Ketchum's): HEDWIG Paras/Parasect (gold): GOLD Eevee/Espeon (female): PSYCHE Eevee/Umbreon (male): KITE and TWILIGHT Eevee/Umbreon (female): MAGIC (as in "Dark Magician... Dark Magic attack!") Sandshrew (male): PICKY Smoochum: GLITTER ...And lots lots more! I do a lot of nicknaming.
Kevin Posted January 18, 2003 Posted January 18, 2003 These are from my blue version: Blastoise- Riptide Charizard- Inferno Vensuar- Purgatory Pidgeot- Breeze Starmie- Starshot Zapdos- Tazer Flareon- Blaze Vaporeon- Tsunami Jolteon- Bolt Moltres- Torch Articuno- Polar That is just some. I think I nicked all the pokemon, lol.
Imp Posted January 20, 2003 Posted January 20, 2003 The only Pokemon I have that doesn't have a nickname is my Alakazam in Crystal! I traded Alakazam from Yellow. Then, I restarted the game in Yellow. So, therefore, Alakazam will never have a nickname. Anyway, here are some of the nicknames for the Pokemon I have: (note: I may post these same Pokemon later by mistake... I can't really keep track of who I posted) It will be posted as something like: Pokemon name: Nickname. [u]An Introduction to my Nicknamed Pokemon[/u] Mr. Mime: Quidditch Espeon: Mikey Nidoking: Midas Vaporeon: Aurora Dragonair: Magic Charmeleon: Charca Ivysaur: Pansy Stantler: Hypnotica Furret: Tricksy [u]Silly Nicknames[/u] Gastly: ?! Gastly: ??? Magikarp: Garidose Pinsir: Owww... Pinsir: OUCH!! Miltank: Got milk? Electrode: KABOOM!!! Muk: SillyPutty Nidoqueen: Sexy Mama Sandslash: Sqweek! Koffing: Cigarette Koffing: Marijuana Phanpy: BigFatBaby Geodude: The Rock Tentacruel: JellyBelly Furret: Cutie! Pineco: HELP!!! Qwilfish: ImOnHelium Mankey: ...Oops! [u]Nicknames That Are Just Plain Weird[/u] Lapras: Flipper Lapras: Flipper Jr Butterfree: Wormy Butterfree: Applesauce Sudowoodo: Fake Tree Farfetch'd: Mr. Onions Poliwhirl: Mr. Toad Jigglypuff: Goodnite Sentret: PB/J Otter Mankey: grrr... Flaaffy: Baa Golem: Rocknroll Psyduck: confused Pikachu: Mama Chu Magnemite: - Xatu: Celeby Arbok: Kobra Krabby: Pyncerz Ditto: Pink Blob Dodrio: Weird Bird Tangela: Alegnat Snorlax: zzzzz... Cleffa: Peter Pan Totodile: Surfing [size=1]PKMN[/size] [u]Pokemon Named After Anime Characters[/u] Victreebel: James (Pokemon) Alakazam: Sakura (Cardcaptors) Sandshrew: A.J. (Pokemon) Nodoking: DeDeDe (Kirby) Jolteon: Veemon Alakazam: Mewtwo Corsola: Kirby Gligar: Arukenimon Jumpluff: Leafmon Jumpluff: Palmon Jumpluff: Vegiemon Fearow: Birdramon Rhydon: Digmon Snubbull: Calumon Sudowoodo: Elm (Pokemon) Murkrow: Cassidy (Pokemon) Natu: Kaiser (Digimon) Gastly: Bakemon [u]Pokemon That Are Named After Their Japanese Names[/u] Dugtrio: Digda (Diglett) Charmeleon: Lizardo Eevee: Eivui Rattata: Koratta Magby: Boober (Magmar) Igglybuff: Purin (Jigglypuff) Venomoth: Morufon Vileplume: Ruffresia Elekid: Eleboo (Electabuzz) Magneton: Rarecoil [u]Pokemon Named After Characters I Created[/u] Dragonair: Kyomon (dragon Digimon) Mantine: Aquanatine (Pokemon; evolves to Mantine) Meganium: Loatifir (Grass-type starter Pokemon) Hypno: Dreemist (Pokemon; evolves from Hypno) Hypno: Driavamon (angel Digimon) Pidgey: Cheeby (evolves to Rhyhorn) Lanturn: Yelidote (evolves from Lanturn) Starmie: Starla (evolves from Bellossom) Goldeen: Atrupi (starter water Pokemon) Misdreavus: Zuliarmon (ghost Digimon) Misdreavus: Patacata (evolves from Misdreavus) Togetic: Cheepchi (evolves from Togetic) Togetic: Fairysum (twelve tiny fairies from the planet K-12) Weepinbell: Trillia (evolves from Sumibelle, see other Weepinbell) Weepinbell: Sumibelle (evolves frpm Weepinbell; alternative to Victreebel) Clefable: Clefantasy (evolves from Clefable) Qwilfish: Qwyls (Mouse La-La Knight) Wigglytuff: Tigglykuff (evolves from Wigglytuff) Xatu: Hatu (evolves from Xatu) Feraligatr: Trititian (starter water Pokemon) Yanma: Byzados (mothlike Pokemon) Ledian: Psyledia (evolves from Ledian) Pikachu: Kira (Fox La-La Knight) Crobat: Marx (Marx Starburst, a fairy from K-12) Growlithe: Legendra (evolves from Arcanine) Alakazam: Leviosa (psychic-type hamster Pokemon) Alakazam: Bunny (Dark/Psychic-type bunny Pokemon) Porygon 2: Virtualmon (virtual Digimon; demented butterfly) Kingdra: Queendra (evolves from Seadra; alternative to Kingdra) Parasect: Wishta (mushroom Pokemon; not a bug) Typhlosion: Conrogue (starter fire Pokemon) Drowzee: Masuket (Ice La-La Fairy) Whoa... that's a lotta Pokemon! :wow: I'll add more later!
Sheikahmon Posted January 22, 2003 Posted January 22, 2003 Himme- defined as a contraction of "hit me" Larvitar/Pupitar (Female): TYRA Vulpix (Female): VIXIE Growlithe (Female): ROARY Suicune: AURORA Raikou: LIGHTNING Entei: VULCAN (after the Roman god of volcanos) Igglybuff/Jigglypuff (Female, got egg in a trade from my sister, because I couldn't catch my own Jigglypuff if my life depended on it): IGGY Weedle (Female, I think): BUGSY ('cause Azalea Town's Gym Leader is so CUUUTE! :blush: :love: ) Teddiursa (hasn't hatched yet, caught an Ursaring and got it with my Ditto): TEDDI Shellder: N/A I want to get a Shellder that's holding a Pearl. I've caught a bunch and thrown them all back. Gligar (female): GLYGIRL (yes, it's spelled wrong, sosueme)
Bandit Joeykuba Posted January 28, 2003 Posted January 28, 2003 Some of my Pokemon's names: Umbreon- Moon Bane ((Bane=Destruction, so Moon Destruction)) Typholsion-Fire Bane ((Fire Destruction)) Suicune-Hydro Bane ((Hydro=water, so Water Destruction)) Snorlax-Shock ((That was the state I was in when I caught it... I caught it with a lvl 7 Pichu... O_o)) Pichu- Bzzzzzzzzzzat Nidorina-Barb Geodude- Block Head Sudowoodo-Wigglez Marill- Pikablu ((The rumored name it had before PKMN G/S)) Miltank-Moo-Moo Azumarill-Hydra Slowbro- S L O W Gyrados (Red)- Blood Wave Marill- Bloo dratini- Love Bane ((Love Destruction... Death by love... How... fun...)) Togetic-Eggman Pikachu- Electron Pichu-PIKA Pikachu- Feral Imp Aipom- Monkey Tentacool- Jellyfish Pinsir- Kabuto ((Type of beetle, if I'm correct)) Ekans- Kobra Kai Smoochum- Miss Kiss Scyther-Grim Reaper O_o... That's all I can name for now...
Imp Posted February 8, 2003 Posted February 8, 2003 Hee hee hee... you're like me; you named a Pokemon after another Pokemon... a Pinsir named Kabuto, huh? Yep, Kabuto is a Pokemon! And so is Mewtwo! (That's the nickname of one of my Alakazams.) Whoa... we have a mind reader here! So, you named your Entei Vulcan, huh? When I catch an Entei, I'm gonna name it Hephaestus! That's Vulcan's Greek name (I think it is; not sure)! What a coincidence!
Sheikahmon Posted February 13, 2003 Posted February 13, 2003 *Gets torched by her Ninetales (VIXIE)* What's this about catching a LV 50 Snorlax with a LV 7 Pichu? Wow. Umm... other nickies (some provided by my best buddy, whose Silver game went bust) Dragonite: Silver(her choice, I woulda called him Kaiba, i.e., that extremely cute idiot on Yu-Gi-Oh!) Houndour/Houndoom: Joey (the Yu-Gi-Oh char that Kaiba is always calling a "chihuahua"... looks like the little chihuahua did some growing up, neh?) Um... my buddy's calling, gotta go!
Erika Posted March 12, 2003 Posted March 12, 2003 I like nicknaming my Pokemon, but if they're ones I won't use, I give them a stupid name Here're some of mine: Electabuzz-Spazer Magmar-Vulcan Alakazam-Magister/Kami Blastoise-Boomer Tyranitar-Tempest Scizor-Falchion Pikachu-Stinkpot Marill-Mizuchu Suicune-Inu Legend Raikou-Inu Raimei Entei-Inu Moeru Fartfetch'd-DOOF Cleffa-Bi Rapidash-BULUMPS Yeah, I got a lotta nicknames. I think it's fun naming them!
Zanarkand Abes Posted April 11, 2003 Posted April 11, 2003 Quilava- Gambit Pidgeotto- Razorwing Charizard- Zippo Mew- Psy Celebi- Tidus Those are some of my Pokemon's nicnames.
Erika Posted April 11, 2003 Posted April 11, 2003 Blaziken-Alundra Zigzagoon-Choko Plusle-Rikka Minun-Rikku Kyogre-Hoenn Absol-Li Tropius-Fiorae Feebas-Jeebas (hey, it stuck!) Pichu-Chui Igglybuff-Stinky Aggron-Bardock Crobat-Batballs Machop-Stone Cold Vulpix-Colby Delcatty-Skittles Tentacruel-Spike (and it's female ^_^') Wobbuffet-Wobbles There ya go!
John2 Posted April 17, 2003 Posted April 17, 2003 I finally got a silver version, but now that those 2 new ones are out I feel behind in the times... But I have given everyone in my team a nickname: Quilava-Hephaestus Kraby-Posiden Onix-Gaea Pidgeotto-Hermes Weepinbell-Demeter Nidorino-Ares Togepi-Eros Natu-Artemis Scizor-Vulcan Haunter-Somnus Sunflora-Ceres
Hyper Posted April 17, 2003 Posted April 17, 2003 I'll just use my Ruby Team, and few other faves. Blaziken - "Pepper" This is my favorite fire name. All my fire starters will be named this. Except for Torch my [Silver] Typhlosion, he will always be original. Groudon - "Godzilla" In memory of my Tyranitar from Silver. I have to keep the name alive, lol. Manectric - "Sparky" In memory of my Ampharos from Silver. I miss my old Sparky. Now if only I could put him in my Ruby game. Gyarados - "Typhon" In Greek mythology, Typhon was the terrible serpent dragon that Zeus defeated before he became king on Olympus. Gardevoir - "Anima" Well being a Psychic type i wanted her nickname to have somethign to do with the mind. Animus is the [masculine] Latin word for mind, so I put in first declention to get the femine word, Anima. No connection with Anima from FFX. Rayquaza - "Ultima" Well he [i]is[/i] the strongest Pokémon. I would name him Ultimate, but it didn't have a nice ring to it. So then I partly named it after my friend's username, Ultima Legacy. ^___^ Tropius - "Nirvana" Its a tropical Pokémon, so wanted his name to have something to do with paradise. Then came Nirvana. No relation to the band. Kyogre - "Aquarius" Seemed to be the perfect fitting name. I don't actually have this Kyogre though. Yet.
Guest Crimson Spider Posted April 18, 2003 Posted April 18, 2003 I'm mainly too lazy to go to the name rater, but the nicknames of my pokemon are Tentacruel: Venom Sanslash: Tremor Magmar: Blaze Zapdos: doesn't have one Meganium: Sundew (A carniverous plant that traps insects and lizards in its red hairs and digests them) Snorlax: Jougernaut (Have to leave out a "G" because there is not enough space. My yellow nicknames are the same. I'm also raising up a shuckle (take forever) that I call Granite.
Ryan Posted April 20, 2003 Posted April 20, 2003 [font=Kabel Bk BT] I got a hold of my friend's gameboy and named his unseparable Mew, Gordy! Gordy the Mew. Ha! Got a good laugh out of that. He ended up hating me for a day. That was so funny.[/font]
Guest Musahi Posted April 20, 2003 Posted April 20, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i] [B][color=indigo]The thing about doing that, though, is that they see the real thing before the next round of attacks... So it doesn't actually do any good, unless they can't recognize the Pokémon... In that case they won't know what you're using, but if they recognize the Pokémon it won't do any good.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Nope, that isn't true. For example: "Cyko is going to use Blastoise, will you switch pokemon?" If you do, and I just named a Magmar, Blastoise you would have the wrong pokemon out. And I could get at least one attack in. ;) I am not to good at Pokemon nicknames but I named my Totodile (now a Croconaw) Typhoon. *shrugs* It seemed to fit at the time.
Ryan Posted April 21, 2003 Posted April 21, 2003 [font=Kabel Bk BT] Charizard= Spitfire Blastoise= Water-spout Gyarados= Twister Raichu=Shocker I will have to go check my game to find some more.[/font]
Desbreko Posted April 21, 2003 Posted April 21, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyko [/i] [B][color=darkblue]Nope, that isn't true. For example: "Cyko is going to use Blastoise, will you switch pokemon?" If you do, and I just named a Magmar, Blastoise you would have the wrong pokemon out. And I could get at least one attack in. ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]Well, unless they changed it for G/S/C and/or R/S, you can't switch out Pokémon when you knock out one of your opponent's Pokémon. Yours stays in until you switch it out instead of attacking, or until it gets knocked out. Or maybe they changed it in one of the Stadium games... I know in R/B/Y, though, you couldn't switch out when you KOd an oppnent's Pokémon.[/color]
Recommended Posts