OtakuBoards

Being 18+

Guest Saiyangohan2002

Guest Saiyangohan2002
[color=green] I'm 18, now legally an adult . I tried my first Jim Beam Bourbon & Cola and had a great time. Still waiting for my 18+ identification card. That will give me unrestricted access to bars & clubs. So its been an eventfull week for me. Now with the New Zealand general elections coming up, I can finally vote for my favorite party. which is awesome considering many people overseas die to get this right. and i can get it for free. ah democracy.

So, what do you think you'll be doing when you turn 18. what will be your big thing. And if youre already 18, or the legal age in your country. what was it like? any friendly advice for the years ahead?

With great power comes great responsibility - Ben Parker (spiderman movie) . like trying to stay sober! [/color]:devil:

Guest cloricus
Um well having done most of the things that legally you have to be over 18 to do I don't know.
Except maybe doing them legally.
My advise... have fun. Oh yeah Happy Birthday!

[color=royalblue]Heh...yeah, you have to be 21 in the United States to do a lot of the stuff you can do here at 18.

Being 18 is great...nothing like going to a big nightclub and ordering the most alcoholic drink on the menu. Beheh.[/color] :drunk:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Heh...yeah, you have to be 21 in the United States to do a lot of the stuff you can do here at 18.
[/B][/QUOTE]

And so on the seventh day, God created fake IDs. ;)

Besides buying cigarettes and joining the armed forces, I don't reckon there's much to do at 18 years of age here. Seeing as how I don't smoke, and I'm a scholar rather than a fighter, I'm pretty much screwed, lol.

At least I can live on my own though. :toothy:

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

And so on the seventh day, God created fake IDs. ;)

Besides buying cigarettes and joining the armed forces, I don't reckon there's much to do at 18 years of age here. Seeing as how I don't smoke, and I'm a scholar rather than a fighter, I'm pretty much screwed, lol.

At least I can live on my own though. :toothy: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Well, you can also go into an R rated movie by yourself, buy M rated video games, and get the chance to call up one of those stupid commercials that says you have to be 18 years or older to call, heh.

Of course, the only one out of both yours and mine that I can see myself doing is buying M rated video games. Not that my parents don't mind buying them for me, but then I don't have to bother them when I want one.[/color]

:blah:

I turned 18 just half months ago, but all it really means to me, is that I can FINALLY leave the church (for philosophical reasons)!!!

I'm really a "boring" person, I don't drink or smoke, but somehow the idea of BEING ABLE TO warms me!:D

I feel a lot more "free", eventhough nothings really changed: I still live with my granny. But small things, like having a mobile-phone connection to your own name and stuff, they make the feeling.

It's the small things, is my advice. When you turn to 18, you will not be an adult, just your duties grow. It won't actually "rock your world", but everyone should try to enjoy it in their own way.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B][color=teal]buy M rated video games.[/color][/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]You have to be 18 for that? ... I've gotten an M rated game before, I'm 16 right now, and this was a year or two ago. I guess cashiers just don't care... which also explains why I am able to buy parental advisory CD's when I'm technically "under age".

I think the main the I look forward to when I turn 18 is finally being out of my parents' consent. That's all really. Then eventually I'll move out and probably do the same thing I am now. Sit down in a chair nad play on the computer. :p[/color]

You're supposed to be 17 for M rated games, but a lot of people don't check. I was carded for Conker's Bad Fur Day back when it came out lol.

I really don't care about turning 21. I could get any drug or drink right now if I wanted to (my dad even built a bar in our basement, and it's [i]loaded[/i]). I'm straightedge, sooo it's going to be like any other birthday heh.

[color=deeppink]It's actually not that hard to get (and even buy) cigarettes if you're under 18. Kind of like how it's really easy to get alcohol if you're under 21.

Though being stuck at 17 when all of your friends are 18...that's no fun at all V_V;[/color]

18 is not realy that big in the States. Yeah your legally an adult, but thats about it. At age 17 you can get into R rated movies and by PA cd's. But theres no much at all that comes along with being 18 here.

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]You have to be 18 for that? ... I've gotten an M rated game before, I'm 16 right now, and this was a year or two ago. I guess cashiers just don't care... which also explains why I am able to buy parental advisory CD's when I'm technically "under age".[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Heh, that's the idea of a rating. At my local electronic store, they wouldn't even let me LOOK at Metal Gear Solid 2 because I was under age. And, as you can see, I just got my mom to get it for me, and I'm quite happy with the game. :)

I always hear of how cashiers don't care at all these places, so I suppose where I go is always an exception. I'm 14 right now, and that person almost stopped me from looking at Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 if I hadn't told them my age. Sheesh.:drunk: [/color]

:blah:

I turn 19 later this month. Yeah its true going to R rated movies is about the only thing you can do. I really don't care anyway since I don't drink or smoke (and never will too.......really!). Nowadays if you're smart enough you can get all that stuff without a Fake ID. Like I said, I don't drink or smoke but I can easily get them if I wanted to. (gotta be 21 here) Anyway, I'm gonna go and think what to do for my last 'teen' year......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i]
[B]...Nowadays if you're smart enough you can get all that stuff without a Fake ID. Like I said, I don't drink or smoke but I can easily get them if I wanted to...[/B][/QUOTE]
really. some ppl'll just [i]give[/i] that stuff to you, it's fairly easy to get...

when I turn 18, it'll be around the beginning of my senior year, so it's not really gonna be all that special. I don't drink or smoke, and won't be doing either of those then anyway, it doesn't suit my Constitution. and since I'm still gonna be in high school, it'd be pretty pointless to get my own place, cuz it'd be really crappy considering my lack of $$$, and then I'd have to just ship off to college a couple months later anyway.
probably the most satisfaction that I'm gonna get out of it is that my parents won't be able to say jack about what I can and can't do. course, they could threaten to kick me out or something (they wouldn't go through w/ it though cuz my dad would be too worried about his reputation >.<'), but I don't really do anything bad enough for something that extreme, so they'd be stuck with me. or I could just leave and go see Anna up in college whenever things get especially edgy (providing I have $$$ to get there) :D.

[quote][i]Originally posted by amibasuki[/i]
[b]or I could just leave and go see Anna up in college whenever things get especially edgy (providing I have $$$ to get there) [/b][/quote]

That's right, Sparky! Hopefully I'll have a place all situated when I'm 21 (that's when [u]she'd[/u] be 18). Now, when [i]I[/i] turn 18, as of 66 days from now-yes, I counted :p-I'm going to have a BIG ol' party! MAN that party is just going to KICK major BUTT! We'll being all the down-n-dirty stuff....... lots of cake and ice cream, pillow fights, balloons, heck, if we're *really* feeling wild, we might even play........................... *whispers*[size=1] Pin the Tale on the Donkey!![/size] OH yeah, bad to the bone.......

just so you know, I was being rather tongue-in-cheek up there. While I won't have a keg party, I also won't be carrying on antics such as pinning a tale on a donkey. In all honesty I have no clue what we'd do, but we always have a good time anyway, and that's all that matters. :mrt:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]

What does that even mean? I've never understood that saying. [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess a mix of sarcasm, dry wit, and plain silliness. At least that's how [u]I've[/u] always interpreted it. I don't know why it's called "tongue-in-cheek" myself though. Perhaps you have to bite your tongue in the process........ :confused:

Guest Saiyangohan2002
[color=green] Tounge In Cheek means you're being sarcastic basically.

oh yeah, I almost forgot, I bought Grand Theft auto 3 on the day I turned 18 heh, now I can have some real fun :devil:. Yeah, apart from being able to drink, go into R - Rated movies, and vote. there isnt much else. It was a fun weekend!

btw - Me and Anna seem to have posted at the same time lol! [/color]:laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyangohan2002 [/i]
[B][color=green]btw - Me and Anna seem to have posted at the same time lol! [/color]:laugh:[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]If at the same time means 4 minutes apart, then yeah! You're right, by george! Lol...

Have fun with GTA 3. I know I did. :) It always helps to have connections to your brother, lol. He always hooked me up with stuff I couldn't get cause I was under age.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B]It always helps to have connections to your brother, lol.[/B][/QUOTE]

Damn right. Big brothers can get you into any place and buy you p...action movies. Yeah...action.