OtakuBoards

does anyone draw thier own anime?

DBZanimeFreak3

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]Yes, I do draw my own anime, which is great if you want to escape reality and do a series that makes total sense in your own head, heh.

My drawing is a somewhat clash between Dragonball Z and Final Fantasy. On one hand, we have the art of Dragonball Z in the facial features and muscles, and then we have those huge Final Fantasy swords. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about! And now that I think about it, the hair is kind of ripped off Old Ben in the first Star Wars movie (episode 1), LOL. ;)

Let's see, his name is Yamakota Kishibuu and he is bounty hunter. Doh! I took that off Cowboy Bebop![/color]

:blah:

Yeah, I have alot of my own creations, but I also like drawing characters that already exist. The only thing I don't like about drawing my own characters is that I have the worst time trying to draw them in a pose of some sort or something.

[color=crimson][size=1]I draw my own anime creations and I do alot of fanart. I post alot of it in the Artwork forum if you would like to look up any of my threads. I also have alot of it posted on my website, which you can look at by clicking the link in my signiture. But yeah, you just do what your heart leads you do. Sometimes I get really inspired when I see other people's artwork. I want to do my own manga series one day, but I haven't built up my skill level enough yet in my opinion. I just like to draw poses and stuff, not really much of the other stuff.[/color][/size]

I don't do my own anime characters. What I do is take existing art and change them around. The most recent creations I've done is like taking a standing picture of Zero from Megaman X and change his armor completely like giving him a metal sword, have a different arm gun and several other extras. I have drawing skills, its just that I can't do some of my own and it takes me large amounts of time since I'm always trying to prefect it. Basically I can only copy existing pictures without tracing and change them to my liking. :-\

I made up my own anime. I'm still workin on changing it into a manga though. Anyway, it's called 'Last Word' and it has the same feeling as cowboy bebop, but, it's still a completely different thing. Alot of my friends like it. I love workin on it!! ^_^

[color=red][size=1] Actually, my best friend and I are an anime comic team. I can draw pretty well, but I'm better at writing, so I take care of the dialouge and such, while she does the writing. (She's a professional art student.)[/color][/size]

i must be nice to have your friends to help with your own. my friends think i' m off my rocker watching anime. to them its corny ( can't spell) so i never talk about it in front of them. any way i've been working on my creations, but it seems hard to make them pose. my sister is helping, but she makes them look almost like they' re a nickelodeon cartoon. so i draw in my spare time, mostly late at night watching the midnight run on toonami or adult swim.

well, i don't really, but i spend a lot of my time working on a little series i draw called "Sandbox Martial Arts" and it's pretty much a bunch of preschoolers. Most of them do a lot of fighting, but there's a little love triangle here(yup, in preschool), revolts against the teachers there, ya know. I normally just whip out a piece of paper, draw a ridiculously oversized head, and then draw the body doing something. then i'll draw another character corresponding wit the first. BIG HEADS ROCK!

oh, and does someone have a better name?

I've only done a handful of anime drawings. I did a berserk Eva 02 (got a 100 for it), Kawaru from Eva (a 95 or so) and some game characters like Sonic, Mario, and Link. I think I do pretty good. I've never really tried to draw before I was forced too. With some practice I think I could do very well. But if I was part of a animation team I would rather stick to the writing than the animating.