OtakuBoards

First Game.....

GhostofSalvtore

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=indigo]Actually, it goes Metroid, Metroid Prime, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, for the storyline... But Super Metroid was the third game to be made, and right before the title screen it says "Metroid 3."

Usually when you're giving games numbers when they don't actually have them in the title (except maybe one or two of them, like Metroid II), most people tend to just number them by when they came out, not by the storyline. Like with the Zelda series, A Link to the Past is called Zelda 3, not The Wind Waker, which, if you were going by the storyline, would be Zelda 3.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I played the original Super Mario Bros. game for the NES, that was the first game i had, and i was good at it too, at age 4-5! It was a SMB/Duck Hunt combo so i also had Duck Hunt as well as the light gun thing
----------------
My first game that i knew of as an "RPG" was Poke'Mon:eek: . I wish i had known of rpgs earlier, like when Phantasy Star I and II were out. I remember seeing them at the store, but not knowing what the were......But now i have Phantasy Star Collection for GBA!:box:

• 1 month later...
The first game I played was Double Dragon for NES. But the first game I ever beat was Kid Icarus, which is also for the NES.

Both of them are classics.

[size=1][color=blue] The first game which I beat was...Mario Kart for the Super NES. But the first game I played that hooked me to gaming was Golden Eye 64 I would sit and play it for like 6 hours straight with my brothers for weekends straight.[/Size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steiner
My first game that got me hooked would have to be metal slug in my home towns little arcade. geez i loved that game

• 2 weeks later...
"Super Mario Bros. 1/Duck Hunt" for NES, they were my first games. "Super Mario Bros. 3", I absolutly loved. The first game I really ever finished was "Super Mario Sunshine". "Banjo-Kazooie" is my all time favorite game. Finally "Mario Kart 64" got me into racing, party, fighting, ect. games.

My first video game ever was Pokémon Red. I ended up beating it with only:

Lv. 97 Venusaur
Lv. 2 Caterpie
Lv. 12 Geodude
Lv. 11 Kakunda
Lv. 7 Pikachu
Lv. 3 Weedle

And it took me an hour to figure out how to leave my house..lol
That was the moment of my life with the least video game skill.

Hahahah that brings back old memories of Super Mario Bros. 3 and oatmeal creme cookies.....when they were still good

Anyways, I used to play SMB3 all the time and, eat........oatmeal cream cookies, its only a memory though, I dont' know how i could eat so many....:P

The game that got me hooked on gaming was Contra 1. I played it over my cousin's house--rather, I saw it being played and tried to play but wasn't allowed. I was fascinated by the NES and got one either that Christmas or the next year's. The first game I had ever beaten was either Super Mario Bros 1 or Contra.

My dad and I stayed up until Midnight one night so he could teach me how to beat SMB. Good memories. My dad ruled at Duck Hunt and the Clay Shooting variation.

Contra was the ultimate cooperative game, which meant I beat it with my best friend, Steve. When that Red Falcon heart began thumping faster and faster and exploded, Steve and I looked at each other, our eyes wide with excitement and wonder. We both knew what the other was thinking: "Dude, we just beat Contra!"

Guest RoninDragon
The first game I ever played was Mortal Kombat for the PC. I never beat it though, I couldn't get past the part where the doubles were. First you would fight Rayden, then another character would jump out.

The first game I've ever beaten was probably Double Dragon 2, or SMB3. When I was younger I couldn't get enough of those games.

haha, XeEmo. I can relate.
When I was younger, I had trouble with SMB at first, but got better, like you did.
But I play SMB Deluxe on Game Boy Color now, and I find myself dying more than I did back when I was 5. My reaction speed is totally messed up. I used to be able to time jumps into bricks so I'd hit a few Goombas in a succession. Now I'm more comfortable unleashing fireballs on them from a Fire Flower.
I guess the comfort using projectile weapons comes from playing FPS so much...

Im impressed with my 3 year old brother, just recently he started playing SSB, and he's pretty good at it. that would be his first game he knows what he is doing, he can even make it to the Master Hand and put up a pretty good fight

• 4 weeks later...
Well, technically, my very first game was Duck Hunt as well.. But I was really little and I didn't get into the gaming..

What REALLY got me hooked was Kirby Superstar when I got my SNES and this game when I turned 7.. I still go back and play it sometimes...