Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
I play the trumpet and the guitar. I started playing trumpet because I wanted to be in band and their weren't any other good classes. I play the guitar mainly because it's fun. That's pretty much it.
Posted
I play the piano. Say I don't, because I have some really stupid friends who can't even play two hands together, and I'm sick and tired of dealing with them, but yeah, I play the piano. Bordering on five years now.

Great way of annoying my sister when she tries to sleep . . .
Posted
[color=red][b]I play the bass guitar. *check the sig*[/b][/color]
Posted
I can't play anything, but I can (barely) read music and I'm trying to get my dad to teach me bass guitar. Once someone tells me where C is, I can play sheet music on the piano (very slowly).
Posted
I play tenor and alto saxophone... Was in some school bands as well as various side bands kids would make outside of that (jazz groups and such).

I play some keyboard and guitar when I get a chance, but I'm not very good at either (I mostly rely on tabs for guitar playing).
Posted
I play the drums: snare drum in marching band as well as the drum set. I'm better at snare for the moment, simply because I practice it more...... kinda have to. ^_^ Anyway, besides drums, I can play piano (I can read the music, but I suck at sight-reading), and I know a bit of guitar, mostly power chords.

Oh yeah... I play because I love it. Music is me. I love playing music. I've been playing drums since 7th grade, soooo that would mean....... ::counts in head:: I've been playing for about 5-6 years.
Posted
I played the Clarinet for 3 years and the bass clarinet for a year. I've given up both now since we have a nasty band in High School. I loved playing my clarinet though. We had some really great music with beats that just stuck in your head for days. ^-^
Posted
As for me, I play French Horn and Alto Saxophone.

Anna, that's nifty you're in marching band. I am as well. ^_^ Currently, I'm learning Flute, as I'd like to march it more then the Alto Saxophone.

Out of curiosity Anna, is your marching band competitive?
Posted
[size=1]

I used to play the recorder great a few years back. Currently I play the trombone, going on three years! Oh yeah genkai_yyh!! I can play the piano/keyboard a little bit but you will have to cover your ears to listen. I have played my dad's violin a few times and brought out a few tunes but nothing more than that. I can play my cousin's trumpet which is very easy. I have tried my other cousin's clarinet but I wasn't too good on that. Neighter with saxophone. I suck on the flute too! I can play a few notes on the guitar but I really don't like the guitar. That is a lot of instruments lol, but most of them I can't play, but play a few notes. That is about it. Oh wasn't there a topic about this a while back?[/size]
Posted
Sylph- Yep, in fact our first competition of the season is next Saturday. o.O scary... We're only A/AA though, our band really downsized when we got our new director about two years ago. Everything's on the uptake now however, so hopefully we'll do better this year, and I think we are. What's y'all's show? We're doing "We're An Amercian Band", "American Woman", "Amazing Grace", our drumbreak ~_^, and "Georgia On My Mind". In case you can't tell the obvious, our director wanted to have a patriotic show. >_< Oh well, at least it's a little original in its own right...
Posted
I've been playing the drum kit for a bit over 4 years I think. People say I'm pretty damn good, but I think I'm pretty crap considering how long I've actually been playing. I started playing the guitar a little over a year and a half ago, and it's heaps of fun. But the drumkit is easily the most enjoyable of the two.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]Sylph- Yep, in fact our first competition of the season is next Saturday. o.O scary... We're only A/AA though, our band really downsized when we got our new director about two years ago. Everything's on the uptake now however, so hopefully we'll do better this year, and I think we are. What's y'all's show? We're doing "We're An Amercian Band", "American Woman", "Amazing Grace", our drumbreak ~_^, and "Georgia On My Mind". In case you can't tell the obvious, our director wanted to have a patriotic show. >_< Oh well, at least it's a little original in its own right... [/B][/QUOTE]

Congratulations, and good luck in your competition! ^_^

Our first competition was just this Saturday. Although, we were hosting, so we didn't actually compete. Our first actual competition is next Saturday. We're a group three band, though, numbering around sixty/seventy members. Oh, and don't worry about the downsizing of your band. I'm sure after people get used to your band director, things will build back up.

Our show is titled, "Images in Contrast". It's made up of three movements, which I can't seem to remember the titles of at the moment. They're wonderful pieces, and the person who wrote our drill (Nate Holland) wrote for Drum Corps, so as you can imagine, it's difficult/exciting stuff. This is going to be an incredibly successful year. Last year, the show (Ghost Train) landed our band in the top 20 of ACCs (Atlantic Coast Championships), so I can only speculate what is to come.

Again, good luck in the competition! =D Band Geeks Forever!
Posted
NoodleZ, you ARE the absolute coolest person on the boards!!!!

anyway, uh, our marching band isn't competitive, cause ours is the best, and the biggest. our team plays schools with twice the school members, but half the size f our band..

our high school won the state champs 2 years in a row, and made it to the finals last year. it was like 32 straight games of winning, and about 12 straight games without getting scored on or something.... i don't really care, but go strath haven, or whatever.


im in jazz band, and jazz is my life. jazz, chorus, anime, and,er, girls i guess *blush*:p
Posted
Oooooh, Drum Corps......... ::hears heavenly singing:: Wow, that's great about your band. ::high five:: See, one thing I don't *particularly* like about our director is that we don't have "pieces" or movements for our music.... and I wish we did because MAN that stuff's the best, when the music *really* moves you. But, I guess I can kind of see why we do mostly song-type songs.... like songs you hear on the radio re-arranged for a marching band. We're too small to produce the type of sound necessary for the type of music y'all do, and we don't have enough instruments. We have... like 36 musicians total, and then a lot of auxillaries. So yeah.... but thanks for the wishing of luck! We'll be needing it! ::crosses fingers::
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sylph [/i]
[B]If so, please share which instrument, and why you play it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I play the drums. Because I love them. Its a passion just like sports and martial arts. I practice every day, and I have a band too. I love it!
Posted
yeah, i love music, but i don't practice. i dunno, if it's something that i REALLY want to learn, maybe, but for the most part, it's all just drills..... stupid arban's book is a beast.
Posted
I play the violin, viola, cello, bass, bass guitar, and bass drum...well let's just say I'm obsessed with basses. My mom got me started in the strings and I just worked my way up.
Posted
Heck yeah, I play an instrument. I play the trumpet. In fact, I'm wearing my band letter jacket right now! Our school is in the middle of marchig band season. Anyone who has the opportunity to do marching band should. It's well worth it!
Posted
I play the trumpet. I really would like to take piano lessons so i could learn to play the Zanarkand Theme from Final Fantasy X, i really like how the piano just can leave a tune stuck in your head. I just want to learn how to play the piano so badly...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...