Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 My friend is totally ingoring me just because she knows I like Anime. She hates me cuz I'm in love with Yu Yu Hakusho, DBZ, and Cowboy Bebop............she just started to ingore me even though she's known for a long time. I don't know what her problem is. Last year we were best friends. Now all I hear are rumors about me coming from her. It's not like I go around school going "Yu Yu Hakusho!!! DBZ!!!" I only tell my friends that I like anime (either that or people look at my binder). But still, she shouldn't hate me just because she dosen't like anime anymore. I guess her "boyfriends" are more important to her than her friends. Signed in great sadness/depression, Yusuke Urameshi
Tigervx Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 THeres a thread called anime fans icsolated! dang, LOOK BEFORE YOU MAKE A THREAD MAN!
Sui Generis Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 Aw I'm sorry to hear what happened. HOw old are you anway? Its really stupid when people do this. I went through that last year. Their argument is "Anime is for nerds and little kids." Although anime is truly a sophisticated art, if they can make an anime and have it successful more power to them. Its stupid....
Sara Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tigervx [/i] [B]THeres a thread called anime fans icsolated! dang, LOOK BEFORE YOU MAKE A THREAD MAN! [/B][/QUOTE] Yes, brilliant point, and good call on using all caps. I'm sure the new member knew perfectly well that there was a thread halfway down the page in another forum dealing with this subject. Where would this board be without you? __________ And I'm sorry to hear about that, Yu Yu.....do you have a nic we could call you? ;) It turns out that many of my 'IRL' friends enjoy anime--a good deal more than I do, actually--so I can't say I've had any problem. Best to you. -Sara
Kent Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 sorry about your troubles fella. also dont let these guys get you down, they enjoy jumping on the first thing people do wrong. just try to follow the rules and sometimes their rules. it makes things easier, and the main man, james, is a reasonable fella. although i would suggest deleting this just so that once its closed it woulnt congest the boards. once closed you cant even delete it. and dont worry, if you put this stuff in another thread, some of us will read it. maybe even most of us. who knows... good luck with the girl, just dont let her get you down, and hell if things are obviously really bad, just confront her. just dont get beat up by her boy friends.
Charles Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 A friend who dislikes you simply because you choose to watch anime isn't really a friend at all. I don't know if this is really about anime though. It sounds like she's just going through puberty or something and taking a greater interest in boys.
James Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 [color=royalblue]I agree with CWB 100%. If she doesn't like you because of Anime...then she's not your friend.[/color]
wrist cutter Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 I think we're only getting a limited perspective on this story.
Mitch Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 [color=red] It's called prejudice, people. Learn to live with it. Because it'll be around till you can't comprehend it anymore. As others have said, if someone dislikes you because you like something which they hate, then obviously, they [i]aren't[/i] your friend. A true friend would give his/her opinion on the subject, and leave it there. Not go as far as to discriminate and let their opinion rule our what they think of another.[/color]
Guest Voodookanaka Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 lol, your friends wierd, really wierd, to not like someone coz of what they watch is a bit f**ked up really. ***** slap em, they aint worth it :)
Boo Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=royalblue]I agree with CWB 100%. If she doesn't like you because of Anime...then she's not your friend.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Yep... Same answer here! :)
vegeta rocker Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i] [B]I think we're only getting a limited perspective on this story. [/B][/QUOTE] it does sound rather odd that she would dislike u over such a mediocre thing such as animation. Pray tell, did you happen to compare her to a monster in one of your shows? Did you......... break a traditional event to stay home and watch a anime call her baka remove all her pictures from frames and put anime instead say that if she only used more make up she would resemble botan tell her to gel your hair so it would look like vegetas and have her foot the bill if u did none of these i feel for you.
Kei Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 [color=blue]I went through the same thing when I first got to high school. I told a few friends that I was into anime, and they snubbed me. It's not like anime fans go around school shouting "Pikachu!" or "Kamehameha!" (At least I hope not o_O'') Just because someone likes animated art from another country doesn't mean you shouldn't give them a chance. They might turn out to be really nice. Luckily for me, I found some people that are into anime just as much as I am. I'd just forget about her, and find some new friends if I were you.[/color]
Foredaddy Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i] [B][color=blue]. It's not like anime fans go around school shouting "Pikachu!" or "Kamehameha!" (At least I hope not o_O'') [color] [/B][/QUOTE] um....hehe...yeah what a bunch o weirdos. hehe [B]KAMEHAMEHA!!![/B] oops! :devil:
Genkai Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 yeah, for a lot of opinions on this, ty the thread that tigervx wass talking about. it's in the anime lounge. anway, you have a common problem. but really, if you try to hang out with her and she snubs you, dont hang with her. if you try to hang with her and she lets you, try not to talk about anime,. i mean, i don't like to talk to someone about something i dont like. try that.
amibasuki Posted October 9, 2002 Posted October 9, 2002 [FONT=arial]do you know for sure that she doesn't like you anymore because you like anime? you never know, it could be about something else, if you haven't talked to her about it yet. either way, she's being extremely immature by spreading rumors about you. you're probably better off not being around her anymore.[/FONT]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo Posted October 10, 2002 Posted October 10, 2002 Hey don't worry about it man, chances are like CWB and others said she's going through puberty. Though as for people not liking you based on the fact you like anime it is rather sad if this is the case. Anyone on this board knows that my anime collection is infamous *points to sig* don't worry about it some people are just very ignorant. Personally I've never had the fact I like anime effect friendships or dating situations, usually people base their friendships on the person you are inside not what you like. So keep your chin up the girl will come around eventually just give it some time.
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted October 10, 2002 Author Posted October 10, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B]Yes, brilliant point, and good call on using all caps. I'm sure the new member knew perfectly well that there was a thread halfway down the page in another forum dealing with this subject. Where would this board be without you? __________ And I'm sorry to hear about that, Yu Yu.....do you have a nic we could call you? ;) It turns out that many of my 'IRL' friends enjoy anime--a good deal more than I do, actually--so I can't say I've had any problem. Best to you. -Sara [/B][/QUOTE] Well, geez, I didn't know that there was a forum for that? I just feel kind of depressed! You don't have to get on to me like that..... :(
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted October 10, 2002 Author Posted October 10, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vegeta rocker [/i] [B]it does sound rather odd that she would dislike u over such a mediocre thing such as animation. Pray tell, did you happen to compare her to a monster in one of your shows? Did you......... break a traditional event to stay home and watch a anime call her baka remove all her pictures from frames and put anime instead say that if she only used more make up she would resemble botan tell her to gel your hair so it would look like vegetas and have her foot the bill if u did none of these i feel for you. [/B][/QUOTE] I've done all that times 10. I've said, Kutabare Bakarou (if you don't know what that means PM me).....which is bad enough, if you know what I mean. I asked her, just today at after school band rehersal, "Are you mad at me or something?" and all she says is that I'm annoying her and she just rolls her eyes at me. Don't worry though, I've never had pictures of her ANYWHERE.....only Yusuke, Hiei, Vegeta and the rest of the gang. I just wish I could get back at her for what she's done to me. We were best friends last year. I just don't know what happened. Oh yes, and about what someone said earlier, the problem IS about anime. I mean, c'mon, NO ONE goes around saying, YU YU HAKUSHO!! or DRAGONBALL Z!!!! Not even the most die hard fans (hopefully). I know her enough to tell what she's pissed about. But I don't know what Anime and our friendship have to do with each other. I never even mention Anime or anything or that sort around her. Oh well, I don't need her. I have more friends then she could ever count. -Yusuke Urameshi
wrist cutter Posted October 11, 2002 Posted October 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i] [B]Don't worry though, I've never had pictures of her ANYWHERE.....only Yusuke, Hiei, Vegeta and the rest of the gang. [/B][/QUOTE] And there lies the heart of your problem.
zidane11 Posted October 11, 2002 Posted October 11, 2002 I'm ignored even though people don't know I like anime. If they did know I liked it then they would just ignore further. That's my life story.
Imp Posted October 15, 2002 Posted October 15, 2002 Well, I do feel sorry for you. Now I'm afraid that's going to happen to me! I am a BIG fan of Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptors, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Sailor Moon! I guess I'm THE official anime girl!!! Heh, everybody must think I'm a :freak:, huh? I am! Say hello to Taikura, Mrs. Big Nose, Hypnotica, whatever my "micknames" are. Oh well... :( I do feel bad for you. And I envy you; I can't wait to see what your binder looks like! :p Oh, Hypnotica's going a little overboard with the info here... Oh well... (starts singing one of her songs) :sleep:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now