Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. Wir Sind Helden's new album is out. Schweet.
  2. [quote name='Sandy' date='25 August 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1282766142' post='699836'] There's a bit too many questions in there, though, so the least you could do would be to show an example and answer them all yourself first. [/quote] no wai D: [quote name='Allamorph' date='26 August 2010 - 05:47 AM' timestamp='1282794446' post='699856'] [font="Calibri"]Congratulations, [color="#8b0000"]Boo[/color], you have just made an entire thread of tilder.[/font] [/quote] 'tire thread of [i]whut[/i]? [quote name='CaNz' date='26 August 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1282809900' post='699867'] tilder=TLDR=to long... didn't read. [/quote] ... Far-fetched. Silly children slang.
  3. I just finished the first two Harry Potter books in the past days. I think I'll have to read the rest too.
  4. So. Probably 3 years ago I figured a lot of the repeated questions could all fit into one thread. And then I figured I might as well start that thread. Thus, I present to you: THE ULTIMATE OTAKUBOARDS PROFILE! I just decided to wait a bit because of the OtakuBoards TimeCapsule event that looked slightly like this, but here it is anyway! The point is that you can answer all the ridiculous standard questions here that you'd otherwise would have to reply to each separate opinion/religion/history/OB Family/etc. thread! Tell me what important stuff I missed and I'll edit this opening post. I took the liberty of filling in the answers to some of the more obvious questions. [quote] [b]Current Display Name: Username: (your Log In name) Previous Usernames: Join Date: Usual Name IRL: Age: Gender: Member Picture/Description: Desktop screenshot: Do you play any sports?: What do you study?: Job: What languages do you speak/write?: Location: Religion: Opinion on Religions: Sexuality: Opinion on homosexuality: Political opinion: Opinion on Political Opinions: Operating System: Opinion on Operating Systems: Do you text/call while driving?: Opinion on Texting/Calling while driving: Opinion on Evolution Theory: Opinion on Tasing: Opinion on Health Care: Opinion on Abortions: Opinion on Euthanasia: What does your user name/display name mean?: What members would you like to meet?: OB Family: Ninjas or Pirates?: Chicken or the Egg?: XL Basic or Wet Paint?: Why did the chicken cross the street?: How wrong was Kanye for disrupting Taylor's MTV Awards moment?: Are you from 2001-ish?: The Nerdiest Thing You've Ever Done: Your celebrity crush: Do you like cooking?: Do you procastinate much?: If you could go back in time five years, what's one thing would you tell yourself?: Your worst crime ever: What book are you currently reading?: Best April fools Moment: Valentine's Day ideas: What did you get for Christmas?: Best birthday gifts you ever received: Favourite Sandwich: Favourite Recipe: Favourite Class In School: Favourite Sock: Least Favourite Sock: Favourite Band/Musician: Favourite Song: Your Theme Song: Favourite love songs: Favourite Anime: Favourite Manga: Favourite Film: Favourite TV Show: Favourite Actor/Actress: Favourite Director: Favourite Video Game: Favourite Board Game: Favourite Game Console: Favourite OB Thread: [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/44606-ultimate-otakuboards-profile/"]Ultimate OtakuBoards Profile[/url] Favourite OB RPG: Favourite OB Member: [member=Lady Shy] Favourite OB Staff Member: [member=Lady Shy] Favourite OB Memory: Favourite OB Version: Favourite All-time OB Forum: Favourite OB Inside Joke: Favourite LolCat: Favourite Youtube video: Shameless Plug: Other: [/b] [/quote]
  5. Boo

    Fine, I forgive you.

  6. [quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='06 August 2010 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1281069948' post='698955'] [color="indigo"]Thanks, this is now my new favorite thing! I listened to four episodes tonight while doing some work, pretty damn fascinating.[/color] [/quote] *high five*
  7. [quote name='Allamorph' date='06 August 2010 - 07:20 AM' timestamp='1281072026' post='698957'] [font="Calibri"]Not necessarily.[/font] [/quote] Well, same counts for plenty of Christians who think homo marriage is wrong, but they just complain to their mates and all instead of taking action. There's just obviously enough in the Americas who wanted to stride forth as paladins and save the world from its own doom.
  8. "I like cream pie" ~ Obama
  9. [quote name='Allamorph' date='05 August 2010 - 05:30 AM' timestamp='1280979032' post='698888'] [font="Calibri"]Few reasons:[b] [/b][list][*][b]Misguided patriotism[/b] â?? There are a lot of church bodies who believe (maybe correctly, maybe not) that the US was established as a Christian nation, and they feel that decisions like these are a threat to their Christian heritage and doctrine and therefore a threat to the nation as a whole.[/list][list][*][b]Tradition upheaval[/b] â?? People don't like change. Plain and simple. Southern Baptists are notorious for this trait; trust me, I'm Baptist and live in the South so I sort of can't escape them. =P I've seen church bodies shredded by internal strife over disagreements, ranging from serious doctrinal interpretations to whether there's a barrier in front of the choir loft. It's nuts.[/list][list][*][b]Haters gonna hate[/b] â?? I shouldn't have to explain this on[/list][/font][/quote] You're missing "because they think it's wrong, so they want to prevent it." If you're convinced of something being a sin, the just thing to do would be to prevent it from happening. If you knew someone was going to murder another person and you're able to prevent it by some means, wouldn't you do so? Still, yay that California finally caught up.
  10. I actually didn't have anything with podcasts until a teacher mentioned his two great hobbies in lives are trees and podcasts, and sometime later a friend suggested a specific podcast. The podcast being: [B]WYNC's Radio Lab[/b], which is one of the greatest things in the whole wide world. Seriously. It improves your life just listening to it. Another podcast I've been listening to a [i]lot[/i] for some time was the Sarcastic Gamer podcast, which was fun and games (ha, pun) though it lost my attention after some time. I wasn't up to date enough with gaming to keep up with whatever they talked about.
  11. [quote][b]I'm interested in participating in the OB Podcast you posted about, but I've no idea how to help. What would I need and how would I use it?[/b] Whoo! Well, tossing ideas around is a great start. :^D To take part in the podcast itself, you'd need something like a microphone. Windows PCs come with a recorder program which functions plenty for short things stuff really. Though if you don't have a mic you could also use a recorder function of your phone and upload that or you could even make a video in which you point the camera at whatever, as long as you talk clearly into the mic part! We can rip the audio off the film and tadah! Though if you want to do more than short shout outs, the mics the way to go because the rest probably is sort of low on quality. There's free software on the webz like Audacity that allow higher quality recordings than the Microsoft recorder, so you could use that.[/quote]
  12. Got myself a tight quality mic. It's all clear and noiseless. <3 So. OtakuBoards Boocast, anyone? Ha. No rly, we should get this show back on the road. We shouldn't see the lack of hosts as our biggest issue any more, because we firstly need a devoted crew to brainstorm and bring forth topics and such. It would be fun to have at least one podcast episode in OB History right? We need topics, tunes, more topics and a lot of wit. The last part's covered. Now the rest. Also, I think it would be cool if tons of people would be like "Hey this is [...] and you're listening to the OtakuBoards Podcast!" "Meh, meh, meh, OtakuBoards Podcast!" "PIKA PIKA CHIBICHU!" Y'know. There's enough space to give plenty of people 10 seconds of audio fame. If we could have a representative for every board, that'd be neat. Not on the show constantly, but they could give something like a board update at some point. Then we can discuss actual topics. There's room for stories, reviews, interviews. Actually for anything you all are willing to send in. :^D If it's only going to be once, it might as well be over an hour!
  13. Boo

    I want chocolate.

  14. Boo

    I DON'T EVEN WANT TO THINK OF WHAT YOU HAD TO DO FOR JAMES TO GET BACK ON STAFF.

    You disgust me!

  15. [quote name='Sandy' date='01 August 2010 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1280661532' post='698430'] Well, I guess I'm kinda sorta back after taking a breather from OB for a couple of years (you can blame Shy for luring me back). This place sure has changed, but I'm glad to see so many familiar names despite of that. [/quote] Sandy! <3
  16. [quote name='Rachmaninoff' date='27 July 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1280255480' post='698025'] [font="Trebuchet MS"]So, did Boo turn into a tomato yet? [/font] [/quote] I did. But then someone played a bit of Beethoven and I went back to normal. Though a bit itchy. [youtube]EpsWqU_TF_Q[/youtube]
  17. [quote name='chibi-master' date='27 July 2010 - 03:37 AM' timestamp='1280194632' post='697956'] Why do you ask? [/quote] Just because your last few pictures show up then. Including the sneak-up cat. [quote name='Miss Anonymous' date='27 July 2010 - 08:03 AM' timestamp='1280210633' post='697979'] James, your country needs to be more American. [/quote] ROFLMAOAMERICAN? [img]http://i44.tinypic.com/15sajjl.jpg[/img]
  18. [quote name='chibi-master' date='27 July 2010 - 03:42 AM' timestamp='1280194961' post='697958'] I once got my entire Latin class to holler out the entire Pokemon first season theme song... [/quote] It's become part of my band's standard routine.
  19. You just google'd "angry pikachu" didn't you?
  20. [quote name='Rachmaninoff' date='24 July 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1280003111' post='697785'] [font="Trebuchet MS"]I have today totally free. So naturally I'm sick. [/font] [/quote] My face just started swelling up like a tomato.
  21. It took a look at your profile, because I have signatures turned off.
  22. I would just like to mention that I am upset about CaNz's signature quote.
  23. Boo

    Photoshop CS5

    [quote name='PiroMunkie' date='24 July 2010 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1279930636' post='697721'][color="#006400"][font="Arial"]Everything is shopped now. There are no more legit photos. I won't believe it.[/font][/color] [/quote] This. Though I wonder of some pictures how they look from up close. With the ruin thing I can imagine the roof has some really repetitive stones, for example. I'll have to get my hands on this to make the world a weirder place.
  24. The new Golden Sun. :^D
  25. [quote name='NeedMoarRope' date='23 July 2010 - 04:34 AM' timestamp='1279852471' post='697668'] [font="Comic Sans MS"]Would you two stop badmouthing my attractive ladyfriend >:{[/font] [/quote] Thread needs moar picz.
×
×
  • Create New...