Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [size=1]What are you all on about? :\ Alterations, modifications, mustaches, pirates?.. And thread titles? What did I miss while celebrating my belated birthday party? :([/size]
  2. [quote name='Calypso'][COLOR="Sienna"]No it doesn't mean you have bad taste, just means you like music that is different. [/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Did not think I would witness someone calling Britney Spears and Chris Brown ??different??, huhu.[/size]
  3. [size=1]... And of course I forgot the poll again. u_u’’[/size] [color=#4B0082]Fixed. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]
  4. [center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Georgia"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Voting | Week 005[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1]This is the voting thread for [b]Week 005[/b], where all members of the OtakuBoards community are welcome and encouraged to join and vote for their favorite banner for the week. Voting will be taking place until [color=red][b]Monday October 21, 2008[/color] @ 4:00 PM GMT+1[/b]. The next SOTW contest will begin shortly after that date. [b]A few notes before voting[/b] [list][*]We encourage you to both vote in the poll [i]and[/i] reply with a post stating who you voted for and why. In the post you can let the participant know what you liked, didn't like and in the latter case, how they could improve. For further information, please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59385][i]Art Studio Basics[/i][/url] thread, on Constructive Criticism. [*]Remember, this is a banner contest. Therefor, [i]please do not vote for someone because you like the person so much[/i], but instead vote for someone because you like the banner over the other banners. [*]When voting, you're asked to also look at how well the banner fits the theme. This week's theme is [b]Friendship[/b] to lighten up the mood. Whose banner do you think resembled this theme the best?[/list] Without further ado, here are the entries for this week's Signature of the Week![/size] [center][FONT="Georgia"][size=5]SOTW [COLOR="DimGray"]Entries[/COLOR][/size][/font] [size=1] [b]AngryBarista[/b] [img]http://fc46.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/287/8/f/Pacman__Ghosts_by_benjAC.png[/img] [url]http://fc46.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/287/8/f/Pacman__Ghosts_by_benjAC.png[/url] [b]Cat[/b] [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/friendship.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/friendship.jpg[/url] [b]Jeremy[/b] [IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/2ugoz85.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://i33.tinypic.com/2ugoz85.jpg[/url] [b]jigglyness[/b] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/star.jpg[/img] [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/sesshofreako/forums/star.jpg[/url] [/center] [/size]
  5. [size=1]Now, I guess. I should definatelly change that whole closing time thing to a time that actually relates to myself and I don't have to wake up for in the middle of the night. Nice enthusiasm peeps. By the way, Jeremiah, your banner exceeds the official banner limit. But nyeigh, you have a joker because of the title medal. I think I'll increase the size restrictions anyway. [/size]
  6. [size=1]My avatar proves to the world that I am a born ninja sidekick and that saiyanprincessx (who made it) is awesome. The user title is quoted from Allomorph, to help remind people that I am Dutch. Not Suomi or something alike... I don't remember why I am sneaky though, you might want to ask him. And coolpoints to anyone who can say what the banner is, pretty exactly (versions and all).[/size]
  7. [size=1]I think in the bottom left corner you might be able to find that the artist is Animetayl. So, I threw the name in google and the first thing it came up with was a deviantart.com page that I believe is of the same artist: [url=http://animetayl.deviantart.com/][b]Animetayl.deviantart.com[/b][/url] The corners are always good places to start looking for the original artists of art. :) They will surely know more of what material and things the outfit consists of![/size]
  8. [center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Times New Roman"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Week 005[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1][b]Theme[/b]: [b][color=orange]Friendship[/color][/b] - The theme for this week's contest is a bit more happy and all! Make something that fits the theme [b]Friendship[/b]. [b]Entries Deadline[/b]: [b][color=red][u]Monday[/u] 13 October, 2008 @ 11:59PM CET (GMT -7)[/b][/color][/size] [size=3][b]Prizes[/b]:[/size] [size=1][b]1st Place[/b]: 1st Place OtakuBoards Signature Of The Week "Winner" Medal (which will be added onto your profile under your username.) [b]2nd Place[/b]: 2nd Place Naming in the Hall of eternal OtakuBoards Fame [center][b][u]Rules For Entrants[/b][/u]: [LIST=1][*][i]Always[/i] follow the Signature Of The Week theme. [*]Only submit your own work. Absolutely NO PLAGIARISM. [*]Only ONE (1) entry is allowed per person. [*]You cannot enter the same signature in more than ONE (1) Signature Of The Week at OtakuBoards. [*]Entries can be changed [b]BEFORE[/b] voting begins. Just edit your post with your new entry. [*]The dimensions of your entry must not exceed 550x120 pixels. (OtakuBoards' limit)[/LIST][/center] Note: No discussion in this thread please. If you have any questions or comments you can post them in the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59290][b][u]Discussion Thread[/u][/b][/url], but feel free to PM me or any other member of the staff. I'd also like everyone to take note on a few things. Until we gain a little more activity in the Art Studio, this will be a [b]Bi-Weekly[/b] contest. This will give entrants more time to complete and submit their art, as well as give more time for our fellow members of OB to vote for a winner. Also, [b]everyone is encouraged to make and submit a signature[/b], whatever your skill level may be. Have fun![/size]
  9. [size=1]I smell Teh Silly Circus.[/size]
  10. [size=1]Yeah, voting is still kind of open. I will close this thread tomorrow sometime and post up the hall of fame stuff and get a new one up.[/size]
  11. [size=1]The plan was to break the record, but the record is not even a reasonable number at the moment. It would be pointless to try and break this. So, it is probably a better idea to reschedule this whole thing, with more planning ahead of stuff. (A bunch of people posting in a thread is not planning) The idea is fun anyway, so a remake would be a good thing. It might be best to first make sure the counter is back to something matchable, though, and then announce the thing in a bigger way than just a thread somewhere. Besides, did anyone even speak to Adam and get a reply? Was that not part of the big plan?[/size]
  12. [size=1]I hope they didn't use the paper beforehand?[/size]
  13. [center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Georgia"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Voting | Week 004[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1]This is the voting thread for [b]Week 003[/b], where all members of the OtakuBoards community are welcome and encouraged to join and vote for their favorite banner for the week. The theme for this week was [b]Money[/b]. Voting will be taking place until [color=red][b]Friday October 03, 2008[/b][/color] @ 11:59 PM PDT. The next SOTW contest will begin shortly after that date. [b]A few notes before voting[/b] [list][*]We encourage you to [strike]both vote in the poll [i]and[/i][/strike] reply with a post stating who you voted for and why. In the post you can let the participant know what you liked, didn't like and in the latter case, how they could improve. For further information, please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59385][i]Art Studio Basics[/i][/url] thread, on Constructive Criticism. [*]Remember, this is a banner contest. Therefor, [i]please do not vote for someone because you like the person so much[/i], but instead vote for someone because you like the banner over the other banners. [*]When voting, you're asked to also look at how well the banner fits the theme. In this case the theme is [b]Money[/b]. It is quite broad, so who was most creative with this theme?[/list] Without further ado, here are the entries for this week's Signature of the Week![/size] [center][FONT="Georgia"][size=5]SOTW [COLOR="DimGray"]Entries[/COLOR][/size][/font] [size=1] [b]Cat[/b] [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/money.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/money.jpg[/url] [b]Jeremy[/b] [IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/24mhtt3.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://i36.tinypic.com/24mhtt3.jpg[/url] [/center] [/size]
  14. [center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Times New Roman"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Week 004[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1][b]Theme[/b]: [b][color=green]Money[/color][/b] - The theme for this week's contest is a little bit more general: [b]Money[/b]. You can take a go at this theme from a lot of sides, so I expect a bunch of entries. [b]Entries Deadline[/b]: [b][color=red][u]FRIDAY[/u] September 26, 2008 @ 11:59PM CET (GMT -7)[/b][/color][/size] [size=3][b]Prizes[/b]:[/size] [size=1][b]1st Place[/b]: 1st Place OtakuBoards Signature Of The Week "Winner" Medal (which will be added onto your profile under your username.) [b]2nd Place[/b]: 2nd Place Naming in the Hall of eternal OtakuBoards Fame [center][b][u]Rules For Entrants[/b][/u]: [LIST=1][*][i]Always[/i] follow the Signature Of The Week theme. [*]Only submit your own work. Absolutely NO PLAGIARISM. [*]Only ONE (1) entry is allowed per person. [*]You cannot enter the same signature in more than ONE (1) Signature Of The Week at OtakuBoards. [*]Entries can be changed [b]BEFORE[/b] voting begins. Just edit your post with your new entry. [*]The dimensions of your entry must not exceed 550x120 pixels.[/LIST][/center] Note: No discussion in this thread please. If you have any questions or comments you can post them in the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59290][b][u]Discussion Thread[/u][/b][/url], but feel free to PM me or any other member of the staff. I'd also like everyone to take note on a few things. Until we gain a little more activity in the Art Studio, this will be a [b]Bi-Weekly[/b] contest. This will give entrants more time to complete and submit their art, as well as give more time for our fellow members of OB to vote for a winner. Also, [b]everyone is encouraged to make and submit a signature[/b], whatever your skill level may be. Have fun![/size]
  15. [size=1]Hello's Eclipsed Dreamer/Lunar. I doubt that after the 4½ years that Muad'dib posted this thread up to request the avatar, he is still looking for that avatar. According to OtakuBoards' rules, it is not allowed to post in threads that are beyond two pages in the board history. Please don't do that again, because it's sort of useless. :whoops: Besides, you have been around for a few months now, and I thought you would have known by now. Thank you.[/size]
  16. [size=1]Is it just me or is this now just Caturday but then that people think of member names to put above the pictures? :whoops:[/size]
  17. [size=1]Or we massively start posting about things that people and google bots care about on one day. :][/size]
  18. [size=1]That is funny that you mention it, because a podcast I listen to addictively has just started a fundraising for a children's hospital that handles cancer. The fundraising will be a 24 hour game marathon and the participants should get sponsors for every hour. Or well, click the signature for info. The idea is a bit odd, but I liked it anyway. Marathons of anything work pretty well a lot of the time. I guess the best go for the books is to just go by people's houses and ask them for books, really. Or maybe the libraries near you have some left overs that they would share. You can take jackets and bags for a little bit of money, which should also give some profit if you can make a system so that it actually works with finding the stuff back and making sure things do not get stolen and all.[/size]
  19. [quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Having that much traffic would totally be awesome, but I wouldn't envy our wonderful mods in that kind of situation.[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]If anyone can pull off getting 3050 people online (besides, they do not have to be members), the mods can pull off moderating. Clearly we rock and besides, we have a secret weapon or two.[/size]
  20. [size=1]Stink fruit or Durian from Asia somewhere. I got a little sausage shaped wrapped thing in a birthday pack last year and it included this stuff. It does not only reek like mad, but it tastes even worse. It seriously, sincerely, is one of the most horrible things I can imagine to eat again. You might find it in a toko near you. For the rest I just can not eat sellery. It is my arch nemesis. I can pretty much eat any other food on the planet though, apart from those two. ... [b]update:[/b] And apart from the combination of apricot jam and aspirin.[/size]
  21. [size=1]I will just pretend that I did this on purpose and I wanted people to post their votes (I can count like a monster) this time, until I see how to fix the poll. :][/size]
  22. [center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Georgia"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Voting | Week 003[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1]This is the voting thread for [b]Week 003[/b], where all members of the OtakuBoards community are welcome and encouraged to join and vote for their favorite banner for the week. The theme for this week was [b]Back to School[/b], to issue what currently occupies probably the majority of the visitors of the site. Voting will be taking place until [color=red][b]Monday September 15, 2008[/b][/color] @ 11:59 PM PDT. The next SOTW contest will begin shortly after that date. [b]A few notes before voting[/b] [list][*]We encourage you to [strike]both vote in the poll [i]and[/i][/strike] reply with a post stating who you voted for and why. In the post you can let the participant know what you liked, didn't like and in the latter case, how they could improve. For further information, please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59385][i]Art Studio Basics[/i][/url] thread, on Constructive Criticism. [*]Remember, this is a banner contest. Therefor, [i]please do not vote for someone because you like the person so much[/i], but instead vote for someone because you like the banner over the other banners. [*]When voting, you're asked to also look at how well the banner fits the theme. In this case the theme is [b]Back to School[/b]. We have all been through this time of year plenty of times before. Summer was over, back to the real world. Can you relate the banner to how you felt in those first days of the schoolyear? [/list] Without further ado, here are the entries for this week's Signature of the Week![/size] [center][FONT="Georgia"][size=5]SOTW [COLOR="DimGray"]Entries[/COLOR][/size][/font] [size=1][b]Cat[/b] [img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Backtoschool.jpg[/img] [url]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Backtoschool.jpg[/url] [b]jigglyness[/b] [IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/sq1she.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://i38.tinypic.com/sq1she.jpg[/url] [b]Lrb[/b] [IMG]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/164/backtoschooledited1ti8.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/164/backtoschooledited1ti8.jpg[/url] [/size][/center]
  23. [size=1]And that's that for this bi-weekly Signature of the Week entry time... Time to put up the voting thread for the three entries![/size]
  24. [quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]You won't get any argument from me. We have lots and lots of silly people living here. [B]._.[/B] Since you put in that context/setting I'll agree.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]I don't want an argument, I just want love. ;_;[/size]
  25. [size=1]In the end, America is pretty much crowded with extremists of both sides. One side will always remain ignorant and silly about anything other than what the bible says. The other side will always remain ignorant and silly about anything religious, casting it away afraid of being brainwashed or whatever else. So like I said: [i]In the end[/i], that's a lot of silly people. So, point made is that saying American people are silly is at least as dead on as saying religious people are silly. Both being, well... not quite dead on, but very easy remarks to make nonetheless, based on experience. Besides, "[font=times][size=2]it is not fun to make remarks about "religous people". It is fun to make remarks about Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Muslims, Jehova's Witnesses, et cetera. At the same time it is fun to make jokes about Germans, Belgians, Frenchmen, [b]Americans[/b], Eastern European people, et cetera.[/size][/font]" ~ Saint Boo II chapter 11 verse 3[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...