Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [quote name='Charles']The difference between members and moderators is a title.[/quote] [size=1]And evil powers, a rod and even an amount of respect from some members.[/size]
  2. [size=1]If someone could make something of the OtakuBoards [b]clone[/b], I'd be happy. Here's the link to the boards themselves: [url=http://obclone.proboards55.com/index.cgi][u]OB Clone[/u][/url]. And here's the thread on OtakuBoards about it: [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52603][u]What is this Clone?[/u][/url]. Mäh. [/size]
  3. [size=1]Street Fighter just is one of the best game series ever with an almost as wonderful game 'soundtrack'. The stories for each character are oftenly quite cool aswell as the characters themselves. To be honest, I haven't played any of the newer versions of Street Fighter since Alpha 2 or something for SNES. They are just, like mentioned, legends. No idea about the King of Fighters, but nothing can beat Street Fighter anyway. Period. [/size]
  4. [size=1]Don't be so ignorant. You just posted a bunch of paragraphs with the same whining about the same **** over and over again. That I agreed with Aaryanna_Mom. I didn't need to provide a whole lot of extra paragraphs, because her arguments made sense. There is no sense in copying her post because I think about it the same. And I did not say you are the murderer because you don't have many arguments. I'm saying that it looks more like you are trying to pin the blame off on someone else. There was no need to defend against your attack, because there were no arguments apart from "zOMG HE AGRED WID SUM1". Don't give me that **** about not suplying enough paragraphs of text, because if they're full of bullcrap anyway, you might as well shut up. It's a game, but now you're just pissing me off.[/size]
  5. [size=1]At least Allomorph was inventive with his arguments, and Aaryanna_Mom with her counter arguments. Tekkaman, you didn't give any valid arguments [i]at all[/i]. You just waited for the first person to agree with someone so you could try pin the blame on them (me in this case).[/size]
  6. [size=1]Please don't bring the game threads in the Community Event part. It's horrible enough that they even exist. I'd just suggest opening up the opportunity for event-suggestions after this current event. Just for everyone to react to, even if the ideas are still really sketchy. [/size]
  7. [size=1]I updated my piece so far, thank you. Now that I think of it... [b]Request:[/b] RCTNCA, by Kazuko and DBZman[/size]
  8. [size=1]... Don't look at this banner as how it is, but what it was meant to be. The idea was okay. The snow on the houses and the mountain needs some shaping up at least. And adding snowflakes is obviously not my strongest point. [IMG]http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5429/banner001w00txmaslolzombn6.png[/IMG][/size]
  9. [size=1]My main issue about this album is that most of the tracks sound alike. If you like one of the songs, you'll most likely like all of them, but they surely could have been more original. For one: it's fine if you experiment with funky electronic beats on a song once in a while, but please don't use them on each song. There were some fine songs on it, but the rest is one big thing with varying choruses. The artwork on the cover of the album doesn't represent the album too well.[/size]
  10. [size=1]Yeah, why didn?t I become moderator yet? :( I?m going to write some things about the spriting forum. It?s lacking in names and facts so hereby [b]I?d like to request if someone can add to my piece[/b] (or make their own/better version). For instance, who made the spriting thread and what was it called? I think it?s clear to see which parts [I]really[/I] need adjusting. Well, apart from names, I?m not sure if there?s anything about the former spriting community that is still alive. [indent][b]The Spriting Forum[/b] [list]About spriting[/list] Spriting is basically the term used for creating (and adjusting) videogame sprites. The most popular sprites to adjust were very likely the sprites from the Megaman series. The adjustments mostly vary from just simply recolouring the sprites? original colours, to almost completely customizing the sprite. [list]The thread[/list] The original idea for a forum, dedicated to spriting came forth from a thread [color=red](made by __)[/color] in the Art Studio [color=red](was it named differently?)[/color] called [color=red]?Sprites, report?[/color]. This thread was eventually being overloaded by posts and was incredibly hard to keep track of. At one point, [color=red]someone[/color] decided that it was time to make a separate forum for those who enjoy spriting. [list]The forum[/list] The spriting forum was a forum solely for people to discuss and post sprites in. It was located in the former [i]Otaku Art & Design[/i] category, along with the forums [i]Art & Design[/i] (now [i]Art Studio[/i]) and [i]Banner/Avater Request[/i] (now a subforum of the [i]Art Studio[/i]). At first it seemed like a splendid idea and there was quite some activity in the forum. But as crowded as the original thread was, the forum didn?t get as much posts in it. Commenting on sprites became easier this way, but not many people seemed to feel the urge to post a thread solely to show off some recolours they made. After a not too long while, the forum died, with a post per day at most. In fact, [i]Art & Design[/i] generally had ten times as much posts. It was no wonder that the forum had been taken down with the next big update. [list]Active members[/list] Examples of active members of the spriting community in the past, are: DragonballZMan, Alexander, Kazuko, Xra, Warlock, Final Flash, Boo, [color=red]any more important people?[/color]. [/indent] Hereby I also like to write down some things for the member [b]Alexander[/b]. I would write one about DragonballZMan, but for some reason I have the idea that others know him better than I do. [indent][b]Alexander[/b] [b]Category:[/b] Old members Alexander was one of the most active spriters in the former Spriting Forum. Apart from posting his own sheets of sprites, he also liked to help beginning spriters to get better by making tutorials. These tutorials explained the basics of spriting. Outside of the Spriting Forum he was known as someone with a great liking towards Megaman and he also made some Fan-Fics to strengthen that image.[/size][/indent]
  11. [quote name='Lady Asphyxia][font=Arial][size=2][u][b]The Newbie Lounge[/b][/u][/size'][/font][/quote][size=1]I wonder if James has ever forgiven me for these dark ages. Especially after I posted in that thread by Charles. [quote name='James in Charles' anti-Newbie Lounge thread][font=arial']D_A, I recommend that you actually read and interpret the comments here before you post -- all you're succeeding in doing is adding to my blood pressure. o_O[/font][/quote]... It was fun in an odd way, though. :)[/size]
  12. [quote name='Generic NPC #3']Herman/Shift/whatever.[/quote] [size=1]Coincidentally, the other day I read back to the part where he had talked to someone over IM after which he bitched on the art in the art studio. Mainly because the someone (crono) said "Say what you think about it, not what the others think about it." He obviously interpretated it as "let's just leave the constructive criticism out".[/size]
  13. [size=1]How about you copy it to a new canvas and then flip it, after which you paste it back on the image? [/size]
  14. [size=1]Aaryanna's Mom has shown us some strong evidence. I'd like to add to her story with a fact: Right after the crime Tekkamon was the first to point their finger at somebody. In this case Katana, who happened to live nearby. It is clear that Tekkamon commited the crime at this place, so that they could put the blame on Katana. It was obviously all part of their master scheme. The plan was made in the mind of a person with an obscene liking towards evil. If this isn't enough proof, his evil laughter is. -- Something like that, I suppose?
  15. [QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1]Ah wait. Did you mean a) release tutorials by batches or; b) release them one at a time? (I'm being quite the dunce today.)[/size] [/COLOR][/QUOTE] [size=1]I meant posting a batch to start with, so that there's at least a bunch up at the beginning. :x[/size]
  16. [size=1]What if you try gathering the tutorials to unleash a bunch them at one time and request an announcement for the whole idea? >:3[/size]
  17. [size=1]... Why do people ask clothing for Christmas all the time? Aren't you supposed to like... buy them through the whole year when you need them? It's like asking shampoo or something, where's the fun in that? [/size]
  18. [size=1]I think the members involved are: [indent][b]Aaryanna_Mom Allomorph Boo Delta Ikillion John Katana MistressRoxie Sakura Tekkamon [/b][/indent] Just so you have a list. Correct me if I'm wrong. :P[/size]
  19. [size=1]I shall become best buds with the zombies and teach them my optimistic and peaceful way of life.[/size]
  20. [quote name='Ezekiel][SIZE=1']In fact, now that sakurasuka seems to have disappeared, I fear I'm left with Boo only in the PSP camp ): sux 2 b me[/SIZE][/quote][size=1]I love you too. -.-;[/size]
  21. [size=1]At first I didn't want to join any event, but this concept seems too interesting to let you not have enough enough sign-ups. [b]Why do you think being Mafia would be the best?[/b] Because the whole game resolves around you. How great is that? Without the Mafia, the game would not be 'Mafia'. Logics, my friend. [b]Why do you think being Townspeople would be the best?[/b] You're less important to the game, and you have a smaller chance of being killed than the Mafia. Whenever you're killed, however, it doesn't really affect much of the game. [b]Have you played a version of Mafia before?[/b] Well, yeah. Though in my version they were called werewolves. They'd awaken at night, kill some village people and then retreat. We didn't really add a detective and a priest, but that part doesn't seem to be a very difficult to understand thing. [/size]
  22. [size=1]What I want for Christmas is that everybody will celebrate Sinterklaas at the fifth of December. Accompanied with that, I'd like Santa to burn and people to stop seeing Christmas as that-one-day-that-you-get-presents-apart-from-your-birthday and in stead see Sinterklaas like that. Oh, and world peace. :)[/size]
  23. [QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1][B]Shopping with mom ?[/B] Or [B]Fishing with dad ?[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [size=1]When I go shopping with my mom, she has the urge to pay everything. And fishing is recognized as a sport, reason enough not to do it for both my dad and myself. Okay then. [b]Would you rather have game threads banned from OtakuBoards forever[/b] or [b]burn your mother alive, put her ashes in a bottle, pee in the bottle and then drink everything[/b]? I know it's a toughy for some of you.[/size]
  24. [size=1]Teehee, I should've seen this coming. :3 Sandy, I didn't try to tear you into bits and pieces (neither of you). This [i]was[/i] constructive, in a way. As I was one of those people who did not read the entire thread, I had a good reason to explain why I didn't do so. Firstly, then obviously your RPG thing lacks. This is not supposed to be just an RP that may catch some people's attention and leaves the rest out of it. It's supposed to be a community event. That you don't even try avoiding people losing their interest, already proves that you failed at the event part. Secondly, if this is just an RPG, why don?t you post it in your own section? Thirdly, people are more easily attracted by a thread if it has more replies, since then they see the thread is somewhat interesting. Now you may say it's essential to the RPG thing that you made people PM you the profiles, but I still think it doesn't work out well. Period. So, it was meant constructive, but if you can?t see it, it?s too bad. And I?ll still take that cookie while you?re asleep so don?t worry about that. Gavin, this table makes the text stand out a lot more. My eyes are grateful. As for the banner, I just meant to say that it wasn?t very clear. Partly because at first I couldn?t even see what it was, and afterwards I didn?t really get the connection between Dragonball and a writing contest. Though I?m flattered, I?m not sure if you needed to take the banner off for me, I might be the only one who had that problem with it. I think there?s still some attention puller thing needed on top, but I?m not sure what it should be (my mind?s not really functioning well anymore). Perhaps someone else has an idea. I?ll just shush now, before I get more people on my back. Just to repeat: it was all meant in a constructive way. Not just to smite your prides. [quote name='John']Boo's criticism was hardly trying to "rip you apart". Quit being so jumpy, Sandy. :)[/quote]I guess it depends on what you're used to. :3[/size]
  25. [size=1]Time for Boo's analysis. White, I think the reason of your success is because the event looks a lot more interesting and event-like than the others. It grabs the attention of the visitor of the thread sooner than the other two contestants their events. The banner makes you want to scroll down and see what it?s about. Perhaps you should give a bit stronger explanation right after the banner, because now the visitor has to scroll even further down to get passed the cards. But... I read the whole thing and thought it looked very amusing. Sandy, you start with a line of ?this event is rated M, etc. etc.? and then some piece of poetry. After that there?s the banner. I think that by now a lot of people have lost their attention and already thought ?Heck, it?s just a RP.? The ?PM me your profile? seems to be a rather bad idea. Now it looks like no one?s even interested in your event thing. There?s hardly any posts in it. Oh, and the typography is not good for Internet use. I can't remember myself reading the whole thing. Gavin, your event is just not clear enough. The title of the thread doesn?t say anything to me. Then when I [I]do[/I] choose to enter it, I get welcomed by a banner of which I have no idea what is on it (I finally found out it?s a Super Saiyan. Why it?s on there, I don?t know). The colours are on the pale side and the text in the thread isn?t obvious enough. I think the main problem with your event is it?s presentation. I am really sure that I didn't even read through your whole event. By the way:[/size] [quote name='Gavin][size=1']I've tried to refrain from obviously advertising the event as I would prefer it if people join of their own accord rather than feeling as if I've pressured them into it.[/size][/quote] [size=1]Try thinking of advertisement as suggestive. Events require advertisement. Show the people what you?re offering. Hell, Shy can just let an announcement appear for it. Don?t be afraid of advertising your event. As an event master you?d have to advertise it too. If I would join any of the events it?d very likely be White?s. Sandy?s event seems too much like a RP. I would never read an RP that I?m not in, personally, even if it is meant as a cooperative story. Like Shy said: Kumite looks the most interesting for outsiders, but then again? only if they like reading things online. I can imagine myself checking on Mafia once or twice to see if the people have been murdered yet. In my eyes, an event is supposed to [I]look open to everyone in the community[/I], [I]stand out[/I] and [I]look enjoyable for everyone[/I]. The event should at least speak to more than a select group (for example: writers, graphic artists). Being an event master is very likely a hard job. :) [/size]
×
×
  • Create New...