OtakuBoards

Your REAL Name.....

Yu Yu Hakusho!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Do you speak Korean, Juu?

Anyway, you're correct. I have a few Korean friends who have been teaching me their language at a very slow rate. The writing systems do have some similarities in that characters do not impart a single sound but a full syllable - however in Japanese, it is just consanant + vowel. In Korean, I believe you can combine up to four sounds into one character... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]I speak Korean fluently. ^_^
My parents are more comfortable with Korean, so I use both korean and English at home.

You can combine up to three sounds, actually. The fourth one is pretty silent, but a few make a more noticable sound than the others... Counting is alot like Japanese.

1) Ichi-il
2) ni- ee
3) san-sam
4) shi-za (er... yeah)
5) go/o- o

I guess they're kinda similar... But yeah, anyway...

Lauren, your name would sound like, Lo-Len, with the second 'L' sound pressured a little more. (In korean..)[/color] [/size]

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Zippy Applechunks!

Zippy- means fast
and well you can get what Applechunks means...
Okay so that's not my real name, but its a good name..

Alright, my real name is Monique
Monique is the french version of the latin name Monica which means Advisor.
And my other name Lea which means Fatigued ... so I'm a tired advisor?

I know exctly where my mum got my name from and its a story I'm not proud of so it shll not be reapeted here... or to anyone at all.
Sadly I'm the only Monique living in my street... possibly my suburb.. or my city!! heh.. now that's a lie and I know it, but I have as much trouble as Ashlee does with finding things with my name on it, in fact I've never found one at all.

Rain, I have a couple of friends with the same spelling as you

my name is sarah, i can't understand how people spell it wrong, but they do. they ask, is it with an h and i say yes so they write sahara, i'm not a desert.
anyways, my full name is sarah isabel martinez. my first name comes from my great grandmother who died in a big earthquake in nicaragua. no remains of her body were found except for a red shoe and the long braid she always wore. i always thought that was pretty cool. as for my middle name it comes from my grandmother on my father's side. she was a bit whorish, and nobody knew where she was born or who her family was. Not even her age, at her death we had to take a wild guess. i know sarah means princess, which is pretty sappy, but oh well, as for isabel i'm not so sure, i forgot. my mom calls me chabela which i hate and i dubbed myself isarabel, so they call me that in school,...sometimes. the greatest thing about my name i suppose are my first and last name initials, s & m. hahaha, that's great, sado masachism, get it??? :D

First:
COREY m English
Pronounced: KOR-ee
From a surname which was possibly either derived from the Old Norse given name Kori (of unknown meaning), or else meant "ravine" in Gaelic

Middle:
RYAN m,f Irish, English
Pronounced: RIE-an
From a surname which was originally derived from an Irish first name which meant "little king" (from Irish rí "king" combined with a diminutive suffix).

In Cairo, Egypt, they actually spell Cairo as Caire, thusly i get my last name:

CAIRO m English
From the name of the city in Egypt, called Al Qahirah in Arabic, which was derived from al Qahir, the Arabic name of the planet Mars

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sirven_2002 [/i]
[B]First:
COREY m English
Pronounced: KOR-ee
From a surname which was possibly either derived from the Old Norse given name Kori (of unknown meaning), or else meant "ravine" in Gaelic

Middle:
RYAN m,f Irish, English
Pronounced: RIE-an
From a surname which was originally derived from an Irish first name which meant "little king" (from Irish rí "king" combined with a diminutive suffix).

In Cairo, Egypt, they actually spell Cairo as Caire, thusly i get my last name:

CAIRO m English
From the name of the city in Egypt, called Al Qahirah in Arabic, which was derived from al Qahir, the Arabic name of the planet Mars [/B][/QUOTE]
[B]Cairo, Egypt![/B] Cool! I wish my name had anything to do with Egypt.

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Hey, kewl! ^_^
You're the second person I've seen with Mellisa spelled that way! ^_^
Although, it's kinda scary how you and my friend are both named 'Mellisa Rose...'
Although, her last name is different, of course. ^_^;[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=royalblue][size=1]My real name is Kimberly Victoria. I love my name to death.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Kimberly Victoria!?
*runs off crying*

I've always liked the name Kimberly and Tori... Actually, I've been begging my parents if I could have my name as either 'Tori' or 'Kimberly' since we moved to the U.S..

You're so lucky, Asuka. :whoops:[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=royalblue][size=1]My real name is Kimberly Victoria. I love my name to death. They call me Tori for short. And that's cute, too.

I'm going to name my daughter Arianna Rose, though. ^_^[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Queen Kimberly Victoria of the Plushies. Oo;;; < doink >

Tis a lovely name. But it sounds like British royalty, much like mine does.[/color]

• 1 month later...
My name is Stephen (STEE-VEN) not (STE-FAN)
My parents named me that because it means "Crowned One" in Greek! Isn't that nice of them! It's funny because my bro's name (bryan) means high or noble!If you wanted I could tell you what your name means in different languages. (if u dont no alredy)

My name is Jana' (Ja-nay) That's how it's pronounced....Most of my teachers always call me Jana (Jan-na. I don't mind when people call me Jana (Jay-na), but I can't stand it when my teachers call me the other name...I don't know why my mother named me that, and I think my name means sad or something...I'm not sure, but I do know my mom didn't know that...It really fits if you look at it....I like it when my mom calls me Jana' Len (Jay-na Lyn) I'm sure you can guess that that's my middle name...

Well, mine is Heather Ann Selbe. No e on the ann. I hate that. my last name is like a word for self in German... but my first name is a type of flower!

My last name is slaughtered at times. Its like Sell-be, but i get Selb, thinki it has a slient e, and even Sel-e-ble (idiot sub..) it also gets misspelled like Selby and Selbie.