OtakuBoards

Your REAL Name.....

Yu Yu Hakusho!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=deeppink] [size=1]My korean name is Dyne, and in korean, it means Beautiful life. My parents named me that, because ever since I was born, I was really close to my mom. So, they named me beautiful life, since my mom's name is beautiful person. ^_^

My Chinese name is MayLee, and that means 'pretty girl' in chinese. ^^;

Juuthena, is my japanese name, and I think it means something like 'tenth angel goddess'...or something like that. ^^;[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]Or it could be the Chippendales- a group of male strippers. Not sure you'd want that image carried around with you... [/B][/QUOTE]:twitch:

And how long has this group been around?

They aren't any more, but they were pretty popular in around the eighties/early nineties. Heh. They went on about them in the Full Monty. That was a good film.

I like having an unusual name. I've never personally met anyone with the same name, but I know of some (e.g. Hugo Weaving, Victor Hugo). I find it useful because if someone's shouting 'Hugo' I know it's me, not someone else. But if they don't say 'You go' very well, I get confused. I often think people say my name when they actually don't. But the other day, I thought some random woman was shouting my name, but it was a two year-old boy she was talking too. That scared me, but my friend thought it was funny when I whirled round to see who it was.

But, having an unusual name does mean you stick out- if people decide to make fun of you, it's easier for them to do because you have an unusual name that sticks in their head. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard 'Hugo's there?' or something like that. Ha. Ha.

Mine is Hunter. Means 'one who hunts'. My dad named me that because he likes to hunt, but my big bro (N-man) says he named me after a cartoon charcter. My middle name, my mom saw it on a camercial once, have no clue what it means. Avery.lol

My name is Mitchell Myron Loudenbeck. I can recall seeing something saying that Mitch means something like "one who is like the Lord". My middle name is a bit odd. I got it from my great grandfather on my mothers side. I have no idea what it means, and I have no idea what my last name means either.

[color=deeppink] [size=1]ack! Two people already pointed out to me 'Dyne' is a guy from FFVII... - .-'
So I guess my name and birthday is from FFVII now. :bluesweat:

*grumble* Why did my name have to be a guy's name... *grumble*[/color] [/size]

Nice to see you back Ginny :P.

Anyway, Lyn (or Lynn too I think) is considered short for Linda and means "dweller by the waterfall." Don't ask me what that's supposed to mean heh.

One of my friends has that name, and I remember it for some reason...

[color=crimson]Going back to mine for a sec...so I'm the Pure Maiden of the Waterfall? Weird...
Well, I've always liked water a lot. And I like waterfalls. I dunno...this is odd.
Does anyone know of a good site for name meanings--there's [i]bound[/i] to be one somewhere. *wanders off*[/color]

Well my name,Cynthia, means Moon Goddess.. One of my middle names were given to me only for religeous reasons, Marie. My formal middle name,(the one I use every day) is Linn. I don't know what it means, but my last name means Taylor in another laguage..

Cool.. My name means

Daniel: God is my judge
Christopher: Christ-bearer

Lucking: I haven't a clue.. but apparently the family name used to be "Lucain" (Pronounced "Lu-kayne"), but was changed when my grandad moved over to England (from Ireland). That would have been cool.. heh.. "Daniel Christopher Lucain"

[COLOR=red][SIZE=1][FONT=arial]

Here is what the search said:

[i]Lauren:[/i]The laurel tree or sweet bay tree symbolic of honor and victory. Old name with many variants.

[i]Ashley:[/i]ash-tree meadow

So basicly I am a victorious and honorable(SP?) tree in human form;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]