OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

[color=navy][size=1]Please don't double-post.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

At the Anime Expo, some weird annoucements were made about anime on tv. Cartoon Network will show the entire Neon Genesis Evangelion series, Showtime will show Chrono Chusade, and G4Tv will show Colorful. Here is the announcement:

[QUOTE]ADV?s license and other announcements were presented by the trio of John Ledford, Matt Greenfield, and David Williams. As reported earlier, ADV has acquired the license to the original Macross TV series, previously released in the US by Animeigo. Unlike Animeigo, ADV hopes to produce a dub for the series, thus potentially making Macross available in English for the first time. ADV has also signed agreements with Cartoon Network to show the entire Neon Genesis Evangelion TV series, with Showtime to show Chrono Crusade and Peacemaker Kurogane, and with G4 to show Colorful.

The issues that have caused the second volume of Princess Tutu to be delayed have been resolved, and it is scheduled for release some time in the fall. Release of the second season of Kaleidostar will commence by the end of the year or early next year, after the Season 1 Thinpak is released. Other planned Thinpak releases include Angelic Layer, Those Who Hunt Elves, and the Slayers motion pictures. Coming up on the release schedule in September is the special edition of Sakura Diaries, in October, the first volumes of Godannar, Yumeria, Ghost Stories and Magical Detective Loki Ragnarok, and in November, the first volume of Legend of Moby Dick ? exact title subject to confirmation. On the other hand, ADV has decided to pass on releasing Tactics, which was originally announced as a license at the 2004 Anime Expo.[/QUOTE]

This is very unexpected, and really weird. Im happy about it, i think. First, AdultSwim better get Evangelion or its going to be destroyed by the censors. And how the heck can G4 show Colorful? Colorful is close to softcore hentai. Chrono Crusade is a awesome anime, too bad i dont have Showtime anymore.

:animesigh

--------------------

This is amazing!!!!

[QUOTE][B]New Acquisition: Neon Genesis Evangelion[/B]

Although no air date has yet been decided, Adult Swim will, in the near future, air the classic anime show Neon Genesis Evangelion. NGE is the story of Shinji Ikari, a teenage boy recruited by his estranged father to pilot the giant Evangelion Unit-01 to defend the earth against a horde of monsterous, invading alien creatures known as the Angels. A unique mix of exceptional battle scenes, religious symbolism, psychological storytelling and teenage angst, Neon Genesis Evangelion has been referred to by many as one of the greatest anime shows ever made. [/QUOTE]

Yes!!!!!! This is AWESOME!!!! Im soooo freaking happy that they got Evangelion!!! I just hope its not edited too badly. Other than that, its great. :animesmil

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is amazing!!!!

[QUOTE][B]New Acquisition: Neon Genesis Evangelion[/B]

Although no air date has yet been decided, Adult Swim will, in the near future, air the classic anime show Neon Genesis Evangelion. NGE is the story of Shinji Ikari, a teenage boy recruited by his estranged father to pilot the giant Evangelion Unit-01 to defend the earth against a horde of monsterous, invading alien creatures known as the Angels. A unique mix of exceptional battle scenes, religious symbolism, psychological storytelling and teenage angst, Neon Genesis Evangelion has been referred to by many as one of the greatest anime shows ever made. [/QUOTE]

Yes!!!!!! This is AWESOME!!!! Im soooo freaking happy that they got Evangelion!!! I just hope its not edited too badly. Other than that, its great. :animesmil

ANN quoted the online Shonen Jump newsletter as saying the following about Naruto:

[quote]Naruto, the great ninja anime, is coming to Cartoon Network this fall. You know that ? you know because you read SHONEN JUMP, your source for Naruto anime news, and for the original Naruto manga. And now we've got a special report for you: the launch schedule!

Naruto will debut on Cartoon Network on... Saturday, Sept. 10, at 9:00pm, as part of the Toonami block. Episode 1 will run at 9:00pm, and Episode 2 will run at 9:30pm. Yeah, two in a row. Then, Cartoon Network will repeat Episode 1 at 10:00pm and Episode 2 at 10:30pm.

The following Saturday, Sept. 17, Naruto will settle into its regular weekly broadcast schedule: 9:00pm.[/quote]

That's sooner than I expected, personally. I'm not sure how people will react if the show [i]isn't[/i] a hit... everyone is expecting Naruto to do so well (bring in a whole new generation of fans, totally revive the stagnant anime market, etc.), and I don't think conditions are necessarily right for it to live up to those expectations--possibly because I'm personally not a fan of the show. I mean, I'd be as happy as anyone if Naruto turns out to a godsend for anime on TV and/or DVD (in terms of attracting fresh interest, I guess), but I'm dubious.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
Earlier tonight, I managed to catch episode 41 on TV (which--ads and all--is a vastly superior experience to watching it on one's computer, I can assure you). Unfortunately there's a fairly sizeable gap between that and whichever episode I watched last, but Bleach isn't exactly a super-complicated show, so I managed to figure out what was going on. More or less.

I love Noriyuki Abe. He has such a great sense for what works and what doesn't, when it comes to this kind of show--that's why Yu Yu Hakusho is so amazing, and that's why Bleach just keeps getting better and better as it goes along. Episode 41 reminded me of this because it contained several of the striking, well-animated set piece scenes that really help set this show apart. I'm sure this owes a lot to the visual composition and panel layout of the manga, but I think Bleach's director also deserves some serious credit.

I can't wait to get home and catch up on what I missed. Also, (major spoiler for episode 41) [spoiler]that Yoruichi-san is one fine-looking woman.[/spoiler] :animesmil

~Dagger~

I wouldn't consider Naruto a waste of play time but I believe it's better started on DVD. I do think expectations are to high and there probably will alot of disappointment from new comers and non-manga fans, but for those of use who enjoy the manga series will proabaly find something to enjoy, well I did anyway.

I was so happy to see that Escaflowne (the anime) is coming to Adult swim later in Fall. Am I the only one excited? I saw the first 5 episodes when I was very young and I haven't seen it again since. It's a great anime and I'm happy AS is bringing it to regular tv :catgirl:

Escaflowne aired like 5 years ago on Fox Box or something but no one watched it so it was canned after about 6 episodes. My little bro and I were so pissed off that it was canceled. I have long since watched it by now. It's a great show but i just don't watch anime that is dubbed on TV anymore.

Guest BigRed99
I believe what is being aired is Escaflowne the movie, not the series. Adult Swim announced a while ago that they would be airing the movie, but I haven't seen any type of formal announcement about the actual series.

You're correct on that count--they're airing the movie, not the series, and personally I'd be extremely surprised (in a pleasant way, of course) if they ever did air the original show. Of course, with Eva coming to AS, I suppose anything is possible now...

~Dagger~

Well, AdultSwim just posted another big announcement about the shows.

[url]http://www.adultswim.com/williams/news/index.html?http%3A//www.adultswim.com/williams/news/articles/default.html[/url]

[quote]Premiere Updates
7/27/2005

Fullmetal Alchemist will now premiere new episodes beginning Saturday, September 17, at midnight.

On Sunday, October 2, at 11 p.m. The Boondocks will premiere, and Family Guy and American Dad will move to the new 10 p.m. slot.

The first run of 12 oz. Mouse, a new series by Aqua Teen Hunger Force co-creator Matt Maiellaro, will begin airing Sunday, October 16, at 12:30 a.m.

Squidbillies will premiere on Sunday, October 16, at midnight.

Neon Genesis Evangelion will begin airing Thursdays, starting Thursday, October 20, at 12:30 a.m.

The premiere of Moral Orel, a new show by Dino Stamatopoulos, is set for Sunday, November 13, at 12:15 a.m.

On Saturday, November 19, at 11:15 p.m., Perfect Hair Forever will begin its first season.
[/quote]

This is soo awesome!!!!! :D New episodes of FullMetal Alchemist in September, and Neon Genesis Evangelion in October!! This is wonderful news!

There is already a Anime Network. But its right now only being shown in the west and south of USA. It has some great anime on it. I've been watching the "The Anime Network On Demand", and seeing anime like GANTZ, Pretear, DN Angel, and Noir.

If you want to get the Anime Network, you have to ask your cable company for it

[url]http://www.theanimenetwork.com[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I just wanna know What in the world happened to Rurouni Kenshin? First of all they took the show off air and I wanted to see some more of the shows. Now my friend tells me that they aren't putting it back on the air anymore!!! :animeangr This to me is an outrage!!! Please reply back to me and tell me what is going to happen to it! I just want it back on the air.

Arigatou Gozaimasu

[QUOTE=Anyamae]Hey I just wanna know What in the world happened to Rurouni Kenshin? First of all they took the show off air and I wanted to see some more of the shows. Now my friend tells me that they aren't putting it back on the air anymore!!! :animeangr This to me is an outrage!!! Please reply back to me and tell me what is going to happen to it! I just want it back on the air.

Arigatou Gozaimasu[/QUOTE]

Im sorry, but Cartoon Network doesn't have any plans at this time to show Kenshin. I agree, its a real shame. Ruroni Kenshin is a awesome anime. But Toonami is going to have its hands full with all the new stuff coming in a few months. Naruto and that strange hair anime and stuff.

:animesigh

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=YellowGreen]I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, but the title said it is for anime on tv announcements so...

Chromartie High will be premiering with Colorful on G4TV sometime in December. Raahxehpon will be airing on September 2nd at12 AM.[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

[url]http://www.adultswim.com/williams/news/index.html?http%3A//www.adultswim.com/williams/news/articles/default.html[/url]

AdultSwim has made another revision to their schedule. Here is the announcement:

[quote]Schedule Revisions
8/24/2005

On Saturday, October 8 InuYasha will take the 11 p.m. spot, followed by Fullmetal Alchemist, which will move its premieres to 11:30 p.m.

Samurai Champloo will begin repeats Saturday, October 8 at 12:30 a.m., leading up to new episodes beginning November 19.

After its Sunday premiere on October 2, The Boondocks will repeat on Saturdays, beginning October 8 at midnight.

Perfect Hair Forever will now premiere Sunday, November 13 at 12:15 a.m.

The second-season premiere of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex has been moved to Saturday, November 19 at 11 p.m.
[/quote]

Soo, yeah. This is nothing too big. I just wonder why they keep changing it soo much.