Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='CDDElric1221']cn is taking away all the good anime shows :mad: in 2006 they will take off fullmetal alchemis!!! :animecry: ......................... :animeangr[/quote]You know I started watching FMA on cn but then I made the mistake of dling the subbed version now when it comes on i just turn the TV. I can't stand watching the american verisions of shows that i've seen with the original content. But it's like I'm drawn to the fansubbed versions after I see the anime on cn or on demand. I'm cursed either way you look at it.:animecry:

Guest AmnAbdulla9
[quote name='Makai Kite']So it was thought up by Osamu Tezuka? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Cardcaptor Sakura was thought up by CLAMP... I don't know who thought up Aeon Flux, though... Well, from what you've said, it sounds like it's going to be a great anime! :)[/quote]

Well hi! I'm new here in the otakuboards forums so can you please tell me whats going on?

Guest AmnAbdulla9
[quote name='Makai Kite']So it was thought up by Osamu Tezuka? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Cardcaptor Sakura was thought up by CLAMP... I don't know who thought up Aeon Flux, though... Well, from what you've said, it sounds like it's going to be a great anime! :)[/quote]

Thanks for the post, but do you know Osamu Tezuka? He used to be a great anime creator, now that he's dead!

• 2 weeks later...
Just a heads up for people who get Turner Classic Movies. Every thursday evening this month TCM will be playing 2-3 Miyazaki movies (most are dubbed, but at least one isn't, I think). They replay the lineup immediately after, by the way.

The schedule is as follows (eastern time):
[b]The 5th[/b]-
8:00 PM [b]Spirited Away[/b] (2002)
A young girl escapes her family to a world of witches and monsters.
Cast: Voices of Michael Chiklis, Lauren Holly, Suzanne Pleshette. Dir: Hayao Miyazaki.
C-124 mins, Letterbox Format
10:15 PM [b]Princess Mononoke[/b] (1999)
A woman raised by wolves leads forest animals in a fight to save their homes.
Cast: Voices of Billy Crudup, Claire Danes, Minnie Driver. Dir: Hayao Miyazaki.
C-135 mins, Letterbox Format
[b]The 12th[/b]-
8:00 PM [b]Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind[/b] (1984)
A warrior princess fights to keep two warring kingdoms from destroying their planet.
Cast: Voices of Alison Lohman, Edward James Olmos, Mark Hamill. Dir: Hayao Miyazaki.
C-0 mins, Letterbox Format
10:00 PM [b]Castle in the Sky[/b] (1986)
A boy and girl race pirates to find a legendary floating castle.
Cast: Voices of James Van Der Beek, Anna Paquin, Mark Hamill. Dir: Hayao Miyazaki.
[b]The 19th[/b]-
8:00 PM [b]My Neighbor Totoro[/b] (1993)
Two girls with a sick mother find escape with the spirits of the forest.
Cast: Voices of Dakota Fanning, Timothy Daly, Lea Salonga. Dir: Hayao Miyazaki.
C-88 mins, Letterbox Format
9:30 PM [b]Porco Rosso[/b] (1992)
An airplane pilot with a pig's head devotes his life to rescuing others.
Cast: Voices of Michael Keaton, Cary Elwes, Kimberly Williams. Dir: Hayao Miyazaki.
C-102 mins, Letterbox Format
11:15 PM [b]Whisper of the Heart[/b] (1995)
A young girl goes looking for the boy who has checked out all the same library books as she.
Cast: Voices of Brittany Snow, Cary Elwes, Harold Gould. Dir: Yoshifumi Kondo.
[b]The 26th[/b]-
8:00 PM [b]Only Yesterday[/b] (1991)
A young woman looks back on her childhood while traveling around Japan.
Cast: Voices of Miki Imai, Toshio Yanagiba, Youko Honna. Dir: Isao Takahata.
C-105 mins, Letterbox Format
10:15 PM [b]Pom Poko[/b] (1994)
A group of magic raccoons use their shape shifting powers to save their forest home.
Cast: Voices of Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Clancy Brown, J.K. Simmons. Dir: Isao Takahata.
C-119 mins, Letterbox Format

I've seen most of those movies, but I'm planning to tune in for [b]Whisper of the Heart[/b] and [b]Only Yesterday[/b]. I've heard great things about both of them. Anyway, thanks for the schedule details and the reminder--I'd almost forgotten this was supposed to happen.

~Dagger~

Hey everyone! I'm pretty sure i didn't post this here, so here is another announcement from AdultSwim:

[quote]Anime Schedule Reminder
01/04/2006

As a reminder, certain anime premieres have moved to weekdays starting this week. The weekday anime premiere schedule is now as follows:

Tuesdays at 12:30 a.m.: InuYasha
Wednesdays at 12:30 a.m.: Samurai Champloo
Thursdays at 12:30 a.m.: Neon Genesis Evangelion

[/quote]

Hmm. It seems like they wanna add more ratings to the repeat-heavy weekday schedule. Do not forget about this change!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stafal-chan
umm i dunno if any previous threads said this cuz i was lazy and just quick went to the last one( ~_~ i''m tired today.) but if you go to [url]www.cartoonnetwork.com[/url] there should be a icon somewhere that says tv schedules (or something liek that) when you click on it you get a screen that shows all the shows from like 5 am to the next day 5 am. you get a weekly lineup depending what day it is. and if u click episode description underneath it u get a brief descrpotion or the name of the episode or u can click see all showings underneath the show and it'll show u all the dates it will be on. it usually only gives u 2 weeks worth of info though. hope this helps. it's usually very accurate! i use it to tape the super late ones b/c i do like to sleep at night ^_^

[color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS][quote name='Meggido][/font][/color]...these people could be the [color=#000000] [spoiler]vaizards[/spoiler]...[/color][color=DarkGreen'][font=Trebuchet MS][/quote] I agree it's a possibility, and I've seen it discussed at length on Bleach-specific forums. But I'd like to think they wouldn't introduce the [spoiler]Visored[/spoiler] until [spoiler]Hirako Shinji shows up at school[/spoiler]. Then again, I suppose they've already messed with the chronology by introducing Renji, so maybe they aren't above it.

The filler in general ... looks okay, I suppose. Something about the dialogue nagged at me. I'm not sure what, but I think it was obvious it wasn't written by the same guy. And I do remember thinking, "do they have someone different drawing it now?" ... something to do with Tatsuki's eyes, although could just be because I haven't seen her for fifty-odd episodes.

[spoiler]Does anyone else see a worrying similarity between the doors that swallowed Orihime and the gates of Hell from the Shrieker Hollow arc?[/spoiler]
[/font][/color]

[quote name='Chikara Kokoro']Just a heads up for people who get Turner Classic Movies. Every thursday evening this month TCM will be playing 2-3 Miyazaki movies (most are dubbed, but at least one isn't, I think). They replay the lineup immediately after, by the way.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up I was under the impression that they would be playing Satoshi Kons movies. Now I wont be able to watch Perfect Blue or Tokyo Godfathers thats dissapointing :animesigh . Miyazaki has great movies thoguh.

Guest lonelyshadow
[COLOR=DarkRed]I was just wondering does anyone know when Howl's moving castle is coming out? it's by miyazaki[/COLOR] :animesmil

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='DNAngel360']I wish i would have known this new line up sooner i missed an episode of Inuyasha :animecry: :animedepr[/quote]

You might not have missed a good one though. right now i'm starting to get very irritated with some of the pointless side storyies that aren't relevant to the plot line at all! i dunno if u all kno but rumiko takahashi (the author) has like 40 books for inuyasha O_O and i starrted by buying inuyasha and holy **** i have 20 now and thats not very far into her series... i really would like inuyasha to come to an end soon. like i'll be sad that it'll be over but it's crazy how long it is.

Meh, I need some spoilers... Detroit is under a snow storm warning and it's killing my satelitte (sp?) signal. Been under this warning since 8 pm and it's said that it's not going to end till 12 pm (tomorrow) I hoping that it'll clear up for just an hour so I can see Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell:SAC.

I need to know what happened in IGPX. (a little summary) I really wanted to see that fight.... And from the way it's looking, I'm going to need to know what's happening in FMA and GitS.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Turns out that the storm has toned down a bit. I caught the 3-3:30 episodes. (eastern time)

Guest Stafal-chan
[QUOTE=Sting]Meh, I need some spoilers... Detroit is under a snow storm warning and it's killing my satelitte (sp?) signal. Been under this warning since 8 pm and it's said that it's not going to end till 12 pm (tomorrow) I hoping that it'll clear up for just an hour so I can see Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell:SAC.

I need to know what happened in IGPX. (a little summary) I really wanted to see that fight.... And from the way it's looking, I'm going to need to know what's happening in FMA and GitS.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Turns out that the storm has toned down a bit. I caught the 3-3:30 episodes. (eastern time)[/QUOTE]

For Inuyasha a good place for spoilers is [url]www.inuyashaworld.com[/url] it gives episode descriptions which are usually accurate. i live in pennsylvannia and all we've been getting is rain... :animeangr i would rather have snow then i'd get outta school... and running in the rain is no fun(i do track). is IGPX any good? i started watching some of it and then i was never home enough to see it and i didn't wanna tape it (i find it easy to tape my episodes and lay around and watch them later...i like to sleep at night :sleep: )

No Inuyasha for me. I don't watch it.

As far as IGPX goes. I do think it's a good show. At 1st I was a little skeptical, mainly because I'm not into those sports type or mecha type animes. But the creators of GitS did this so I had to check it out. And to my surprise I found myself getting hooked.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Orange]Is what I read on the very first post in this thread right?!
COWBOY BEBOP on Cartoon Network?
All I can say is:
"It's about time!!!!!" :animesmil
and...
"When?!?" :animestun

:animeshy: ~~Sorry Im joining in on this thread totally late (understatment) But the My Otaku server is down so I thought I'd check out the Boards!~~[/COLOR] :animeshy:

[quote name='moogle claire][COLOR=Orange']Is what I read on the very first post in this thread right?![/COLOR][/quote]
Well, even if the first post was correct when written, it is still pretty dated. The first post was written on December 3 [b]2002[/b], so I doubt any of that information is still correct.

You can try Toonami.com or CartoonNetwork.com for the most recent schedule but when I did a (granted, fairly quick) search through the site I didn't see anything about Cowboy Bebop.

-Arvi

[QUOTE=moogle claire][COLOR=Orange]Is what I read on the very first post in this thread right?!
COWBOY BEBOP on Cartoon Network?
All I can say is:
"It's about time!!!!!" :animesmil
and...
"When?!?" :animestun[/color][/QUOTE]

The "when" was starting five years ago and has been almost nonstop for all of the following years. I understand if you're new to the anime scene but please try to do a bit of research on this type of stuff instead of posting with random questions that can be answered in one sentence.

:animestun Sorry didn't mean to offend you! :animestun

Ok and I am NOT new to the "anime scene" I grew up with it!
I would do research but I have better things to do, and the Cartoon Network over here is different and has never shown any CB before.

Sorry to have made you burst a blood vesel :animenose

EVA Unit 100, I don't think your reply was called for.

It's not uncommon for new members to miss the date on a post, but members eventually get the hang of it. Also, I think that moggle claire was actually interested in the topic and wanted to contribute to the conversation, which is perfectly acceptable.

The next time you see a member posting something that they shouldn't be, just report the post.

-Arvi

[QUOTE=moogle claire]:animestun Sorry didn't mean to offend you! :animestun

Ok and I am NOT new to the "anime scene" I grew up with it!
I would do research but I have better things to do, and the Cartoon Network over here is different and has never shown any CB before.

Sorry to have made you burst a blood vesel :animenose[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't know that you weren't from the US. I'm very sorry about making a post that could be interpreted as rude before. You didn't offend me at all.

I didn't know where to post this, so I hope I'm in the right place.
Just to let all my fellow Canadians know, if they didn't know allready,
on Friday, March 3d, 10 E/P, following Naruto... FULL METAL ALCHEMIST will be airing! There isn't much info on the YTV website... but there is this that I got from an about.com newsletter

[QUOTE][B]Anime News Flash[/B]
FMA fans in Canada have something to celebrate - FUNimation has announced that Fullmetal Alchemist is coming your way on YTV.

In a recent press release, FUNimation announced that YTV has picked up Fullmetal Alchemist for broadcast in Canada.

"Fullmetal Alchemist is one of those series that really captures its audience," continues Fukunaga. "It has an intriguing storyline, great content and incredible animation."

The Canadian debut is schedule for March 3rd and will air on YTV at 10:00pm, encore at 1:00am. For more Fullmetal Alchemist news, check out the official website.[/QUOTE]
:animesmil I'm so excited!