Syk3

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, i'm just glad that IGPX is back. This new season's going pretty good so far! i highly doubt that Team Satomi will win this year!

I have no time to watch Inuyasha on Tuesdays, so I catch them on Saturdays, which are [B]way[/B] behind. Hey, is Ghost in the Shell over? I missed the episode two weeks ago, and now they dont show it anymore. What happened?

Guest Starfire420
I don't know the line up but I mis the old line up I want them to bring back case closed,Lupin The 3rd,Witch Hunter Robin,and Wolve's Rain :(

Guest wrists-of-blood
i'm soooo glad that they still have fullmetal on!!! i'd be so looooonley if they didn't and ofcorse they HAVE to keep inuyasha!!! without it they'd loose sooooooooo many watchers...... :animecry: what if they got rid of it??? what would you guys do??? i wouldn't really care cuz i've see all of the eps already, so yea....but those who haven't finished....???????? :catgirl:

• 2 weeks later...
Allright, here's the deal. I'm IMing my friend right now, and she claims that she saw something on Adult Swim on how Bleach is going to premire sometime next month (July). Now, ordinarily I could just watch Adult Swim tonight and see if they say anything about the matter, but I can't, my cable (most of it, that is) is out and won't be repaired until July seventh.

Here's what I don't get. I looked onto Adult Swim's website, and it said Bleach will not be on until sometime in the fall. My friend swears that she saw a commercial saying Bleach was due out next month, which I find nearly impossible, since they didn't start dubbing it until a few months ago.

So, the seemingly dumb question is...when on earth is Bleach going to be aired on Adult Swim? Next month, or fall? Please, someone help end this debate. D:

[COLOR=#b9a336][SIZE=1][B]Sangome[/B] In the future if you have a question pertaining on when a show will come onto Cartoon Network/Adult swim, please use this thread at the top of the Forum. If you have any questions,feel free to Pm me or any other moderator -Ikillion[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Starfire420']I don't know the line up but I mis the old line up I want them to bring back case closed,Lupin The 3rd,Witch Hunter Robin,and Wolve's Rain :([/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I couldn't agree more! Especially Witch Hunter Robin and Wolf's Rain. Maybe even some good eps of Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho!!! [/COLOR]

They said they were going to bring back Rorouni Kenshin this summer but I haven't seen an episode yet. I really miss that show :animecry: YuYu Hakusho just about stopped airing a week before school got out. It would come on at 4:00 in tthe morning on Friday which would actually be Saturday morning. Sorry.Getting off the subject. -_-

I do miss Case closed. But I really miss the .hack episodes with Tsukasa,MeMe Roo,and Bear. I can't believe it's gone. It was awesome. Now they stoopped .hack Legend of The Twilight. Now there's not one on and thats not right. :animedepr

P.S. Does anyone understand BoBo-Bo-Bo-BoBo :animesmil .Just asking :D

If you do just send me a message.I'm new here.

Guest *~The Token~*
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]I miss Yu Yu Hakusho too. I was so into that Anime and then they didn't even "finish it". I was going to just suck it up and buy all the episodes on DVD but it costs so much. I mean three episodes for $25 bucks? Hell no. I also miss Case Closed. It was one of the best Animes. :animedepr

I remember, as I like to call "back in the day" when Adult Swim came on Saturday nights and a robot voice would come on and say: "All kids out of the pool. Adult swim." And they would show nothing but Anime and sometimes just multiple episodes of one Anime. Anyone remeber that? I sure do... :animestun

But atleast they still have good Animes playing on Adult Swim like: Inuyasha, Samuri Champloo, Ghost in the Shell just to name a few.:animesmil

BoBo-Bo-Bo-BoBo makes no sense. I've attempted to watch one episode and I don't even get it. "What's the plot?" One may ask, and none can give an answer. :animeangr
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

*raises hand* That's a big AYE from me. I even remember when they had Outlaw Star, though my brother's friend ended up buying the whole series on DVD for my bro's graduation present.

Hah, I used to stay up all night Saturdays just watching those animes, actually I have a friend who bought the YuYu Hakusho series, quite the interesting ending too, but you're right, it is a pretty big rip off for only three eps in one DVD.

While we're on the subject of complaining, has anyone watched the subbed version of Naruto before CN dubbed it? Please no Naruto dub-lovers take this to heart, but I honestly just want to shoot the people who did the voices, but that's only because I've watched up to ep. 189 in Japanese so I was rather shocked when I heard the American voice actors. And personally, I find they really do them no justice, especially when they changed Naruto's tag line of "Dattebayo" (which has no real meaning) to "Believe it!" as well as Shikamaru's "Soo Troublesome" to "what a drag".

*gets off her soap box*

Well I'm done...

[quote name='Ayi']I find they really do them no justice, especially when they changed Naruto's tag line of "Dattebayo" (which has no real meaning) to "Believe it!"[/quote]
[color=#007520]Just a curiosity, what would you have translated it to, or would you have removed it altogether?

-r2[/color]

[QUOTE=r2vq][color=#007520]Just a curiosity, what would you have translated it to, or would you have removed it altogether?

-r2[/color][/QUOTE]

Hmm...honestly, with the way he used it so versatily in the japanese version, there would be no "proper" meaning to it, so I'd would have to remove it altogether. At least that way, he wouldn't be repeating a single phrase so repetitively in the dub such as "Believe it".

[quote name='Ayi']...so I'd would have to remove it altogether. At least that way, he wouldn't be repeating a single phrase so repetitively in the dub such as "Believe it".[/quote]
[color=#007520]Well he was repeating a single phrase so repetitively in the original; it went "Dattebayo!"
Most fans would have been in an uproar if you removed the phrase altogether. It's an essential part of his character, blah blah blah.

The only reason I'm saying this is that no matter [i]how[/i] they translated Naruto, there would have been complaints and people who wouldn't have agreed. I think that translating "dattebayo" to a similar (even if not exactly the same) phrase like "Believe it!" was the route with the least resistance for the dubbers. Though, now we're going off topic, if you want to continue talking about this, I'd be glad to in the Naruto thread. ^^

-r2[/color]

[QUOTE=Ayi]
While we're on the subject of complaining, has anyone watched the subbed version of Naruto before CN dubbed it? Please no Naruto dub-lovers take this to heart, but I honestly just want to shoot the people who did the voices, but that's only because I've watched up to ep. 189 in Japanese so I was rather shocked when I heard the American voice actors. And personally, I find they really do them no justice, especially when they changed Naruto's tag line of "Dattebayo" (which has no real meaning) to "Believe it!" as well as Shikamaru's "Soo Troublesome" to "what a drag".

*gets off her soap box*

Well I'm done...[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Well Titi as you may hear me say later on YIM Pioneer did the same to Chichiri's phrase 'No Da!' In Fushigi Yugi to Ya know. No da as I've understood is just an exclaimation with no translation. And I really hated watching Fushigi Yugi in English because of that.

I think Viz changed dattebayo to Believe it so they wouldn't confuse the younger viewers. Naruto doesn't say either phrase in the English Manga.

Ok now that that's over I have to go watch Vandread on Plex![/color][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah i agree with the whole" Belive It!!" thing.. It so annoying... I've been watching naruto for about three or four years now...BUt i wonder what Cartoon network is going to to about Jiraiya...is he like going to be his perverted self...or have a nose bleeding problem.... :animeswea .

While we're on the subject of nit-picking at Naruto, does this show always tend to go at a slow pace? Take last Saturday's episode for example. [spoiler]When Sasuke won his fight[/spoiler] they spent entirely too much time just to think to themselves about Sasuke's abilities. Maybe that's a good thing to some, but when you spend like 7-10 minutes (that might be exaggerating a bit) doing so, something is wrong IMO.

I have problems with the memory thing, but that is for a discussion some other time.

[quote name='Bullet']While we're on the subject of nit-picking at Naruto, does this show always tend to go at a slow pace?[/quote]
[COLOR=Navy]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yeah, though I love to see the fight scenes, the reenactments, and complete explantations tend to get a little annoying at points.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yeah, though I love to see the fight scenes, the reenactments, and complete explantations tend to get a little annoying at points.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

They really do get annoying. I think that's why most people default to the manga. To get away from fillers and flashbacks.

Any Fan of Kids WB here if so their are does anyone feel betrayed by them. You for the fact that they got rid of anime and cartoon's on the weekday and if you could would you bring them back? Afterall Kids wb was the first place in the US where alot of great anime's started Like. Pokemon and Yugioh started. and their's Spider Riders plus Viewtiful Joe even though his cartoon sucks it's nothing like his 1st game. so viewtiful joe i could really do without. What your opinion on this matter? Do you feel Betrayed?

[quote name='Meru-chan']Yeah i agree with the whole" Belive It!!" thing.. It so annoying... I've been watching naruto for about three or four years now...BUt i wonder what Cartoon network is going to to about Jiraiya...is he like going to be his perverted self...or have a nose bleeding problem.... :animeswea .[/quote]

holy crap, you're right!!! what [B]will[/B] they do with Jiraiya??? and...Tsunade? are they going to...reduce her...um, you know :animeswea . but back to Jiraiya, i guess they cant do anything to cover that up. they'll probably just remove the major details and keep minor things, such as him hitting on or getting hit on by women.

[quote name='AnimeHeroX']Any Fan of Kids WB here if so their are does anyone feel betrayed by them. //snip//[/quote]
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]...Sigh...

I remember as a child of 7, I would get up in the mornings to watch Pokemon... and other stuff that I can't remember. :animedepr

I still watch it everynow and then, but...It's not the same as years ago..

The same with KidsWB...or...ummm, FoxBox...4Kids? Well, whatever it's called now, it dropped Digimon a long time ago, so that's been a lost cause. ChibiHorsewoman likes Winx Club, so I'm gonna give it a chance.

I miss my childhood...[/FONT][/COLOR] :animesigh

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]...Sigh...

I remember as a child of 7, I would get up in the mornings to watch Pokemon... and other stuff that I can't remember. :animedepr

I still watch it everynow and then, but...It's not the same as years ago..

The same with KidsWB...or...ummm, FoxBox...4Kids? Well, whatever it's called now, it dropped Digimon a long time ago, so that's been a lost cause. ChibiHorsewoman likes Winx Club, so I'm gonna give it a chance.

I miss my childhood...[/FONT][/COLOR] :animesigh[/QUOTE]

*sniffle* man, i know exactly how you feel!!!! i cant get up early on a saturday morning if my life depended on it anymore. i miss watching Pokemon on Saturdays, and Yu-Gi-Oh!. but they ended yu-gi-oh, and Pokemon isnt as good as it used to be. the first 4 seasons, and the end of season 5, were Pokemon's best, especially the first 3.

Viewtiful Joe manages to give me a good laugh every once in a while, and i couldnt get into Spider Riders.

but yeah, KidsWB kind of [B]did[/B] betray me. speaking of early Pokemon episodes, are they ever going to release them on DVD, in season box sets?? i'd really like them to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=KyuubiKhaos]*sniffle* man, i know exactly how you feel!!!! i cant get up early on a saturday morning if my life depended on it anymore. i miss watching Pokemon on Saturdays, and Yu-Gi-Oh!. but they ended yu-gi-oh, and Pokemon isnt as good as it used to be. the first 4 seasons, and the end of season 5, were Pokemon's best, especially the first 3.

Viewtiful Joe manages to give me a good laugh every once in a while, and i couldnt get into Spider Riders.

but yeah, KidsWB kind of [B]did[/B] betray me. speaking of early Pokemon episodes, are they ever going to release them on DVD, in season box sets?? i'd really like them to do that.[/QUOTE]

Hey, KyuubiKhaos. So bored...I think that 4Kids ruins everything that they get their hands on, except maybe the early Pokemon seasons...They're going to show Yu-gi-oh Capsule Monsters in the fall. And on Adult Swim, Bleach and Basilisk will be on this fall, too.

[quote name='queenbakura']They're going to show Yu-gi-oh Capsule Monsters in the fall. And on Adult Swim, Bleach and Basilisk will be on this fall, too.[/quote]
Correction. It's Bleach and Trinity Blood that're going to be aired on Adult Swim. Basilisk will be aired on IFC along with Gunslinger Girl. (I think that's the name) I have no idea when they're set to be aired, but I'm looking forward to Basilisk because I hear it's a ninja type anime.

While we're on the subject of Basilisk and Gunslinger Girl. What are these animes about. I don't hear much talk about them. Are they any good?

[QUOTE=Bullet]
While we're on the subject of Basilisk and Gunslinger Girl. What are these animes about. I don't hear much talk about them. Are they any good?[/QUOTE]

I personally liked it. It has several girls who have been mechanically enhanced being rigorously trained to be servants. Many become killers and assassins but it still has a side to it where you see the feelings of the girls and you see what they go through. Closest thing I can compare it to is Noir.