OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

[FONT=Arial][as] is calling their anime lineup "Breakfast Anime".

Seriously. Who eats breakfast at four in the morning? I can see 5 am that for Eastern, maybe, but us Central guys are getting a hard shaft.

And it also makes no sense because they've still got Bleach and FMA set in before the evening cycle even starts.[/FONT]

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Looks like someone answered your call Sangome.

New Saturday Schedule:

11:00 Robot Chicken
11:15 Robot Chicken
11:30 Aqua Teen Hunger Force
11:45 Aqua Teen Hunger Force
12:00 The Boondocks
1:00 Bleach
1:30 Morbito
2:00 Code Geass
2:30 Shin Chan
3:00 FLCL
3:30 Death Note
4:00 GITS
4:30 Cowboy Bebop
5:00 Big O
5:30 Inuyasha

While its not anything too new I'm not complaining, and now I have something actually good to watch at 3 in the morning after Gundam 00 S2 goes off. [IMG]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4945/awesomeemotebyyoyomastebq3.png[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I KNEW IT!

Hah, I was actually discussing this with Alla earlier. Although AS's site schedule apparently hasn't updated yet...but this was seen on a bumper, so...

1:00/2:00 AM is still late, but hey, at least I don't have to stare at R2 on a page filled with ads and crap anymore.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Looks like someone answered your call Sangome.

New Saturday Schedule:

11:00 Robot Chicken
11:15 Robot Chicken
11:30 Aqua Teen Hunger Force
11:45 Aqua Teen Hunger Force
12:00 The Boondocks
1:00 Bleach
1:30 Morbito
2:00 Code Geass
2:30 Shin Chan
3:00 FLCL
3:30 Death Note
4:00 GITS
4:30 Cowboy Bebop
5:00 Big O
5:30 Inuyasha

While its not anything too new I'm not complaining, and now I have something actually good to watch at 3 in the morning after Gundam 00 S2 goes off. [IMG]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4945/awesomeemotebyyoyomastebq3.png[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well it's better than this schedule that we have now. And I might actually be able to catch Morbito for a change. When does this start anyway? This coming Saturday?

• 2 months later...
So before I give my thoughts, I'll let you see it for yourself.

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-01-16/adult-swim-removes-moribito-from-weekend-schedule[/url]

[quote=ANN]America's Adult Swim television network has removed the Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit (Seirei no Moribito) adventure anime series from its schedule for this weekend. The last episode to run was episode 10 last weekend. The anime series is also missing from Adult Swim's schedule for the next three months. Instead, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 and the rest of the anime programs after it have been rescheduled one half hour earlier, and a second weekly episode of Inuyasha has been added.

The Moribito anime adapts Nahoko Uehashi's intricately detailed fantasy novel about a spearwoman who protects a prince from his own father and other enemies. The North American publisher Scholastic published the novel in English last June. Media Blasters picked up the distribution rights for the anime from Geneon Entertainment, and Bang Zoom! Entertainment has been dubbing the episodes since before its August television premiere.

Thank you to Herbkir for the news tip. [/quote]
"Sigh" Of course the obvious thing that's really getting me is the removal of Moribito. Seriously, that's the only series I was watching on Adult Swim. Now that it's gone, I have no reason to watch AS. (Cartoon Network in general now)

The biggest load of garbage is putting Inuyasha on in it's place. Are you kidding me? This is what, the 20th time it's been on? Are people really watching Inuyasha over and over again?

[quote name='Magus']

The biggest load of garbage is putting Inuyasha on in it's place. Are you kidding me? This is what, the 20th time it's been on? Are people really watching Inuyasha over and over again?[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]I was putting it on DVR because I missed everything after the whole Tsubaki mini series and my ex took my DVDs (alot of anime DVDs) in the divorce. But now I'm kinda ticked because two weeks ago they aired Kagome's Instinctive choice and then the Toad that would be Prince.... they're regurgitating the 1st season [I]again[/I]. And I never get up at 5AM [I]or[/I] 5:30 to watch anything. Maybe they should just air the movies and get it done with.

What no one on here has mentioned is that FMA is being aired again. At one point it was in a 1AM time slot (this was last year when my friend got me into it) then they brought it back at 3AM (and I have DVR so I can watch it at my convenience :animesmil) now it's on at 2:30AM- which is only slightly more convenient.

IMHO AS and CN have to put some decent anime in a time block from about 9pm-1AM then air all the other crap (AKA Crayon Shin Chan and like everything else) so I can watch it.

Oh yeah, and the Naruto movie about that stone is on again tonight at 9pm. I don't know if I want to put it on my DVR or not. I've been so busy lately I still have eps of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy I haven't watched yet.[/color]

^ Tell me about it, and I agree. They should just put the Inuyasha movies on and bury it afterwards. I don't watch it anymore since I've seen it all, (and it's on demand... >_>) but to have to keep putting up with the Inuyasha repeats (how many years has it been on AS?) is frustrating. Has any other anime on AS been repeated as much as Inuyasha? (At this point I'd rather take another repeat of Samurai Champloo or Trigun over Inuyasha again.)

[strike]I think I'm getting a little worn out with FMA, especially with another season coming. Not to mention that I can't stand the main characters.[/strike] FMA being on again, is a little bit more reasonable than having Inuyasha repeat, but they're pushing that too. (You can tell I'm being bias at this point right? I haven't said anything about GitS or Cowboy Bebop reruns XD)

Indeed CN and AS need some type of decent anime within that time frame. CN has taken an interesting approach with action movie thing they do every Saturday, but unfortunately, it's been mostly Naruto movies. (A mix of DC movies and Ben 10 which I don't watch at all.) And I don't really care about either Naruto or Bleach at the moment. (series for Naruto and anime for Bleach lol.)

I probably should watch that Naruto Guardian movie tonight, but then again, after I saw Clash in the Snow (I think that's the name of that movie.) and became even more annoyed with Naruto.. I think I'm gonna pass.

At this point CN/AS are pretty much telling people to go to Sci-Fi and IFC for anime. (Starz too, but it's hard to tell if they're going to keep going with the anime.)

[quote name='Magus'][strike]I think I'm getting a little worn out with FMA, especially with another season coming. Not to mention that I can't stand the main characters.[/strike][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]New series is actually based more strictly on the manga. The first few episodes are probably going to be the same, but overall there should be plenty less angst and a good deal more action. Just putting it out there.[/FONT]

While I do have a problem with angst driven characters (there was angst in FMA?), however, it's the spoiled bratty (Ed) and whiny (Al) moments that got to me.

Anyway, Ani-Monday did an update for their schedule.

[quote=Otaku0013 @ Toonzone]Monday January 19 & 26
11PM Gundam 00
11.5PM Gundam 00
12AM-1AM Macross Plus

Monday February 2
11PM Gundam 00
11.5PM Gundam 00
12AM Gudam 00
12.5AM Gundam 00

Monday February 9
11PM Gundam 00
11.5PM-1AM Appleseed

Monday February 16 & 23 & March 2 & 9
11PM-1AM Anime Movie
X (Feb 16)
Street Fighter Alpha (Feb 23)
Straight Jacket (Mar 2)
Ninja Scroll (Mar 9)

Monday March 16 & 23
11PM Gurren Lagann
11.5PM Gurren Lagann
[b]12AM Rave Master
12.5AM Rave Master[/b][/quote]

Rave Master eh. I remember turning to it on Cartoon Network one day, but at the same time I also remember turning it within minutes later.

Given the fact that I didn't give Gurren Lagann a fair chance last time, and I hate GAINAX character designs, I may give it another chance. I did go back and give One Piece (manga) a fair chance and turned out to like it and the character designs in that is as wacky as all out-doors, so who knows...

And even though it was edited last time, and more than likely it'll be edited this time, Ninja Scroll was still good. In fact I prefer it this way. [spoiler]While I don't mind it, the nudity and raping's not needed at all.[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...
someone should let me know when they have repeats of bleach on. I watched it for a while then had to skip like a month then got so lost that i gave up. i liked the series when it started but now i am mucho confused.

• 1 month later...
Another schedule change for adult swim for saturdays.

12:30 - Bleach (new)
1:00 - Bleach (new)
1:30 - Code Geass (looks like first episode)
2:00 - Code Geass
2:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist
3:00 - Death Note
3:30 - Ghost in the Shell: SAC
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop
4:30 - Big O
5:00 - Inuyasha
5:30 - Inuyasha

"Sigh" I want Moribito back. The only shows I've been watching were GitS, Cowboy Bebop and Big O (Death Note every once in a while). And even though I can catch Code Geass from the beginning, I'm just not interested anymore.

• 1 month later...
Sometimes I forget how long I've been watching a show oe how long its been re-aired. I feel old remembering Toonami and when adult swim first started. God I hated those cutscenes of swimming pools and old people. I'm actually surprised they arent sticking DBZ/GT in a slot or Cowboy Bebop. With the aception of ATHF and Robot chicken shoul;d go fully anime. I can remember when Inuyasha first aired on AS a good almopst seven years ago around after they droped those depressing swimming pool scenes. Trigun was ending for a second tiime, Cowboy Bebop was on and they took a hiatus from DBZ for a month or so. Ya know what, I think I caught DBZ on during the daytime sometime between Feburary and now or is that my oldness kicking in?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Eh Anime wise I only watch AS for Bleach really now days... Seen Bebop I dunno how many times now, I still love it but they really need to find something new. Inuyasha needs to stop already, mainly cuz I dont think they have ever bothered playing it all the way through the series without cutting back to the start all over again. Got sick of it the same rotation of episodes when I know they've all been out for how long now?

It makes one wonder "Are the ratings they get for it now still as worth it as it was when they first started showing it?" Probably not... ~_~

Own Death Note so theres really no reason to watch it on tv specially not since Ive had it long before they ever aired it.

I dunno tv has been failing me as far as anime goes, mostly I just avoid it and see what I can find online thats worth watching or putting money into to get my hands on.

On a side note the swimming old people was kinda disturbing... First time I saw that I was like "... Okay then..."

• 1 month later...
[url=http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html][u]Adult Swim update[/u][/url]

Aw man, it was already hard for me to catch Moribito at 1:30 now it's been pushed to the 2:30 time slot... Unless Moribito appears on demand there's no chance for me to watch it. Do FMA really need re-air again? >_>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]This hasn't been posted about yet ['least not here], so I figured I'd give everyone a heads up.

[URL="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-01-11/adult-swim-loses-blood-and-death-note-hints-at-3-new-anime"][U]Article[/U][/URL]

Adult Swim has dropped/lost the rights to [B]Death Note[/B] and [B]Blood+[/B], citing that they're "clearing out" for new shows they "may" have picked up. And apparently, there's a new show scheduled to begin airing February 13th, thought to be one of these three new series.

The most popular guesses seem to be [B]Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood[/B], [B]Inuyasha: The Final Act[/B], and [B]Soul Eater[/B].

FMA: B is the most glaringly obvious one, since the original FMA series was a huge success for them, and [i]not[/i] getting the rights to air it would be rather absurd. [Even though their treatment of anime the past couple years has been absurd enough to begin with...] This is the one I'm personally betting on.

Inuyasha: TFA also seems obvious, however I've heard nothing about Viz dubbing it, just that they're simulacasting it [whereas Funi has listed their dub cast for FMA: B and are set to release the first part of the series this spring].

And as for Soul Eater...as cool as it would be [from what I've been able to see of it anyway], I don't really think it's AS material. I mean, it COULD, but it seems a slight cut below what they'd normally air for anime. But this is just me going off only having seen the first 11 episodes, so it could very well be a perfect fit. [And hey, they [I]did[/I] air [B]FLCL[/B] and proclaim it to be their favorite anime they've ever aired, so who knows.]

But yeah. Let's keep our eyes on the promos [maybe >_>] and channel leading up to February 13th.

[b]Edit:[/b] And I fail. It's the 13th when it airs, not the 6th.[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 5 weeks later...
[COLOR="Red"]All I know is the lineup they got now sucks. And all this live action lame british shows ****** suck.I'm glad they're done with Superjail and Deathnote needn't come back anyway. They need ot bust there *** and get some new ****. I was a member on the site at one time and forgot about it, so I might not have an account anymore. Hmmm...maybe.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=darkred]I do agree a bit. 2 hours of Bleach... An hour is fine, but 2 is ridiculous. But I'm hearing that Bleach has some decent ratings so "shrugs" can't fault them for expanding the episodes. Don't need FLCL anymore (I hate that show) I do wish they would put Samurai Champloo back on though. (At least on demand)[/size][/color]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I'd love to actually [I]finish[/I] Samurai Champloo, but I'm pretty sure they don't have the rights to air the series anymore [and haven't for awhile...].

Anyway, normally I'd be inclined to agree, however, they've got FMA: Brotherhood on their roster now, and airing at a somewhat feasible time [11 PM/midnight as opposed to, say, 1/1:30 AM] will definitely help it. Not only that, they've actually been airing commercials for it! The last time I remember seeing a commercial for an anime was with Eureka Seven, which was back in, like...06/07.

They're even airing the commercials during their Family Guy slots [which is their highest rated show]! So, that's definitely helping to expose it.

I dunno. Normally I'd be in the boat of hate for AS, but...I've honestly got some hope renewed for it. We'll just have to see where this takes it.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][color=darkred]It really depends on the other 2 series AS got before I jump back on board. (If one of those is Inuyasha then I won't be on board since I don't care for it) The late airing of Moribito and the repeats of series I've gotten tired of seeing or have on tape already put me off. But then again I haven't really supported CN/AS as a whole since the lost of Toonami. (Haven't watched much of anything in a long time on that channel outside of FMA this morning.[/size][/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[size=1][color=green][u][url=http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/32929/toonzone-at-the-nickelodeon-upfront-2010-dragonball-z-kai-voltron-panthera-force]Dragonball Z Kai heads to Nicktoons[/url][/u]

Can't say I'm much of a fan of the DB universe anymore. I mean I may reminisce about it here and there, but I really don't care for it now days after being exposed to other series. Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad more anime is coming to tv (although I'm not sure if people can get Nicktoons), but I really wish it was something else... "shrugs"[/size][/color]

• 3 months later...
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][url="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-29/new-bleach-episodes-return-to-adult-swim-on-august-28"]New Bleach episodes to return to AS on August 28th.[/url] But also of note is the fact that FMA: Brotherhood is going to be taking a hiatus around this time to make way for new Bleach, as well. Although it's extremely likely that this hiatus is to dub more episodes, especially considering that the second boxset -- releasing around the same time it's going on hiatus -- has only up to episode 26, which is where the anime will end on AS for the time being. Plus, they did the same thing when the original FMA aired years ago, so this isn't really anything new. Better they dub more now and get it over with, rather than rush into dubbing like Bandai did with Code Geass R2, causing it to go on numerous hiatuses while it ran on AS.

Another thing of note is that Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig and Cowboy Bebop will finish up their reruns and be replaced with King of the Hill and The Boondocks. Some are actually speculating that AS might be letting their licenses expire for GitS and Bebop, but this hasn't been confirmed.[/font][/color] Edited by Vivian