Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I wonder if Cartoon Network / Adult Swim is diliberately trying to kill itself off.

Mon - Thur

11PM - Family Guy (hour)
12AM - Robot Chicken
12:15AM - Metalocalypse
12:30AM - The Boondocks
1AM - Harvey Birdman (half hour)
1:30AM - Home Movies

Ouch..

This starts next week btw... Source = Adult Swim schedule[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Memphis'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I wonder if Cartoon Network / Adult Swim is diliberately trying to kill itself off.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Our day is Saturday, but it's rapidly being encroached upon by Venture Brothers.

Speaking of Saturday, small change in the itinerary, but only the 1:30 slot. Once Blood+ Ep. 50 airs, [as] will play four episodes of Cowboy Bebop in its slot: #s 12, 13, 25, and 26. After that, Code Geass will replace it.

At least we still have an hour and a half.

>_>[/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"]Cartoon Network showed another Miazaki movie, Howl's Moving Castle last Sunday, I hope they show it again. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky were amazing movies, and Cartoon Network made a good move showing them, so missing Howl's Moving Castle is a big mistake[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently Moribito [url=http://giapet.net/2008/03/31/seirei-no-moribito-to-air-on-cn-mb-has-2-more-geneon-titles/]is going to air on CN after all[/url]. While this news is of course full of blazing win, I have to wonder how viewers will receive it... the action and visuals are gorgeous, but it's also a very talky/thoughtful show.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]As it stands right now, anime will remain completely scrapped from the weeknights. Sunday also is anime-less ? though that's not news to anyone. (Aside from Robot Chicken, and maybe the Venture Brothers, is there [I]anything[/I] [as] has programmed that people actually watch? :animesigh)

Saturday's block has been "extended to two hours", depending on whether or not you decided to classify Crayon Shin-Chan as anime. (I really don't care either way; the style reminds me of Lupin III, but of the two I'd prefer Lupin.)

Oh, and if anyone decides to be awake at 5:00 am at all, [I][B]ever[/B][/I], InuYasha is guaranteed to be playing for that hour, no matter the day.

As for the only important day, here goes:

[U][B]Apr. 12, 19[/B][/U]

12:00 am ? Crayon Shin Chan
12:30 am ? Bleach
1:00 am ? Death Note
1:30 am ? Cowboy Bebop (Eps. 25, 26)

[U][B]Apr. 26[/B] (to whenever they change it)[/U]

12:00 am ? Crayon Shin Chan
12:30 am ? Bleach
1:00 am ? Death Note
1:30 am ? [COLOR="Red"]Code Geass[/COLOR]

As always, all times Eastern.[/FONT]

[quote name='Aerith8608']I'm still not completely clear on why they've done this. Does any one know? I was under the impression that the main selling point of Adult Awim was the anime. :([/QUOTE]

More like their main [I]attraction[/I] is the anime. They haven't realized it yet because they're to stupid to realize that Aqua Teen Hunger Force stopped being funny a while ago.

[SIZE="1"]Harvey Birdman's pretty good, though.[/SIZE]

• 2 months later...
I'm curious to see if Adult Swim pick up D.Gray-man now that it's being licensed to Funimation. I see either AS or Cartoon Network picking it up to replace one of their primetime anime series after it runs dry (i.e. Naruto Dubs run their course, unless CNetwork is picking up the Shippuden, no idea though).

I'd watch it. Again.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Morbito is the next thing on Adult Swims block. (Whatever that is...) Assuming that's going to take the place of Death Note.

As far as D.Grayman goes, if it's anything like Fullmetal Alchemist (so I've seen comparisons), it would more than likely go to AS, or perhaps the Sci-Fi channel since they've been acquiring quite a few bits of decent anime here and there. But there's also IFC... Seems like Funimation is glued to that channel.[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]Dude, Robot Chicken is great. It's possibly the only show I watch on [as] anymore, just because it's so dang screwy. I mean, who else would start with a Star Wars / Star Trek combo convention and end up with a circus composed entirely of Leonard Nemoy clones?

I [I]really[/I] need to get back to school. Can't watch TV late in this darned house because it's supposedly bad for my health. But if anyone still cares, I'll toss up an updated schedule maybe a week before I go back.[/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Aceburner']More like their main [I]attraction[/I] is the anime. They haven't realized it yet because they're to stupid to realize that Aqua Teen Hunger Force stopped being funny a while ago.

[SIZE="1"]Harvey Birdman's pretty good, though.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]I know! The crap they have on there now is so unbelievably stupid! The only decent thing I've found is InuYasha and I have to set my DVR to watch it since it airs at 5:30 (They just started the 1st season again last week)
I wish they'd get FMA or Kare Kano or Fruits Basket on there.

It's like every show on there now is directed at the mentally challenged.[/color]

[FONT=Arial]Right, so with me going back to college, I thought I'd toss up the current lineup for anime on cable.

For [B][as][/B], everyone's favorite "what the crap are you THINKING" network, Saturday is still the only day we have. They've got:

[B][U]Aug. 23 ? Sept. 20; Oct. 4[/U][/B]

11:00 pm ? Metalocalypse
11:30 ? The Venture Brothers
12:00 am ? Crayon Shin Chan (oh for pete's sake....)
12:30 ? Bleach
1:00 ? Code Geass
1:30 ? [COLOR="Red"]Moribito[/COLOR]

[SIZE=3]YESS!!!![/size] The US just won gold in women's beach volleyball!! Take [I]that[/I], China!

[I]*cough*[/I] Sorry.

Anyway, Moribito is a twenty-six-episode show which will begin airing this weekend, resolving a few weeks of schedule-shuffling following the conclusion of Death Note's airtime. [URL="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6634"][COLOR="Blue"]Here[/COLOR][/URL] is the page on ANN about the series, but the quick synopsis that I just totally copied off their site is as follows.
[QUOTE][I][align=justify][FONT="Arial"][B]Plot Summary:[/B] Balsa the spearwoman is a wandering warrior, who takes on the task of saving lives, in atonement for a past sin. On her journey, she happens to save a prince, and is tasked with becoming his bodyguard. And he is going to need one, for his own father, the emperor, wants him dead. [/FONT][/align][/I][/QUOTE]

Female lead to switch things up, I suppose. Regardless, I'll be attempting to check it out. (Dunno how that'll work out, living in a hotel room for the first few days or so of school. Maybe my roommate will be understanding. Or maybe I'll just be forceful. :D)

You'll notice that I left one week out of the plan up there. That week is [as]'s annual BK Have It Your Way winner-programmed week, so no clue what'll be happening there. Hopefully it won't be a marathon of Perfect Hair Forever.

And lastly, Sci-Fi's increasingly popular [B]Ani-Monday[/B] continues with the goodness that [as] seems to be only passing interested in providing for us. Here goes:

[B][U]Aug. 25[/U][/B] ? Anime Movie: Read Or Die (hell [I]yeah[/I], suckah!!!)

[B][U]Sept. 1[/U][/B] ? Anime Movie: Street Fighter Alpha

[B][U]Sept. 8 ? Sept. 15[/U][/B]
11:00 pm ? Gurren Lagann
11:30 ? Gurrenn Lagann
12:00 am ? Now and Then, Here and There
12:30 ? Now and Then, Here and There

[B][U]Sept. 22[/U][/B]
12:00 am ? Now and Then, Here and There
12:30 ? Negadon, The Monster from Mars

[B][U]Sept. 29[/U][/B]
12:00 am ? M.D. Geist

Thank you, Sci-Fi, for actually doing us some good.

As always, all times Eastern.[/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Just a quick update for those of you who care/are wondering/whatever. Code Geass and Moribito have both been moved up to the 5:00 and 5:30 time slots respectively while Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist have moved up to the 11:00 and 11:30 spots. Whether this is some kind of God level trolling I'm not sure at this point, but they did a great job of it.

Hope you have your DVR's set![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[FONT="Arial"]Okay, since I've not updated this schedule in . . . well, forever, I think it's time to do so.

Oh, wait. [as] is still stupid. Guess that leaves Sci-Fi, then!

TTGL shares the two-hour block with the kind of weird-genre shinigami series Descendants of Darkness. This Monday is an even two-episode split, and on the Tenth TTGL gets three episodes to Descendant's one. The 17th is odd, since there doesn't seem to be an anime lineup slotted, but the 24th has "Gundam Season 1" taking over for TTGL, still sharing with the other series.

Nothing listed for December yet, unfortunately. I'll see if I can not neglect posting when it does.[/FONT]

Gundam season 1? Gundam Wing? If so, I finally get a chance to see what was so great about Gundam Wing. Or is it that new Gundam 00?

How long has AS been on this silly schedule with Code Geass (which I'm bout tired of anyway) and Morbito (which I've yet to catch) coming on at 5-6 am? I haven't seen AS in almost 2 months now.

[SIZE="1"]It's Gundam 00, Phenom. I highly recommend it. <3

So, no news about AS possibly changing their 'tard schedule? The first season of Code Geass just ended last week, with R2 slated to air "immediately afterwords"...starting what is technically a new series at 4/5 AM baffles me. But I guess I shouldn't be too surprised nowadays.[/SIZE]