OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

Guest donttouchme
i hate how cartoon net work put naruto on there god there so annoying naruto should olny be for hard core fans of anime!

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Sasukes_wife
Thanks for the line up. now i know when Yu Yu. comes on with my Hiei. thanks!^^

[INDENT][color=#007520][SIZE=1]I removed the quote from your post. Quoting an entire post is pointless, and since it's so much longer than your own post it causes the boards to be messy. Also, [b]please keep in mind that the schedule on the first page is very old. Cartoon Network has undoubtedly changed their schedule more than once since then.[/b] -r2[/SIZE][/color][/INDENT]

[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You know call it bordem or kindness, (or sleep deprivation), but I decided to go and check up on the adult swim schedule and here ish what I got. (they have had this planed rather well.

[CENTER][COLOR=Black][SIZE=5][FONT=Arial]ADULT SWIM SCHEDULE![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Black]For Saturdays, 11:00pm till 1:30am, August 26th, Till December 23rd.[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

From August 26th - September 2nd

11:00pm: Futurama
11:30pm: Shin Chan
12:00am: Fullmetal Alchemist
12:30am: Ghost in the Shell
1:00am: Eureka 7
1:30am: Inyuasha

For September 9th (The day you all have been waiting for)

11:00pm: Futurama
11:30pm: Shin Chan
12:00am: Trinity Blood -NEW!
12:30am: Bleach - NEW!
1:30am: Inyuasha

From September 16th - October 21st

11:00pm: Futurama / Boondocks (Boondocks start on Sept. 23rd)
11:30pm: Robot / Metal (not to sure on this one, I will let you [URL=http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5214/untitled1wm7.jpg]see[/URL] it for yourself.
12:00am: Trinity Blood
12:30am: Bleach
1:30am: FLCL

From October 28th - December 16th

11:00pm: Boondocks
11:30pm: Robot / Metal
12:00am: Trinity Blood
12:30am: Bleach
1:00am: Samurai Champloo (Back from the first episode)
1:30am: Eureka 7 (Back from the first Episode)

And finally,

December 23rd

11:00pm - 1:00am Inuyasha the movie 4 ( Just in time for Christmas yeah?)

That is all for this announcment, I would have said something eairler but I was just to lazy, hope you all enjoy.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]In regards to the schedule above....does that mean that CN is getting rid of [B]Inuyasha[/B]? I'm wondering if CN will resume the new episodes of [B]Inuyasha[/B]. I mean...they are SO close to finishing the entire series. Why not just finish showing it? :animeswea [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]In regards to the question above I would have to say yes. Although I am not really one of those "HO NOEZ!11! They arnt going to finish Inyuasha!?1/1!?1/1??!" Kind of people I don't know for sure that they took them off for good. They just did it on saturdays since thats all I really checked.

If you want to see the ENTIRE scheduel for the upcoming weeks in adult swim. I got it all from [URL=http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html]here[/URL]

Update: Well it seems as if they have changed it slightly, and are going to try to just push out the rest of the episodes of inyuasha.

October 16th - 19th
12:00 am
Inyuasha episodes 160 - 163

October 23rd - 26th
12:00 am
Inyuasha episodes 167 - 167

So yeah, looks like they are doing it on a weekday, and are just trying to squeeze out the rest of the episodes so the fans can probably stop yelling at them.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
[b][size=1]Seeing that we all know (or some / most of us) by now that Basilisk will be coming on October 6 on IFC, I was wondering what does that mean for Samurai 7? I know they come on 2 different days, but I was wondering are they going to do re-runs (even though it comes on twice) or switch that with Gunslinger Girls? I'm kind of hoping for re-runs since I missed the last 2 - 3 episodes (no satellite, cable at the moment)[/b][/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You know call it bordem or kindness, (or sleep deprivation), but I decided to go and check up on the adult swim schedule and here ish what I got. (they have had this planed rather well.
//snip//[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
what is up with shin chan it is like so random and wht not i like it bettern in 2002 with those shows un like bo bobobobo or what ever

[COLOR=#007520][INDENT][SIZE=1]What is up with the quote? It looked like it was fifteen times longer than your part of the post. Please, trim the quote before adding your post. Also, your grammar and spelling need a lot of work. Work on those, and read the rules before you continue to post. -r2[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Lime]The line up is wack. I hate it since I always have school and can't stay up too late to watch shows that I want. We don't have dish so we can't record. We have cable but the shows are on at like midnight and with school, I'm totally beat. So they really need to do something about this schedule and soon![/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial][adult swim]'s current schedule. Edited again for your scheduling pleasure.

For Feb. 3--Mar. 31

11:00 p.m. Futurama
11:30 p.m. Trinity Blood (through Mar.3) / *new anime* (starts Mar. 10)
12:00 a.m. Bleach
12:30 a.m. Eureka 7
1:00 a.m. Samurai Champloo
1:30 a.m. Lupin III

All times EST.[/FONT]

• 3 months later...
Furi Kuri
One Piece
Honey & Clover
School Rumble
Akira
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
AIR TV
Azumanga Daioh
Noir
Twelve Kingdoms
Rurouni Kenshin
Mahoromatic
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Slayers
El Hazard
Hunter x Hunter
You're Under Arrest
Well here?s a nice links of almost every Japanese anime official website.
[url]http://www.oohjapan.com/category/manga/index.htm[/url] I actually often jump to my favorite links from here.

• 1 month later...
[FONT=Arial]So, Trinity Blood is (sadly) over, and [adult swim] has now altered a bunch of stuff for Saturday. Here goes:

11:00 PM - The Oblongs
11:30 - The Boondocks
12:00 AM - Bleach
12:30 - Blood+ (new item)
1:00 - Eureka 7 (new time)
1:30 - Samurai Champloo

And The Big O and Gigantor are still on at 5:00 and 5:30, if anybody wants to know.

As always, all times EST.[/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Does anyone know if Adult Swim is still going to play the anime tonight? Or any of their normal line-up? I know its Apirl Fools and they like to mess with people but, are they going to still show the noraml shows at their repeat time, and what time would that be?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tempest][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Does anyone know if Adult Swim is still going to play the anime tonight?[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Sorry about that. I've been a bit busy lately, and therefore I let myself get a little remiss in my [as] tabs. Can I also mention that I hate April Fool's Day right now? I mean, I could deal with a gay Yogi Bear cartoon and the Chuck Norris and Mr. T shows last year, but a marathon of Perfect Hair Forever? If it's from the U.S. and not by Hanna-Barbara, don't show it. Unless it's awesome. Like Robot Chicken.

Anyway, current line-up:

----------------------------------------------------

Apr. 7-28

11:00 pm: The Oblongs
11:30 pm: The Boondocks
12:00 am: Bleach
12:30 am: Blood +
1:00 am: Eureka 7
1:30 am: Samurai Champloo

May 5, 12

[COLOR=DarkRed]1:00 am: GITS 2nd Gig[/COLOR]

May 19, 26

1:00 am: GITS 2nd Gig
[COLOR=DarkRed]1:30 am: Cowboy Bebop[/COLOR]

Jun. 2

Futurama Marathon

All times EST.

Right. I'll try to stay on top of this better. Sorry. And yeah, just expect [as] to pull some crap or other around April 1st each year. Irritating, but we've got to deal with it.[/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]Okay, so I'm a little disappointed. [as] changed their minds about Cowboy Bebop, and it won't be airing on May 19th.

Current line-up:

Apr. 21, 28

1:00 am: Eureka 7

May 5, 12

[COLOR=DarkRed]1:00 am: GITS 2nd Gig[/COLOR]

May 19 - Jun. 23

1:00 am: GITS 2nd Gig
[COLOR=DarkRed]1:30 am: Trinity Blood[/COLOR]

[U]Except for[/U] Jun. 2:

Futurama Marathon

All times EST.

No so bothered that TB's taking Bebop's place, but still.

Oh, and there's a Robot Chicken Star Wars Special airing all night on Jun. 17th. Enjoy.[/FONT]

• 1 month later...
blah! Why oh why can't they show something that's NOT inuyasha or hagane no alchemist or bleach or blood+ on weekdays?? why????

Though bleach on weeknights is.. good i guess..another chance to watch it... and cowboy bebop's starting on saturdays soon... that's pretty good.. too bad [as] didn't get tenjou tenge instead of fuse... that would've been nice.

• 1 month later...
[FONT=Arial]I'm back with the line-up, if anyone cares. :p But then again, I'm also Siamese if you [I]don't[/I] please, so whatever.

I've only got through the end of September right now. Hopefully I'll keep up with this better as soon as the school year gets started again and I'm alive at normal hours.

Current line-up:

[B]Saturday:[/B]

Aug. 4 - Sept. 22

11:00 pm: Futurama
11:30 pm: Crayon Shin-Chan
1:00 am: GitS SAC, 2nd GiG
1:30 am: Trinity Blood
2:00 am: Astro Boy

[I][U]Except[/U] [U]for[/U][/I] Aug. 25:

Futurama Marathon (again, by God!)

Sept. 29:

BK HAVE IT YOUR WAY night. (I hope this one's as awesome as the FLCL marathon last time.)

[B]Sunday:[/B]

Aug. 5 - Sept. 2

10:00 pm: Futurama (hour slot)
11:00 pm: Family Guy
11:30 pm: Robot Chicken / Metalocalypse
12:00 am: Frisky Dingo / Moral Orel
12:30 am: The Venture Brothers
1:00 am: The Oblongs
1:30 am: Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job! / Tom Goes to the Mayor

Sept. 9 - 30

10:00 pm: Futurama (hour slot)
11:00 pm: Family Guy
11:30 pm: Robot Chicken / Metalocalypse
12:00 am: Frisky Dingo / [COLOR="DarkRed"]Lucy[/COLOR] (?)
12:30 am: The Venture Brothers
1:00 am: The Oblongs
1:30 am: Tim and Eric / TGTTM

[strike]Not sure what "Lucy" is – I couldn't find anything. When/if I figure it out, I'll edit.[/strike]
Show title is [COLOR="DarkRed"]Lucy, Daughter of the Devil[/COLOR]. Have fun.

[B]Mon. - Fri.:[/B]
(This one gets a bit interesting, so bear with me.)

[B]Futurama[/B] runs at 11:00, and [B]Family Guy[/B] at 11:30.

Midnight is a wacky slot. [B]Robot Chicken / Aqua Teen Hunger Force[/B] will finish out the week, and [as] switches to [B]Harvey Birdman / Frisky Dingo[/B] starting the 6th. On the 27th, [B]Saul of the Mole Men[/B] takes over for Frisky, and [I]that[/I] pairing lasts until the Birdman two-parter airs Sept. 28. After that, it swaps to [B]Squidbillies / ATHF[/B]. Talk about the runaround.

In the next slot, [B]Bleach[/B] runs until Aug. 17 (Ep. 45), after which [B]Blood+[/B] starts up. Saya keeps the twelve-thirty through Sept. 21, and then Bleach starts [I]back[/I] up the Monday after.

At 1:00 am is [B]FMA[/B]. [I]That[/I] runs through the series end, and then loops back to pick up Eps. 1 & 2. (Why they do this [U]every[/U] [U]time[/U], I don't know. Maybe it's to finish out the week....) Sept. 17, which is the week after, marks [B]Cowboy Bebop[/B]'s return.

[B]InuYasha[/B] gets the 1:30 and the 2:00, airing through Ep. 167 on Sept. 24th. After that, they start over from the top.

All times EST, unless I missed something.

Whew. Hope this makes somebody happy. At any rate, it's here for the viewing.

-A

[B]Edit:[/B] I [I]did[/I] miss something. ATHF marathon runs [U]tonight[/U] (i.e., the 13th). I forgot to mention it earlier. Oops.[/FONT]

• 1 month later...
It's official! Adult Swim gets Death Note!!

[url]http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=6&message.id=4409549&jump=true#M4409549[/url]

An Admin at the Adult Swim Message boards has just confirmed a few minutes ago that Adult Swim has gotten the rights to air the Death Note anime series.

Here is what the administrator said:

[QUOTE]You heard it here first, folks.
The new anime is indeed Death Note as a lot of you have speculated.
This is a great show and we're proud to present it on air as well as online.
It's first scheduled showing is Oct 20th at 12:00 a.m. so please don't miss it or you may find your name in a place you don't want it to be.[/QUOTE]

Pretty cool, huh? This is really exciting news. New anime on Adult Swim is always great news, but a highly popular series like Death Note is really amazing. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="Navy"]Adult Swims schedule changes yet again. You probably already know this already, but I'll post it anyway.

Starting January 5th Bleach returns

Saturdays
--------------
11:00 - Bleach (new episode)
11:30 - Death Note (new episode)
12:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist
12:30 - Blood + (new episode)
1:00 - Samurai Champloo
1:30 - BIG O!!!! (YES)

2:00 - 4:30 (repeat)

5:00 - Inuyasha
5:30 - Astro Boy

Mondays
----------------
12:30 - Shin Chan
1:00 - Death Note (Mondays... Repeat of Saturdays)
1:30 - Bleach (Mondays. Repeat of Saturdays)
2:00 - FLCL (Sighs. Mondays)

Tuesdays - Fridays
12:30 - Shin Chan
1:00 - Ghost in the Shell: SAC
1:30 - Eureka 7

Sundays don't matter to me. Anyway, they took off Futurama (Finally) and whatever they consider as "comedy" and replaced everything with anime.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Tombstone][COLOR="Navy"']Sundays don't matter to me. Anyway, they took off Futurama (Finally) and whatever they consider as "comedy" and replaced everything with anime.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]About frikkin' time.

Speaking of scheduling, thought I'd drop Sci-Fi's little ani-MONDAY slot, which'll be picking up again on January 7[SIZE=1]th[/SIZE].

11:00 pm: Tactics
11:30 pm: Tactics
12:00 am: Noein
12:30 am: Noein

Fairly straightforward enough.[/FONT]

Just a reminder that [url=http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/11756.html][u]IFC will air[/u][/url] [b]Witchblade[/b], [b]Hell Girl[/b] (Jigoku Shoujo) and [b]Speed Grapher[/b] in 2008.

[url=http://www.ifc.com/searchresult?search=witchblade&x=4&y=8][u]Witchblade[/u][/url] starts on 1/4.

~Dagger~

• 1 month later...
[FONT=Arial]Well, [as] crapped on itself again. Here goes:

11:00 pm: Harvey Birdman
11:30 pm: Venture Brothers
12:00 am: Frisky Dingo
12:30 am: Death Note (new)
1:00 am: Bleach (new starting Mar. 1)
1:30 am: Blood+ (new)

On Mar. 29, Blood+ purportedly switches to Bebop, but who knows what [as]'ll do between now and then.

All times Eastern. (and Pacific? :p)[/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...