OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

This is why I think adult swim should just go ahead and oust anime from it's line-up altogether. Sell all the anime they have to another channel or something. Taking anime off to be replaced by these "comedies" does nothing but lessen the likelihood of me tuning into anything at all. (Granted I have nothing against Boondocks at all. It's the only thing I'd actually watch from a comedy standpoint)

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Magus' date='29 June 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1277867474' post='696181']
This is why I think adult swim should just go ahead and oust anime from it's line-up altogether. Sell all the anime they have to another channel or something. Taking anime off to be replaced by these "comedies" does nothing but lessen the likelihood of me tuning into anything at all. (Granted I have nothing against Boondocks at all. It's the only thing I'd actually watch from a comedy standpoint)
[/quote]

[color="#008000"]Eee-Gad!:o Please don't say that Magus.

They need to just need to refine there line up and get rid of some crap, not ditch all the anime.
[/color]

[quote name='Botar' date='29 June 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1277868815' post='696183']
[color="#008000"]Eee-Gad!:o Please don't say that Magus.

They need to just need to refine there line up and get rid of some crap, not ditch all the anime.
[/color]
[/quote]

well.. id say he is right for the most part... most people like the comedies and dislike any anime they show... and now the few viewers who would go on for the anime are disappointed from the less than sterling selection they give us...

but at the same time id say you have a point... if they just refined there line up such as going back to the saterday anime action and sunday comedies the people who wanted to watch anime have a full block of it and the people who want comidies wont complaine cuz they can skip the one day of the week... the mix and match thing is just usless though..

Considering what they're doing right now, I'd rather they just get rid of all their anime. It's almost like every new series that gets brought in, a timeslot is lost for something Family Guy-ish... >_> And that's been the trend for quite some time with Adult Swim. Either kill all of it or none of it. This slow progression of offing anime does nothing but get people hot under the collar. I am hearing that the people over adult swim don't care for anime already so.. yeah. Just kill it off and sell it to someone (Syfy) that'll handle anime better.

[quote name='Magus' date='29 June 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1277869882' post='696185']
Considering what they're doing right now, I'd rather they just get rid of all their anime. It's almost like every new series that gets brought in, a timeslot is lost for something Family Guy-ish... >_> And that's been the trend for quite some time with Adult Swim. Either kill all of it or none of it. This slow progression of offing anime does nothing but get people hot under the collar. I am hearing that the people over adult swim don't care for anime already so.. yeah. Just kill it off and sell it to someone (Syfy) that'll handle anime better.
[/quote]

Didn't SyFy use to anime a long time ago, if my memory recollects properly?

I do agree completely with CaNz.

*What a first* Edited by Botar

[quote name='Botar' date='29 June 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1277870062' post='696186']
Didn't SyFy use to anime a long time ago, if my memory recollects properly?
[/quote]
So I've heard. The difference between now and then though, is more people are into anime now.

It don't necessarily have to be just Syfy though. There were quite a few channels that were airing anime at one point, although, the question would be whether people have those channels or not. Edited by Magus

[quote name='Magus' date='29 June 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1277870227' post='696188']
So I've heard. The difference between now and then though, is more people are into anime now.
[/quote]

I have noticed a lot that other channels, (Disney and Nick Toons) Have jumped on the anime rejects band wagon.

[quote name='Botar' date='30 June 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1277870410' post='696189']
I have noticed a lot that other channels, (Disney and Nick Toons) Have jumped on the anime rejects band wagon.
[/quote]
Not just those either. StarzEdge/Encore WAM, IFC, Fuse (and Spike with Afro-Samurai) also showed anime. (For the people that always complained about edits, granted I've never had issues with edits)

I feel like I'm missing a channel. Edited by Magus

[quote name='Magus' date='30 June 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1277870653' post='696191']
Not just those either. StarzEdge/Encore WAM, IFC, Fuse also showed anime. (For the people that always complained about edits, granted I've never had issues with edits)
[/quote]

Yah, FUSE had Ergo Proxy and the martial arts anime with the chicks with the huge boobs, and IFC had the 3rd rate anime stuff, I remember now.

They just need one channel dedicated to anime, that would so help.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Part of Adult Swim's problem is that they insist on cramming all their anime onto one night, Saturday night, one of the poorest nights you can air a new episode of a show, since most people are out and about on Saturday nights. Although I don't think pointing fingers at the channels themselves is really going to solve anything.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Magus' date='29 June 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1277869882' post='696185']
Just kill it off and sell it to someone (Syfy) that'll handle anime better.
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Gundam 00 would like to have a word with you. In addition to having the [i]entire post-credit epilogue of the season finale[/i] cut out, it also cut out similar sequences that showed up in the second season, many of which were vital to even understanding the following episodes at all. Even with all of Adult Swim's screwing around with their scheduling of anime, at least they keep the shows themselves intact. Before Gundam 00, they had been alright with handling their anime [TTGL had its OP sped up randomly, and some supposedly minor scenes were cut], but that was effective in distancing myself from them for awhile. [That and I lost pretty much all interest in [i]Monster[/i], though I have no idea how well they've been handling that.]

And yeah, I do realize that there's other channels that you listed that showed anime, but most of them either aired it as a one-time only affair, or are only available via satellite and digital cable services. [And, even then, some of [i]those[/i] probably require extra payment, as well.][/font][/color]

[quote name='Botar' date='29 June 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1277870842' post='696193']
They just need one channel dedicated to anime, that would so help.
[/quote]

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funimation_Channel"]There is one.[/url][/font] Edited by Vivian

[quote name='Vivian' date='30 June 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1277872702' post='696194']

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funimation_Channel"]There is one.[/url][/font]
[/quote]

I'm talkin like as accessible as CN, nothing that convoluted.

*although a funimation channel would be nice to have.*

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[url="http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html"]What's this about CNAS getting their act together?[/url]

Yep, another slot lost for American Dad. Lovely. >_>

I think I'm going to stick with my opinion that [AS] needs to just ice anime altogether.

And there's no more Boondocks... I officially have no reason to watch [AS] anymore. Edited by Beretta

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Actually, it's been confirmed that [b]FMA: Brotherhood[/b] will be back. They're just going on hiatus until FUNimation can get a head start on dubbing the next season. No idea why the slot had to get filled with [b]American Dad[/b], but I find it preferable to the newer [b]Family Guy[/b] episodes, so I'll live with it.

I just wish they'd do away with [b]Kekkaishi[/b] already. The show started out funny in an ironic, completely unintentional way, but now it's not even so bad it's good anymore. It's just boring.

And yeah, loss of [b]Boondocks[/b] kinda sucks. That's a good show. On the other hand, though, NEW [b]VENTURE BROS.[/b] IN SEPTEMBER! :biggrin: And I think they promised we'd get less of Sgt. Hatred and more of Brock Samson this season, so looking forward to that.[/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'd also like to add that putting FMA on hiatus is not something new to them -- the original series had the exact same thing happen around the midway point, where I assume Brotherhood is around right now [haven't watched it in a few weeks, myself].

Though, I just realized that we're about due for their third anime announcement. Remember back earlier in the year when they hinted at licensing three series? I think September is when the third and final one was to be announced.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

I'm aware of the hiatuses. I'm more like fed up with the slots being loss to the "comedies". I mean I try to make sure I'm in the bed by 1 (why am I up now... I woke up early) so, yeah. I'd rather see repeats of an old series than keep seeing timeslots get shafted for stuff I have no interest in watching. Edited by Beretta

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Botar' date='29 June 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1277873178' post='696195']
I'm talkin like as accessible as CN, nothing that convoluted.

*although a funimation channel would be nice to have.*
[/quote]

You can request it for your cable network. They are trying to make it more available for people.
[url="http://getfunimationchannel.com/"]http://getfunimationchannel.com/[/url]

And Disney XD is running [url="http://disney.go.com/xd/naruto/"]Naruto Shippuden[/url]. Not that it makes any sense, but there you have it.

... I don't even bother with AS anymore. >_> They keep running the same stuff over and over. There are 64 episodes of Brotherhood, and they're not even to 20, yet. They are still at the point in which it looks so much like the other show that people are probably losing interest, anyway. I haven't seen Kekkaishi, yet, though I have actually been curious about it.

I don't have cable or satallite, I just know that when I get to go back and see what's playing every few months or so, [i]nothing has changed.[/i] In fact it is usually worse off than it was when I left. Whatever happened to running new awesome stuff on Saturday night, rerunning the show all week, and running last Sat's episode on Thursdays? Like, all the way back when Wolf's Rain was showing. Edited by Pilot 05

• 1 month later...
cartoon network is too expensive for us satellite TV people. i stopped watching when i stopped paying for it. now i dont pay for anything i watch.

last time i was on cartoon network Inuyasha was on for a quarter of every day as well as family guy, and i can live without those shows.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I hardly watch much TV anymore, period, but the last time I ever willingly tuned into CN/AS was when FMA: Brotherhood was on, and even that I grew bored of down the line. I think the last anime series I watched to completion on AS was both seasons of Code Geass, which lasted through 08/09. Compare that to years past when I watched nearly every anime on there to completion.

The one thing that particularly bugs me, though, is the fact that they said they acquired three anime series at the beginning of the year, of which we've only seen two [FMA:B and Kekkaishi]. Where's our third one? People were speculating it to be either Inuyasha: The Final Act or Soul Eater, and I wanna see if either of those are true. Unless they already announced it and I just wasn't paying attention?[/font][/color]

• 6 months later...
[size=1]The only reason I even turn to adult swim is to keep up with FMA: Brotherhood. Other than that I don't watch CN/AS. I've tried watching Kekkaishi but that, while I won't say is bad, it's not for me. I think we already know how I feel about that channel as a whole though lol.[/size]

[url="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-28/durarara-to-run-on-u.s-adult-swim-network-in-june"]Durarara to air on adult swim.[/url]

It seems like it's been forever since anything was announced to air on [AS]. Gotta say I was not expecting that one though considering everything they've been showing shonen material as of late. Anyway, I'm unfamiliar with Durarara but I hear lots of good things about it. I tried watching Baccano but couldn't really get into it but if time allows it I'll try this one out.