OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

[QUOTE=Monkey_Orange][COLOR=DarkOrange]Ouch.

Every one is entitled to his or her opinion. The reason as to why I enjoyed Wolf's Rain was mainly because of it's unique story. Yes, there was the bishie factor BUT it was of minor relavence to the entire story.

Please do not make generalized assumptions about me. The most annoying type of anime watcher I dislike the most are the ones that think of themselves as 'high & mighty' and better than everyone else simply because the type of anime that they watch.

Give it up. It's just a show that's purely for entertainment. Period. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

The story of Wolf's Rain was actually good. It was the way the story was handled and developed that made me dislike the show.

I'm sorry about making assumptions about you. I didn't mean to sound like I thought I was better than you. I was just saying I couldn't understand your taste, not that your taste was downright wrong.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And now for some interesting information regarding Saturday's premieres:

[quote=ANN]Saturday's premiere of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex ranked #1 against all ad-supported cable broadcasts among "persons & males 12-17, 12-24, 12-34 and 18-24." Cartoon Network saw an impressive jump of 294% among adult male viewers 25-49 during the broadcast, versus the same time slot the previous week.

In addition to beating out competition on other cable networks, Cartoon Network's Saturday premiere of Stand Alone Complex received higher ratings than Cartoon Network's premiere of Fullmetal Alchemist, which also aired this weekend. The exact ratings of both shows in all demographics will be available next week when they are released by Nielson Media.[/quote]

I'm actually not surprised that GitS: SAC did better than FMA; the name recognition factor probably pulled in plenty of viewers. Hopefully it will continue to perform well.

~Dagger~

After all this talk about this anime I have to see it you all make it seems like some amazing spectacle. I have never seen Naratu or whatever its called either I started watching anime at the age of like 13 and I am 15 now so I still can't get a job I might try to find one so the only time I see anime is when TechTV shows it or when Adultswim does. I was wondering how can you get the anime channel in America I live in the south and Have never heard of it.

Is the Anime channel only in Japan and certain countries or is it Digital Cable and Satelite I don't get to see alot of anime cause it doesn't come on tv nor do I have a job to buy the VHS or DVD's or rent them from The Deep Anime and Manga which rents Anime DVD's out like a Anime Blockbuster and it sells Manga to just like Suncoast.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Please try to use commas a little more liberally. Thanks!

~Dagger~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I watched Super Milk Chan Chan last night it was the worst thing I ever saw in my entire life I don't know if its the American version thats bad or the whole thing period, but I hate that show its evil I want them to replace it with something else.

Although I did like FMA when I saw it last night great show I can't wait to see future episodes.

[quote name='Inuyasha7271']I watched Super Milk Chan Chan last night it was the worst thing I ever saw in my entire life I don't know if its the American version thats bad or the whole thing period, but I hate that show its evil I want them to replace it with something else.[/quote]

They weren't showing the fully "American" version. Yes it was in English, but it was the direct translation. They also dubbed an Americanized version with a different script that substituted the obscure Japanese pop-culture jokes for equally obscure (but more ballant) American pop-culture jokes. I actually hear the Americanized version is much funnier than the faithful version (which AS airs). I don't know why AS aired the faithful version. Perhaps they were afraid they'd give the industry the wrong impression if the Americanized dub succeeded. What is more puzzling is that ADV co-produced Milk-Chan in Japan, and thus would have just enough power to get the version they wanted. Afterall, if the Americanized version became a bomb in Japan, America was able to lift up The Big O, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun (three series fairly Americanized from the start) from underappreciated jems into high-class successes.

I didnt like FMA, i thougth that it was too random, but wasn't funny-random. edward was my biggest problem, he 's like on something. one minute sitting down, while the other he's tossing some guys around. really odd.

GITS:SAC was awesome, as always, and well, i cant complain with it : D
also i've had the OSTs for like forever, and was finally happy to hear the OST 2 for 2nd GIG. Yoko Kano is like god. ;)

[COLOR=DarkRed]Does anybody here know when they'll start showing new InUYasha episodes again?[/color] :confused:

[color=navy][size=1]I merged your thread with the "anime on television" topic, as it's the best place to pose these sorts of requests. Please watch your post quality and bear in mind that greater detail will make your questions much easier to answer.

~Dagger~[/size][/color]

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']They weren't showing the fully "American" version. Yes it was in English, but it was the direct translation. They also dubbed an Americanized version with a different script that substituted the obscure Japanese pop-culture jokes for equally obscure (but more ballant) American pop-culture jokes. I actually hear the Americanized version is much funnier than the faithful version (which AS airs). I don't know why AS aired the faithful version. Perhaps they were afraid they'd give the industry the wrong impression if the Americanized dub succeeded. What is more puzzling is that ADV co-produced Milk-Chan in Japan, and thus would have just enough power to get the version they wanted. Afterall, if the Americanized version became a bomb in Japan, America was able to lift up The Big O, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun (three series fairly Americanized from the start) from underappreciated jems into high-class successes.[/quote]

The reason why AS is showing the 'faithful' version is because ADV is keeping the more americanized version for itself and showing it on The Anime Network. Well, at least that's what I've been able to hear.

[quote name='Yami Marik']Does anybody here know when they'll start showing new Inuyasha episodes again? [/quote]

Yami Marik, if I remember correctly it should be around mid-to-late January before new episodes start airing.

I too liked WR better than GitS. Strange, since I'm a huge sci-fi fan--more so than fantasy. I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking GitS is pretentious and dated, and unable to hold the attention of the vast majority--if you really find cyborgs interesting, then read some sci-fi novels. I tried to watch the animated series because I, too, had heard that it moved more quickly than the movie. So much for that idea. I thought it tried too hard. Am I the only one?

I hope Super Milk-Chan falls off the network soon. That was a Super Dissapointment.

Is there any word about Naruto as a TV Series, or any of the TV specials or the movie airing? Hope someone has heard some rumors or something...

I know this might have already been discussed but does any body here really watch the show Anime unleashed? It's a show that every other week or so shows a different part of an anime series. I was just wondering I think it's an ok show but I think it cuts off the series's it shows too early. I would like some input, that is if anybody really watches it.Thanks!!! :)

Guest Ring Of Ogam
there hasen't been any thing on that moie but there going to show the frist and second movie of iny-yasha in spirng and summer and then the cowboy bebop movie in fall of 2005

[color=navy][size=1]As I've said elsewhere, please attempt to improve your post quality. PM me or one of the other moderators if you have any questions.

~Dagger~[/size][/color]

Actually, regarding that...

[quote][b]ANN says:[/b] Anime Unleashed has confirmed their earlier statement that episodes 14-26 [of Last Exile] will air on the G4TechTV programming block. Episodes 1-13 will air Monday through Sunday beginning November 29, followed by the premiere of episodes 14-26 weekdays beginning December 6. There will also be marathon broadcast of the entire Last Exile series, episodes 1-26, on Christmas Day.[/quote]

I agree with hitokiri shi; I think it's a matter of TechTV not being permitted to outstrip the amount of content that has been released on DVD. Now that the final disc of Last Exile is scheduled to come out in less than a month, it makes sense that Geneon would let them complete the series. I expect the same thing will probably happen with TechTV's newest Geneon shows (most notably Gungrave and R.O.D the TV), although I can't speak for older TechTV anime.

So, yeah. If you get this channel, do whatever it takes to [b]watch Last Exile.[/b] Tape or TiVo the marathon if you don't care for TechTV's schedule; Last Exile is a superbly crafted show and should not be missed. :)

~Dagger~

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']It actually turns out FMA got better ratings that GitS. GitS seemed to win over 12-17, FMA got 18-24, and the series tied 25-49. Since 18-24 is AS's highest rated demographic, FMA is overall a bit more successful[/quote]

That data is from the second episode, right? I remember seeing something along those lines a little while after it aired, and became really confused because I wasn't sure which week they were referring to. ^_^;;

Either way, it seems like both of these shows (especially FMA, I guess) are coming pretty close to AS's comedy series in terms of audience size.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger IX1']That data is from the second episode, right? I remember seeing something along those lines a little while after it aired, and became really confused because I wasn't sure which week they were referring to. ^_^;;[/quote]

That data was from the first episode.Every Sunday they have to give Top 3 ratings for the last Sunday and the Saturday before that. I might try to post the Saturday ratings here every week.

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']That data was from the first episode.Every Sunday they have to give Top 3 ratings for the last Sunday and the Saturday before that. I might try to post the Saturday ratings here every week.[/quote]

Oh, I see. Well, I say go for it--I have a lot of trouble finding reliable ratings data, and it would certainly be interesting to see how things turn out for AS's new anime.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Telperion']Would anyone happen to know if Apple Seed is going to air in the US anytime soon?[/quote]
I don't have a clue, sorry.

Hitokiri Shi

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I don't wish to sound rude, but in future it would be appreciated if you could add more to posts. I understand that you may not know, but if that's the case it may be better to just not say anything rather than write a potentially spammy reply. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

[quote name='Telperion']Would anyone happen to know if Apple Seed is going to air in the US anytime soon?[/quote]

The theatrical release is slated for January 14, 2005. However, I wouldn't hold your breath--unless you live in one of the select cities where it'll be playing (and as of now I have no idea just which cities fall into that category), you probably won't be able to see it on the big screen. I haven't heard anything about Appleseed airing on television, either.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]The theatrical release is slated for January 14, 2005. However, I wouldn't hold your breath--unless you live in one of the select cities where it'll be playing (and as of now I have no idea just which cities fall into that category), you probably won't be able to see it on the big screen. I haven't heard anything about Appleseed airing on television, either.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Given the general history of anime movies on TV, Starz will air it, unless AS thinks it's worth a 2-hour watch and it is dubbed and wouldn't surpase TV-14 with minimal editting, in which case they'll either get first dibs or wait for Starz to lose the rights.

• 2 weeks later...
According to ANN and the Adult Swim forums, Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig will begin airing in fall 2005.

Inuyasha premieres will resume three days a week starting January 10 at 12:30 a.m.

On February 12, Fullmetal Alchemist will move up a half hour to 11:30 p.m., taking Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex to a new time slot at midnight. Also on February 12, The Super Milk-Chan Show will migrate to Saturdays for repeats at 1:30 a.m.

I'm really happy that FMA is getting bumped up--that means more sleep for me, and a better time slot for Stand Alone Complex. It's also great to know that 2nd Gig will be coming next year.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DeathRose
One thing I really don't understand is why do they put the anime shows in adult swim. With all the other crap and not on Meguzi where they belong

[quote name='DeathRose']One thing I really don't understand is why do they put the anime shows in adult swim. With all the other crap and not on Meguzi where they belong[/quote]

Um, Miguzi is about a billion times worse than Adult Swim in every aspect. Miguzi is just a pitiful excuse for CN to try to compete with Nick and Disney. Adult Swim at least feels like people are putting in effort behind it and are having fun at the same time, and "all the other crap" on Adult Swim has a few blunders (Sealab 2021, The Brak Show, and most of their acquired programming) and a lot of works of genius (Futurama, Family Guy, Home Movies, Space Ghost, Aqua Teens, etc.). Ultimately the only animes I could see hitting Miguzi are extremely Americanized ones, and even those ones would probably get first runs on Toonami if they have 26 episodes or less. Ultimately CN's action blocks chart out like this:

Miguzi: Kiddy shows, girly shows, Americanized anime reruns, Teen Titans reruns
Toonami: CN Original Premieres, hardcore editted anime
Adult Swim: AS Originals, syndicated repeats, hardcore uneditted anime