Syk3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news: As of October 23rd, Rouroni Kenshin will return to Toonami.

The bad news: As of October 22nd/23rd, Gundam SEED is being given the death pennalty by having the premieres moved to 1 AM on Friday late nights/Saturday early, early, early mornings.

Funny enough, the only two ways I can easily see SEED returning to the Saturday primetime slot would be either: A) Kenshin bombing worse than SEED, or B) Kenshin succeeding beyond DBGT. If Kenshin fails, SEED can take its spot. If Kenshin does greater than GT, then GT could be moved down to make room for Kenshin at 10 and SEED at 10.5. Because if Kenshin does good but not as good as DBGT (their top show) then SEED is stuck where it is and is easily dead in CN's eyes. And I'm scared SEED will die. If this was reruns instead of premieres I'd be fine but with premieres in the death slot I'm more pessimistic. However, they can change the schedule to make SEED be reruns I'd be fine (perhaps they could pull a Wing and have editted episodes air earlier and the uncut versions late at night, that would be cool). I wouldn't be surprised if they were making room for SD Gundam on Miguzi and then once it gets switched in for a new show then SEED will return to Toonami. Plus if .HACK// or 009 got a Saturday night run it could help SEED's cause. Or maybe if the timeslot became a packaged block (a new Midnight Run perhaps?) and advertised for then it would at least be tollerable late at night. New Years would be a good time to launch the new block.

Me wonders if SEED fails Bandai will pitch SEED 2 to CN without the "SEED 2" part of the title and labels it "Gundam Destiny" or something.

Apparently Case Closed is [i]not[/i] going to be cancelled--which is annoying, considering how many major sites basically helped propagate a rumor by saying just that. A lot of people expected the show to do poorly, I guess, and jumped to conclusions when CN didn't confirm or deny anything. I don't know whether this means the network will show the next fifty-two episodes, but whatever.

~Dagger~

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]In the UK, they've got Bubblegum Crisis playing on the Sci-Fi channel at around 5:30 in the morning. So remember to have it ready to record, god damn Anime deprived UK.
Also is it me or has Outlaw Star been cancelled from Toonami, it must be on much later than what it was.

--Sean[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest Yunacat
I heard the rumor about Detective Conan too, but i knew it wasn't true. What i do know about it is that they skipped the last few eps of season 2 to call ep 49 the finale! That sucks! And did you know that the eps up to at least the 60's-100's have already been dubbed? I recently found that out when my friend told me! InuYasha just ended at ep 167. On AS, they plan to go up to 102 before the end of this year(like that's gonna happen...).

Anime Network started on On Demand and now they are puting it on TV too! They host ADV animes, but some of it is good like Pretear, BastOfSyndrome, Anzumanga Daioh, ect..^^

~Yuna

[QUOTE=Yunacat]Anime Network started on On Demand and now they are puting it on TV too! They host ADV animes, but some of it is good like Pretear, BastOfSyndrome, Anzumanga Daioh, ect..^^

~Yuna[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Yeah, Anime On Demand isn't all that bad. I managed to catch two episodes of Princess9 (8 and 9) and the first episode of Chobits on the Anime on Demand channel. So for $7.00 or so I can watch an episode of anime.

If I had the ability to pause and rewind live TV I could watch the episode a few more times. Oh well, that's why I have my husband ordering the series for me from Amazon. I fell in love with Princess 9 and now I want to watch it from the beginning.

As for any other anime news, I haven't heard anything. I guess I could try to look...just not on the SOS site.[/color]

Just a quick heads-up: TechTV is currently airing [B]R.O.D the TV[/B] (you can check the TechTV website for the exact schedule), and will start showing [B]Gungrave[/B] at midnight on October 12. I was hoping that both of these highly anticipated series would end up on CN, but at least Adult Swim still has the Read or Die OVA.

~Dagger~

Guest Ring Of Ogam
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]
Read or die is a cool show i seen it and i love it but im glad that it is comeing to cartoon network. now my brother's won't get pissed off if i cange it to tech tv cause they always think im going to watch x play

• 2 weeks later...
My first Thread, I did search so don't call me a newb if this has already been asked but how do you all feel about this new Anime Network on demand, Anime Network channel, and Adult Swim on demand. I think it is a great way to show some of the old shows and see which new one will be popular enough for Adult swim. Yet, I must say that they sometimes cancel some of the series right when I get into them. That and they keep it to a maximum of three episodes per series tops. I understand they have limited room but I wish they could be more generous. With all that said I need to state that it is a great chance to preview anime and can quite useful for anyone that does not want to go out and spend over a 100$ on a series just to figure out it wasnt worth their money.

[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news: As of October 23rd, Rouroni Kenshin will return to Toonami.

[/QUOTE]

As far as I knew, they had already aired all of the Rurouni Kenshin episodes in America. Are they airing reruns, or some new ones, even though I thought the series was done?

[quote name='magic_raditz']As far as I knew, they had already aired all of the Rurouni Kenshin episodes in America. Are they airing reruns, or some new ones, even though I thought the series was done?[/quote]I think there was a part that they never showed - the last third of the series, though I can't remember the name of it, lol. Of course, they might just air the whole series all over again.

[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]I have some good news and some bad news.

The bad news: As of October 22nd/23rd, Gundam SEED is being given the death pennalty by having the premieres moved to 1 AM on Friday late nights/Saturday early, early, early mornings.

[/QUOTE] this really makes me mad. leave it to cn to remove one of the better shows in toonami to a horrible time slot and leave megas xlr in toonami. if you ask me they should put gundam seed in megas time slot. that would great if kenshin and dbgt could stay and gundam seed was moved back in there.

I like Megas XLR. I think it's funny and a good parody on all the mecha anime shows out there. Still, the loss is bad. I wouldn't be upset if dbgt left, but seeing on how little of that is left, maybe SEED will take dbgt's place when that ends.

[quote name='Syk3']I think there was a part that they never showed - the last third of the series, though I can't remember the name of it, lol. Of course, they might just air the whole series all over again.[/quote]

Plus one episode was banned for svastika(sp?)-like symbols. After Justice League: Starcrossed, the symbols could be shown if CN has any sense of logic, and even if they don't, they could just digitally erase or change them and air the episode otherwise mostly intact.

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']Plus one episode was banned for svastika(sp?)-like symbols. After Justice League: Starcrossed, the symbols could be shown if CN has any sense of logic, and even if they don't, they could just digitally erase or change them and air the episode otherwise mostly intact.[/quote]I don't know what those symbols are, or why they would be banned, but I agree that it shouldn't be very difficult for them to just edit the show a bit, heh. o.o Do you happen to know which episode was banned?

[color=#503f86]The same thing happened with a couple of Pokemon cards years ago- they appeared to be holding signs that looked liks swastikas (the Nazi emblem), but actually travel the opposite way round (i.e. clockwise). It's called a [i]'manji[/i]' symbol and is a completely benign sign in Japan an Buddhist cultures, meaning 'good fortune'. But it often gets misinterpreted by Westerners, so I assume they didn't want to offend anyone by having it up (and considering the relatively shaky ground animes are on anyway, it's not surprising). That's probably what it was.[/color]

[color=darkviolet]There's a picture on the back of one of the Peach Girl Manga (book two I believe) where Momo has a swastika on an outfit of hers. But Tokyo pop kept it there.

I don't knwo if I'm getting this right, but until the Nazi party adopted the Swastika as their symbol, it was actually a chinese symbol for luck.

Yeah, I think that may have been off topic...sorry[/color]

[quote name='(Tsukasa)][COLOR=Blue']Hey Seed is still on it comes on Friday nights at 12:00 a.m. cetral U.S. time. or 1:00 a.m.eastern time. They just took out .//Hack Twilight bracelet and put in Seed in that time slot.[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I thought so too, but then they changed it back to it's original time slot (Saturday @10:30 eastern) this week, and then changed it back again! It's really getting confusing!

At least they put Rurouni Kenshin back on-I've been miserable all summer since they took that off...[/COLOR]

Let's not forget that Fullmetal Alchemist will start airing at [b]midnight EST [I]this [/I]Saturday[/b], and will be immediately followed by Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I strongly, strongly urge everyone who can tape/TiVo/watch these shows to do so. I'll admit that the first episode of FMA isn't exactly the best thing I've ever seen (apparently it gets better later on), but GitS:SAC should be required viewing for anime fans of all stripes. Barring the recent airing of Read or Die, these are the most promising new series Adult Swim has picked up in an extremely long time.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Hehe. Yes, I'm looking foward to watching FMA this month. I recently started watching the fansub and am interested in seeing how the English/edited version will turn out.

As for GITSAC...dunno. I watched the movie once and...fell dead asleep. Still, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Wolf's Rain was good while it lasted. *sniffle* I still get sad when I think back about that show.

ALSO, what is up with Milk-chan? Is it me, or does that show just appear plainly...odd?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Monkey_Orange]As for GITSAC...dunno. I watched the movie once and...fell dead asleep. Still, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Wolf's Rain was good while it lasted. *sniffle* I still get sad when I think back about that show.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. The series moves a lot faster than the movie.

Still the fact you loved WR (a slow series) and found GitS (a less slow movie of much higher quality) boring seems a bit puzzling. I guess you'd rather see 1D bishounen rather than intellectual mind puzzles and kickass cyborg action.

By the way, WR will be repeating at 1 AM from Monday-Wednesday. WHR will be right after at 1:30 AM. Personally, I'm hoping this is the last time these series air. At least in WR's case. WHR actually had the ability to keep my interest even if it was a huge letdown. I could barely watch WR by a third of the way through, and when I tried coming back to it it continued to be a dull and stupid as hell. Sadly, ratings-wise WR will likely be on longer than WHR.

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']Still the fact you loved WR (a slow series) and found GitS (a less slow movie of much higher quality) boring seems a bit puzzling. I guess you'd rather see 1D bishounen rather than intellectual mind puzzles and kickass cyborg action.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ouch.

Every one is entitled to his or her opinion. The reason as to why I enjoyed Wolf's Rain was mainly because of it's unique story. Yes, there was the bishie factor BUT it was of minor relavence to the entire story.

Please do not make generalized assumptions about me. The most annoying type of anime watcher I dislike the most are the ones that think of themselves as 'high & mighty' and better than everyone else simply because the type of anime that they watch.

Give it up. It's just a show that's purely for entertainment. Period. [/COLOR]