OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

Case Closed's animation, while not groundbreaking, is surprisingly attractive and consistent (it started airing in 1996, by the way). Visually, Bebop was far ahead of its time, and the show still looks significantly better than a whole lot of series made in 2003 and 2004. It's a little unfair to malign Case Closed when Inuyasha has much sloppier animation. For that matter, Trigun is also not a paragon of amazing production values. :p

~Dagger~

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with dagger. Although Trigun is not the greatest sample of animation. Its story kicks the crap out of the cliche' Inuyasha. I still don't understand why Inuyasha is so popular it seems like it has been done before the whole Samurai demonslayer thing. Bebop is still original and is a classic and the fact that Jet and Spike treat faye as a nusance rather than an item of desire is pure gold.

Guest another_wolf
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I missed that episode of late night.[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]But what irratates me is CN moveing toonami to ONCE A WEEK! I meen come on true i like the shows they show and it and adult swim are about the only anime outlet i get ('caus i'm always broke) i just they would make toonami 5 days a week again.[/COLOR]I like Detective Conan though and most of the other anime's CN shows.BTW I hear they're bringing Ghost in the Shell II to Adult Swim this fall.

Guest IKORI
The new Toonami line up is ok, but like what another_worlf said it should be 5 days a week. I keep missing dbgt and yyh on a Saturday night. I also wonder what happened to Outlaw Star. That was a good anime also. Cowboy Bebop is number 1!!! lol

[COLOR=Blue]Yah Trigun and Bebop are very good animes the thing is they have been on for a very long time I'm glad there still on even though i've seen both of them all the way through. So, I'm sorted glad they put on some shows they haven't put on yet. Bye for now.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Animegurl4ever][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Century Gothic]hey u know in Rurouni Kenshin the 3rd Arc didn't occured in Cartoon Network...? Or did it? cuz I watch the whole thing and it end up at the part when Kenshin said that he is home....[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

Kenshins 3rd Arc, Tales of the Meiji, never aired on CN and no ones really sure if it ever will seeing as they've yanked Kenshin off their schedule. If you haven't seen it yet, Tales of the Meiji is nothing terribly special and a little bit of a dissapointment coming from that epic Kyoto Arc. The DVDs for these eps are already available if you were interested in seeing the TV ending or better yet, you can wait for Viz to release the manga volumes for the Jinchu arc, the true ending to the Rurouni Kenhsin tale. Unfortunately, this may not be released in the US for another year or two but if you're really into Kenshin, it will be well worth the wait.

Guest madredemundo
:babble: I just got into anime, and my grandson is a huge YU GI YO fan. I have watched a few time. My favorites were the Pokeman series, when my own son was small. I even own a few of the creatures. I don't know much of what to say in these forums, just that I like anime. I like Samari Jack also, he is one tough fella. Thanks for listening.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Er...welcome to the OtakuBoards. We don't allow introductions, and this post is very off topic and spam, but I hope you enjoy this place and from now on, adhere to the rules. *QA*[/color][/size]

Guest MadSaiyaDogg
I'm new on these message boards but I've been a huge otaku for a few years now. The shows on Cartoonnetwork are getting better and better but it sucks that Toonami is shown once a week. It'd also be better if they showed new episodes of Inuyasha everyday. Even though I can't stay up late enough cause of camp, I could still tape it.
Also, Funimation is thinking about starting its own 24/7 channel with shows like the Dragonball series, Tenchi Muyo GPX, Fruit Baskets, Kiddy Grade, etc. I hope you guys agree.

Guest Vashluver
[quote name='Mitch][color=red'] I'm excited to see Trigun finally in its full. I've only boughten the first tape, so I'm going to be glad to see that. To tell you the truth, I haven't really been watching any Anime anymore, but I'm certainly going to too see Trigun.[/color][/quote]

Every body loves trigun! ^_^ i havent been watchin much either....but the whole series kicks but! i got the box set for...some holiday... or something...who knows.. hve fun watching!! ^_^ ;)

Vashluver, the message you just quoted is from 2002. ^_^;;

Please attempt to check that sort of thing in the future, and help us make sure that the discussion in this thread continues to focus on television line-ups rather than on the shows themselves. If you'd like to talk about Trigun, post in the forum's official Trigun topic (which can be found by using the Directory sticky).

Feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators with any questions, concerns, etc.

~Dagger~

Hey this may seem a confusing question, but I stay in Scotland, which is in the United Kingdom. And the Line-Ups are totally different up in the Land of the Cold ^_^

We don't get Adult Swim and our Cartoon Network doesn't usually base on Anime, we get a channel called Toonami which shows X-Men: Evolution and Teen Titans. Not anything like Trigun or Evangelion.

So what about line-ups for Anime in Scotland, seeing as i've hunted through my SKY TV Guide and found nothing apart from Arc The Lad and Gasaraki which are on the Sci-Fi channel at 5:00 and 5:30 AM

[COLOR=#503F86]I'm afraid that's about it for the UK: Sci-Fi used to show anime movies early on Thursday mornings (from about midnight to 4am), but they stopped it a few months ago. They also used to show Evangelion, Nadesico and Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, but they quit those runs, too. Metropolis is on Sky Movies every once in a while, and you've got Outlaw Star, Dragonball (urgh...) and Big O on Toonami, but that's your lot. I live down in West Sussex, so I know how frustrating it is, heh.[/COLOR]

Guest MadSaiyaDogg
On what channel are Zoids and G Gundam on because they're not on Cartoonnetwork, if that's what you're referring to.

Here's my perfect Toonami/ASA schedule:

[U]Toonami[/U]

[I]Saturday Prime[/I]
7.0: Sg. Frog/Duel Masters (rotation)
7.5: Yuyu Hakusho
8.0: MEGAS XLR/JLU/Samurai Jack/American action premiere rotation slot
8.5: Flame of Recca
9.0: Hunter X Hunter
9.5: Bleach
10.0: Naruto
10.5: Gundam SEED/Zeta Gundam/Gad Guard/mecha rotation slot

[I]Weeknight Spotlight[/I]
10.0: Naruto
10.5: Detective Conan (it aims a bit younger than most of ASA, and if Toonami is going to fufill its promise to become a teen block, the show could still air in it's near uncut state)

[I]Friday: The Midnight Run[/I]
Midnight: Inu-Yasha (see Conan)
12.5: Rouroni Kenshin
1.0: Rouroni Kenshin
1.5: .HACK//sign
2.0: Saturday mecha premiere encore
2.5: Saturday Bleach encore
3.0: Saturday Yuyu Hakusho encore
3.5: Saturday Hunter X Hunter encore
4.0: Batman: TAS
4.5: Superman: TAS

[U]Adult Swim Action[/U]

[I]Saturdays[/I]
11.0: Ghost in the Shell: SaC
11.5: Samurai Champloo
Midnight: FLCL/ROD/Tenchi Muyo/OAV rotation slot
12.5: The Big O
1.0: Outlaw Star
1.5: Wolf's Rain

[I]Weeknights[/I]
11.0-12.5: Adult Swim Comedy
12.5: Full Metal Alchemist
1.0: Cowboy Bebop
1.5: Lupin 3rd

That's a fantastic idea for a topic, EVA Unit 100. However, I had to merge it over here because anything related to television line-ups--whether real or hypothetical--should be restricted to this sticky. Hopefully your post will help revitalize the discussion. ^_^

EDIT: And here's my dream Toonami/Adult Swim schedule. Though I've included ADV series as well as unlicensed anime, I am trying to be mildly realistic. Sadly, this means no shoujo.

[b]Toonami [Saturday][/b]
8.0: Hunter x Hunter
8.5: Yu Yu Hakusho
9.0: Bleach
9.5: One Piece
10.0: Case Closed
10.5: Inuyasha

[b]Adult Swim [Saturday][/b]
11.0: Full Metal Panic!
11.5: The Mars Daybreak
12.0: Chrono Crusade
12.5: Kurau, Phantom Memory
1.0: Samurai Champloo
1.5: Cowboy Bebop

[b]Adult Swim [Weekdays][/b]
12.0: Naruto
1.0: Get Backers
1.5: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Please don't take this seriously, folks. I'm worried that someone's going to see the word "Naruto" and automatically go into cardiac arrest. :p

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]That's a fantastic idea for a topic, EVA Unit 100. However, I had to merge it over here because anything related to television line-ups--whether real or hypothetical--should be restricted to this sticky. Hopefully your post will help revitalize the discussion. ^_^

EDIT: And here's my dream Toonami/Adult Swim schedule. Though I've included ADV series as well as unlicensed anime, I am trying to be mildly realistic. Sadly, this means no shoujo.

[b]Toonami [Saturday][/b]
8.0: Hunter x Hunter
8.5: Yu Yu Hakusho
9.0: Bleach
9.5: One Piece
10.0: Case Closed
10.5: Inuyasha

[b]Adult Swim [Saturday][/b]
11.0: Full Metal Panic!
11.5: The Mars Daybreak
12.0: Chrono Crusade
12.5: Kurau, Phantom Memory
1.0: Samurai Champloo
1.5: Cowboy Bebop

[b]Adult Swim [Weekdays][/b]
12.0: Naruto
1.0: Get Backers
1.5: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Please don't take this seriously, folks. I'm worried that someone's going to see the word "Naruto" and automatically go into cardiac arrest. :p

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Toonami Saturdays is 4 hours, not 3. For the first hour, perhaps put 1 American action show and 1 lighter anime.

4Kids got One Piece. Unless you would have the FUNi uncut dub there, it's a bad choice to put it on Toonami.

Although I'd like Inu-Yasha and Case Closed to make the jump to Toonami, I don't see them airing on Saturdays. Since Toonami could easily grab 10-11 on weekdays and if 009 and .HACK// are any indication, a Friday Midnight Run is possible, I'd put those shows there.

Samurai Champloo and Ghost in the Shell are way too late on your AS schedules. Everyone knows that they will be the next Cowboy Bebop-esque phenomenons, so they should air to head off the line-up. At least until they have aired every single episode.

Naruto doesn't belong on Adult Swim. I personally think it should be on Toonami. Everyone knows that Naruto will be the next big thing with the "tween"/young-teen set, and Toonami aims to that group. AS fairly got FMA, and FOXBox unfairly got One Piece, so Naruto should go to Toonami. Kenshin was more mature content-wise, and even in its editted-for-Toonami version, it got away with quite a lot of stuff such as some blood and Sanosuke saying "danmit" and Kamatari's attraction to Shishio and refferences to gambling and drugs and stuff. Naruto at TV-PG at 10.0 on Toonami would allow Naruto to keep a lot of stuff intact while still being able to milk out the money for CN.

Heh, you guys come up with the best schedules.^^ I can't top those, so here's Adult Swim's current schedule and Toonami's schedule.

Weekdays on AS:
11:00 p.m. Family Guy
11:30 p.m. Futurama
12:00 a.m. Sealab 2021
12:15 a.m. Sealab 2021
12:30 a.m. Inuyasha
1:00 a.m. Case Closed
1:30 a.m. Lupin the 3rd

Saturdays on AS:
11:00 p.m. Venture Brothers
11:30 p.m. Futurama
12:00 a.m. Inuyasha
12:30 a.m. Wolf's Rain
1:00 a.m. Cowboy Bebop
1:30 a.m. Trigun

Sundays on AS - no anime, so why post it?

Toonami:
7:00 p.m. Dual Masters
7:30 p.m. Rave Master
8:00 p.m. Teen Titans
8:30 p.m. Justice League
9:00 p.m. Megas XLR
9:30 p.m. Yu Yu Hakusho
10:00 p.m. Dragonball GT
10:30 p.m. Gundam SEED

It's hard trying to navigate through Toonami's schedule now. I can't even see if they're going to add/change a show or what episodes are playing.

~*dragonrose*~

Dagger i got a question for you. Like I never heard of this anime called Bleach before, so i decided to look it up. However, I could find very little information towards it (I guess since the manga is only available or something like that) and from what I found, it seems like a YYH type series. Anyway though I was wondering if you would just like give a quick overview of what you know about the anime. It seems very interesting from what I could find out.

-Marc-

EDIT: Bleach is an upcoming series (it'll start airing in Japan this fall) based on a popular Shonen Jump manga. I think the manga is already available in the States. I'm hesitant to provide a tentative summary because I've read very little of the manga. It's about shinigami, if that helps. ^_^;;

Like most people out there, I don't get The Anime Network. Here's the linear schedule (or what I've gleaned of it from the official site, at any rate). There are way too many shows to list them all, so I've laid out the time blocks for each day with a few random examples of the series/movies/OVAs which appear on each block. The schedule seems highly variable, but this should give you a decent idea of what one week might look like. Typing it up helped cure my insomnia, heh.

[b]Monday[/b]
8:00 am -- Feature [Martian Successor Nadesico: Prince of Darkness]
10:00 am -- Perfect Sessions [Samurai X OVA]
2:00 pm -- Feature [Martian Successor Nadesico: Prince of Darkness]
4:00 pm -- Old School [Robotech, G-Force]
6:00 pm -- Feature [Sonic Soldier Borgman: Lover's Rain]
8:00 pm -- Giant Robots [Evangelion, RahXephon, Gravion, Full Metal Panic!]
1:00 am -- Super Happy Funtime [Happy Lesson, Magical Play]
2:00 am -- Giant Robots [re-runs of previously listed]
3:00 am -- Super Happy Funtime [ditto]

[b]Tuesday[/b]
8:00 am -- Feature [Slayers Premium]
11:00 am -- Prime Time Encore [Full Metal Panic!, Evangelion, RahXephon]
2:00 pm -- Feature [Megazone 23 Part 1]
4:00 pm -- Old School [Robotech, Aura Battler Dunbine]
6:00 pm -- Prime Time Encore [re-runs of previously listed]
8:00 pm -- Action Zone [Noir, Kino's Journey, Samurai X OVA]
1:00 am -- Super Happy Funtime [Steel Angel Kurumi]
2:00 am -- Action Zone [re-runs of previously listed]

[b]Wednesday[/b]
8:00 am -- Perfect Sessions [Robotech]
11:00 am -- Prime Time Encore [Rune Soldier, Wild Arms, Final Fantasy Unlimited]
2:00 pm -- Perfect Sessions [Sakura Wars OVA]
6:00 pm -- Prime Time Encore [Orphen, Saiyuki]
8:00 pm -- Girl Power [Chobits, Pretear, Kaleido Star]
1:00 am -- Super Happy Funtime [Sorcerer Hunters, Nurse Witch Kogumi]
2:00 am -- Girl Power [re-runs of previously listed]

[b]Thursday[/b]
8:00 am -- Feature [Slayers Premium]
11:00 am -- Prime Time Encore [Comic Party, Angelic Layer, Azumanga Daioh]
2:00 pm -- Feature [Martian Successor Nadesico: Prince of Darkness]
4:00 pm -- Old School [Robotech, G-Force]
6:00 pm -- Prime Time Encore [Chobits, Comic Party, Kaleido Star]
8:00 pm -- Giant Robots [Gravion, Martian Successor Nadesico, Dai-Guard]
1:00 am -- Super Happy Funtime [Happy Lesson, Najica Blitz Tactics]
2:00 am -- Giant Robots [re-runs of previously listed]

[b]Friday[/b]
8:00 am -- Perfect Sessions [Sakura Wars OVA]
10:00 am -- Feature [Slayers Premium]
11:00 am -- Prime Time Encore [RahXephon, Gravion, Full Metal Panic!]
2:00 pm -- Perfect Sessions [Sakura Wars OVA]
6:00 pm -- Prime Time Encore [Martian Successor Nadesico, RahXephon, Dai-Guard]
8:00 pm -- Action Zone [Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, Saiyuki, King of Bandit Jing]
1:00 am -- Super Happy Funtime [Golden Boy, Excel Saga]
2:00 am -- Action Zone [re-runs of previously listed]

[b]Saturday[/b]
8:00 am -- Prime Time Encore [Rune Soldier, Noir, Orphen, Azumanga Daioh]
8:00 pm -- Perfect Sessions [Samurai X OVA]
12:00 am -- Prime Time Encore [Dai-Guard, BastOF Syndrome]
1:00 am -- Super Happy Funtime [Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi]
2:00 am -- Prime Time Encore [re-runs of previously listed]

[b]Sunday[/b]
8:00 am -- Prime Time Encore [Angelic Layer, Pretear, Kaleido Star]
10:00 am -- Perfect Sessions [Robotech, Aura Battler Dunbine, G-Force]
6:30 pm -- Feature [Sonic Soldier Borgman: Last Battle, Voices of a Distant Star]
3:00 am -- Series [Gravitation]

That's right... Gravitation [i]is[/i] on American TV. Alright, so most people had CN in mind when they declared it would never ever happen. I still think Hell must be feeling a little colder. ;)

~Dagger~