OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

Supposedly the new Saturday Run is supposed to begin on April 17th, or atleast that is the tentative air date for Gundam SEED. The truth is though while I love the fact that more good animes are going to start airing soon I rarely have time to stay up that late and watch them all (hey I gotta have my sleep :rolleyes:) oh well when they begin airing new series if they are not horribly dubbed maybe i'll resort to recording them x___X.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh.That's good news!

Well, at least CTN is getting better with the anime shows.

I'm tired of watching the same shows and the same episodes over and over.

Maybe they won't do the same thing that they did to YYH and RK.

[Remember? they kept on restarting the series for no reason]

But...one can only dream.

~*dragonrose*~

[quote name='dragonrose']Yeah, I see your point.[/quote]

Okay, dragonrose, we've been pretty lenient about the post quality in this thread. But several of your replies (including the one quoted above) are clearly unacceptable. If you have no information or insights to contribute, then please don't post at all.

~Dagger~

Guest SweetPrincess16
[COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Palatino Linotype]For Inuyasha fans. New episodes of Inuyasha will be coming on April 24th, 2004. Also the new anime show that is premiering on that same day that is called Wolf Rain. Some say its good and some say its not. Oh well, who cares right. If you want more info about it. IM or emails aight. Later :babble: .[/FONT][/COLOR]

I seriously wonder if CN will ever pick up the rights to Gravitation and air it on Adult Swim?

I honestly do not think they would have the fortitude to do that, unless by the magic of idiotic editing ala the turning of "Tokyo Mew Mew" into "Hollywood Mew Mew," Shuichi is transformed into a woman, LOL, in which case I would be more than a little annoyed. . .

Nevertheless, if they would somehow air it with only the edits needed to put it on American TV (i.e. language or nudity edits) and leave the plot, characters, and the Yuki/Shuichi relationship intact, it would be [i]very[/i] interesting to see a shounen ai anime actually make it to TV in the states.

Not that they would actually have the courage to do something like that-they probably, as any money-motivated network, do not want the possible consequences it would bring, like boycotts, protests, and the general rage from the populace that doesn't seem to understand what a channel selector is for and wouldn't take the time to realize that it isn't some sneak attempt to "push the gay agenda to kids."

LOL, it probably will never happen. . .but we can dream, ne? After all, they [i]did[/i] air GW unedited, even with the opening theme and all the implications. ~.^

Guest hacker111
[b]Saturday[/b]
Dragonball Z -- 2:00 pm
Dragonball -- 2:30 pm
G Gundam -- 3:00 pm
G Gundam -- 3:30 pm
Inuyasha -- 11:00 pm
Inuyasha -- 11:10 pm
Cowboy Bebop -- 12:00 pm
Yu Yu Hakusho -- 12:30 pm
Gundam 0080 -- 1:00 pm
Mobile Suit Gundam -- 1:30 pm

why is inuyasha on saturday its better when its on monday threw thrusdayman, god that makes me so :mad: :flaming: you guys must be the devils :devil: :flaming: :mad: :devil:

So much anger.... o_O

Um, we innocent OBers have nothing whatsoever to do with CN's schedule, so please don't call us "the devils." Anyway, Inuyasha will be running [i]twice[/i] on Saturday evenings, which means that you'll still get a healthy dose of half-demon goodness. I frankly dislike the practice of airing a different episode every weeknight, since it means that the show re-starts far too often for any fan's tastes. Haven't you heard people complaining about how Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho have been re-running for months on end?

Thanks for providing the line-up, though. I'm quite surprised that they plan on showing Gundam 0080 and Mobile Suit Gundam, especially with Gundam SEED on the way.

MillieFan, CN will never buy the rights to Gravitation. Disregarding homophobia and all of the issues which you mentioned, Adult Swim is extremely leery of romantic series. People have begged AS to show Love Hina and Kare Kano for years. If [i]they[/i] couldn't get on TV, then Gravitation doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

~Dagger~

Well, I like must disagree with you on your distaste of a different episode everyday. Yes, you are right about Inuyasha and other shows restarting much quicker, but I hate waiting a whole week, even if it's two episodes a week. The best thing whould be to space it out. Two episodes a week may be fine, but the wait is the true murder.

As for MSG, MSG 0080, and GG, why are there two episodes of G Gundam but just one each of the others? They should replace one G Gundam episode with somethign else, like Gundam Wing. Just not SD Gundam.

Thanks for telling us the line up, but what's with the time gap between G Gundam and Inuyasha?

I assume that the time gap would be filled with regular Saturday evening shows, such as Teen Titans and Samurai Jack. Adult Swim usually doesn't start until 11:00.

Look at it this way, Nikorasu. In Japan, new episodes of Inuyasha are released on a weekly basis, which means that fans have to wait seven days for half an hour of material. Comparatively speaking, we're quite well off.

~Dagger~

yeah, you can get IY fansubs of ep 140 i think, anyways, does anyone actually care that AS shows anime or not, they have been on reruns since summer '03, and supposedly somethin new was going to air sometime in '04, i'm still waiting, and if its something like RahXephon, or Chobits, it would be okay *FLCL 4 EVER :love: *

and as for that shounen-ai thing, i dont think so, but you know ;)

The new shows coming to Adult Swim in 2004 are Witch Hunter Robin (which has already arrived), Gundam SEED, Wolf's Rain, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, The Animatrix, and Detective Conan.

RahXephon and Chobits will never be aired on Cartoon Network, mainly because they're both ADV series. And ADV, fortunately or not, owns The Anime Network. But bear in mind that those shows would need to be heavily edited if Adult Swim planned on playing them... I'd rather just go buy the uncut DVDs.

~Dagger~

Well hello again everyone.

Do any of you remember me ?

Good. I am looking for some of the members around here that could talk witch hunter robin with me.

Now, I have an idea of how the people here operate and often times we (the members) don't know of an anime until it is brought to the mass american market. (sorry but this otaku's been out of the game for quite a while. ) :smirk:

Anyway,[B] I would like to know about a couple of charactors... either in a pm or in a spoiler tagged post.[/B]

The veteran hunter (amon ?) and the rookie. (youngster fella)
What are their powers, etc. ?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Kent]Well hello again everyone.

Do any of you remember me ?

Good. I am looking for some of the members around here that could talk witch hunter robin with me.

Now, I have an idea of how the people here operate and often times we (the members) don't know of an anime until it is brought to the mass american market. (sorry but this otaku's been out of the game for quite a while. ) :smirk:

Anyway,[B] I would like to know about a couple of charactors... either in a pm or in a spoiler tagged post.[/B]

The veteran hunter (amon ?) and the rookie. (youngster fella)
What are their powers, etc. ?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Actually, I'm pretty sure there is a Witch Hunter Robin thread if you feel like browsing the forum. Just thought I'd be helpful.[/color][/size]

well for anyone who has been to the AS Forums lately ( man I hate that forum , it sucks- nowhere near as good as Otakuboards) there has been a little bit of bad news. It seems that AS Saturdays will not be happening. The following is an official report from Adult swim.

""Due to concerns from our ad sales department about giving up one hour of sellable children's inventory on Saturday night, we regret that we were unable to obtain Saturday nights for Adult Swim action.

Instead, beginning Thursday, April 22, Thursday nights will be devoted to action programming. Sunday nights, beginning April 18, will be devoted to comedy. We actually believe ratings on these two nights will be stronger for these changes, but we admit it's not as good as adding an extra night of Adult Swim programming.

Monday-Wednesday programming will remain a mix of comedy and action.

Other announcements:

-- The Animatrix premieres Thursday, April 22, at 11 p.m.

-- As previously announced, 52 new episodes of InuYasha premieres will begin airing on Thursday nights at 11 p.m. on April 29.

-- 26 episodes of Wolf's Rain premieres begin airing on Thursday nights at 11:30 p.m. on April 29.

-- Case Closed, known as Detective Conan in Japan, will premiere Mondays-Thursdays at midnight beginning on June 7. """"

Even though no AS-Saturdays they will be showing The Animatrix and such on Thursdays but I still have one question.... where will Gundam Seed and GITS:Stand Alone Complex be fitting in. It would beem the AS roster is somewhat full and very close to overflowing with too many programs and not enough hours and days to air it all.
Don't know bout you but this does suck- highly.

[QUOTE=shadowfire]Even though no AS-Saturdays they will be showing The Animatrix and such on Thursdays but I still have one question.... where will Gundam Seed and GITS:Stand Alone Complex be fitting in. It would beem the AS roster is somewhat full and very close to overflowing with too many programs and not enough hours and days to air it all.
Don't know bout you but this does suck- highly.[/QUOTE]

This does indeed suck highly. >_<

I don't know about Stand Alone Complex, but I think Gundam SEED may actually be going to Toonami. I can't remember where I read that, but it makes a certain degree of sense. Apparently Toonami is going to focus even more on action, with Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam SEED, and some other shows which I.... well, honestly can't remember. But in any event, I think it's time for me to retract my earlier statement. All the series which I mentioned in my other posts [i]are[/i] coming to Cartoon Network, but not necessarily to Adult Swim.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=#503F86]For UK anime fans- Big O will be airing on Toonami (Sky channel 621) from 7:00 and 9:50pm GMT as of Monday. I've never seen Big O or heard much about it apart from the fact it's anime and rather similar to Bubblegum Crisis. It's billed in the listings as a 'children's animation', but I hope they're just judging that on the fact that it's animation rather than how heavily it's edited. Either way it's anime, so I'll be watching it. If nothing else it'll partly fill the gap that Tenchi and Gundam Wing left behind. With any luck they'll buy the rights to a few other series as well...[/COLOR]

First off, big O is nothing like b.g.c.

Big O is based on a man who is called "the negotiator". This guy is voiced in english by the man who does c.b.'s spike. The basic premise of the show is this man's adventures with his "mega-duece". The mega-duece he reffers to as big O is not anything like most of the mechs from anime. Only it's size is similar to gundams, and speed... well there really isn't any.

The show uses an emphasis on how slow a robot of that size would be and works well within those limitations. The combat between mechs is limited to about 1 fight per a show with only 2 mechs in each fight. If your a fan of fast gundams, evas or b.g.c. style mobile suits, don't expect to be happy with the mech combat. But like I said, it still does an alright job of getting some action in.

There is also a major theme about memories and our attachment to the past. However, this concept is often badly written and even more poorly organized on a philosophical level. Only the most accepting minds will be able to listen to the long philosophical monologes without saying to themself, damn, this is just rediculus!

So, yes, big O is a show to give a try, but it is certainly not worth comparing to the likes of series such as bubble gum crisis or gundam.

btw, in japan big O was a failure through and through, but as it failed there, it aired here and began to do better than expected. (thanks to cn.) The only reason season two came was for the american market.

Kent, hon, could you do me a favor and re-post that in the "Big O Continued" thread? I'd love to write a rebuttal, but I don't want to drag this thread further off topic. Thanks a million. ^_^

Also, does anyone know whether Detective Conan will be airing on Toonami or Adult Swim?

~Dagger~

Ah- if anyone has been to ANN lately they have reported on more sad and odd news. I'll give you the report and ya'll can talk amongst your selfs .

Official report news from ANN.

Toonami moves to Saturday nights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Monday, April 19, Cartoon Network launches "Miguzi," a new action-adventure programming block. Airing weekdays from 5-7pm EST, the new Miguzi block will feature Totally Spies, Code LYOKO, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Teen Titans.

The premiere of Miguzi displaces Cartoon Network's Toonami block after six years in the weekday afternoon slot. Starting Saturday, April 17, Toonami will move to Saturday evenings, airing from 7pm-midnight EST. The SVES programming block that currently occupies Saturday nights will end after April 9th.

According to Cartoon Network, Miguzi will be aimed at kids 6-11, while Toonami will become more-teen oriented. Centered around action and anime, Toonami will show Gundam SEED beginning in April, as well Yu Yu Hakusho. May will feature the Toonami premieres of Megas XLR (a Cartoon Network original series), Rave Masters, and Dragon Ball GT. The premiere of Cyborg 009 S2 is expected in June.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally I think this is a bad move but yet good move for CN. Replacing Toonami with another block that has even worse shows will prove to suck. Gundam Seed airing on the new Toonami block will suck as well as things will be edited out a lot- cause Seed is one of the most echhi/fanservicey of all the gundam series. Now making Toonami more teen-orientated is a good move an with GS,YYH , that proves that but DBGT is not IMO teen orientated. Rave Masters I don't know cause haven't seen it, Cyborg 009 S2 I don't know but if it's anything like the original Cyborg 009 I won't like it cause I don't like Cyborg 009- not a good storyline. Don't even know what Megas XLR is but it better not be an american anime attemept like Teen Titans and Totally Spies. Speaking of Totally Spies, WTF- they haven't made new episodes since 2001 and theres only maybe a dozen episodes and they suck, TS sucks period.
Some parts will be a good move but for the most part it's a bad move.

Hi >all. :love: :smirk: :babble: :) :tasty:

[COLOR=#503F86]Welcome to the Boards, Benio. Just so that you know, these kind of posts are definately spam on OtakuBoards- introductory threads aren't allowed, much less posting something so short in an unrelated thread. Please read the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] before posting again.

-Solo[/COLOR]

Hmm... this does indeed sound like a bad move.

Putting down a new system all together is always a risk, and when you alienate your core audience by doing so, you are infact making a bad move. A very bad move.

This is sad to me as I was hoping to see some more yyh on weekday afternoons. Im also saddened by this due to the fact that this will take almost all of my afternoon tv away.

Then again, now that I think of it, I can see why they are doing this. I mean, if you take a look at it...

If cn was to keep adult swim around, fix up the weekend schedule as much as possible, and then cater to the youngsters with the afternoon schedule, it would be very marketable for them and very boring for us. (on weekdays)
I think the key for cn would be to continue bringing new animes over here.

btw, teen titans does not suck at all, infact, I think it's a rather good show. So while you are entitled to your opinion, don't be suprised if people laugh you out when you knock the titans for being an "american anime" or whatever it was called. Fact is, anime is actually japanese animation that's based on pre-1950 cartoons, so if we're gonna sit around and act like getting artistic influence from outside sources is a bad thing, then we better start knockin on the japanese for stealing betty boop style all those years back. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Kent]Hmm... this does indeed sound like a bad move.

Putting down a new system all together is always a risk, and when you alienate your core audience by doing so, you are infact making a bad move. A very bad move.

This is sad to me as I was hoping to see some more yyh on weekday afternoons. Im also saddened by this due to the fact that this will take almost all of my afternoon tv away.

Then again, now that I think of it, I can see why they are doing this. I mean, if you take a look at it...

If cn was to keep adult swim around, fix up the weekend schedule as much as possible, and then cater to the youngsters with the afternoon schedule, it would be very marketable for them and very boring for us. (on weekdays)
I think the key for cn would be to continue bringing new animes over here.

btw, teen titans does not suck at all, infact, I think it's a rather good show. So while you are entitled to your opinion, don't be suprised if people laugh you out when you knock the titans for being an "american anime" or whatever it was called. Fact is, anime is actually japanese animation that's based on pre-1950 cartoons, so if we're gonna sit around and act like getting artistic influence from outside sources is a bad thing, then we better start knockin on the japanese for stealing betty boop style all those years back. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

You are right Kent Teen Titans is an amazing show I just don't understand why they would change Toonami to Miguzi and replace them with these shows and for heavens sake tell me they are using the Ninja Turtles series that revolves around the comic book the one they air on FoxBox that is the good one the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles does that stand well against the new FoxBox version. Does anyone have any information on Code LYOKO what is that show and how will Totally Spies work if they don't show new episodes no one is gonna watch.

I also can someone find information on Rave Masters what is this show never heard anything about it then again I am in the U.S. we don't know much about anime unless we go online and buy it ah living in Japan would be much better a more technological place instead of the U.S. with all of its problems. Back to the subject can someone also get information on this Megas XRL and what its about I watched I don't remember a show like that on CN and I have watched it since Dark Waters and Space Ghost, and Birdman, and Smurfs and Snorkels used to come on and I have never seen that show. I have to know will the new Cyborg 009 S2 keep to the plot of the first or are they all new characters and what the mess were they thinking when they put Toonami on Saturdays and made this Thursday Action night stuff and Sunday comedy what shows will come on the Action night and what on the comedy and why oh god why did they get rid of Fooly Cooly why! why! GT should be replaced with Fooly Cooly comeon its better more teen like than that last grasp anime trying to keep DragonballZ in the spotlight

Inuyasha7271, let's get a few things straight. First of all, punctuation and grammar are your friends. Secondly, people will be much more likely to answer your questions if you organize them into separate paragraphs. Also--and this is a big pet peeve of mine--if you're only responding to a certain section of someone's reply, please don't quote their entire post. It just wastes space.

Besides, you could type any of those shows' titles into Google and find a whole host of interesting, informative websites about their characters, storylines, etc. I'm not discouraging other members from telling you what they're like, but try to remember that OB isn't exactly a search engine.

Please keep these things in mind the next time you write a post. Many thanks. ^_^

~Dagger~

[quote name='female outlaw']is this in america or england....I NEED 2 KNOW!!!!!!!!! :p[/quote]

Welcome to OtakuBoards, female outlaw. ^_^

This topic deals mostly with anime on American TV, and those posts which relate to other countries are supposed to be clearly marked (in order to avoid any kind of confusion). Your question is relevant, but its answer happens to be more or less self-evident. Next time, take a look around the thread before asking so hastily, and try adding some more substance to your posts. And please don't force me to delete another reply, because I really don't like making it look as though I double-posted.

Moving on.....

I figured that a few of you, particularly my fellow Last Exile fanatics, might find the following article to be of interest.

[quote=ICv2 News]
ICv2 has confirmed that Geneon's stylish Last Exile anime series will debut on Tech TV on March 8. Produced by Gonzo, the computer-savvy studio behind Blue Submarine #6, Vandread, and Hellsing, Last Exile is a visually rich retro science fiction aerial epic set in a world of airships and early industrial progress. Tech TV will air two episodes of Last Exile every night from March 8 through March 13. On Sunday, March 14 Tech TV will present the first half of the Last Exile series (13 episodes) in a mini-marathon.

Last Exile is a very striking anime series with a strong plotline that weaves throughout its 26-episodes and fashions it into something more akin to a 12-hour mini-series rather than to a string of self-contained episodes -- so the mini-marathon scheduling makes a lot of sense. A strong burst of TV exposure should help this property. Last Exile is further evidence of the increase in the quality and quantity of anime series on American TV (see "Cartoon Network Will Air Detective Conan"). As long as anime continues to receive this kind of prime television exposure its influence on American pop culture will continue to grow.[/quote]

~Dagger~