Syk3

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A small anime on SVES note:

Yu Yu Hakusho will be moving from its 12:30AM spot to 11:30PM, replacing Dragonball Z.
Knights of the Zodiac will be moving to the 12:30AM spot. Its unclear if it will continue new episodes.

This is a very recent change, so I am still trying to gather information.

Guest SuperS.Topher
Does anyone know if cn will air DBGT in the future? Also for anyone out there who is listening, FLCL sucks. It is the worst ever!!!

[color=red][size=1][font=arial]Its probably going to air sometime at the end of this year or the first quarter of next year.

C'mon, lets face it. Any Dragon Ball series is commecrial...CN will air it if they can get their mitts on it.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperS.Topher [/i]
[B]Does anyone know if cn will air DBGT in the future? Also for anyone out there who is listening, FLCL sucks. It is the worst ever!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, really? Care to provide a little justification for that statement?

It'll be replaced by Inuyasha on November 10, anyway.

And JCBaggee is correct about DBGT. So be happy--you won't have to wait very long to see it.

~Dagger~

The stats for the first week of Toonami in November are in, and here it is:

Monday-Thursdays
5.0 PM - SD Gundam [Third Run]
5.5 PM - Justice League
6.0 PM - Transformers Armada
6.5 PM - Dragonball [Continuing New Episodes]

Fridays:
5.0 PM - SD Gundam [Third Run]
5.5 PM - He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
6.0 PM - Transformers Armada: The Unicron Battles - American Television Premiere
6.5 PM - Dragonball GT [NEW Series]

GT will be airing with FUNimations first episode, and not the actual first episode. When we will see the first 16 or so episodes is unknown.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr. Period [/i]
[B]So....how many times are you guys going to update this? Ya' know, I've heard of this awesome thing called the TV GUIDE!!! Sorry, but come on, 23 freakin pages!?!?!? (although i haven't read them all, so maby you guys talked about something over) [/B][/QUOTE]
This thread isn't only about what shows are currently playing, while many people do come here to find that out, but also what has been announced to be shown in the coming months, and channels with anime that might not even be in the TV guide. In fact, some TV guides don't list the Cartoon Network, depending on where you live.

Besides, why search through other TV shows in the guide looking for anime when you can find every anime that Cartoon Network has, as well as the times that they air, right here?

Exactly, Syk3. CN changes its line-up fairly frequently--just look at how many times Inuyasha has been taken off the air. It's very convenient to have a thread where one can find information on a number of shows. Besides, the schedules posted here are almost always accurate, both in terms of time and date.

And I believe that people can also submit the latest news about which series have been licensed to which networks, etc. So this thread is actually extremely useful.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't heard anything about Kenshin returning to Toonami (or weekdays in general). And CN's online schedule states that it's still set to air at 11:00 tonight. Sorry, but I'd advise disregarding any rumors that may have come to your attention, Ellester.

~Dagger~

Are you serious? Cartoon Network has bought the rights to Witch Hunter Robin?

*cue Handel's "Hallelujah" chorus*

That's [i]wonderful[/i]. My faith in CN's judgment has finally been reaffirmed. I'm looking forward to Rave Masters as well, though I don't know much about it. Hopefully, they'll continue to acquire more promising new series.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
I've seen the first episode of Witch Hunter Robin; I'd say it will be a good show. It starts out with a group of people hunting this person down, who uses some sort of power (thus a witch, even if male), and that makes the hunters witch hunters. They are the good guys here, I think. They catch the guy, get back to HQ, and eventually this girls dresses in black shows up, an addition to their team. She too, is a witch. I don't know much more, and I am looking forward to watching it on AS (which is the most likely place for it). I wonder who will do the voices...

OK this is really on my nerves now.
OK for the past couple of years CN has aired the Iron Giant for 24 hours the day after Thanksgiving. OK they drink, smoke, and say Hell and Dammnit. Ok it's on at a time little kids can watch it and also 24 hours. WHY THE HELL can they do that yet on Toonami or SVES cut out drinking and smokeing and specifically my favorite line in YYH ( damnit Botan, by Yususke) out .? Those shows aired on those blocks aren't specifically targeted to just kids but yet IG is and they can show that without any edits.

I think if they can show smoking and say Dammnit in that movie, why the hell not allow it in anime showned in Toonami and SVES.
Why don't they do it. Cause CNHQ is full of nothing but hypocritical contradictive priks.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkblue]Bebop is back as of last night!

I kept refreshing my screen thinking that something was wrong.

Sadly I had to reset my timer all over again.*No!*

It's now on @1:00 A.M. and (same Ep.) @4:00 A.M. (I think.. )

yay!

Well see ya

~*Dragonrose*~[/COLOR]

Guest MetalSonic700
Yes, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun will be playing their finale this month. Im not sure if theill ever be played after that again. More info in beckett anime collecter.

Yes allas, CB is back but I don't know if it's it's last run. They have more anime coming in in the next couple months so they might squeeze out some shows. IMO Reign should be the first one.

I was over at ANN and looked at an article from like a week or two ago and they said that CN/AS announced 3 anime possibilities, 1 we already know of.
They said that Witch Hunter Robin would definitely start showing in Febuary. Wolf's Rain will probably be shown in April and Ghost In The Shell ? will probably be shown in July. Didn't specify if it was the movie or Stand Alone Complex.

I'm looking forward to seeing WHR and I can understand showing Wolf's Rain cause I've heard good things about it, but Ghost In The Shell? It's probably gonna be Stand Alone Complex if it does show cause unless they make an AS movie thing GITS well not be showing. And if they do show it they'll have to edit alot of stuff.

If anyone's interested in the current Cartoon Network Australia lineups, here you go:

WEEKDAYS

7:00 am - Dragonball
4:30 pm - Pokemon
5:00 pm - Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy
6:00 pm - Transformers Armada

WEEKENDS

8:00 am - Hamtaro
4:00 pm - Pokemon
4:30 pm - Dragonball Z
5:00 pm - Cardcaptors
5:30 pm - Zoids: Chaotic Century

ADULT SWIM (Friday Night)

10:00 pm - Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
10:30 pm - Cowboy Bebop
11:00 pm - Gasaraki

ADULT SWIM (Saturday Night)

10:00 pm - Tenchi Muyo OAV (US Toonami Edit)
10:30 pm - Orphen
11:00 pm - Trigun
11:30 pm - Neon Genesis Evangelion

This month, they're also having Dragonball Z marathons between the 22nd of December to the 24th. It airs between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm and covers the Great Saiyaman Saga to the Majin Buu Saga.

I noticed a mistake in their advertising which I found amusing and have attached.

PS - I wasn't happy that someone mentioned what happens at the end of Trigun without spoiler tags.

[quote][i]Originally posted by herbkir[/i]
Are the anime in Australia edited for content or time, or do they run uncut? (^_*)[/quote]

As far as I know, cartoon network Australia doesn't do any editing. It simply plays what was aired in America. You can tell this because the Adult Swim shows display an American PG15 classification notice in the top left corner (our classification system doesn't work that way).

Tenchi Muyo, as I've already mentioned is the US Toonami Edit (indicated in the end credits). This still barely manages to fit into half an hour though, so it's possible the editing was for time.

Cardcaptors, as many would know is heavily edited compared to the original Card Captor Sakura. We also get the Funimation dub of Dragonball and Dragonball Z. GT has yet to be aired (only available on DVD).

Evangelion only recently came back on. Last saturday was the second episode. If my memory serves me correctly, it aired quite some time ago (on weeknights).

Yo, some one told me that starting January 5th, Toonami will be showing new episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho and possibly bringing DBGT to Monday thrue Friday. I haven't been able to find any credibility for this. Could any one confirm this.
I'd really like to see the ending of the Dark Tournament seeing as how I haven't gotten my hands of the dvd's yet.