OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

Guest Tical
You missed Saito kill the blind guy (boring battle) and the beginnig of Kenshins surprise battle with Aoshi (not all that so far)

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
[B]And FLCL.. I don't even know what that stands for. Sorry, Black_Phoenix, can't help ya there. :( [/B][/QUOTE]

Fooly Cooly. Furi Kuri. There are a whole buncha names for it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tical [/i]
[B]Blue Gender is on August 4th. I dont know bout FLCL [/B][/QUOTE]

Same day.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the spiegal [/i]
[B][color=green]WOW! I was really mad when they canceled kenshin on toonami because i think it was near the end. By the way, what part is it at? I really hope i didnt miss anything good :worried: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

It's still airing every Saturday night at 9:30pm.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tical [/i]
[B]You missed Saito kill the blind guy (boring battle) and the beginnig of Kenshins surprise battle with Aoshi (not all that so far) [/B][/QUOTE]

It was one of the greatest fights in the entire series. It was just edited badly (I.E. The blind fighter was held up to the wall by a sword, CN wasn't allowed to show it, so he was just stuck up there without any explaination)

Considering the content of Blue Gender, I am totally surprised that it is being aired at all.

Either the editors are going to be getting enough overtime pay to buy mansions in California here ~.^ (if you've seen our real estate prices, you'll get that joke) or there's going to be an uproar like you wouldn't believe from the family groups and conservatives.

I mean, I've even seen people that [i]aren't[/i] that conservative express total shock and disgust at BG. So. . .it could easily be a black eye to us all. . .:blackeye:

Blue Gender's editing can be explained in one word: Butchered.

There are scenes of graphic violence and sexual intercourse, some of which is going to be hard for WS to edit around. And since there is no way that Cartoon Network will air a TV-MA show, it's going to be pished down to a heavy TV-PG.

-Cyber

I'm sorry if this was answered already here but I can't read back through that many posts but will Zoid Chaotic Century ever be coming back? 'Twas one of my favorite shows and I'd really like to see it all the way through for once so any info is appreciated.

I can't wait for Big O 2 and FLCL. B.O.2 looks better than Big O 1, and I know how a lot of people say FLCL is weird, but personally I thinks it's really cool. I don't care about Blue Gender cause I've already seen that but yeah they will be butchering it. Also any one know when CN will start airing Saint Seiya.?

The most amusing thing to me is that no one seems to realize that CN wants to air most of this stuff nearly completely unedited (I say that because I doubt they'd keep the sex, but who really knows).

Unfortunately, they are listed as a kids channel, not as an all-ages channel, and so the standards and practices that rule over TV networks simply won't allow it at this point.

If they manage to change their standing as a network, they would be able to air such things. However, I don't see it happening... unless they make yet another network.

My point is just that it's not as if they want to have to chop all this anime up, but they have very little choice in the matter due to that and other reasons.

In any case, at least they are bothering. Before CN and Adult Swim, there wasn't even an alternative really.

[size=1][color=blue]Yeah BlueGender probabaly be cut up pretty bad I dont know how they are going to show it without cutting out about 3-5 minutes from every episode and I bewt they will end up cutting out the ending completely. But as long as they stay true to the story iom fine with them cutting up there shows. I get to see anime on a nightly basis thanks to them.[/size][/color]

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]Oh YEAH I forgot all about the ending credit sequence for blue gender...How are they gonna do that...Put black bars over her :rolleyes:

That should be interesting to see how they work around her nakedness...

I really cant wait to see this just cause im so utterly curious how there gonna edit the series... :devil: [/color][/font][/b]

It will be curious to see how they do Blue Gender and as for the ending credits remember they showed a little nudity in Lupin 3 so you never know. They might even create a whole new ending credits by taking opening credits and airing them at the end. But I don't care since I already own it but still I'm curious to see how they'll do it.

I want to see FLCL bad, I can't wait for the panty shots :)

Yes, FLCL AKA Fooly Cooly AKA Furi Kuri. I honestly cant wait. The pillows did an awsome job on the metal rock musical score. And quote from Anime Academy.com "Its so in your face, its like beign kicked in the groin to the senses." I could tell what they ment just from the preveiw. That looks like its going too be excellent.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire[/i]
[B]Also any one know when CN will start airing Saint Seiya.? [/B][/QUOTE]

August 30th at 7PM e.s.t. on SVES

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire[/i]
[B]and as for the ending credits remember they showed a little nudity in Lupin 3 so you never know[/B]
[/QUOTE]

Yes, but that was nipple-less nudity. They won't [B]ever[/B] allow nipple nudity on CN. At least not for a few years.
-Cyber

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]Sighz...Why do so many people keep asking this same question over and over when its been posted so many times...

For the umpteenth time...Inuyasha is coming back with new eps on AUGUST 25...write it down...remeber it...Stop asking about it... :p

On another note FLCL looks really cool...It appears to be very chaotic and frantic...And the animation looks really smooth...

And I heard the dubbing is fantastic...cant wait to see this one... :cool: [/color][/font][/b]

Hey everyone, here are some updates.

BTW, just to note, YYH isn't starting new episodes on August 15th. Wherever you heard that is lying.

[B]InuYasha[/B] - Running new episodes until Episode #52 which airs on September 18th. It will restart with episode #37.

[B]Big O II[/B] - Will continue new episodes until Episode #18 on August 31st. It will be replaced by Futurama for a few weeks and will return on September 7th where it left off.

[B]Blue Gender[/B] - Will complete it's first full run on Sept 16th. It'll begin it's second run the next day.

[B]Rurouni Kenshin[/B] - Moves to 11:00PM est on SVES on Sept 6th. Still continuing in the Kyoto Arc.

[B]Knights of the Zodiac[/B] - Will be airing episodes all through Sept and into Oct with no interuption.

[B]SD Gundam Force (AKA Superior Defender)[/B] - Will begin airing on Toonami on Sept 1st at 5:00PM est.

[B]Dragon Ball[/B] - Will continue where it left off with new episodes in September.

[B]DBZ MOVIES[/B] - Here are the dates for the DBZ movies airing in September. These are airing Fridays at 6:00PM est.
9/05: DBZ - Bardock: The Father of Goku
9/12: DBZ - History of Trunks
9/19: DBZ - Cooler's Revenge
9/26: DBZ - Return of Cooler

[B]Dragon Ball GT[/B] - It will begin airing October 5th on Toonami.

If I get anymore info, I'll post it.
-Cyber

Sry about the YYH thing it was actually going to be August 11th but this is what happen...

July 28, 2003

It seems that Cartoon Network once again refuses to allow us viewers to see new episodes. YYH will be looping back into reruns on August 11, a date previously thought by fans to be when the final episodes of the Dark Tournament would be aired.

Curses!

From tvtome.com (not advertising just stating where i got it from to show that it was real).