OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

Zoids Fuzors??? Wha?? (yes I am horribly lost) I watch Chaotic Century every morning at 6:30 b4 I go on the bus. ^-^ (IRVINE!!!) INUYASHA RULES!!! I stay up to watch it even though I'm not supposed to and my grandma tapes it anyway (shh don't tell). Hey, I can live on 5 1/2 hours of sleep! RUROUNI KENSHIN IS AWESOME! ^-^ RK and IY are my fave shows EVER!!! I really hope they show the rest of Yu Yu Hakusho. 'Cause if they deprive me of Youko Kurama any longer I just might have to go buy it! (gasp) I watched part of the first ep. of SD Gundam and I thought it was really weird. Well... the gundams are cute but the people scare me. :sweat: Whatever happened to Lupin? I miss Goemon!!! -_- The Big really really big BIG premiere on WB is tomorrow! Weeeee.... splat. (don't ask)

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ANN it has an article with an interview with the CN producer who's responsible for Toonami,Adult Swim and SNES and in the article he says Rurouni Kenshin should have been on Adult Swim from the beginning. Even the producer agrees with most everybody who's knows about Kenshin. He also said they'r looking in to Tenchi GXP.

Every time I watch one of the "regulars" on cn, (cb in this case) I end up looking for a "general (insert title here)" thread.

Today of course it was bebop. It's nice to have the show around and I've recently picked up on signs of what I feel are rather adult subjects, that some might not already notice.

What a great series it is ;)

If any of you newbies haven't watched the series, its starting on adult swim from the first episode as of tonight. So catch it if you can.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kent [/i]
[B]Every time I watch one of the "regulars" on cn, (cb in this case) I end up looking for a "general (insert title here)" thread.

Today of course it was bebop. It's nice to have the show around and I've recently picked up on signs of what I feel are rather adult subjects, that some might not already notice.

What a great series it is ;)

If any of you newbies haven't watched the series, its starting on adult swim from the first episode as of tonight. So catch it if you can. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm a newbie and I've seen every one of the episodes and I watched The Movie in Jappanesse then again in Enlish (For no reason).

If [b]anyone[/b] hasn't seen the movie or the seires, I recomend it.

Cowboy Bebob back on AS... Can't wait... :Sarcasm: Well at least people who havn't seen it get to watch it for the first time.

It is a very good anime.

~Xaru

[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kent [/i]
[B]
I haven't seen igpx, nor gundam sd... regardless of what you guys may think of those shows, Im gonna give them a chance.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I've actually quite interested in IGPX, because I'm a sucker for goos animation and action, whether it's cheap or good. :P I've heard of Gundam Seed, but all I've really seen of it was some green-haired boy. *shrugs*[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote][i][size=1]Taken from [adult swim 2004]
[URL=http://www.adultswimunleashed.com/]http://www.adultswimunleashed.com/[/URL][/i][/size]

[ADULT SWIM NEWS!]
09:22 pm on 09/28/2003

From the Atlantic Con, and reported by Talibancity of ToonZone Forums:

Here's the news announced:

-Ranma and Evangelion will never be coming to Adult Swim.
-52 new episodes of Inuyasha in 2004.
-Big O Season 2 is "exceeding expectations"
-Then the subject of Harry Goz (Captain Murphy) was brought up. They said AS was facing several different options. Finding a replacement, cancelling show and what they have done so far is write new scripts w/o the role of Captain Murphy.
-Saturday nights: Adult Swim is very interested in re-gaining Saturday night, and that Saturday could possibly be the movie night, they also mentioned showing the Inuyasha movies.
-New action shows will be coming, but no names were mentioned.
-FLCL did excellent, and Adult Swim was very happy on how it did.
-It is nearly impossible for them to make new Family Guy Episodes

Very big news, ENJOY!!![/quote]
I can't wait for new InuYasha episodes next year! It will be cutting off right after the Shichinintai are resurrected. I believe it is episode 103 that Jakotsu first appears. That will make for good times. InuYasha's expressions will be priceless when he sees a guy drooling over him. lol

[size=1][i]Ranma and Evangelion will never be coming to Adult Swim.[/i]
-Thank [b]God[/b] for that. I don't want to imagine the results from meddling parents after watching Evangelion. *imagines butchered Evangelion anime shown on Toonami* *dies*

[i]It is nearly impossible for them to make new Family Guy Episodes.[/i]
-Ouch. I really loved that show.

[i]FLCL did excellent, and Adult Swim was very happy on how it did.[/i]
-It [i]is[/i] an excellent anime show...

[i]Saturday nights: Adult Swim is very interested in re-gaining Saturday night, and that Saturday could possibly be the movie night, they also mentioned showing the Inuyasha movies.[/i]
-Oooooh...YES! ^_^ That would be very nice.
[/size]

Hey, I didn't think Gundam SD stood for Gundam Seed.. I have seen Gundam Seed, trust me there's a big difference. I think it stands for Superior Defender. In any case, movie night would be great, as far as adult swim goes. If CN was really looking for an anime market, you'd think that what with their aiming towards younger kids (Toonami) and to adults (adult swim) that they would aim for the adolescents in between... Oh well. I fit into that category that they are not aiming for, and i'm happy with what's on, regardless.

Well, I bet there is an answer here somewhere. I personally do not know, but some smart person here should be able to answer that, that they should. I hope it goes on to december. I really do. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! It is to be the most promising one yet! Oh, and I went to the mall and looked in the anime section and I wanted to know what Love Hinna is. I saw a lot of the books. I just was wondering if someone could let me know...perhaps fill me in,. that they could. Excuse me, for I am quite prone to getting off topic...lol
Cocomi Myojin

Guest clow12391
crap!!! i posted that in the wrong section!!! srry! i know what ove hina is! its for older teens. its about this guy who goes to the inn, to live with his g-ma and finds out it and girls dorm, and the list goes on! really hard to explain, but id rate the manga a 96% A

CN really needs more new and interesting shows. To say the least, Toonami really really sucks right now! However next year, Toonami 2004 [i think it'll be either Toonami or AS] CN will be premiering Rave Masters [ real title: Groove Adventure Rave]. Yay! Rave Masters is an excellent manga and I'm sure that the anime will be just as good [negating the possible edits and major cliffhanger]. I pray that this news is true. I soo wanna see Haru, Musica, and Sieghart! Mmm....

Response to other news: Inuyasha movie possibly shown on CN Saturdays? Excellent! I loooved the first movie. Let's hope that this news is true too. As for 52 new Inuyasha episodes next year--*scoffs* CN probably won't be showing it until summer 2004. They'll just keep us viewers in suspense while pushing the date further and further into the year.

Let us all just hope for the best.

Yeah right now Toonami does suck but DBGT will start showing November 7th so that'll liven it up a bit but not to much though.

Saturday movies would be a really excellent thing to do. Inuyasha movies would be the perfect idea along with the Tenchi Muyo and possible Lupin movies. It did suck though for AS to wait all that time to only show less than 20 episodes of Inuyasha , but when you think about in japan the series is up to somewhere early hundreds and here we are somewhere around 50,60 episodes. Seeing how long it takes to get a hold and dub and edit them , it should be about right.

Also, I MISS LUPIN 3. AS just deosn't see like AS with out Lupin. It's like it's missing some crucial part of it. They need to get more eps and bring it back.

I've always been a supporter of the concept of showing anime movies on Saturday night. As long as they're decently good, I think it'll be a tremendous hit.

Rave Masters sounds pretty interesting. I have to say, Toonami is at an all-time low right now. I loved watching it over the summer (Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin--what an amazing line-up), so hopefully things will improve.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire [/i]
[B]Yeah right now Toonami does suck but DBGT will start showing November 7th so that'll liven it up a bit but not to much though.
[/B][/QUOTE]

ReallY? Cool! Now I can finnaly see past te first 7 episodes. Where did you find out?

Did you know Rave Master hits Toonami next year?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by magic_raditz [/i]
[B]Does anyone know [U]exactly[/U] how many more of episodes of Rurouni Kenshin are going to be aired? Or if you at least know if it will last until december. [/B][/QUOTE]

Its going to air two more episodes, and then begin back at the begining of the Kyoto Arc. Its going to be a while until new episodes air, since its going to be hard to fit most of the Son of God Arc into TV-Y7.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire [/i]
[B]Also, I MISS LUPIN 3. AS just deosn't see like AS with out Lupin. It's like it's missing some crucial part of it. They need to get more eps and bring it back. [/B][/QUOTE]

I read an article that Lupin III did HORRIBLE in the ratings, and its likely we won't see much of it in the future. This may be due to it being on at 1:30 AM for the most part, but whatever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eternal Otaku [/i]
[B]ReallY? Cool! Now I can finnaly see past te first 7 episodes. Where did you find out? [/B][/QUOTE]

Both Animation Insider and Toon Zone have confirmed it. Along with many relible sources.

Well, I'm not sure if this would go here or not, but my brother was messing around with our Comcast 'On Demand' feature today, and he found the Anime Network that allowed you to play any anime out of a large list in different categories at any time, free of cost, and even lets you pause and rewind and such. I'm unaware if this is what they have been talking about all along when referring to the Anime Network (rather than it being an actual channel, and this On Demand is a step before it), but I felt that I needed to let you all know. :)

To get it, you first must have Comcast Digital Cable with On Demand, and go to channel 001. Scroll down the list until you come to another page of listings, and in the top right corner you should see a link entitled The Cutting Edge. Go there, and then in the top right corner of that should be The Anime Network, and simply choose from there. I've been going absolutely crazy on this, heh, and have seen about 3 different anime episodes so far.

And for the record, I live in Maryland, in case that matters.

EDIT: I talked to my friend about it, and aparently he's known for a while. *shakes fist at him* Unfortunately, he says that if too many people use the On Demand feature at once, it goes down, and they switch the epsidoes every few weeks. But other than that, it still sounds promising to me. ^.~

[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]Well, I'm not sure if this would go here or not, but my brother was messing around with our Comcast 'On Demand' feature today, and he found the Anime Network that allowed you to play any anime out of a large list in different categories at any time, free of cost, and even lets you pause and rewind and such. I'm unaware if this is what they have been talking about all along when referring to the Anime Network (rather than it being an actual channel, and this On Demand is a step before it), but I felt that I needed to let you all know. :)

To get it, you first must have Comcast Digital Cable with On Demand, and go to channel 001. Scroll down the list until you come to another page of listings, and in the top right corner you should see a link entitled The Cutting Edge. Go there, and then in the top right corner of that should be The Anime Network, and simply choose from there. I've been going absolutely crazy on this, heh, and have seen about 3 different anime episodes so far.

And for the record, I live in Maryland, in case that matters.

EDIT: I talked to my friend about it, and aparently he's known for a while. *shakes fist at him* Unfortunately, he says that if too many people use the On Demand feature at once, it goes down, and they switch the epsidoes every few weeks. But other than that, it still sounds promising to me. ^.~ [/B][/QUOTE]

*hails Syk, worhips, sings, dances, bows down, etc*

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

*takes deep breath*

Very very thankful for those instructions, Syk3. I found the channel on my Comcast by going to the On Demand button and then choosing The Cutting Edge, etc. ^_^ Won't my mom be happy about this....:toothy: Now I must IM everyone and brag.

PS. I live in Georgia, so maybe that's why the ways of getting it were slightly different.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1]PS. I live in Georgia, so maybe that's why the ways of getting it were slightly different.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
There are different ways of opening it up, the channel 001 was just one way. Otherwise, you could press Menu, go down to On Demand, and go from there. :)

Since this thread is for all anime on TV, might as well post it here.

Geneon has [URL=http://www.pioneeranimation.com/news.php?id=67]announced[/URL] that the animè Heat Guy J will be airing on MTV either later this year or sometime 2004.

The insanity can begin...

...now.

The Meta Anime Review Project gave Heat Guy J some really good ratings. I haven't ever heard of it, personally, but you've managed to pique my interest.

Seems like MTV is catching onto the fact that anime (particularly shonen and action series) is a growing trend. Whether or not that's a good thing..... well, we'll see.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]Seems like MTV is catching onto the fact that anime (particularly shonen and action series) is a growing trend. Whether or not that's a good thing..... well, we'll see.

~Dagger~ [/B][/QUOTE]

Excellent. As long as there's more anime, I'm happy!

WAH!!! More shoujo! More shoujo! More Shoujo!

So has anyone noticed cn putting a new timing on the adult swim...

I don't mean the time has changed, but actually just that the time of the program has increased. (or so it seems.)

If you all notice, adult swim is still starting at the same time and is still playing the same stuff during their normal time... only now at the latest hours of the night, you can catch stuff like flcl. (at 2am my time which is 3 am est.)

How great is that, I mean, giving us tons of anime every night :D awesome!

The main reason I like it so much is because of all the nights where I watched the final show for adult swim and then had to watch popeye at 1 am even though I still had a 6 pack left. (rootbeer of course ;) )

So have you all noticed this or am I the only one?

btw, monkey orange, I agree, more anime is always great... but then again, I really, REALLY hate mtv, so this could be a problem.

Although did you guys catch the cn commercial for adult swim where they make fun of mtv... how great is that?! (I love it, damn those adult swim fellas sure are just like baseball players aren't they... either hit or miss and with the knocking on mtv, its a grand slam :D )

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]Kent AS is just looping itself now...It runs from 11 - 2 then goes and cycles it back again starting with family guy.

Its a nice idea because I work late hours and I always miss futurama/family guy and sometimes the show at 12...So this way you miss anything you can catch it later.

Im glad they brought back FLCL but not so crazy that they brought back kikaider...I know ive seen CB god knows how many times over but after getting used to it being there again its like replacing a masterpiece with a 5 year olds fingerpainting...

They could just make 1:30 CBs spot for all time personally...Id still keep watching it...[/color][/font][/b]