OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

Just so you know, almost [B]never[/B] trust TVTome. Each section for a show is run by different people who are wrong very often. It's been known since July that no new YYH were coming in August, so whoever said this was either guessing or going on a bad source.

-Cyber

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since CN and AS are getting new shows and such, does any body know what will replace FLCL, Blue Gender and Trigun when they are re-runed to death. I know Cowboy Bebop and Inuyasha will be returning but will any thing new be shown on AS or will another already run to death recycled show be aired to death again?.

I just checked my digital cable TV guide for today. It says today's episode of Yu Yu Hakusho will be "Surprised to be Dead". (the first episode) The Adult Swim line-up is:

11:00-11:30: Home Movies
11:30-12:00: Family Guy
12:00-12:30: FLCL
12:30-1:00: Blue Gender
1:00-1:30: Trigun
1:30-2:00: Cowboy Bebop

You can't link from files directly on your computer to message boards. You have to get the image hosted. A good free site I know of is [url]www.iownjoo.com[/url] . It's pretty good. Also, if you have something to add, just click the "Edit" button on your post instead of making another post. People frown upon it since it's a way some people get their post counts up. :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire [/i]
[B]I saw a promo on Toonami for a new anime called IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix. I've never heard of it, is it any good ??? [/B][/QUOTE]

Nobody knows. It's a new series created by Toonami for this years TIE (Toonami/Total Immension Event). It's basically four or five 5-minutes parts that air Monday-Friday begining in September.

-Cyber

I remember around a month ago Cartoon Network brought Inuyasha off of the air. I went on the internet to find out what happened and saw like 200 sites with people that were completely dissapointed. They were speaking their minds in ways I never thought could be expressed. I was mad, too. How could this network take off one of many great shows that actually get your imagination going? AAAAcccckkkkk! It is just not fair... :bawl: well, it was either a rumor or a promise that that crazy network knew they couldn't keep, but I heard that it would be coming back on either the 5th or 25th of August. The 5th, (which I heard of more out of the two,) has passed. I am nervous. Will it come onthe 25th? (Shoot, I can't stay up~! That's my first day of school!) Well, do any of you think it will come back? Well, this is in fate's hands. I'm going to go sulk now.
Oh, and if anyone wants to PM me I woul;d appreciate it. Being a newbie for 2 weeks isn't any fun if you don't get to know anyone.:)

yeah, inuyasha's comming back in exactly one week.
YAY, INUYASHA'S COMMING BACK IN A WEEK!!!!!!
(jumps up and down excitedly. trips over brother's gigantuan shoe. is a bit calmer, but is still hyper excited ^^; )

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lea2385 [/i]
[B]yeah, inuyasha's comming back in exactly one week.
YAY, INUYASHA'S COMMING BACK IN A WEEK!!!!!!
(jumps up and down excitedly. trips over brother's gigantuan shoe. is a bit calmer, but is still hyper excited ^^; ) [/B][/QUOTE] Yeah im so happy:)

dragonbz_3, I really adore your banner! Fluffy is a very nice character, that he is. I am also very fond of inuyasha :)
I shouldn't have started this thread, I messe up, hee! Anyways, to keep to the topic, do you think 'Yasha will be taking FLCL's time slot on adult swim? Anybody can answer this. I just need an answer, that I do! Hee!
Cocomi-chan.
P.S. I like your Avatar. Kurama is waaay cool...that he is!

they keep switching stuff around that it's giving me a head ache if ya know what i mean and yes [b]Cocomi Myojin[/b] Inuyasha is taking FLCL's place since it is such a short anime cause it only has 6 episodes. sorry to tell ya that though, but they can't keep showing it over and over and over again.It was good while it lasted though.man that show is hilarious.hehe!!!

Oh YAY, i can't wait until Inuyasha comes on again.*yells out the window" ya man this rules,PARTY!"*oops. i guess better be quiet or else i'll probably wake up the neighbors.haha! that would be funny though.

oh ya, back to what i was talking about.I can't wait until Monday.I'm mgoing to miss FLCL, but at least Iuyasha is coming back.thats definetly a plus though.The new episodes for Inuyasha are going to be even a lot more funny than the last ones, i just know it.Well, i guess all the episodes had at least some funny parts in them to begin with. :)

Hey,
I was watching SVES tonight and it showed commercials for these 2 new anime's that are coming to cartoon network.

One has all of these tiny gundams that look odd (more like a funny sort of gundam series) and the other one is a sves only show and its about these people who are dueling for this armor or something.
They sound intresting to say the least.

EDIT: I just remembered the name for the one with the armor. It's called knight's of the zodiac.

Ok im not sure if this was true....nor do i even really watch DBZ anymore, but i stumbled upon this information about these movie being shown on cartoon network.

DBZ Movies on Toonami
Posted by: Jon - Sunday, August 24, 2003 @ 12:03 AM ET
DBZ full length feature films are coming to Toonami every Friday in September. It should be playing at 6 pm EST. The schedule is as follows:

September 5: Bardock: The Father of Goku
September 12: The History of Trunks
September 19: Cooler's Revenge
September 26: The Return of Cooler

Whether or not people will be interested in watching any of these movies is beyond me. I will highly recommend watching the Bardock movie out of all of these movies that are supposedly supposed to be shown. It helps a lot from what happen with the Frieza saga. Alright well enjoy.

P.S. Also some more info that i found on this website (hope its not advertising but i want to give them credit i found all this information on [url]http://www.dbzn.net/[/url] ) was that they will be airing new Dragonball episodes starting in Sept. I actually liked Dragonball and its the only episodes that i have not seen yet so im going to give that a shot and start watching them.

[size=1]

[b] From [i]Animation Insider[/i][/b]

-[i]Cartoon Network officially announced today IGPX, confirming our previous report. However, the network has clarified that IGPX is not a new series, but in fact, a "new total immersion event." On Monday, September 15, the network will air Toonami: Immortal Grand Prix (IGPX). Airing daily September 15-19 during Toonami (5-7 p.m.), Cartoon Network's action-adventure programming block, IGPX will feature a new 5-minute episode each day. Produced by Cartoon Network and Production IG, the well-known Japanese production studio that created Ghost in the Shell the story of the 12th Immortal Grand Prix concludes on Friday, September 19. Throughout the week, Toonami fans will be able to go online to watch episodes and play the new IGPX game, which incorporates characters from the on-air story.

It is the year 2035. Team Suzaku and Team Sledge Mamma are preparing to meet in the final round of the 12th Immortal Grand Prix (IGPX). Takeshi leads Team Suzaku, which is made-up of a group of young amateur pilots who must make the most of their limited funds and weaponry in order to prepare for the competition designed for professionals. Team Sledge Mamma consists of three professional, cybernetic opponents who are known to be merciless and have remained undefeated throughout this year's competition.

Each IGPX battle matches two teams with 3 Mechs, high tech fighting machines. Utilizing any form of weaponry within the regulated weight limit, the pilots of these fighting machines must defeat all of the Mechs belonging to the opposition. The pilots are protected from injury during battle in a Hide Shell. Once a Mech is significantly damaged during competition, the Hide Shell is ejected. After achieving 12 victories in previous rounds, two teams advance to the championship competition.

Cartoon Network.com will unveil an all-new IGPX game to coincide with the on-air event. Sponsored by PlayStation: Jak II, IGPX is a tactical fighting game that places fans in the driver's seat of a team of three IGPX mobile fighters. After successfully defeating one of the IGPX teams, registrants will receive either a Team Suzaku or Team Sledge Mamma Orbit cRing. [/i]

I've seen short previews for it on CN, and they only thing I can really say about it is that I think the animation quality looks great. ^_^;;[/size]

Well I just read up on some good news. On animenewsnetwork.com it says that beginning October 5th AS Sunday will be a full 6 hours long. Well they'll show the usual run then re-air in an encore presentation. Also beginning October 20th FLCL will begin airing again wich is by far the best news.

Got the October CN schedule, so here it is:

Big O II:
October 12th - #24 - The Big Fight
October 19th - #25 - The War of Paradigm City
October 26th - #26 - The Show Must Go On

DRAGONBALL
-------------
Continuing new episodes all through October.

SD GUNDAM
-------------
October 6th: Final Battle, Thel Commander vs. Captain
[The second set of 26 episodes of SD Gundam haven't been contracted by CN yet]

HAMTARO
----------
October 21st - Ham Ham Halloween

KNIGHTS OF THE ZODIAC
--------------
October 11th - Theft of the Gold Cloth
October 18th - Battle For the Gold Cloth
October 25th - The Black Knights Appear
November 1st - Dragon In The Graveyard Of Knights

RUROUNI KENSHIN
--------------
October 11th - The Juppongatana Who Remain
October 18th - Kyoto, the Engraved Memory
October 25th - The Legend of the Fireflies

ZOIDS FUZORS
--------------
October 4th - Knockover On Planet Zi
October 11th - 1 Plus 1 Equals ?
October 18th - Like a Thunderbolt
October 25th - Fuzors Combine! Liger Zero Phoenix
November 1st - Matt the Kid

Thanks to Matt Wilson from [URL=http://www.toonzone.net]Toon Zone[/URL] for the heads up.
-Cyber

Well, my patience and joy with and for cn is growing and fading.

Im getting tired of cn using great shows as marketing tools to bring viewers from one spot to another. (*like with kenshin now on saturdays.)

Im also loving the fact that over the last 6 months or so we have seen cn bring flcl, igpx, gundam sd, and maybe even a few others that Im not mentioning.

I haven't seen igpx, nor gundam sd... regardless of what you guys may think of those shows, Im gonna give them a chance.

Im also glad to see more inu yasha back on and of course I was happy to see kenshin continue. (even in its new and horrible spot)

I think the only thing I really want to see is the fight between yuske and tugaro. (sp?)

For the time being, Im still watching cn, but as usual, its the usual trade between hating cn and loving them.