OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

I've heard that although Yu Yu Hakusho is going to be re-starting, Cartoon Network plans to run all 112 episodes. This information has been posted on several official websites, so I can only assume it's true. As a big YYH fan, I'm [i]incredibly[/i] happy--no matter how much they censor the later episodes, and no matter how many times they've already showed re-runs of the earlier ones, it'll all be worth it if I can finally see the show in its entirety.

~Dagger~

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote][i]originally posted by inferno[/i]
darn you australia you have an awsome line up do you know if usa will have the same line up in the future on adult swim[/quote]It seems hardly likely for USA to follow in the footsteps of Australia. Usually it's the other way around.

You have to remember that while we may get some shows which may differ and sound interesting to yours, we also miss out on titles like FLCL, Inuyasha and .Hack//Sign (only on DVD). I know many of these may not be airing at the moment, but they have in the past.

Yeah, they do ring a bell. But I'm not sure that's what I was thinking; I distinctly remember when they had at least one day when they showed nothing but anime, because I remember my mom wouldn't let us watch it. And when it was on, it was more than DBZ and Gundam Wing (although those were in it too). Thanks though.

From what I know, Tenchi isn't coming back. The license ran out. Same for GW. Cardcaptors (the dub) I heard was not very good at all. They cut episodes out completely, they didn't voice it well, and they actually changed elements of the storyline. I heard it was very good originaly though; that's on my list of animes to see.

I can't wait till Febuary! :)

There is nothing much coming in for January and Febuary. Adult Swim is getting Lupin back. SVES will be premiering Transformers: Energon. Toonami will have YYH back in January, and new episodes starting in April and GT and Zoids: Fuzors will continue debuting episodes.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar69 [/i]
[B]From what I know, Tenchi isn't coming back. The license ran out. Same for GW. Cardcaptors (the dub) I heard was not very good at all. They cut episodes out completely, they didn't voice it well, and they actually changed elements of the storyline. I heard it was very good originaly though; that's on my list of animes to see. [/B][/QUOTE]

They also lost the rights to Mobile Suit Gundam and Outlaw Star.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyber E. [/i]
[B They also lost the rights to Mobile Suit Gundam and Outlaw Star. [/B][/QUOTE]

From what I've heard they lost the rights to not only those but ones like Pilot Candidate, Sailor Moon, Gundam 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080, and Gundam 0083. But that just may have been talk, don't know for sure like TM ond OS.

Ok I knew Lupin was going to be coming back to AS and they'll be showing the 26 episodes they first shown, but will they be airing any new episodes??
They need to , all these months without any new ones must have given them time to dub some more.

Sigh... Outlaw Star used to be my favorite show. Hence my board name, email address and multiple screen names :p . I read from more than one site that the creator of OS is seriously planning on making one or two OVAs, sometime next year. *still has hopes, however small, that rumours of Witch Hunter Robin, Ghost in the Shell, and Inuyasha are coming in February are true* . When is Lupin coming back? I never thought of taping it the first time around, but I read a review for the movie which I won't list because I can't spell it. It looks good, so I'm looking into it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire [/i]
[B]From what I've heard they lost the rights to not only those but ones like Pilot Candidate, Sailor Moon, Gundam 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080, and Gundam 0083. But that just may have been talk, don't know for sure like TM ond OS.[/B][/QUOTE]

While I am not sure on Pilot Candidate nor Sailor Moon, its definite they have lost the rights to all of the Gundam series' except for G-Gundam and Superior Defender.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire [/i]
[B]Ok I knew Lupin was going to be coming back to AS and they'll be showing the 26 episodes they first shown, but will they be airing any new episodes??
They need to , all these months without any new ones must have given them time to dub some more. [/B][/QUOTE]

Lupin was doing very bad in ratings mostly due to the times it was airing and the old animation putting off many of the younger viewers (while the demograph is ages 18-34, many shows such as Yu Yu Hakusho and InuYasha get teen and even children viewers) so it was taken off for a while. The odds of new episodes are better now that they have put it back on the air, but for now its just reruns.

News has just come in. WITCH HUNTER ROBIN has been confirmed to begin airing at 12:00 AM e.s.t. beginning February 16th, '04.

EDIT: SVES-wise, KotZ is MIA while new episodes of TRANSFORMERS: ENERGON and CYBORG 009 will be premiering throughout the month. Toonami isn't getting much except a new anime called DUEL MASTERS, which can be considered a YU-GI-OH! ripoff to some. Its based off the card game/comic book from Wizards of the Coast and Dreamwave Productions.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CrH [/i]
[B]In Australia as far as I know Cartoon Network has never played Sailor Moon. Thy have always been aired on Fox Kids, which plays a lot of other anime as well. [/B][/QUOTE]

actually it did when toonami first started along with Outlaw Star and Gundam Wing, then they relized not many girls watched tv and took it off along with outlaw Star, parents were complaining.

and dragon rose the reason inuyasha has no new episodes is beacuse i don't think the 3rd and 4th seasons are translated into english yet, they are working on it. i can't wait till the movies come out this year! or rather next! *not the 1st of january yet.* well i heard they were comming out don't yell at me if its not.

InuYasha will have reruns at 12:00AM until Feb. 16th when Witch Hunter Robin debuts and takes its place. After that it will still be airing reruns, only at the 12:30AM spot (Big O replaces Bebop, and Bebop replaces Lupin to finish weeknights off.)

The next season of IY is going to be around 52 episodes and [I]EXPECTED[/I] for summer. However, due to pattern the past two years, personally I would say August. But don't quote me on that.

Guest Inuyasha7575
I was wondering when did CN first start showing Adult Swim I can't remember when I know when they first did they had those fat old people in the pool it was funny.

• 2 weeks later...
If any ones been to ANN , they've said they AS will be replacing the Saturday SVES programing, so AS is now 6 days a week. AS has also aquired rights to show The Animatrix and they had aquired 50 episodes of Detective Conan, which will premiere Monday April 5th. Wolf's Rain will premiere Saturday Aprill 24th, and 2 new episodes of Inuyasha on the same day.