OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

Well, though it's rather annoying, you can't complain really. I mean, this is getting younger kids into anime, correct? Toonami isn't meant for older kids such as ourselves, so they take the good animes (or some of the good ones) and make them appropriate for children. Though I do agree with you.. it's really freakin annoying.

Speaking of witch, why don't they show the cool ones like Blue Submarine Number Six and Outlaw Star anymore? Even if they did edit them into oblivion.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest gendou ikari
Speaking of witch, why don't they show the cool ones like Blue Submarine Number Six and Outlaw Star anymore? Even if they did edit them into oblivion.[/QUOTE]

It is because the characters and or plot where too complex for the viewers.Thats my guess,but they shoudve kept them on regardless.Besides youngins dont pay attention to those things.

[QUOTE]Speaking of witch, why don't they show the cool ones like Blue Submarine Number Six and Outlaw Star anymore? Even if they did edit them into oblivion[/QUOTE]
Well there's a reason for that. The contract rights to air them have expired.
Tenchi Muyo, Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, Blue Dub 6, Pilot Candidate, and all of the Gundam series they've aired except SD Gundam, they all can no longer be aired cause their contracts expired. Don't know if they could have any of the contracts re-newed but doubt they will do that.

OK. Now since the new Saturday Toonami has aired it's first run with Gundam Seed, I'd say they did an ok job, for the first episode. Even though I knew they would cut out all the languange, blood, shootins, and fan service, I was surprised they left a little in.
They left in nearly all the people getting shot, and even though most of the blood was removed in a few quick scenes you could see blood spray. Even the fan service, even though it was mostly edited out ( which the first couple episodes really doesn't have a whole lot ) there was a few quick scenes where there was a quick " breast jiggle" that was left. I'd say they left it at least 90% intact. But, I suspect there will be a lot more edited out as the show progresses.

For those of you that missed most of Toonami on Saturday, I'm putting up the schedule so you can know what you missed and times.[COLOR=DarkRed]Note: All times are in Eastern/Paciffic.[/COLOR]At least, what it is now.I'm not sure if they'll change it during the first week of May. Here you go! :D

7:00 - Duel Masters

7:30 - Movie of the Week:

- Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug*

8:00 - 9:30 - Jackie Chan

9:30 - Yu Yu Hakusho

10:00 - Dragon Ball GT

10:30 - Gundam Seed

*: When it's May 2 & 3, the movies will start at 7:00 and end at 9:00.

I'm not real sure if it's a typo on both of them, since those shows are on Sunday [2nd] and Monday [3rd].What do you think?

~*dragonrose*~

[quote name='morpheus13']i have heard a rumor on the internet that YYH is coming back the first of may with new episodes and i was wondering if anybody knows if this is true[/quote]

Not likely. I checked the shcedule and I didn't see anything for May 1st. Also, as usual, they will start from ep. 1. Bye!

~*dragonrose*~

[color=darkviolet] redo-edit on the Horsewoman!

11:00/10:00 CT- Futurama

11:30/10:30 CT- Family Guy

12:00/11:00 CT-Aqua Teen Hunger Force

12:30/11:30 CT-InuYasha

1:00/12:00 CT-Outlaw Star

1:30/12:30 CT-Trigun

Then everything gets played again from 2:00/1:00 to 4:00/3:00 CT

I feel so cool what I can find out with a digital cable remote and some boredum.[/color]

[quote name='inu cabbit']:D :love: I LOVE ADULT SWIM :D :love:[/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]And you know what I love? People who read the rules and have good post quality!

From now on, I hope you put more thoughts and efforts into your posts because this is SPAM. And Spam is deleted.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='morpheus13']i have heard a rumor on the internet that YYH is coming back the first of may with new episodes and i was wondering if anybody knows if this is true[/quote]
Well, I'm not sure if this confirms it but, yes new episodes of YYH start tonight at 9:30 pm sharp!Yay! [About time too.] Also, there is suposed to be a new line-up, but I'll edit this post and put it up later.

~*dragonrose*~

[QUOTE=KitsuneTsuki]Okay. I've been watching Adult Swim on Saturday nights. What is the basic plot of FLCL? I have watched a few episodes, but haven't gotten much out of it. I will admit it's left me quite puzzled.

Sumimasen, y'all![/QUOTE][COLOR=#503F86]There's a very large FLCL thread [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=28691]here[/URL], where you can find out lots about said series. This isn't realy the right place to ask about a particular anime series- this is about scheduling, primarily. If you want to discuss an anime, run a search of the forum to see if there's a thread already started about it and continue discussion there.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86]There's a very large FLCL thread [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=28691]here[/URL'], where you can find out lots about said series. This isn't realy the right place to ask about a particular anime series- this is about scheduling, primarily. If you want to discuss an anime, run a search of the forum to see if there's a thread already started about it and continue discussion there.[/COLOR][/quote]

Thank you. I tried searching last night, but was way too tired to be sure of what I was actually seeing. I'll go check out that thread.

[COLOR=Navy]Before you run a search, it's a good idea to check the Directory. That should save you a bit of time. ^_^ Anyway, this type of post is best saved for PM, since it doesn't have much to do with the actual topic of the thread.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

I hope this hasn't been posted before, but: [quote=Animation Insider Magizine]FUNimation Acquires 'Fullmetal Alchemist' Series Rights
In conjunction with a great E3 event involving Square Enix and Aniplex, FUNimation Productions, Ltd., one of the nation's leading brand management and home video entertainment companies, has announced the acquisition of the hot action property Fullmetal Alchemist.[/quote]
In other words, FUNimation is dubbing FMA and its coming to CN. I really have mixed thoughts about this after seeing the trailer at the official site, [url="http://www.fullmetalalchemist.com"]http://www.fullmetalalchemist.com[/url]

October 2004 it says at the end of the trailer, so I'm really looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Monkey_Orange][COLOR=DarkOrange]Alrighty ^^

This is just a friendly reminder to those interested, that [B]Rave Master[/B] will be premiering next coming Saturday, June 5th @ 830pm. Hopefully ^^;
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I was wondering which show's place would it take on the Saturday line up hopefully that Gundam Show I only liked one of them and could anyone tell me where I could information on what Rave Master's is about.

[quote name='rat224']ya i know that is so stuped i think they should put to good shows back on[/quote]

Welcome to OtakuBoards, rat. ^_^

Please read the Rules before posting again; there's nothing wrong with writing short replies, but you should at least attempt to use proper spelling and capitalization. Without those key elements, your post may be counted as spam and consequently deleted.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkOrange]Just a reminder that [B].Hack//Dusk: Legend of the Twilight Bracelet[/B] will pemiere on Cartoon Network this Saturday 1:00am [or Friday night ^^].

I was NOT a fan of [B].Hack//Sign[/B] [with the exception of the music] simply because the story it was SO slow & boring.

HOWEVER, I've heard good thing about this particular series so I'm gonna try it out.

Should be interesting. *^^*
[/COLOR]

Thanks for posting that piece of information, Monkey_Orange. Honestly, I have no idea what CN's decision-makers were thinking when they just decided to start airing Legend of the Twilight without any fanfare or advertising whatsoever. One would assume that they'd at least make a cursory attempt to capitalize on .hack//SIGN's sizeable fanbase.

~Dagger~

In extension to Monkey_Orange's post I have learned (via animenewsnetwork.com) that immediately after .Hack//DUSK there is a new episode of Cyborg 009. This is the second season that has been rumored to be on the way for a while.

I still cannot believe that CN did not advertise for either of these. Seems pointless to not tell people, then put them on latenight Fridays. What is CN thinking? :confused:

[quote name='Black_Phoenix'] What is CN thinking? :confused:[/quote]
Maybe they want to test the loyalty of anime fans or something.^_^ Anyways, here's the current schedule of Adult Swim for Saturdays:

11:00 p.m. Inuyasha - Tsubaki's Unrelenting Evil Spell
11:30 p.m. Wolf's Rain - Moon's Doom
12:00 a.m. Witch Hunter Robin - Stubborn Aesthetics
12:30 a.m. Big O - Legacy Of Amadeus, A
1:00 a.m. Cowboy Bebop - Jupiter Jazz -- Part 1
1:30 a.m. Trigun - Live Through

And then it does an encore of the same episodes, so I'm not even going to bother posting after 1:30. I noticed that they got rid of FLCL...more line-ups later. Bye!

~*dragonrose*~

[quote name='Black_Phoenix']What is CN thinking? :confused:[/quote]

The general consensus seems to be that they're furtively trying to find out whether or not action anime can attract a decent audience on Friday nights. Since--to my knowledge, at least--Adult Swim currently only plays Sunday-Thursday and Saturday, it's possible they could consider adding a block of anime to the Friday evening line-up (based on .hack//DUSK's and Cyborg 009's performance in the ratings).

*shrugs* Naturally, this is all wild speculation.

~Dagger~

wait, I couldn't watch CN last Sat., and what were the times for those? was it adult swim's entire line up? If so, what about WHR and Wolf's Rain? :eek:

------

What!!! they have //DUSK on CN? :eek:

[COLOR=Navy]Yes, they do. And from now on, please avoid double-posting like the plague. Merging replies is not my idea of fun. ;)

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Silent Shadows]wait, I couldn't watch CN last Sat., and what were the times for those? was it adult swim's entire line up? If so, what about WHR and Wolf's Rain? :eek:
[/QUOTE]
The schedule that I posted yesterday is the current one. The episodes listed there are the ones that are playing this Saturday. WHR takes FLCL's timeslot at 12:00 midnight, while Wolf's Rain is still at it's normal time slot at 11:30 pm. Like I said before, it does an encore of the exact episodes, exact order. so basically, it's like that schedule times two. :)

~*dragonrose*~

Quoted from Adult Swim's official site--

[i]We're happy to announce the premiere of two anime movies: InuYasha: The Love That Transcends Time at midnight on October 23 and Read or Die, airing at midnight on November 6.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex will now premiere November 6 at 11 p.m., followed by Fullmetal Alchemist at 11:30 p.m., pushing The Venture Brothers to 1 a.m. and Futurama to 1:30 a.m.[/i]

Holy crap, Read or Die is going to be shown on AS. If its twenty-six episode sequel (R.O.D the TV) also ends up joining the Saturday night line-up, my life will be [i]nearly[/i] complete. ;)

~Dagger~

Yay for you Dagger! Some of us aren't that lucky. The schedule has changed, and Wolf's Rain, Inuyasha, and WHR fans need to take notice. It goes into effect July 3. Here you go.

11:00 p.m. Futurama
11:30 p.m. Sealab 2021
11:45 p.m. Sealab 2021
12:00 a.m. Inuyasha
12:30 a.m. Wolf's Rain
1:00 a.m. Cowboy Bebop
1:30 a.m. Trigun

Take notice everyone, and a few people might have to change their VCR or DVR timer settings.^^

~*dragonrose*~