• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]

CN's ratings ARE going down. Less and less people are watching it for a few reasons. 1: Have to go to bed because of parents and school or work. 2: too tired to watch it on a weekday. 3: Shows suck. 4: It being on weekdays....there are many more reasons. And another one is because of Lupin the 3rd.[/B][/QUOTE]

Not true

January 27, 2003
The January debut of the Cartoon Network's Sunday to Thursday late night Adult Swim block (11pm to 2am) roared out of the blocks to score double and triple digit gains in ratings among its target demographic group in its first week. According to the network's press release, the block's performance was so strong that the Cartoon Network actually ranked number one among ad-supported cable skeins for delivery of males 18-34 during the Monday to Thursday 11pm to 2am time period. Ratings among adults from 18-34 jumped 67% compared with a year ago, while ratings for men 18-34 were up 100%.
Ratings for the new Adult Swim (see "Cartoon Network Adds 3 New Anime Series To Adult Swim" <[url]http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/2095.html[/url]>) are important for pop culture retailers because anime series make up two thirds of the block, though not all the shows in the block are from Japan (Futurama has done very well). But the performance of the four anime series in the block, Lupin III, Inu-Yasha, Yu-Yu Hakusho, and Cowboy Bebop, has also been very strong and with manga (Yu-Yu is in Shonen Jump) and DVDs available for all four series (along with toys and a variety of other merchandise), the success of the Adult Swim is good news for pop culture retailers who deal in anime and manga.

Checky out.........

In a shocking announcement, Cartoon Network distributed a press release for Toonami's "Giant Robot Week." This week-long special will include several ADV-licensed shows, including Dai-Guard , Robotech , Martian Successor Nadesico , and Neon Genesis Evangelion .

Monday, Feb 24th

4:00 PM - Nadesico
4:30 PM - Neon Genesis Evangelion

Tuesday, Feb 25th

4:30 PM - Neon Genesis Evangelion

Wednesday, Feb 26th

4:30 PM - Robotech

Thursday, Feb 27th

4:00 PM - Dai-Guard

Friday, Feb 28th

4:00 PM - Dai-Guard

From the press release:

Giant Robot Week Takes Over Toonami Showcase of Animé Featuring Giant Robots Begins Monday, Feb. 24 from 4-5 p.m. (ET, PT)

It's a battle of giant metal machines during Toonami's first Giant Robot Week, Monday, Feb. 24 - Friday, Feb. 28 from 4-5 p.m. (ET, PT) each day. The weeklong special event presents some of the best action/animé series ever created starring huge fighting machines. Giant Robot Week comes to a smashing conclusion with a special presentation of the acclaimed animated feature The Iron Giant on Friday, Feb. 28, at 8 p.m. (ET, PT).

"Giant robot" series have been a staple of animé since its beginnings, and Cartoon Network pulled out all of the stops in search of the best examples of this genre ever with series such as Dai-Guard and Nadesico , which have never before been seen on TV in the U.S., as well as Evangelion and Robotech . Giant Robot Week also will include segments from the classic series Gigantor along with Cartoon Network's first original "giant robot" short, Lowbrow.

Evangelion - A deadly war is waged between the mysterious aliens, the Angels and mankind's last hope, the Evangelions. The giant bio-mechanical Evangelions are the only forces that can withstand the Angels' defense fields long enough to attack the massive invaders. (Monday, Feb. 24 and Tuesday, Feb. 25, at 4:30 p.m. (ET, PT))

Dai-Guard - Giant invaders have attacked the earth and the only force strong enough to defend the planet is a giant robot, Dai-Guard . The only problem is that the robot is defective. A young team of workers must stop the aliens, while concealing the defects in their robot. (Thursday, Feb. 27 and Friday, Feb. 28, at 4 p.m. (ET, PT))

Nadesico - The planet is under attack and the space fleets are powerless to stop the invasion. An inexperienced crew consisting of a cook, the General's ditsy daughter, geeks and misfits are sent into space to save Earth. (Monday, Feb. 24 - Wednesday, Feb. 26, at 4 p.m. (ET, PT))

Robotech - Robotech Defense Force, led by Captain Glova and his cadets, is the only hope for survival after giant alien spaceships invade Earth. (Wednesday, Feb. 26 - Friday, Feb. 28, at 4:30 p.m. (ET, PT))

"Our goal at Toonami is to bring the finest action cartoons out there to our fans, and there's no doubt we love 'giant robot' shows," said Sean Akins , Toonami Creative Director. "When we first started talking about Giant Robot Week, these are the series that popped into our heads. This will be an incredible week for our viewers."

And this info is from very reliable sources.

[size=1]This should be excellent news for anime fans, the people who have obsessed with DBZ for the past 4 years will get a chance to see some of the better shows out there. The average CN viewer will become more educated because these new addition to the CN schedule, which is great.

There is no problem with Eva or Nadiesco becoming mainstream, it is greedy to think that only "hardcore" fans deserve to see such great series such as Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Eva, etc.

-Shy[/size]

Yea, I agree with shyguy.

Bringing shows like eva to cn is a good idea because, for one, it will reduce the number of dbz fanatics that people are always complaining about.

It just might also reduce the number of "otakus" who think themselves to be special or above other fans simply because they have seen shows like eva.

I always have to say this stuff, but "something is better than nothing" flat out.

I also just love to see how many people try and act hardcore with their bashing of cn. The truth is, a really hardcore anime wants one thing, for anime to become more popular and for him/herself to get their hands on more and more anime.

With whinning and complaining about cn bringing us all anime that was previously unavailible not only will some people get to see some new stuff, but the rest of us will get to have free access to shows that would have before taken us hours of downloading or a bunch of money to buy dvds.

I think its great that people are making anime a bit more main stream and as long as people are bashing cn for doing that I will be getting a kick out of it. Those fools are always the silliest.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]Yea, I agree with shyguy.

Bringing shows like eva to cn is a good idea because, for one, it will reduce the number of dbz fanatics that people are always complaining about.

It just might also reduce the number of "otakus" who think themselves to be special or above other fans simply because they have seen shows like eva.

I always have to say this stuff, but "something is better than nothing" flat out.

I also just love to see how many people try and act hardcore with their bashing of cn. The truth is, a really hardcore anime wants one thing, for anime to become more popular and for him/herself to get their hands on more and more anime.

With whinning and complaining about cn bringing us all anime that was previously unavailible not only will some people get to see some new stuff, but the rest of us will get to have free access to shows that would have before taken us hours of downloading or a bunch of money to buy dvds.

I think its great that people are making anime a bit more main stream and as long as people are bashing cn for doing that I will be getting a kick out of it. Those fools are always the silliest. [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes yes, and I always get a kick out of you always fighting with the CN bashing members. It's a battle that will never be won. Everyone has their own opinions, and they're entitled to express them. By fighting repeatedly with those people and their opinions, it only encourages people to express those opinions even stronger. It's pointless bickering that will never stop unless someone interferes. >.>

I find it interesting Eva and Nadesico will finally make a network appearance. Eva being one of the most talked about anime... I'm curious to see how the mainstream public receives it. I really have no side on the whole "CN bashing" thing. I don't like all the fans that suddenly pop up, thinking themselves of great knowledge, but I don't like people who bash every fan who can't speak or read japanese, and happen to see it on CN, either. So I say take it as it is. U.U

Guest Imsirion
By the way, even though Inu Yasha is going to go, it will come back. Their running out of dubbed epps so their going to take a break to dub some more.

Finally, my friend will get to see Evangelion! I've tried to show her the shows that I have on my computer but she refused and decided to take my mouse and click on Gundam Wing... But I hope CN doesn't dub Evangelion too badly, I don't think the show would be good if some of the explicit stuff was cut out. I can't help thinking though, since Neon Genesis Evangelion deals a lot of psychological themes, maybe some viewers won't understand it, making them assume that it's a bad anime. I think if CN does keep on playing any of these shows if the "Giant Robot Week" is a hit, Evangelion should be placed in Adult Swim. Just my opinion, though.

Man, please tell me that I'm seein things here! Alright, I just looked at the Cartoon Network Schedule beginnin on March 3rd, and check out this schedule....
-------------------------------------------------
[I][U][B]Toonami Weeday Schedule[/B] [/U] [/I]
5:00pm: Transformers Armada
5:30pm: G Gundam
6:00pm: [b]YU YU HAKUSHO[/b]!!
6:30pm: Dragonball Z

[I][U][B]Adult Swim Schedule[/B] [/U] [/I]
[SIZE=1](Note: This Schedule doesnt take effect until March 10th)[/SIZE]
Midnight: InuYasha
12:30am: Cowboy Bebop
1:00am: Reign
1:30am: Lupin 3

Want your own proof? Go to [url]http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=GO&theDate=3/3/03&timeZone=EST[/url] to view the schedule beginnin March 3rd, and go to [url]http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=GO&theDate=3/10/03&timeZone=EST[/url] to view the schedule beginnin March 10th.

-------------------------------------------------

Well, I guess you've noticed that Toonami has been cut BACK down to 2 hours. At 4:00pm they'll be showin Johnny Bravo and at 4:30pm it'll be Powerpuff Girls. *shudders* Anyway, onto the true subject at hand.

Okay, good, InuYasha's comin back. BUT, Cowboy Bebop is stayin on while Yu Yu Hakusho has been bumped down to Toonami. So this makes me wonder, how in the world are they gonna do that? Yu Yu Hakusho has a little bit of cussin in it, and you know how Toonami is with shows that have cussin in it. So are they re-editin that thing or what? Oh, and so you know, it'll be yet another set of Yu Yu Hakusho reruns, so dont get your hopes up for new eps just yet.

Also, unfortunatly they're taken Dragonball off of the regular schedule. But the final season of DBZ finally comes on March 10th, so thats some good news for us DBZ fans.

And another thing, it looks like the little petition worked InuYasha is comin back on...but Cowboy Bebop will run yet ANOTHER set of reruns. I guess it must be manditory for them to keep Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim(since it was the anime that pretty much began it all.). Oh well, I'm almost finished recordin every episode, so after this thing goes off this time around, I wont be watchin it anymore(since I'll have em all on tape).

Well, I guess thats pretty much all yall need to know, so lets let the complainin about the new schedule begin. :D (eh, I'm just sayin that because I know its gonna happen.)

Oh, and one more thing. The Saturday schedule doesnt look like it changed much. Just .hack//SIGN will be on at midnight every Saturday. No other major changes.

[color=red]Yar, I noticed this yesterday but didn't have the chance to post it. Here's the line-up...

Current Schedule, as of February 10th:
11-->Futurama
11:30-->Home Movies
12-->Reign: The Conqueror
12:30-->Lupin the 3rd
1-->Yu Yu Hakusho
1:30-->Cowboy Bebop

March 3rd-7th-->
6-->Yu Yu Hakusho
11-->Futurama
12-->Reign: The Conquror
12:30-->Lupin the Third
1-->Lupin the Third
1:30-->Cowboy Bebop

as of March 10th-->
6-->Yu Yu Hakusho
11-->Futurama
12-->Inuyasha (picks up where it left off with "Down The Rabbit Hole and Back Again")
12:30-->Cowboy Bebop
1-->Reign: The Conqueror
1:30-->Lupin the Third

--Chris[/color]

I wanted to bring up reign...

It was brought up in the inu yasha thread and someone said something about alexander the great and his exploits.

I believe that if a true history scholar had made "reign" instead of a fella who was looking for a story to make a show about. (ran out of ideas when aeon flux failed)

I believe the conquest of alexander the great could easily be amazing.

The innovations of his father and the large scale battles of his military campaigns could easily serve as a back drop for a fictional story based on hitstorical facts.

Oh well, I guess we will never get anything the exact way the average otaku board member wants... ehhh, who would expect that anyway.

I must say that my deepest fears of this show have been confirmed.

The historic inaccuracy can be over looked by others but not by myself.
I have had a love for history even before my love of anime.

Only one point need be made in this thread and post...

The sturrup... This invention was brought up in a recent thread about tech advances and oddly, it comes up again now.

The sturrup was invented in the middle ages.

Alexander the Great lived long before the middle ages and infact lived before common era.

Side note I have just thought of: does anyone know what b.c. and a.d. stand for?

They just might not be what you think.

Please answer soon, Im dying to tell.

Guest Imsirion
Reign is........ weird
:drunk: <---- Reign
The animation is..... well, I hate it.
Not to intrested in the story and its......
just not appealing to me.
Does anyone know if it was co created in Korea. Some anime are and in the credits, It said something about Tokyo and Seoul. (sp?)

p.s. Whats with all these tall,skinny men in thongs and jock straps?..... o.O

[B]Side note I have just thought of: does anyone know what b.c. and a.d. stand for?[/B][/QUOTE]

BC = Before Christ
AD = Anomo Domini or somethin like that. I think its supposed to be greek or somethin. I cant remember. Or you could just say "After Death". If I'm not mistaken, I think it pretty much means the same thing.

As far as Reign goes though....well, before I saw commercials about it, I thought it was gonna be pretty good(because I thought it was supposed to be an anime.) But then, once I saw the commercial and saw the animation for it, that pretty much turned me off and I didnt care if I got to see a single episode or not. Well, when Reign comes on, I'm still at work anyway, so its all good. I dont even have to worry about watchin it. :D

Well thats sweet jinzouningin-17, good job, although Im not sure about the after death thing... I think it actually mean one of two other possibilities... either "year of the lord" or "1 donomination"

I dont know for sure besides the latin words of anomo or ano, domoni.(spelling in english is hard enough for me... forget latin.)

I also want to stress the view that jin-17 made about the animation of riegn.

Ive been watching just so I can have that under my belt for discussion reasons, plus I dont really care to watch much else that is on at the time.

But I did notice one historically correct thing... the phalanx.

Does anyone know what that is?

I will give the answer after you guys give it some guesses.

I also wanna stress a point that hasnt really been made, but this show is straight up perverted. True its not hentai or anything, but in alot of ways the themes and depictions of those themes are just as bad.

Guest Imsirion
hey,

According to Cartoon Network?s online programming schedule, Rurouni Kenshin will air weekdays at 6:30EST beginning March 17th. Although the online schedule has proven incorrect on occasion, it is very unlikely that a new acquisition would be posted unless broadcast plans had been secured, so viewers should expect to see Kenshin on television very soon.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red] A.D means after death. Jin is right. I'm not sure about the phalanx, but in Civ. III it is a type of defensive spearman. So it's something along the lines of that...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

No it does not. If it did, then when would he be alive? There isn't a time period in-between the two.

Anyway, Super Saturdays are going to be 7 hours as of March First.

7:00 p.m. Pokemon
7:30 p.m. Yu-Gi-Oh
8:00 p.m. He-Man
8:30 p.m. Transformers Armada
9:00 p.m. Pokemon
9:30 p.m. Yu-Gi-Oh
10:00 p.m. Justice League
10:30 p.m. Justice League
11:00 p.m. Dragon Ball
11:30 p.m. Zoids
12:00 a.m. .Hack//SIGN
12:30 a.m. Gundam 0080
1:00 a.m. GI Joe
1:30 a.m. Super Friends

Good news. ^_^

[url]http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=GO&theDate=3/1/03&timeZone=EST[/url]

cyko is right, he wouldnt be alive after a.d. with your logic.

If you go look it up in a dictionary, which I just did to see if my suspicions were right, it means, year of our lord.

Think about this, Jesus was allegedly born, and then a.d. starts.

The year of our lord is the year of his birth.

And actually mitch is right about the phalanx.

Created by phillip of macedonia,
The phalanx was a spear formation (defensive or offensive) that stacked men offset so that each spear could go through the space between the two men in front of him.

The space was designed to be wide enough for this to work with 3 lines of men using extremly long spears.

-I -I -I
--I -I -I
---I -I -I

The "I" represents the spear, and the "-" represents the man holding it.
That is the general pattern of the formation and it worked well for its time since no one had thought of something like it yet. (although it seems simple to the modern mind)

[B]cyko is right, he wouldnt be alive after a.d. with your logic.

If you go look it up in a dictionary, which I just did to see if my suspicions were right, it means, year of our lord.

Think about this, Jesus was allegedly born, and then a.d. starts.

The year of our lord is the year of his birth.

And actually mitch is right about the phalanx.

Created by phillip of macedonia,
The phalanx was a spear formation (defensive or offensive) that stacked men offset so that each spear could go through the space between the two men in front of him.

The space was designed to be wide enough for this to work with 3 lines of men using extremly long spears.

-I -I -I
--I -I -I
---I -I -I

The "I" represents the spear, and the "-" represents the man holding it.
That is the general pattern of the formation and it worked well for its time since no one had thought of something like it yet. (although it seems simple to the modern mind) [/B][/QUOTE]
Lol, let's try and keep this on topic. But for the sake of the current discussion, I believe that A.D. would be After Death, even though they include the years of his life. I wondered the same thing, but I suppose that those years of his life were so short that we disregard making it a seperate era. Then you have to ask yourself, should his life be part of B.C., or A.D.? Well, it seems that it has come to be known as A.D.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Imsirion [/i]
[B]hey,

According to Cartoon Network?s online programming schedule, Rurouni Kenshin will air weekdays at 6:30EST beginning March 17th. Although the online schedule has proven incorrect on occasion, it is very unlikely that a new acquisition would be posted unless broadcast plans had been secured, so viewers should expect to see Kenshin on television very soon. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, Kenshin is definetely coming to Toonami. [URL=http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67143]Here's an article on that.[/URL] It will be interesting to see how the editted and dubbed Kenshin will look like.

The only thing I can say is screw Cartoon Network.
They're going to ruin YYH by putting it on in the afternoons.
Has anyone ever watched an edited anime worse than DBZ?
They're going to cut YYH to CRAP!!
There will be a few lost eppies that will never be shown and the episodes will be unreasonabely short.
Cussing, fighting-(guresome), blood, gestures, sexual scenes (yusuke flipping keiko's skirt/grabbing her)....ALL of that will be gone and YYH will be some crappy kid show. I sware it.
All people that have been wanting to watch YYH will think it's the crappiest thing in the world when CN does this.
YYH will loose all of it's US fans, except for us loyal ones who have seen the uncut ones.

I sware, we should all go on strike and sue them or something!!!

I think the main reason that they're gonna put YYH on Toonami and cut about everything of the show is because they're tryin to force everyone to buy the DVD's(even though they KNOW that we cant afford it. Friggin money hungry idiots.). I for one hope that when they bring the new season, they'll put it back on Adult Swim and know that puttin it on Toonami isnt going to help it one bit. Maybe get the kids to watch it, but what about us older peeps that wanna see the blood, gore, cussin, etc. Ooooh well. I'll figure out a way to see the true eps of Yu Yu, because remember....there is always a way...to get what you cant afford. Always a way dawg![/Tommy from "Martin]. :D