Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements


Recommended Posts

Guest Watinabe
Posted
Vash! I am eager to see the cn version only becuase I have seen so few episodes and liked them so much I cant wait to see the whole series*^_^
  • Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
I actually have the dubbed version on DVD, and it is a great series. I can't say that I watched it all the way through in Japanense, but I'm sure it was pretty much the same thing, lol. Of course it's good, but I'm not sure how they are going to dub it for Adult Swim. Hopefully not a lot, but depending on how they do it, it may seem a bit different from the original. And for the record, I don't know who did the dubbing. o_O It was packaged onto a DVD by FX, though.

If you want to discuss more of Trigun, do so in the Trigun forum.
Posted
Now I am confused...

I just went to my dish listings for today to see the titles of the next kenshin and dbz...

However I also checked for tomorrow... tuesday.

There was nothing there.

I couldnt really figure it out.

Is there something special?

Is there any reason the entire toonami block was missing?

I sure hope so because showing only a few kenshins and stopping with dbz would piss me off greatly.

Maybe even enough to kill with a reverse bladed sword. :D

Could you guys give me a heads up on whats going on?

Oh yea, tonight trigun starts... should be good.

Talk to you guys as soon as I find out something or as soon as you guys respond with the deal...

Thanks.
Posted
[size=1]Tomorrow is April 1st. Cartoon Network is doing something special with it's line-up tomorrow, it has something to do with Monkeys, I think. The regular Toonami block of action cartoons will be back on Wednesday.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
Right on shy, thanks.

I was just thinking about that when I started to read your post.

I remember seeing all those odd commercials that made no sense about the network being run by monkeys...

oh yea, its april fools day. duh!

Alright, prelim. reports of trigun are showing that even in the "edited, dubbed, american crap, that I know everyone will diss on," the show is awesome.

Im at the commercial break and I can tell that the show has charactor that is only matched by some, and not anything near all.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]Now I am confused...

I just went to my dish listings for today to see the titles of the next kenshin and dbz...

However I also checked for tomorrow... tuesday.

There was nothing there.

I couldnt really figure it out.

Is there something special?

Is there any reason the entire toonami block was missing?

I sure hope so because showing only a few kenshins and stopping with dbz would piss me off greatly.

Maybe even enough to kill with a reverse bladed sword. :D

Could you guys give me a heads up on whats going on?

Oh yea, tonight trigun starts... should be good.

Talk to you guys as soon as I find out something or as soon as you guys respond with the deal...

Thanks. [/B][/QUOTE]
No, it's ok Gokents. CN is just doing an April Fool's Monkey show special for today. I have dish network, what about you?
I looked at my listings for tommorow, and everything for tommorow will be back to normal. DBZ and YYH is at it's normal time as well as the episodes that follow Monday's. I freaked at first too, but I saw that it was just some April Fool special.
Posted
[color=red][size=1][font=arial]I loved Trigun last night! The dub really impressed me, and Vash's voice perfectly suits the charachters dorky nature, IMO. The plot was great, and the humor in all the confusion was hilarious.

Can't wait for tonights ep!

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
Alright, I am so sure now...

Trigun is awesome...

I actually, just like inu yasha and kenshin, am falling in loving with the humor of the show and not the action.

Although, trigun is pretty sweet about the action when vash gets serious.

However, the bottom line is that I just love the humor of this show as well as the other two I just mentioned.

I am really impressed with cn now.

Dbz was a cn only thing on tv for the longest time... and now once again, cn is bringing us anime that no one else wants to risk airing.

With all its faults, I still say thank you to cn.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
First of all, I will say that trigun is a really cool show after all, mainly because of the humor, as gokents said. Not always the action. So, yeah, Cartoon Network did us a favor. Does it mean they're awesome? Not really. But they moved up in the world, for being daring. Uno problemo, however... do they have to show a gazillion episodes of DBZ and pokemon, and one episode of Gundam 0080 per week? The cruelty. Um, sorry if I offended any Pokemon or DBZ fans.
Posted
Well I doubt you offended anyone...

thing is... 0080 only has like 6, thats right, 6 episodes.

So they cant really show them all at once.

Otherwise, I think we agree on the rest of the stuff.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NfraRed [/i]
[B]First of all, I will say that trigun is a really cool show after all, mainly because of the humor, as gokents said. Not always the action. So, yeah, Cartoon Network did us a favor. Does it mean they're awesome? Not really. But they moved up in the world, for being daring. Uno problemo, however... do they have to show a gazillion episodes of DBZ and pokemon, and one episode of Gundam 0080 per week? The cruelty. Um, sorry if I offended any Pokemon or DBZ fans. [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, with Pokemon, it just takes up a normal cartoon, so you can choose whether or not you want to watch it. With DBZ, it's filling up a potential slot for more anime, but then, it's going to be off the air in a little bit anyway. In any case, Cartoon Network is a great source for someone who doesn't have enough to actually buy the anime.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NfraRed [/i]
[B]Cartoon Network is a great source. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=1][b]I agree with you, but they need to get more current anime on.[/b][/size][/color]
Posted
I completely agree too, I was just reinforcing the point gokents made. They could use a few updates. Oh, by the way, Psycho, what "Calvin" do you refer to?
Guest otajo_yao-25
Posted
Dbz is going off the air? *smile* Are they adding any new anime to cartoon network. They are a great source. Reply if u know?
Posted
I heard from Newtype magazine that CN is teaming up with the creaters of the Big O anime series, and making new episodes. They plan to expand beyond episode 13 and finish out the story that was written in the manga. I don't know about you, but I thought the Big O was a pretty good anime, and its good for them to finish out the series.
Posted
Big O , the 13 episode show!! Yeah it is about time they finished it.Still I don't get the whole , torn up earth livin ' in big dome things.
Posted
I was hoping they would show evangelion but the chances are pretty slim considering all the violence/sexual contents in evangelion -_-. Even Kenshin which I expected to be bloody had absolutely no blood in it. I was surprised because I saw the OVR in which Kenshin is still the battousai. Oh well... guess I could hope for evangelion to be included in adult swim.
Posted
I am not sure if it goes here but here it goes.In Trigun what was today's episode about? Was it a continue or did it start over? If it didn't I kinda missed the beggining and don't know what happened. Spoilers are welcomed. Thanks for anyone who answers this.
Posted
Ohh today's episode was basically a long flash back about Vash and his brother, Knives' past. Its before they came to the planet that modern day Vash is on, and illustrates the rift that comes between Vash and Knives. Also, Rem Saverem, that black-haired girl, is the reason Vash never kills, while Knives, on the other hand, vows to annihilate the human race from the planet.
Posted
Kenshin's real name is actually Shinta. His master, Sejuro Hiko, gave him the name Kenshin, because he thought Shinta wasn't a good name for a swordsman.
Himura is Kenshin's last name, its just that the Japanese usually put the family names first. (I think). :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...