OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

Oh this crap is going straight back to the old cn bashing that got me all upset in the first place with the fools in the first yu yu hakashu thread.

It was so long ago, a person I have made ammends with came out and said that a bunch of newbs were gonna pick up on yu yu like it was the new stuff that only they understood.

I think that cn is a cable channel who has 2 jobs...
1. Bring cartoons to the watcher.
2. Obey the FCC.

I figure that no matter how bad they screw with yu yu, they will never be able to change the fact that even I, who has seen only the cartoon network stuff, knows it is a great show.

Change the subtitle translations all you want and in the end I will always give the same story as you.

Yuske is killed, he becomes spirit detective, he fights 3 demons, befriends 2 of them, fights 4 more, defeats them.... and then it ends because we havent gotten to go any further.

Sad thing is that I wouldnt have gotten this far if cn wasn't willing to edit and air this stuff.

If they didn't edit this show, it wouldnt be on air.

And be honest with yourself, would you really be the yu yu fan you are now if cn hadn't aired it so you could check it out.

I doubt it.

I think that a reality and humility check needs to be made.

If it is, then alot of cn bashers will realize that they are getting the chance to enjoy the animated beauties like yu yu and inu yasha (not to mention the up and coming giant robo week) with out paying or begging.

I owe cn for what they have given me, and I know enough to know its not polite to bite the hand that feeds you.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=#808080]And let's not forget that CN is a children's channel. Most of this content [i]must[/i] be edited.

However, if you had a 24 hour anime channel that included unedited works...well, that'd be different. CN isn't an anime channel. It's a general cartoon channel that throws a bit of anime in now and then.

People need to realize the nature of CN; you're lucky to be getting [i]any[/i] anime at all. So I think people should put up or shut up; I mean, really...it's the best you can get for now.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by blackgatomon [/i]
[B]I'll put this whole A.D. thing to rest. My Social Studies teacher told us that:
B.C. stands for 'Before Christ' and A.D. stands for anno Domini, which directly translates to 'The year of our Lord'.

I'm glad their bringing Inuyasha! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] Yeah, now that I looked it up via my googly friend. You are right. It is sometimes [i]incorrectly[/i] referred to as "After Death"...whatever that means. Incorrectly...hmm.

Oh well, as long as I can incorrectly refer to something, I will. :)[/color]

Anyone know anything about Giant Robot week. I was watching something the other day and a commerical came on and said something about Giant Robot Week I saw Clipa of Evagelion, and many others. I thought I saw Astro Boy but I could have been wrong. I don't much more than that, just wondering.

-OD

.:Edit:. Went to Toonami.com and they have big thing about it [URL=http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/toonami/promos/giantrobot_022003/index.html]here[/URL].

man I haven't been here in a WHILE!!!

but anyway I think robot week is comming up next week....if I'm not mistaken

Man I hope they have evangelion cause I'm gettig tired of havin to wait for Bubble gum crisis 2040 to come on fridays nights!!!

I need my anime fix duringthe weekdays to lol

Guest Imsirion
Yes, Evangelion is coming to "robot week". Like I posted earlier

In a shocking announcement, Cartoon Network distributed a press release for Toonami's "Giant Robot Week." This week-long special will include several ADV-licensed shows, including Dai-Guard Robotech ,Martian Successor Nadesico ,and Neon Genesis Evangelion .

Monday, Feb 24th

4:00 PM - Nadesico 4:30 PM - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tuesday, Feb 25th

4:00 PM - Nadesico 4:30 PM - Neon Genesis Evangelion

Wednesday, Feb 26th

4:00 PM - Nadesico
4:30 PM - Robotech
Thursday, Feb 27th

4:00 PM - Dai-Guard 4:30 PM - Robotech
Friday, Feb 28th

4:00 PM - Dai-Guard 4:30 PM - Robotech
From the press release:

Giant Robot Week Takes Over Toonami Showcase of Animé Featuring Giant Robots Begins Monday, Feb. 24 from 4-5 p.m. (ET, PT)

It's a battle of giant metal machines during Toonami's first Giant Robot Week, Monday, Feb. 24 - Friday, Feb. 28 from 4-5 p.m. (ET, PT) each day. The weeklong special event presents some of the best action/animé series ever created starring huge fighting machines. Giant Robot Week comes to a smashing conclusion with a special presentation of the acclaimed animated feature The Iron Giant on Friday, Feb. 28, at 8 p.m. (ET, PT).

"Giant robot" series have been a staple of animé since its beginnings, and Cartoon Network pulled out all of the stops in search of the best examples of this genre ever with series such as Dai-Guard and Nadesico, which have never before been seen on TV in the U.S., as well as Evangelion and Robotech . Giant Robot Week also will include segments from the classic series Gigantoid along with Cartoon Network's first original "giant robot" short, Lowbrow.

Evangelion - A deadly war is waged between the mysterious aliens, the Angels and mankind's last hope, the Evangelions. The giant bio-mechanical Evangelions are the only forces that can withstand the Angels' defense fields long enough to attack the massive invaders. (Monday, Feb. 24 and Tuesday, Feb. 25, at 4:30 p.m. (ET, PT))

Dai-Guard - Giant invaders have attacked the earth and the only force strong enough to defend the planet is a giant robot, Dai-Guard. The only problem is that the robot is defective. A young team of workers must stop the aliens, while concealing the defects in their robot. (Thursday, Feb. 27 and Friday, Feb. 28, at 4 p.m. (ET, PT))

Nadesico - The planet is under attack and the space fleets are powerless to stop the invasion. An inexperienced crew consisting of a cook, the General's ditsy daughter, geeks and misfits are sent into space to save Earth. (Monday, Feb. 24 - Wednesday, Feb. 26, at 4 p.m. (ET, PT))

Robotech - Robotech Defense Force, led by Captain Glova and his cadets, is the only hope for survival after giant alien spaceships invade Earth. (Wednesday, Feb. 26 - Friday, Feb. 28, at 4:30 p.m. (ET, PT))

"Our goal at Toonami is to bring the finest action cartoons out there to our fans, and there's no doubt we love 'giant robot' shows," said Sean Akins ,Toonami Creative Director. "When we first started talking about Giant Robot Week, these are the series that popped into our heads. This will be an incredible week for our viewers."

and....

At a news conference this morning, Cartoon Network announced the acquisition of Blue Gender, Kikaider, SD Gundam, and Big O season 2. A timetable for broadcast has not yet been announced, but the new anime series are expected to be on the network within several months. Source: Animation Insider

Alright, the first day of giant robot week is here, and nadesico has just played.

Hot damn!

I dont really care how bad anyone thinks the dialoge or voices were messed up, the show still rocked.

I'm sure it will be like that for most of these since the most Ive seen of nadesico and eva is tid-bits from the net and other various places that didnt let me really get into them.

I am glad cn is putting these shows on.

but I gotta say, I was really impressed with nadesico in the charactor department. Interactions and individuality are great in this show.

Its not all that great to be thrown into another planitary war... but I can deal with that in order to get an eye full of this stuff.

Im sure this topic is gonna blow up in about half an hour, and most likely I will back with a reply "post-eva."

Yeah, it's 3:40pm (central time) and I'm watching NGE. I think I finally understand why everyone bashes dubbing. This is just horrible. Evangelion is my favorite anime, so I think I'm personally offended right now. Otherwise, I'm glad more people will get to see it. Is it on only for this week?

I can't believe that I missed Nadesico. -__- I actually wanted to see that; I'm just glad that I can catch it tuesday and wednesday. It's good that I can watch it without having to pay for the whole series, or wait till someone brings it in anime club. ^_^

As for Evangelion, I started watching it just as it came on. I didn't pay [i]too[/i] much attention to it, but I did notice that the background music was a little off where it shouldn't of even have been playing music. I dunno, I just didn't like it.

CRAP!

I just missed the first half of nadesico and I am totally regreting it.

I need to be on point with this because they are only showing a tiny bit of each of these shows.

Like today is the last episode of eva they are showing.

I dont really know what Im feeling.

In one way Im pissed that they are giving me a tease like this. (hoe productions at its finest)

and in another way I am totally stoked that they are showing this stuff in the first place.

I guess I am just hoping they will show more of this stuff in the long run, and if you ask me, thats what this is about.

I think this is all just a testing to see how well these shows will do if they were to pick them up.

cn is slowly learning one thing... anime is good.

I also noticed yesterday that cn is bringing (forgive my lack of knowledge) that show about the wandering samurai named R something, kenshin. (sorry)

So that is gonna be awesome.

What do you guys think?

I can say I am really looking forward to this and I honestly believe eva will be coming back in time...

So from here on things just might be looking up.
---------------------------

Ok this is another edit before anyone is getting into this again... but who cares.

Heres the deal for us americans.

March 17th.

Kenshin and kid buu.

Buu at 5:30 est. and Kenshin at 6:30 est.

I hope you guys are looking forward to this as much as me...

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Law [/i]
[B]WHY.....WHY OH WHY DID THEY STOP EVANGELION!!!!!

THE NADESICO....DIAGUARD.....ALL OF UM....WHHHHHHHYYYYYY!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Because "Robot Week" only lasts a week.Don't worry, you never know CN might have those anime, but I highly doubt it.

I hope the can get Nadesico.I NEED to see that![/b]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=red][font=arial][size=1]Just to let you guys know, March 31st is scheduled to bring on more changes! Trigun will finally debut, but in order to fit it in, CN is dropping...Lupin III?! Yep, Reign is still going to air, which is a really bad choice IMO.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

Indeed, dropping lupin and keeping reign to make room for a good show is like...

Well, I cant come up with a good similie right now, but the point is, that is a stupid choice.

I mean, riegn is nothing worthy of air time imo, and lupin, although it isn't the greatest is a show that once again gives us an idea of where the cartoon/anime industry is coming from. (as well as showing a show that isn't all that bad)

So although I am glad trigun is coming to us, I am seriously dissapointed that they will be keeping riegn any longer.

They should actually think about removing riegn and putting up another show... maybe getting the rights to some more of those robo shows like nadesico or eva.

but hey, cn can never please us all, so I will take what I can get.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]So although I am glad trigun is coming to us, I am seriously dissapointed that they will be keeping riegn any longer.

They should actually think about removing riegn and putting up another show... maybe getting the rights to some more of those robo shows like nadesico or eva.[/B][/QUOTE]
Ahh, well, I'm glad that people will finally be able to see Trigun; it is a magnificent series.

As for the Lupin and Reign issue, I personally have no stand since I have seen neither, but I hear that Reign is not that good at all. But then, I also see pictures of Lupin and think, "What is [i]this[/i]?!" Eh, I know it shouldn't be based off anything like that, but that's all I know in the way of that series.

I don't think that we will be seeing a regular Evangelion air on Cartoon Network any time soon. Since ADV films is making the Anime Channel, Evangelion is supposed to air on it, and I doubt that they would let any other channel show it, keeping it exclusive. Sure, they may get the rights to show a preview, but the whole series won't be showing.

[color=red][size=1][font=arial]Someone once described Lupin III to me as Cowboy Bebop if it were done 10-15 years earlier. It's really not that bad, and it's waay better than Reign, though CN has had to axe at least one or two episodes.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

Well, the scheduals have deffinitly significantly changed, so let's see where we all stand. Below is the current Cartoon Network anime line-ups.

-----

[b]Moday through Thursday[/b]
Hamtaro -- 3:30 pm
G Gundam -- 5:00 pm
Dragonball Z -- 5:30 pm
Yu Yu Hakusho -- 6:00 pm
Rurouni Kenshin -- 6:30 pm
Reign: The Conqueror -- 12:00 am
Lupin the Third -- 12:30 am
Inuyasha -- 1:00 am
Cowboy Bebop -- 1:30 am

[b]Friday[/b]
Hamtaro -- 3:30 pm
G Gundam -- 5:00 pm
Dragonball Z -- 5:30 pm
Yu Yu Hakusho -- 6:00 pm
Rurouni Kenshin -- 6:30 pm

[b]Saturday[/b]
Pokemon -- 7:00 pm
Pokemon -- 9:00 pm
Yu-Gi-Oh -- 9:30 pm
Dragonball -- 11:00 pm
Zoids -- 11:30 pm
.hack//SIGN -- 12:00 pm
Gundam 0080 -- 12:30 pm

[b]Sunday[/b]
Hamtaro -- 6:00 pm

-----

In comparison to the original schedual, this one has actually decreased in anime. Strange, huh? Oh well, now everyone has a more modern one to go by.

Well, now it is getting really interesting...

Trigun.

Scheduled for March 31st... a monday.

I guess cn is getting the point.

We want everything they can give us and we want as much as possible.

I am looking forward to getting this stuff on tape, as I happen to record just about everything.

I will be back, but for now, we are just gonna have to wait and see how it turns out.

I sure am happy we have all these great shows like inu yasha and kenshin for me to record and "live off of."

Talk to you guys as soon as I hear some more.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]Oh boy, here comes Trigun...sorry to say gokents, but I never liked the series.
><; [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, just to tell ya Kent, you usually don't hear that statement made. It's a very funny and enjoyable series, and I think you'll like it very much. :) I know I did -- my second favorite anime series; before Evangelion, but after Cowboy Bebop.

Anyway, it's a good idea to tape some of the stuff you see on CN. You'll be able to watch it as many times as you want, and don't have to pay for like you would if you were anti-Toonami.