OtakuBoards

How did you find OtakuBoards?

Senor Ding Dong

[color=teal]My friend Russ (Break), used to paste me the link to otakuboards several times every conversation I had with him and in the end I went on the site, but it still was a blur as this is my first and only message boards. When Alex (Alexus_Bing) came over he sometimes went on the site and also convinced me to look at it and join. When it was explained to me on what to do I did, and here I am today. It's a lot funner than I imagined actually. :D :toothy:[/color]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll answer this one more time for the good time.

I was a senior in high school, it was a beautiful, sunny day in May. The birds were singing, little critters were running about, and it was a good time to be alive. While working on an art assignment in Commercial Art 02, I tried to gather DragbonBallZ pictures from theotaku.com.

But, for some reason or another, the site was down and I was forwarded to OtakuBoards. Once my friend and I completed our assignments, we needed something to keep us out of trouble (because the teacher was growing tired of all the pranks), so we each joined up.

I didn't know a thing about message boards and I didn't intend to stick around. So, I just made up my GWFPM name and put up some super crazy posts. After a while, I grew to like the place, so I stuck around. It it weren't for this place, I would just think of spam as canned meat.

The first time was somewhere in late 2000 (maybe 2001)... James showed me something on here, so I registered. I wound up leaving a month or so later.

James convinced me to come back again. I don't really remember how or why, but I came back and have stuck around since then.

[size=1] [b]

How did I find the Otakuboards, Let me think..

Ahh, now I remember. It was the spring of 2000, and I was going through the grocery stores magazine rack. In one of them, there was the web address [url]http://www.POKEcheats.com/.[/url] I went there a few times and looked around. I found it quite a good site, then I noticed there was a message forum, and decided to check it out. I went around for months, days ata time, just looking around, but not posting. I officially joined October 28th, 2000, and have been here ever since. I remember in a conversation just like this on the Otakuboards, I brought up how I found the site and Adam was in shock that it was in a local paper :p [/b] [/size]

[size=1]Hmm. Sure, I might as well write this for the fifth time this year...

I was looking for Digimon pictures and I came across the Otaku. From there I joined the message boards and began posting regularly. Two years later I am still here, Sunday was my anniversary.

-Shy[/size]

[font=arial][size=1]I was originally told about it by PiroMunkie, because he's a friend of mine, and told me how he is a mod. Then I checked it out, and signed up then disappeared for a while because of lack of time. I came back, and am here often. I should be a year that I've been here... I think in May. Lol. Ah well. I'm here. [/font][/size]

[color=indigo]I don't even remeber why I joined the boards. I think I wanted a question awnsered about an anime (maybe Trigun or Cowboy Bebop...). I remember that I lost my email confirmation, so I didn't post until almost two months after I joined. I guess I just tagged along with the boards ever since.[/color]

Guest The Mage Prince
I found OB by looking for DBZ stuff and come across theotaku.com and have been a big fan of the site for years, But never look at OB until i joined up and now i'm here just about evey day. This place is just the best!

:D

yeah you did. oh well. I was actually searching for dbz pics one day, and found our lovely home site, theotaku.com. Thus form thenon, I checked out the boards, and joinde up. I have been here for what, at least a year or therabouts right? During my stay, i have met some very inteesting people along the way, and made some great friendships, and then some. **points to siggie**:naughty:

Jeez this topic again....

It all started about......the year 2000-2001. I've been searching for cheat codes for Blue Version ( Don't ask ). Then suddenly the word [url]www.pokecheats.com[/url] came up. I visited the site, and I clicked on forums accidently. I joined and I've been a member since then.

i was searching for db/z/gt pics. back then if i saw a pic i liked, i would save it to my comp. i had like a gig of jpegs. i stumbled apon then Absolute DB/Z/GT. A little while later I signed up for the forums and stayed ever since.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
How many times is this topic going to be asked in one year, suprised none of the mods or admins closed this. *Start Flashback sequence* Well for hopefully the last time, I was brought to OtakuBoards mainly for the fact I was working with Adam on the now dead Anime Movies section. The day the section launched on Otaku I joined the boards to help out with anime insight and questions.

*End flashback sequence now*

[color=hotpink][size=1]The disgusting thing is, the majority of folks who found this board were looking for DBZ pictures. So, in that sense, does that mean that DBZ has done some sort of good in America? Only for the OtakuBoards, I think...[/color][/size]

I found OB while I was looking for some Gundam Wing specs, and then I saw a link of some sorts to a message board area or something to that extent, a confusing number of pop ups and my clicking on different things that were hopefully getting me to a message board system... and then.... VOLA!
I arived.

My sister told me that theotaku.com was a great source of Digimon information (this was back when it was maintained and updated regularly). On my visit there, I discovered that she was right! Then she told me about otakuboards. I realized that the message boards were a great way to get questions answered that I couldn't get answered anywhere else.

I enjoy the atmosphere here as well! Fun stuff!

I was introduced to TheOtaku by a friend, but didn't know it ad a board. Then, i was aol searching for Morums, and one said they had been asked to team up with OB, so i came back and found htis. I registered as, well, what do ya know? The Trainer...

Guest Fly-T
I'd say it was a couple of years back.......Back when I was alot more fascinated with Dragonball z and me and my friends were bringing in dbz pics. This one kid had the one ( I forgot who all was on it) were there were four faces one was krillin and they overlapped. There was a URL site at the bottom of the pic. I copied it down and thats how I found theotaku. I kept on seeing that otakuboards ad (when it had Bulma on it) and one day I just said "It wouldn't hurt to go". So I went, I was interested so I kept coming....

I found the otakuboards when i was searching on the net for anime stuff and i went to theotaku.com then i went to forums and there it was!!

I was looking for some Digimon info and came across theOtaku.com. Plus at the time, the old forum I used to go to was gone and I was looking for another and I noticed this place. Besides, I find this place better than the old forum I used to go to. It wasn't very organized compared to this place.

Guest Crimson Spider
A long long time ago... when the boards were young... I was searching for information about cheat codes and movesets on pokemon. Next thing I knew, I was here at midnight reading ALL the topics. I signed up many years later.

Man i cant believe how many times i have answered this question... since i have been here.

I joined at Version 2. I was actualy just searching on google for tips or hints on one of my games. Zelda.... i think it was the oracles one.. no it was seasons.. wait.. oh right i had both ^_^;. Anyways i was searchign for a site that would jsut give me tips. Well.. i asked my dad to help.. he narrowed down the words i used.. and i wandered off because he searched.

Bout 15 minutes later he calls me into the room again. He says he has fond this site that could help. I sit down.. its Otakuboards.com. I figured out i couldnt ask for help unless i was a member so i joined.. got my help i needed.. and left. I did not return for about 3 months when i was bored and was searching for digimon stuff.. i ended up at theotaku.. and got curious about the forums.. to find out they were the same place i was before.. i bookmarked it.. and then posted again. Then they changed to V3 and i had to get a new account.. so i got this one.

Thats how i came to be here.. Forever forever ago